Home
https://digg.com/video/heres-what-1-million-dollar-house-looks-like-in-los-angeles-vs-nashville
Can get the Nashville or Indy house AND possibly up to 50-75-100 acres if you get it a couple of counties away from the infected deep blue urban areas of Metro-Nashvile-Davidson County

And your prop taxes might be in the realm of 10k

An lo, just think if you can build it yourself or youre not a life-long douche bag and have a friend that is a general contractor. You build it under his license, hire subs out for the major phases. Live on-site in a metal building till all is done
Originally Posted by slumlord
Can get the Nashville or Indy house AND possibly up to 50-75-100 acres if you get it a couple of counties away from the infected deep blue urban areas of Metro-Nashvile-Davidson County

And your prop taxes might be in the realm of 10k

An lo, just think if you can build it yourself or youre not a life-long douche bag and have a friend that is a general contractor. You build it under his license, hire subs out for the major phases. Live on-site in a metal building till all is done

Exactly.

To each their own but I’ve never understood the McMansion on a 1/4 acre lot mentality. I’ll take acreage over six bedrooms and 10 bathrooms all day.
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

To each their own but I’ve never understood the McMansion on a 1/4 acre lot mentality. I’ll take acreage over six bedrooms and 10 bathrooms all day.

Gets even worse when you look at more average new homes here, two- story boxes on quarter-acre lots just feet apart hastily thrown together by immigrant labor. Streets no wider than what they can get away with, constant stalled traffic coming and going due to insufficient infrastructure.

Still continuing unabated around this county.
A million will buy a 400 acre farm with house, barn, equipment buildings around here.

Same here. I would take a double wide on acreage, over any McMansion ever built.
This is an example of what the similar housing in different places cost. My brother had a job that moved him every few years. We have a house in Louisiana that 20 years ago was worth about 35K. My brother was moved to the DC area about that time and bought a similar size house that needed some minor repairs and spent 160K. He lived there about 10 years, and sold the house for 300K+, when he was moved to the Los Angeles area. There a similar sized house would have cost him 500K+. He knew he wouldn't be out there very long, so he just rented.

These examples are over about a 10 yr span and housing prices went up during that time. However, the house in Louisiana is still not worth 500k.
That would be $2 mil here.
Don't move to vt. My property taxes are 12k on a 3 bedroom ranch on 3 acres. 20 years ago when I bought it they were 3.5k so thats what happens under democrat control.
Originally Posted by tzone

Yeah, it's getting nuts where I'm at.
1/2 the people in this country have lost their minds
Originally Posted by auk1124

Same here. I would take a double wide on acreage, over any McMansion ever built.

Many in America will agree with you, but most of those guys don’t have enough teeth to chew a chicken McNugget.
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by tzone

Yeah, it's getting nuts where I'm at.

Me too. I’ve lived here 12 years and my house has literally doubled in value. Contractors are throwing up houses around me that are $7-800 k and they sell in less than a month. We have an awesome school district which is part of it but pure madness has to be the rest.
Nashville is one of the hottest housing markets in the country and has been so for many years. Property values continue to soar and home sales are ridiculous. Just about every home sale becomes a bidding war and sellers are seeing record prices.

What is truly remarkable is the velocity of farm sales and large tract sales in central/east Tennessee and north Georgia. Most are sold sight unseen as more west coasters and rust belt folks flee their liberal utopias. Unfortunately, they also bring their political ideology with them so they are not well received by the locals. But the trend continues.
Originally Posted by JeffP
1/2 the people in this country have lost their minds

Finally, something EVERYONE can agree on. We just can't agree on which half it is!
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Nashville is one of the hottest housing markets in the country and has been so for many years. Property values continue to soar and home sales are ridiculous. Just about every home sale becomes a bidding war and sellers are seeing record prices.

What is truly remarkable is the velocity of farm sales and large tract sales in central/east Tennessee and north Georgia. Most are sold sight unseen as more west coasters and rust belt folks flee their liberal utopias. Unfortunately, they also bring their political ideology with them so they are not well received by the locals. But the trend continues.

Very true. 7 years ago we paid $4K an acre for a nice size chunk of land. All the locals were quick to tell me their uncle Billy Bob or cousin Earle paid a lot less 10-20 years ago (no shiet!)
The lot next to me sold 3 months ago. New owner paid $26K an acre and he was a local.
We live in arguably one of the worst places in the country.

11 years ago we bought an inexpensive house and we could now sell it for 3x what we paid.

Pointless because I don't want to move.

Just strange though that even out here housing is taking off. I'm honestly not sure why.
Originally Posted by Blackheart
A million will buy a 400 acre farm with house, barn, equipment buildings around here.

SURE SURE

And you’re also a custom pistol smith

LOL
The purchase price is just the tip of the iceberg. In California, for example, property taxes are sorta capped under Proposition 13, which was enacted decades ago to ensure that older folks who stay in their home won't end up being bankrupted by property taxes as the valuations rise.

Well, that million dollar house gets re-assessed when it is sold, to the sales price, so a property tax bill that used to be about $600 a year (which is what my parents were paying for their house just south of SF) jumps to about $12,000 a year for the new owners.

The people who bought the house I just sold in CA are now facing a property tax bill of about twice what we used to pay, along with skyrocketing utility and insurance costs. Maybe I'm just getting old, but the idea of paying $3,000 a month in property taxes alone for a house in the burbs is a deal killer.
Originally Posted by BobBrown

SURE SURE

LOL

No, no, no....$2k an acre for productive ground and $200k for house, barn, and outbuildings. Real life son.
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
Don't move to vt. My property taxes are 12k on a 3 bedroom ranch on 3 acres. 20 years ago when I bought it they were 3.5k so thats what happens under democrat control.

But just think of all that good government you get for it….

Hope they make it miserable and intolerable for the commies before I get there. I'll pitch in and help out tending to that when I do.

Lol.
Sycamore is a Biden loving f a g g o t.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I'm honestly not sure why.

Manicured lawns.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Hope they make it miserable and intolerable for the commies before I get there. I'll pitch in and help out tending to that when I do.

Lol.

They aren't real welcoming to trailer trash either.
Originally Posted by JimFromTN

Lol.

How were you allowed in then?
My uncle got onto me about hauling junk cars off the farm tbis summer.

He said I was gonna make the property taxes go up

Yer gonna run off all the black snakes damb it

That tax bill is only slightly lower than our mortgage.

And I can have a chicken Gulag here.

One good thing about Cali.....................Prop 13!

If'n youins fixit them cars up rite, y'all could raise a buncha chickens in thair. Close up them doors at night, keepem safe from the coons.

Just leave them and don't cut the grass around them. You will forget they are there in no time.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

That tax bill is only slightly lower than our mortgage.

And I can have a chicken Gulag here.

One good thing about Cali.....................Prop 13!

12 thousand would cover our property taxes for almost 35 years
Originally Posted by ribka

Lol.

They have no idea because I can speak in complete sentences

from what I hear

Salt Lake valley the average house is 1/2M

How does a young family with debt buy these ??

crazy.......

just fuggin crazy

https://www.sltrib.com/homeprices/
Originally Posted by ribka

Lol.

They have no idea because I can speak in complete sentences

No. The gate was just left open.

Lol.
Here's a bargain for the resident libtards who support BLM, high taxes, big government and Marxism. Right in the middle of the real hood in Oakland, a few blocks from a Church's (and many AME type churches). 776 glorious square feet. At a bit less than half a million, you better not wait (make a full price offer and you might get the requisite Cadillac in the driveway). https://www.grubbco.com/homes-for-sale/CA/oakland/94605/2610-67th-ave/lid-5ede8c7664257254a0bdcfc6
I can get more than 1000 acres around Amarillo for less than $1M.
Doesn't look like too bad a neighborhood. I don't see any cars parked on the sidewalks or loose dogs in the pics.
Doesn't look like too bad a neighborhood. I don't see any cars parked on the sidewalks or loose dogs in the pics.

It ain't an area you'd want to be in after dark.

Just strange though that even out here housing is taking off. I'm honestly not sure why.

Hyperinflation causes real asset prices to rise. The government money printing is out of control.
Originally Posted by MAC

Indeed, for a reason...
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by MAC

Indeed, for a reason...

“God’s country.”

LOL
Originally Posted by MAC

Almost enough land to graze one cow laugh
Originally Posted by Remsen

Yep, for sure. I dont want to be in Ca even in the daylight.
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Hyperinflation causes real asset prices to rise. The government money printing is out of control.

Yep. The houses arent more valuable but the deep state Bolsheviks riat funny money is crashing. Its being done to bring a financial collapse and stravation in order for the NWO to step in with their economic reset plan the Ds and Rinos have bent us over for.

It will amount to giving them everything you have, including guns and autos, for food and medicine.

Thousands of US businesses went under in the lockdowns. The banks took them over. Who owns the banks? How much prime property did they get in Portland and Seattle and NY the past year for pennies on the dollar?
Looking through a rural land catalog in 1982 I saw typically 100 acres and a big farm house for $50k in upstate NY.

Meanwhile, anything with a roof was $50k in suburban Seattle.

I wondered why the discrepancy.
But I could guess now that people in NY retire to FL.
People in NY moved to LA for a job.
but for 5 times that you get:

Originally Posted by Remsen

heck, with some of the things I have running around my yard after dark, I don't want to be out there either....
Lord knows what you might run into out there....

Go out there and then in the dark, you hear 40 to 50 elk running around, you frightened....

They weren't hurt you unless you are ran over by a 500 pound cow elk or a 900 pound bull....

have found Cougar and Bear scat out there once in a while, the next morning....
We have a rental house in southern Illinois. We paid about $50k for it and about $25k to remodel. Wife's friend from California stayed there while visiting. Don't remember her city; but her husband works for Google. Said that house was nicer than their $800k one (which dropped to $500k at one point and is probably now over $1 million).
We are close to Canada here and have a lot of lakeshore that Canadians scoop up to shield their money from high taxes at home. Nothing to see a place go for 100k over assessed value which just drives up prices.
A friend of mine is a real estate agent in LA, he has a couple looking for a house between 800,000 and a million dollars. He said that will get you around a 1,000 SF or less in Burbank.

Every house they have made an offer on has multiple offers over listing price.
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by MAC

Indeed, for a reason...

Probably need a thousand acres to graze one steer
Money is to easy to borrow. It’s gonna build for another crash. Edk
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Originally Posted by BobBrown

SURE SURE

LOL

No, no, no....$2k an acre for productive ground and $200k for house, barn, and outbuildings. Real life son.

Maryland, NY Land for Sale - 22 listings | Land and Farm

Google for the campfire punk ass bitches. 408 acre working dairy with house, barn, equipment and livestock. $ 959,900.00
© 24hourcampfire