Home
Posted By: Sharpsman John Deere - 10/15/21
10,000 walked off yesterday!
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: John Deere - 10/15/21
Feel bad for them.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: John Deere - 10/15/21
Eventually the stupid bastard in the Oval Office is going to understand that his so-called MANDATE ain't gonna fly!! Truckers will be next!!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: John Deere - 10/15/21
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Eventually the stupid bastard in the Oval Office is going to understand that his so-called MANDATE ain't gonna fly!! Truckers will be next!!

Everyone needs to stand up.

There is not only safety in numbers, there's POWER in numbers.

These dictators have forgotten who they work for.

But I think the JD deal is a union strike.
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: John Deere - 10/15/21
It’s basically a battle of wills now. Just do it because I say so.
Posted By: ldholton Re: John Deere - 10/15/21

My understanding is the mandate has nothing to do with this , the poor union workers think they a mistreated and underpaid ..
Posted By: BobBrown Re: John Deere - 10/15/21
Our numbers are our biggest asset
Doesn’t make a crap whether its union or not! It coincides with the millions of others not working and just makes the cheese tuffer on the CIC aka Communist In Charge!!
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: John Deere - 10/15/21
Doesn’t make a crap whether its union or not! It coincides with the millions of others not working and just makes the cheese tuffer on the CIC aka Communist In Charge!!

Except it’s not over the mandate. It’s union bullshit. Lol. Try and pay attention.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: John Deere - 10/15/21
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Feel bad for them.

I feel for the farmers with no one to hook up laptops to their tractors now...
it is
harvest season
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Except it’s not over the mandate. It’s union bullshit. Lol. Try and pay attention.

Try and see farther than the end of your frickin nose!!
Posted By: slumlord Re: John Deere - 10/15/21
So which is it?

I get my news from Caribou Bob

And my medical advice from Dr Mercola
Posted By: ldholton Re: John Deere - 10/15/21
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Feel bad for them.

it is
harvest season

Even parts for older stuff . People already bitch and moan about Deere being TOO $$ , Union labor cost is a big part of that compared to others .. , Labor too high Deere goes out of business. replaced by some foriegn xxxbrand. (As many of the cheaper Deere models already are) in some ways the unions are becoming their own worst enemy.
Posted By: dale06 Re: John Deere - 10/15/21
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Feel bad for them.

it is
harvest season

Even parts for older stuff . People already bitch and moan about Deere being TOO $$ , Union labor cost is a big part of that compared to others .. , Labor too high Deere goes out of business. replaced by some foriegn xxxbrand. (As many of the cheaper Deere models already are) in some ways the unions are becoming thier own worst enemy.

“becoming” their own worst enemy?
China must love them.
Posted By: sackett Re: John Deere - 10/15/21

It has to do with salary......nothing to do with mandates or the white house. They want more than the 5-6% raise the were offered. At the end of their contract, their average salary would have gone from 60k a year to 72k a year.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: John Deere - 10/15/21
Originally Posted by sackett

It has to do with salary......nothing to do with mandates or the white house. They want more than the 5-6% raise the were offered. At the end of their contract, their average salary would have gone from 60k a year to 72k a year.

To bolt together a tractor.... These days everyone thinks showing up to work with a pulse entitles them to an upper middle class salary, then bitch when their Chik-fil-a costs $15 a meal.
Posted By: old_boots Re: John Deere - 10/15/21

From the MSM, it is the workers who want more money. Supposedly the union accepted the offer from JD.
Posted By: boilerpig1 Re: John Deere - 10/15/21
United Auto Workers union. Pieces of S H I T who vote democrat come hell or high water. I can't fault a man who wants more money for his work, but to hold a large section of our working farmers hostage for personal gain don't sit well with me. FOAD, everyone of them. That includes family and friends who belong to that criminal organization.

BP...
Posted By: lostleader Re: John Deere - 10/15/21

My understanding is the mandate has nothing to do with this , the poor union workers think they a mistreated and underpaid ..

Them fellers are anything but underpaid.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: John Deere - 10/15/21
Originally Posted by slumlord
So which is it?

I get my news from Caribou Bob

And my medical advice from Dr Mercola

Billy Bob loves Charlene!

Posted By: BFaucett Re: John Deere - 10/15/21
Even parts for older stuff . People already bitch and moan about Deere being TOO $$ , Union labor cost is a big part of that compared to others .. , Labor too high Deere goes out of business. replaced by some foriegn xxxbrand. (As many of the cheaper Deere models already are) in some ways the unions are becoming their own worst enemy.

video posted to YouTube on Apr 25, 2021

I have to admit that the cost of this rig was a little surprising to this old city boy. The operator sure is cute, though. grin
BTW, she does NOT work for John Deere. She works on her family's farm in Nebraska.

Bob F. smile
Posted By: champlain_islander Re: John Deere - 10/15/21
Deere had record earnings this year. Time to pay the people who made it happen.
Posted By: Strider1 Re: John Deere - 10/15/21
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Posted By: flintlocke Re: John Deere - 10/16/21
Terrible, horrible news...stock down to 333 bucks...I bought 70 shares this morning when the market opened.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: John Deere - 10/16/21
Originally Posted by champlain_islander

In 1980 John Deere was on strike for more wages and benefits. As I recall the company wanted to offer stock options to the employees as part of the wage package. The union refused. They wanted money up front. The cost of living was going up by 7% a year as I recall back then. (Jimmy Carter was the president) The stock price was bouncing between $15 and $20 a share as I recall. Today it's $332 a share. Those guys were on the top tier pay system back then. Now they are on a 3 tier pay system. I really doubt there is anyone left on the tier one pay system. If there are I'm sure they are getting close to $50 an hour. Many are on the 2nd tier which they started in the 1990's. After being out of work for several years in the 1980's and 1990's the union agreed to the 2nd tier.

I understand the 3rd tier is what the new union guys are working on now. I understand the starting wage is in the $17 range for the 3rd tier workers and the 2nd tier guys are between what the 1st tier and 3rd tier are getting. If I were a young guy just out of high school I wouldn't thing $17 would be a bad wage. (No college is required, just a high school diploma) With time the wages always get better. As per my brother in law the company offered 2% a year for the next 6 years and that is why they went on strike. My brother in law didn't think 2% was enough. He is a 2nd tier guy. His wife works full time and his 3 kids are no longer living at home. I'm pretty sure he is up on the Mississippi fishing today while collecting strike pay and his wife is working. Life can be real tough some times.

I look back and see that one of the biggest mistakes I made was not leaving the Police Department and going to work at John Deere in 1980.

kwg
Posted By: flintlocke Re: John Deere - 10/16/21
I know nothing about investing, but I personally know 2 of the biggest logging contractors in this region, they are now phased into 100% Deere forestry machines. Why I ask? They agree, quality, ruggedness, reliability, top notch dealer service. If in the unlikely event of a breakdown...the right parts, right away. It took real performance and a good looking balance sheet to get these guys away from the Cat habit.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: John Deere - 10/16/21

They were working for free?
Posted By: jackmountain Re: John Deere - 10/16/21

I’d guess they got paid a helluva lot more than they were worth. Worthless union fugks.
Posted By: slumlord Re: John Deere - 10/16/21
Originally Posted by BFaucett

video posted to YouTube on Apr 25, 2021

I have to admit that the cost of this rig was a little surprising to this old city boy. The operator sure is cute, though. grin
BTW, she does NOT work for John Deere. She works on her family's farm in Nebraska.

Bob F. smile

5:10 she dumped in the Graphene

Dr Mercola wept!!
Posted By: blanket Re: John Deere - 10/16/21

Maybe time to say screw JD and their overpriced employees and the union
Posted By: SamOlson Re: John Deere - 10/16/21
Cab blower fans started going out in one of the yuppie tractors.

Googled the part number and double checked it with the JD parts man.

He even transferred me to the shop foreman when I asked a question.

JD price was $432 for the pair.

Went online and found Bosch OEM for $200 shipped to my door in 3 days.

Now don't get me wrong, I like to support local but that is robbery.

And we had a 5 figure shop bill last winter so I don't feel guilty.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: John Deere - 10/16/21
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: John Deere - 10/17/21
JD raised there prices in reaction to corn prices going up
Workers want there cut.
Simple as that.
No matter how you feel about it the cost will ultimately be paid by the farmer. Lots of corruption I am in need of a new engine for my 4850 no remand from deere any more they are trying to force a new on on me
Not gona happin. My operation can’t afford a 300k tractor
Off to the machine shop.
© 24hourcampfire