Home
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Started this about 7:30 at the farm. Took all day, engineering was such that forklift wound up being 4X4s crammed in the root grapple of the Kubota, hence the admonition of rene that pics or it did not happen, no evidence no crime. (that dang box is heavy)

When you only have yourself to count on, you have to be smarter than what you are working with. No digits busted bad, very little blood and it is ready to travel and shoot. Will take the wheels off to forestall as much as possible theft, as turds will haul your stuff off...

Rotating beans and corn year after year calls for change of spots to hunt, this will let an old man stay dry and spend more time out of the house...
Nice!
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Nice!

X2

With a comfortable old recliner in there and food and drinks you can sit in there all day.
is it big enuff to lay down in, and nap?.....
Saw them on sale $199
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Saw them on sale $199

I wish I had known about it. You couldn’t build one out of lumber for that price.
Is that a Browning? What model? That’d be a helluvalot easier to haul in and construct than a 2x4 and plywood setup. Our moose camp road is pretty gnarly.
Saw them on sale $199

Where? I want 5K of them at that price.

Trailer is 5 times that...hell the tires are twice that sans rims...
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Is that a Browning? What model? That’d be a helluvalot easier to haul in and construct than a 2x4 and plywood setup. Our moose camp road is pretty gnarly.

Redneck. 6X6 Buck Palace.
Originally Posted by huntsman22

It is, and I have done it in my 10'er...Grand son can fidget and not get busted too! 6'X6'.
Climbed up in one of those in Tx. during a rain storm. Guy had it stocked with condiments….. coffee creamer and stirrers, salt and pepper packs, ketchup and hot sauce packs.
Had a swivel office chair in it. We were hunting pigs on a farm that was leased by some oil company.
Not what I would consider “hunting” but to each his own….
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Climbed up in one of those in Tx. during a rain storm. Guy had it stocked with condiments….. coffee creamer and stirrers, salt and pepper packs, ketchup and hot sauce packs.
Had a swivel office chair in it. We were hunting pigs on a farm that was leased by some oil company.
Not what I would consider “hunting” but to each his own….
I put 'em in the same place I nailed up 2X4s as a yute, I can afford better seats after 50 years of busting the hinney that sits in them. Farm has been in my family for over a 100 years. I bought it from the siblings at my grandfather's passing. I manage it for deer harvest. At 67 I feel I am due some comfort.

Time you figure equipment for planting, seed, fertilizer and lime, herbicide and insecticides, repair of fences from azzhats that road hunt and cut my fences to pick up their illegal kills, time for bushhogging, fuel and taxes on the land, it is not a gimmy.
Might as well sit on the couch and watch hunting shows
Need to cut a hole for a flue pipe
Nice…an elevated outhouse.
Hunting from a treestand, blind, outhouse, or a heated shoot house?
What's the difference?
You aren't hunting. That's implies action.
Your just waiting and looking, maybe shooting.

Might as well be comfortable doing it.
If it rains, I hunt from my truck.

Look at the same trees and field. Just stay dry. With a cell phone and charger. And snacks.

Deer get just as dead
I often found wetbacks sleeping in mine. Rude awakening for both of us at 0 dark 30 in the morning.
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Might as well sit on the couch and watch hunting shows

Hard to get fixins for jerky watching tv...
pretty slick.
Even their blinds look good.

A gennie, an air-con, and a coffee maker would help.

No, I am not kidding...just getting smarter as I get older.
Originally Posted by K1500

Originally Posted by worriedman
Started this about 7:30 at the farm. Took all day, engineering was such that forklift wound up being 4X4s crammed in the root grapple of the Kubota, hence the admonition of rene that pics or it did not happen, no evidence no crime. (that dang box is heavy)

When you only have yourself to count on, you have to be smarter than what you are working with. No digits busted bad, very little blood and it is ready to travel and shoot. Will take the wheels off to forestall as much as possible theft, as turds will haul your stuff off...

Rotating beans and corn year after year calls for change of spots to hunt, this will let an old man stay dry and spend more time out of the house...

Is the lack of symmetry in the 2nd pic intentional?

Enjoy your new toy!
You guys who judge how others hunt need to pull your heads out of your asses.

In a world where ALL hunting, shooting, and taking of any game is under attack, we don't need to help their insane agendas.

Not to mention the varying terrains and conditions throughout the nation, where not everyone can step out of their cabin and see 25 miles in any direction unrestricted.

You are welcome to your ethics as far as hunting goes. But I for one will defend the freedom and hunting rights of anyone hunting with legal methods.

Flame away.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

In a world where ALL hunting, shooting, and taking of any game is under attack, we don't need to help their insane agendas.

Not to mention the varying terrains and conditions throughout the nation, where not everyone can step out of their cabin and see 25 miles in any direction unrestricted.

You are welcome to your ethics as far as hunting goes. But I for one will defend the freedom and hunting rights of anyone hunting with legal methods.

Flame away.

Well said

Flame away.

That about covers it.

Flame away.

It'll really suck if the day comes that I have to hunt food down to feed my family.

Well said.
Originally Posted by SCgman1

Is the lack of symmetry in the 2nd pic intentional?

Enjoy your new toy!

Yes, there is a ladder, (laying on the trailer, that has to reach the ground) hence the location on the trailer.
I used to walk 'em up when I was a lot younger. I have hunted this 250 acres all my life, and I don't have to go anywhere else. I normally harvest between 10 and 15 deer, 99% does. I give a lot to Hunters for the Hungry, but I need to take a certain number each year off the place. I cut most the trails they use, I have core areas that nobody goes into. It is my own little ecosystem.

I could give a rats rear end if someone does not like how I do it on my own property. I don't pile up corn or apples, no bait other than the trees I have planted dropping acorns and chestnuts and the food plots.

Flame away.

👍

I'd love to see a lot of the people ridiculing blind/stand hunting come up to the big northern woods and show us how to "hunt."
No need to apologize for your hunting set up. Go forward and slay deer and have fun.
Hey, you are hunting and have been a productive member of society more than long enough to have earned it - and then some.
Enjoy it and tell all the nay-sayers to kiss your hairy arse!
I think your box is beautiful.
Blind*
Originally Posted by goalie

Flame away.

👍

I'd love to see a lot of the people ridiculing blind/stand hunting come up to the big northern woods and show us how to "hunt."

Same thing down here having to hunt food plots, power line ROW’s among pine plantations.
Nicely done. This approach appeals to me more all the time. Waiting for a critter to walk by is a time honored hunting method.
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Well said.

Ya, that's were I'm at. Enjoy hunting by all legal means and any legal game. Trapping same way. I don't trap but I support trappers 100%.

Jokes are still game, though.
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by K1500

A friend who owns a few elevated enclosed fiberglass blinds has nicknamed them himself, "The Poop-n-Shoot".

There are times an places where a blind is much more effective/efficient than hunting afoot.
Saw them on sale $199

No kidding, right, "Normally $3995 but today only this RedNeck blind can be yours for $199 dollars, but wait, there's more!" laugh
My first impression from the pictures is that it looks like the perfect road hunting setup. Just hitch it to a truck and go. wink
Those are nice but expensive. What's not these days. Congratulations it'll be good to hunt in. There's an outfitters place in Oakwood, Tx. that sells them all the way up to Castle size. When I pass through sometimes I like to stop and dream a little.
Originally Posted by huntsman22

Mine is. 5'x7' interior, two people could easily stretch out in it. I have it mounted on a trailer as well.
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Originally Posted by goalie

Flame away.

👍

Same thing down here having to hunt food plots, power line ROW’s among pine plantations.

Pretty cool thing about the 'fire is you hear different perspectives from hunters all over the country about how to hunt deer. Me, I'd go nuts anymore sitting in a box blind in a 2 acre woodlot from dawn 'til dusk. But, when in Rome, and all. smile

Conversely, my hunting buddies from Vermont are hard-pressed to believe there's "any deer out in that grass."
Hey OP I'm right there with you on our outhouse hunting. I hunt on a farm where the owners nephew hunts too and we have an agreement that I don't intrude on his part of the farm, he has ran everyone off the place but me. I made this thing about 12 years ago and have enjoyed it ever since. I see an average of 20 deer every time I'm in it and every shot taken is at deer that are not alarmed and running. All one shot kills. Were I walking around on this farm, where I hunt for free mind you the nephew would have ran me off years ago. I'll get my walking time in trying to find an elk! Wheels come off just the same reason you mentioned.
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Some of the county laws around here require the hunter to be elevated if you want to use a rifle.

Flame away.

Good post.
What's the recommended yardage from the corn feeder?
Indigenous people use to do it with a pointy stick, even up north in the timber. 😆

But we all know they had corn. 😂
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Imagine you wouldn’t want the corn raining down on you in a blind.

#BlindedByCornBad

LOL

🦫

You are thinking of Texas...

Don't need to bait them here. There's corn and beans all around where I hunt. Nice creek for them to drink out of and plenty of cover. Acorns everywhere too. My own nature made paradise! And it's free. Best deal in the entire state and 1 1/2 miles from my house. Sounds like the OP has it about the same.
Originally Posted by skeen
Saw them on sale $199

No kidding, right, "Normally $3995 but today only this RedNeck blind can be yours for $199 dollars, but wait, there's more!" laugh

Full set of Ginsu knives & 2 nights/3 days in beautiful atlantic city N.J smile
© 24hourcampfire