Home
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Covid Veteran Question - 10/19/21
Question for you Covid Survivors.

Let's say you know someone with the Delta Force variant.

They got sicker than hell for a couple days.

Then they started feeling a shìt ton better. Like everything is okeydokey except for a little sniffle and no sense of taste or smell.

Was that it? Or was the Delta Force just waiting to give them an expertly flung Judy Chop?

Asking for a friend....
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/19/21
First bout made me sick for about a week but lingered for a couple more. Second bout I just felt a little feverish for 3-4 days then felt like I had a slight cold or allergies kicking in.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/19/21
I had something, no idea what, that gave me a wickedly sore throat and 3 days of high fever. Now I’m mostly better except my throat still hurts like dammit. Like I’m loosing weight due to not eating throat hurts.

Tested neg for Strep and Neg for the Delta88 yesterday. Of course Dr says I could have had it and just cleared, no virus but lingering symptoms. Who knows, but I believe I may survive.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/19/21
Jim, punch ya self in the sack, if you feel it, your likely A OK !
Didn’t have the Delta variant, but last November it knocked my dick in the dirt for 4-5 days. Took close to a month to get stamina back to close to normal at the gym and cutting wood. Still feel like I get winded after I run a mile or other heavy cardio.

Never lost taste or smell. Tested positive for a month, work wouldn’t let me come back without a negative test.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/19/21
Three days worth of the worst hangover I’ve ever had. Nutzo headache, chills. Fourth day back to work.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/19/21
Originally Posted by Dutch
Three days worth of the worst hangover I’ve ever had. Nutzo headache, chills. Fourth day back to work.

Exactly. To the "T".

Just wondering if this thing is gonna "circle back around" once he starts feeling cocky. No?
Posted By: hotsoup Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/19/21
I had the delta variant almost 3 months ago. Stuffed head, headache, some chest congestion, lost taste and smell. Doc gave me a shot of decadron (sp) and a Zack. Felt great after a few days. However, my taste and smell are only back maybe 25%.
I'm older didn't get the shot got me good for 4 days symtoms came and went for 2 weeks, back to working out just about full tilt. I do have a history of work induced asthma and and colds offenten go into my lungs. I was éligible for Regeneron so I did do that. Good luck. I'm retired.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/19/21
Loss of taste and smell is a giveaway to me, not sure of the variant I had.

Doc said if your symptoms subside and you feel better, stop taking the meds, so I’d guess that meant it’s about over.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/19/21
Jim it’s hard to say because this China bug affects everyone so differently. I’m 8yrs shy of my medical degree but I’d have to believe that’s the worst/end of it for you friend.
I know a couple of people who felt good after a few days, then over exerted themselves and got a lot worse. I would take it slow for a couple days after feeling better if possible. PE is another thing that seems to be popping up with Delta for whatever reason and is something to watch out for. It almost got a friend 2 weeks into it recently after it should have been over.
Originally Posted by Mac84
Jim it’s hard to say because this China bug affects everyone so differently. I’m 8yrs shy of my medical degree but I’d have to believe that’s the worst/end of it for you friend.

He feels like a million bucks compared to a couple days ago.
Posted By: Mr_Harry Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/19/21
Delta went through the house (presumably delta), positive tests, towards the end of August. Hit the GF hardest, like a bad flu, out of work two weeks, then lingering symptoms, etc. seemed like she was on her way to 100% recovery then my kid brings home a bad cold about a week and half ago. We all get the cold (symptoms wayyy worse than my bout with Covid, but that was really mild) but still just a relatively mean cold. We all test negative. GF still can’t shake it. Turns into wicked hacking, goes to doc, she’s got bronchitis, high blood pressure, some other Schitt. But, according to testing, no Covid. Moral of story - there’s still mean viruses going around, Covid or no covid. Colds, flu, whatever. Also possible the Covid beat her immune system down (and maybe mine as well) to where a common cold on the heals of it hit her more severely than it would have otherwise. I’m no doc, just my guess.
Mine was end of August as well, probably a good chance it was Delta.
Posted By: deflave Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/19/21
The question posed is based on the idea that somebody knows they had COVID-19.

It’s a false premise.
Posted By: 280Rem1 Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/19/21
My hunting buddy got it bad. Was mildly sick (cough, sniffles) for a few days. Started to get better, then it hammered him for three weeks. Thought we were going to lose him. Six weeks later, he is just regaining taste and smell.
Mine hit hard and fast, but I started Ivermectin right off the bat. Doc have me steroids for lung inflammation. Was better in 2 weeks, but not 100% strength for 2 months.
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Yeah that’s probably what it was.
Originally Posted by 280Rem1
My hunting buddy got it bad. Was mildly sick (cough, sniffles) for a few days. Started to get better, then it hammered him for three weeks. Thought we were going to lose him. Six weeks later, he is just regaining taste and smell.
Mine hit hard and fast, but I started Ivermectin right off the bat. Doc have me steroids for lung inflammation. Was better in 2 weeks, but not 100% strength for 2 months.

Oh my Gid! Praise the Jeebus!
Originally Posted by deflave

Yeah that’s probably what it was.

🖕🏿☺️
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry
Delta went through the house (presumably delta), positive tests, towards the end of August. Hit the GF hardest, like a bad flu, out of work two weeks, then lingering symptoms, etc. seemed like she was on her way to 100% recovery then my kid brings home a bad cold about a week and half ago. We all get the cold (symptoms wayyy worse than my bout with Covid, but that was really mild) but still just a relatively mean cold. We all test negative. GF still can’t shake it. Turns into wicked hacking, goes to doc, she’s got bronchitis, high blood pressure, some other Schitt. But, according to testing, no Covid. Moral of story - there’s still mean viruses going around, Covid or no covid. Colds, flu, whatever. Also possible the Covid beat her immune system down (and maybe mine as well) to where a common cold on the heals of it hit her more severely than it would have otherwise. I’m no doc, just my guess.

No, no, no.

You weren’t sick. It wasn’t COVID.

Be quiet.
about the seventh covid tour, I lost the smell in my pimp hand. The first 6 go arounds were mostly lung disfunction, gastro intentional, erection lasting longer than russet potatoes in proper storage, lots of ear drainage, pectoral inflammation, some drinking, high quality rest, mid grade disco fever.... normal symptoms.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/19/21
Flavor, how long has it been since you’ve been sick with a flu bug ? I know it’s hard to believe I’m asking you a serious question.

Me, in the last 9 years, I’ve been sick a day at the most, a few times.

🦫
I just got it again. Put me down for 8.

I'm just really thirsty this time. "krpshkt!"
Originally Posted by northern_dave
about the seventh covid tour, I lost the smell in my pimp hand. The first 6 go arounds were mostly lung disfunction, gastro intentional, erection lasting longer than russet potatoes in proper storage, lots of ear drainage, pectoral inflammation, some drinking, high quality rest, mid grade disco fever.... normal symptoms.

Did you get your Dick vaccinated ?

LOL

🦫
Posted By: szihn Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/19/21
I don't know if this is accurate, but I do know it can't be less reliable then the government's narratives.

https://www.americanpartisan.org/2021/10/covid-vaxxers-are-developing-a-i-d-s-bloodwork-proof/
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Flavor, how long has it been since you’ve been sick with a flu bug ? I know it’s hard to believe I’m asking you a serious question.

🦫

It was 40 years for me, pussy.

LOL

🦫

covid's no joke.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/19/21
Been tired and cranky for 19 months... Otherwise hardly noticeable.

🦫

It was 40 years for me, pussy.

Fûck you’re old.

😝🦫

LOL

🦫

covid's no joke.

I’ll send pears 🍐

🦫
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Been tired and cranky for 19 months... Otherwise hardly noticeable.

Haven’t noticed....😂🦫

LOL

🦫

covid's no joke.

I’ll send pears 🍐

🦫

who the hell is this guy? nobody past 2010 membership should know about send pears.

LOL

🦫

covid's no joke.

I’ll send pears 🍐

🦫

who the hell is this guy? nobody past 2010 membership should know about send pears.

I’m a sock puppet.

🦫
Posted By: Mr_Harry Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/19/21
The question posed is based on the idea that somebody knows they had COVID-19.

It’s a false premise.

Hahahaha!

NOVID-19

LOL

🦫

covid's no joke.

I’ll send pears 🍐

🦫

I’m a sock puppet.

🦫

great, lol.

ok for real I only had rona once, like everyone else.

LOL

🦫

covid's no joke.

I’ll send pears 🍐

🦫

I’m a sock puppet.

🦫

great, lol.

Laffin.

Glad you survived !

🦫
Covid - flu doesn't matter what I had felt différent symptoms linger longer. Flu kills people . I believe covid exists but don't buy into all the b.s. that goes with it. To make fun of some one that is sick is child like. I have a biology degree and have lived à while. And whatever I had I now have natural imunity. I do get my information from more then the coffee crowd or the bar crowd.

🦫

Ask your mom.

LOL
Fact is that 99% of Americans don’t know what sick is.

That number decreased by .3 the past two years.

That’s all “COVID” is, or ever will be.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/19/21
how did anyone know they had the delta variant? thought they didn't have a test to say which one?

🦫

Ask your mom.

LOL

Ok, I did...Mom said you once ate something at a truck stop. Later that night you puked and promised her no more gloryhole meat sticks for you.

🦫
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/19/21

LOL

🦫

covid's no joke.

I’ll send pears 🍐

🦫

I’m a sock puppet.

🦫

great, lol.

Laffin.

Glad you survived !

🦫

Hey Beav, just like "that" you're a newbie. Funniest exchange on the fire in a long time.
Thats pure science there thanks for the éducation. I'm impressed. Maybe you could enlighten us with a full tutoriel. I don't prétend to know everything. But its hard to respect someone that thinks he does.
The test isn't accurate for covid variants would have to be sent to à lab where they examine the gnomes .
Posted By: JimFromTN Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/19/21
Originally Posted by Swifty52
First bout made me sick for about a week but lingered for a couple more. Second bout I just felt a little feverish for 3-4 days then felt like I had a slight cold or allergies kicking in.

You have had it twice? How long between the first and the second?
Hey Jim another reason it lasted as long for me is I tried to push through and got sicker again. So if you get it be à little careful we all want to be tough but that can bite you in the butt.
Posted By: Strider1 Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/19/21
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Thats hilarious.
Originally Posted by hotsoup
I had the delta variant almost 3 months ago. Stuffed head, headache, some chest congestion, lost taste and smell. Doc gave me a shot of decadron (sp) and a Zack. Felt great after a few days. However, my taste and smell are only back maybe 25%.

How did they determine which variant you had?
Originally Posted by JimFromTN

Don't get all worried, he's talking about covid. You can only get AIDS once.
LMAO
Originally Posted by rem141r
how did anyone know they had the delta variant? thought they didn't have a test to say which one?

He has the Delta Burke variant.
At any rate....they all have to quarantine for like two fugging weeks now.

Fugg......
In my opinion they are pushing the variants to scare people to get the shot or the boosters. As I mentioned the virus variants can only be identified by the génomes within the virus. Not alot of facilities have that capability.
My daughter was sick at the same time. As were my granddaughters they weren't tested so the had to be out of school for 3 weeks.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/19/21
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by rem141r

He has the Delta Burke variant.

She had great boobies.
Hahahaha!

Thats right.

Good thing too.
I probably shouldn't have gotten tested......but they say it was the right thing to do.

They can be fuggers however.
Yep I got tested because my daughter tested + at work so I did. I've been sick before and didn't get tested. Right thing to do here also.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/19/21
I got tested 3 weeks ago. I knew I got it. 2 days of mild flu symptoms then felt better. Work has a 10 day mandatory quarantine so I went hunting. I also got the monoclonal antibodies treatment.
Posted By: slowmover12 Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/20/21
I’ve read where only about 2-3 of 1000 positive tests get sent to the labs that can distinguish Covid variants.

If so, I don’t see how the so-called experts can claim a delta variant is the majority of Covid cases.
Posted By: supercrewd Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/20/21
I may have had a runny nose.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/20/21

Exactly. To the "T".

Just wondering if this thing is gonna "circle back around" once he starts feeling cocky. No?

Not seconds for me. Took a while before full 12 hr days on the farm didn’t feel like 16 hour days, and my smell is still not 100%, but no do-overs.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/20/21

Exactly. To the "T".

Not seconds for me. Took a while before full 12 hr days on the farm didn’t feel like 16 hour days, and my smell is still not 100%, but no do-overs.

Thats good to hear. Thanks.

Glad you are better.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/20/21
The worst part of having covid for me was not being with my wife when she died.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
The worst part of having covid for me was not being with my wife when she died.

That is a travesty Bob.

No one should be put through that.
Howdy.

I had a sore throat,you know the kind that feels like some 36 grit paper was used there.

Then had a fever and was super tired,as for loss of taste,smell didn't care if i ate anything at all.

Drank lots of water and stuff.

Lasted full on 3 days and by the 5th day it was like it never happened.

As for knowing if you had/have it the test did cost 1200.00.

We stayed at home the whole time.

Can't say about the latest plague type they come out with.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/20/21
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Howdy.

I had a sore throat,you know the kind that feels like some 36 grit paper was used there.

Then had a fever and was super tired,as for loss of taste,smell didn't care if i ate anything at all.

Drank lots of water and stuff.

Lasted full on 3 days and by the 5th day it was like it never happened.

As for knowing if you had/have it the test did cost 1200.00.

We stayed at home the whole time.

Can't say about the latest plague type they come out with.

1200 for an antibody test?
Yep that's what he said it would cost.

Have not seen any paper yet and this was last year.
Posted By: DeadHead Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/20/21
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by JimFromTN

Don't get all worried, he's talking about covid. You can only get AIDS once.
LMAO

LOL

JimFromTN is going all out now…

My sister paid 80 dollars, my wife was quoted 260.00. I don’t doubt it tho.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/20/21

My sister paid 80 dollars, my wife was quoted 260.00. I don’t doubt it tho.

Yeah, from what I heard last year it was spendy.

Dropped down now, but since it's been 19 months or so since I was diagnosed with "something other than flu" back before the Corona was a thing..................
Jim, whatever variant it is, whatever bug it is, it just sucks to be sick.................every time.

Immediate family member is going through it as I type. And apparently it's not fun. Loves food and can't taste hardly anything. Can't smell the teas she enjoys. At first their kidneys hurt like they were going to do the stone thing. I only hope the Corona sickness ends soon for them.

Hope it passes soon, whatever the hell it is.
Question for you Covid Survivors.

Let's say you know someone with the Delta Force variant.

They got sicker than hell for a couple days.

Then they started feeling a shìt ton better. Like everything is okeydokey except for a little sniffle and no sense of taste or smell.

Was that it? Or was the Delta Force just waiting to give them an expertly flung Judy Chop?

Asking for a friend....

That sounds like it. I had it in Feb '20 and I was sicker than [bleep] for 3 days. High fever, super weak and no taste. Took a little longer to get back to full strength but it wasn't too bad after I passed them 3 days. Sounds like your friend had a similar experience to mine
Posted By: Geno67 Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/20/21
March '20. 3 days felt rough, 1 day felt awful. Terrible cough for 1 month, minor cough still happening. Lost taste and smell completely. Taste came back kind of weird a few months later. Smell has not returned. I still wheeze a little with deep breaths. Completely untreated. No vax.
Posted By: deflave Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/20/21
I think some of you retards need the light bulb to come on.

You don’t know you had COVID. You don’t know the variant. And you’re buying into the BS.

Stop being stupid.
Is there Covid ? I think there is do people know what they have for sure no. I don't think anyone on this post is mentally impaired. Just à few things to consider:
.* loss of tast and smell
* most people do not appear to have bacterial infections
* symtoms that can last for much longer
* people that are reporting the same symtoms
* there is evidence this came from China
* it has been weaponized against the people
* there is evidence that U.S. worked on and funded gain of fonction
* it helped steal an election
* there was an effort to destroy small business
* the masks don't work
* vaccinés don't work as they should
* lockdowns
* remote learning
* sick people put in extended care facilities
* as one person posted not being with him wife when she passed
* with holding treatment
* ivermectin that is being prescribe by front line doctors
* hydrochloroqine
* regeneron
I could go on and on point is people have been sick, it has been devastating financually, it has taken a huge mental toll, éducation has suffered greatly. Trump, Desantis, Flynn, frontline doctors are treating this bug differently.
PEOPLE ON THIS SIGHT ARE SHARING THEIR EXPERIENCES WE ALL CAN LEARN AND BENEFIT FROM INFORMATION. CAN ANYONE BE CERTAIN THEY DIDN'T HAVE COVID? THERE IS AN EFFORT TO DEVIDE THIS NATION WE NEED NOT DO IT HERE.

You don’t know you had COVID. You don’t know the variant. And you’re buying into the BS.

Stop being stupid.

It was the only test I ever passed.
Posted By: hotsoup Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/20/21
Jackmountain. I'm a close personal friend to my gp doc. He and I were crappie fishing maybe 2 weeks after he saw me for covid and that's what he told me. I don't know how he determined which variant I had.

Stop being stupid.

It was the only test I ever passed.

The nuns are happy now!

Stop being stupid.

denier of science.
Posted By: deflave Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/20/21
Say your prayers, take your vitamins, and eat your vegetables.

Stop being stupid.

denier of science.

He is still pissed that his fake covid thread mostly fell flat.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/20/21

What about Wheaties?

Prune juice?
Posted By: Raeford Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/20/21
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

What about Wheaties?

Prune juice?

Just spinach
You know Popeye coulda/woulda kicked the rona's azz!
There are people buying ivermectin from vet clinics if the doctors won't prescribe it. My understanding is that it works on most viral infections. As you know Joe Rogan used it. CNN called it horse dewormer which it is, but it has other uses. India has had success with it. The frontline doctors are using it. More money in the vaccinés though. I do agree eating good taking vitamins, excersise and prayer are essential.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/20/21
Ivermectin was not developed as a horse dewormer.
As I said it has other uses what was it originally used for?
Generally for many types of parasites including human.
Posted By: Nestucca Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/20/21
I hope you keep getting better Jim. A question for the other veterans does anyone constantly have a metallic taste in your mouth as I do. Some days worse than others.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/20/21
Originally Posted by Nestucca
I hope you keep getting better Jim. A question for the other veterans does anyone constantly have a metallic taste in your mouth as I do. Some days worse than others.

I do, but I think it's a cracked amalgam filling !

Else, I got the ronas too.
Posted By: Angus55 Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/20/21
There has been countless discussion on the fire about C-19 for two years, my wife and I had Covid 13 months ago, I’ve had two antibodies test in those 13 months, First was 700 something, second was 453 at 11 months, CDC said all you have to have is 0.07 to fight it if. Lady friend just had her antibodies test last week, she told wife she had zero antibodies now, she had vaccine about 9 months ago. I will not ever take the vac. And I understand old people getting the vax, like my 90 year old parents, the rest of ya are absolutely stupid to get something that does nothing but completely disappear in your system as far as stopping Covid, I don’t believe it helps with how hard it attacks you or how fast you recover either, your all fools.
I don't think anyone is preaching you should get the shot on this post read through it. Sharing information Is always good. Most I believe have natural imunity that have posted. I don't care if someone gets it. Just don't tell me I have to. Generally conservatives can debate liberals resort to name calling. Most of us can breath through our noses and refrain from blanket accusations.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/20/21
This has progressed far enough to where I'll risk a hijack.

There is not much funnier than the guy who says he gets the flu every year when he actually gets it.
Ya hijack it !!!!
Who said he gets the flu every year?
Jim I don't know where alot of these posts are coming from. Guess thats why I'm not à regular contribitor.
Posted By: Strider1 Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/20/21
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Smiling
Posted By: greynut Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/20/21
Three days worth of the worst hangover I’ve ever had
Posted By: Mr_Harry Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/20/21
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry

No, no, no.

You weren’t sick. It wasn’t COVID.

Be quiet.

You are a strange, strange man.
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

Had some scheit acid one time did that. Tasted aluminum foil for a week.

Lol. It’ll do that
Posted By: Nestucca Re: Covid Veteran Question - 10/20/21

Well I can guarantee it wasn’t acid that did it to me.

Well I can guarantee it wasn’t acid that did it to me.

You coulda been dosed. It’s been known to happen.
Did you watch The wizard of oz while listening to Pink Floyd’s dark side of the moon?
© 24hourcampfire