Home

Great, first they release Covid on the world, now they release a Chinese propaganda film. Meanwhile, the Dems are still worried about Russia as our biggest threat.

Chinese Movie About U.S. Military Defeat Set to Break Box Office Records
BY JOHN FENG ON 10/19/21

A Chinese epic about the strategic defeat of the United States during the Korean War is set to become the country's highest-grossing movie of all time despite criticisms surrounding historical inaccuracies.

The Battle at Lake Changjin was released on September 30 and is the latest in a line of patriotic Chinese films—specially approved by the government—that some observers say border on propaganda. Its opening coincided with China's National Day holidays on October 1, and the timing aligns with wider celebrations marking the centennial of the Chinese Communist Party in 2021.

Lake Changjin is the nation's most expensive film to date, with a budget of $200 million. It's also the perfect production for the world's biggest movie market, which responded enthusiastically on its opening day, rewarding box offices with $203 million worth of ticket sales.

Communist Party newspaper the Global Times on Sunday described the film's influence across the country "unprecedented." The movie promises to be "a successful cultural export to make the world begin to listen to the voice of China," it declared in a headline.

In keeping with the times, the movie tells of brave Chinese troops helping their North Korean allies by holding off and forcing away American invaders during the campaign known in the West as the Battle of Chosin Reservoir.

In Chinese military lore, the Korean War between 1950 and 1953 is known as "the War to Resist U.S. Aggression and Aid Korea."

https://www.newsweek.com/chinese-movie-about-us-military-defeat-set-break-box-office-records-1640342

I seem to recall reading how the nazis used movies to push their ideologies.........back in the 30s.....
If released in the U.S, liberals would flock to it in droves.
Well my Dad was one of those American "Aggressors", at Chosin Reservoir.. courtesy of the USMC.

His M1 Garand took more than it's share of Commie troops, who never made it home. Enough to give him nightmares 10 years after the fact.
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

for non liberal military vets, it would probably be billed as a comedy.
Korean War: 170,000 allies killed, nearly 1 million Chinese and NK'ers dead, and a total failure of NK invasion of the south. Only communists would call that victory.

Hell the resident libs here were drooling just reading the OP.
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Korean War: 170,000 allies killed, nearly 1 million Chinese and NK'ers dead, and a total failure of NK invasion of the south. Only communists would call that victory.

That part will end up on the editing floor
My Korean war vet uncle confirmed the stories of the Chinese 'human wave' attacks. Many of the succeeding waves were mostly unarmed, the plan being to pick up weapons of the fallen and the enemy. Now that is motivation, fear of one's own officers? patriotism? drugs?
Pretty soon, our military will have a bunch of homos and trannies that would make the outcome much better for us I’m sure.
Attend this movie or be shot, comrade.
Originally Posted by Chisos

Yep, facial recognition cameras and social credits and all that.
I wonder who are the crackers they got to portray the Americans for them. Likely some people from Hollywood.
Yet when the new red dawn came out China cried and demanded they change everything to North Korea before they could release it.

China will soon started backing gun control in the US. They'll get their bought and paid for Biden crime cartel to ram something through. They know their puppet is ruining the military so they won't have to fear it as much but they still fear our armed citizenry.

I had dinner with a guy that was equivalent of what we consider a state governor in 2004. He said it was china's goal to surpass us economically in 2020 and militarily by 2030. I'm not sure if they really surpassed us economicly but I know Trump set them back a few years before they released their bio weapon on the world.

We have enabled them for far too long. Thirty years ago they only exported fireworks and rubber dog crap. We showed them how to manufacture tech items and they are now using that to make weapons against us. Thank Bill Clinton. The guy I had dinner with said Clinton did almost as much for China as Chairman Mao. I'd say Clinton did far more. Mao did us a favor by keeping his people in bandage and holding them back for 50 plus years. Only communism could hold back the industrious nature of the Chinese.

Bb
Their propaganda appears to be better than ours. As we argue over bathroom bills and males wearing makeup they prepare for war.
IIRC, the "retreat" (someone called it "fighting our way to the rear") at Chosin totally destroyed several Chinese divisions, with very lopsided casualties.. Heck of a "victory." But taking the ground is usually called that, no matter what the cost.

Into the Valley of Death rode the 500.....
Bill and Hillary allowed the Chinese access to our super computer in exchange for a big chunk of cash,also,as part of the deal, gave access to the U.S. Patent office files. God only knows what else they've stolen over the years.I believe in the not so distant future,the Chinese will pull a Pearl Harbor type attack on us ,and, weakened from within as were are by all this left wing nonsense
we will be in a world of hurt.
They probably don't end the film by saying that life as it is for North Koreans today is because of Chinese intervention and life as it is today in South Korea is because of American intervention. Then ask the audience if they'd rather live in North or South Korea.

Bb
Originally Posted by Chisos

Yep.
Originally Posted by superlight17b
Bill and Hillary allowed the Chinese access to our super computer in exchange for a big chunk of cash,also,as part of the deal, gave access to the U.S. Patent office files. God only knows what else they've stolen over the years.I believe in the not so distant future,the Chinese will pull a Pearl Harbor type attack on us ,and, weakened from within as were are by all this left wing nonsense
we will be in a world of hurt.

China has been at war with us for years already. Stolen our technology, unfair trade, currency manipulation, bought off and blackmailed many of our politicians, biological warfare, and sponsoring cultural warfare that pits us against each other. They laugh at the leftist BS we waste time with and then sponsor more of it. The 2 toughest kids on the block sooner or later will settle it. Not only will we not see it coming most haven't recognized its already happening. We educated their best and brightest in our universities. The irony is that these same universities are moving our kids towards the cultural revolution like the one the Chinese had that held them back for so long.

Bb
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
China has been at war with us for years already. Stolen our technology, unfair trade, currency manipulation, bought off and blackmailed many of our politicians, biological warfare, and sponsoring cultural warfare that pits us against each other. They laugh at the leftist BS we waste time with and then sponsor more of it. The 2 toughest kids on the block sooner or later will settle it. Not only will we not see it coming most haven't recognized its already happening. We educated their best and brightest in our universities. The irony is that these same universities are moving our kids towards the cultural revolution like the one the Chinese had that held them back for so long.

President Trump addressed these issues head on.

The Demonrats and some of the Repubs are being paid by the ChiComms.

The universities are educating hundreds of thousands of Chicomms.

ChiComms are involved in military programs being conducted at universities all across this nation.
And training troops in western countries, no doubt gathering intelligence. Spy satellites are all well and good, but boots on the ground is valuable also.
It's like 1930's Germany over there. They are preparing for something big. Most unprepared nations are anti war right up until they're prepared. Then a switch flips for most of them and watch out.

Bb
Hmmm regardless of the facts of the movie how did North Korea “winning” workout for NK? It’s seems like all but a very small handful of NK elites would have been a lot better off had they lost.
It's like 1930's Germany over there. They are preparing for something big. Most unprepared nations are anti war right up until they're prepared. Then a switch flips for most of them and watch out.

Bb

Tocqueville said something to that effect. I’m not so sure that it’s as true as it once was but there’s probably still some truth to it. Either the US or China could wipe the other out but China seems to have all the balls and willingness to push where it makes strategic sense to Chinese national interest whereas our US politicians pick fights in the Middle East that only benefit the war machine, private military industrial complex that buys and pays for our politicians.
Please,

let us not forget who started this all, long before Clinton and Biden:

I knew a Marine that fought at the Frozen Chosin as a young man. He didn't talk about it much other than it was brutal cold and bloody. Dead Chicoms stacked like sandbags around foxholes. Hand to hand fighting. He owned a successful construction company and later in life he worked tirelessly to return the remains of his fellow Marines that were left behind.

RIP Bill
A good book on part of the Chosin retreat is The Last Stand of Fox Company.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Please,

Nixon was rumored to have had a young mistress in China. Probably not a coincidence or that McConnell is married to the daughter of a high ranking CCP leader. Nixon and Kissinger opening trade with China was one of the biggest mistakes that the US has ever made and resulted in the gutting of decent working class US jobs and the rise of China to a world power at our expense.
It happened!

Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Please,

Nixon was rumored to have had a young mistress in China. Probably not a coincidence or that McConnell is married to the daughter of a high ranking CCP leader. Nixon and Kissinger opening trade with China was one of the biggest mistakes that the US has ever made and resulted in the gutting of decent working class US jobs and the rise of China to a world power at our expense.

No, it's all the Demonrats fault.
Please,

LOL

Well 60’s-80’s neocons and RINO’s of today aren’t much better. They’re all big money/big business globalist over the best interest of the USA.
Please,

Before Clinton the only things I saw imported from China was rubber dog crap and fireworks. Nixon may have turned the knob but Clinton kicked the door open. Between Clinton giving China most favored nation trading status and Nafta its pretty amazing that anything is still made in the USA.

I had a professor who was a Harvard PHD in economics say in about 1999 that we wouldn't see the full effects of the kinds of things Clinton was doing on our economy until about 2007 or 2008. He said he estimated it would take about 8 years to scout locations, make agreements, build factories, and train employees in China based on their limited infrastructure at that time. He said about the end of 2008 take a look at the economy and thank Bill Clinton for it. He was a big liberal and Clinton fan.

Bb
Originally Posted by 10Glocks

When did the Commies ever tell the truth? They never admit a defeat even if they lose every man and every inch they fought for. The people will never know different, and the fat cats at the top will sleep like babies and have all the food, booze, and women they want. That IS Communism.
Please,

Before Clinton the only things I saw imported from China was rubber dog crap and fireworks. Nixon may have turned the knob but Clinton kicked the door open. Between Clinton giving China most favored nation trading status and Nafta its pretty amazing that anything is still made in the USA.

I had a professor who was a Harvard PHD in economics say in about 1999 that we wouldn't see the full effects of the kinds of things Clinton was doing on our economy until about 2007 or 2008. He said he estimated it would take about 8 years to scout locations, make agreements, build factories, and train employees in China based on their limited infrastructure at that time. He said about the end of 2008 take a look at the economy and than Bill Clinton for it. He was a big liberal and Clinton fan.

Bb

I disagree. It was Nixon that opened up trade with China and the rest of the world followed our lead. Prior to that China was as black balled from world trade and global relations as North Korea is today. Granted it took a few years for China to get production ramped up but Nixon and Kissinger are to blame. Nixon believed (and was right) that a Democrat couldn’t take the political hit as far as opening relationships with China. That a democrat would be viewed as weak on communism. The only thing really unclear is rather Nixon honestly believed that opening trade with China would bring China into the Wests mode of thinking or if he was just bought and paid for.

China became a global power on the backs of a dirt poor class that serve the party elite as their manufacturing base and dual purpose as a manufacturing supply chain base that empowers the Chinese government to use their own and stolen western technology to their own ends. Not only does it steal our jobs, weaken our middle class and cause domestic strife but it works dual purpose for China to hold everything from our pharmaceuticals to semi conductors over our head and empowers China to leverage US corporations to share trade secrets in exchange for slave labor.

Clinton rightfully deserves blame for NAFTA but NAFTA had more RINO support than it did Democrat support.
Nixon did get the ball rolling but the major technological advances in China started with Clinton reducing restrictions and giving them access to our technologies, trade secrets, patents, nuclear labs and universities. The Chinese nuclear technology alone advanced 30 years just during the last half of the 90's. Good old wen ho Lee putting our highest level nuclear secrets up on unsecured systems may have had something to do with it.

I'll admit I'm a little biased though because I ve never been a fan of the Clinton's but I know from first hand experience that the hard core communist Chinese leaders love Bill Clinton and credit him a lot for their fast rise.

Bb

If they add subtitles I will download and watch just for the heck of it.
© 24hourcampfire