Home
https://www.kristv.com/news/local-n...xMazvAPxHh1DHTZNFSpw51g4IfvxVDRBKlXuLg9E

Lee Jordan is charged with injury to a child

EXCLUSIVE: Family of infant pepper sprayed by Refugio police speaks out
By: Taylor AlanisPosted at 6:18 PM, Oct 21, 2021 and last updated 6:18 PM, Oct 21, 2021
REFUGIO, Texas — For the first time, a family is speaking out after their 3-day-old infant was allegedly pepper sprayed by a Refugio police officer in March.

“He had that cough, ever since that day,” the boys father, Michael Paredes said.

Paredes said on March 12, then Refugio Police Officer Lee Jordan pulled him over.

He said Lee claimed he was speeding and had a warrant out for his arrest and asked him to get out of the car.

“I said I’m going to use my phone to call for my baby to get picked up,” Paredes said.

Paredes claims the officer told him no.

“I kind of gave him attitude and plus I was still using the phone and I turned to look at him,” Paredes said. “He pepper-sprayed me all in my face and he pepper sprayed Chelsea in the back.”

He said Lee peppered sprayed his wife while she scrambled to get out of the car.

“He sprayed so much,” Paredes said. “It was all on the babies side, all on the babies crib. His face.”

Paredes said Lee then grabbed his wife, who had given birth three days before, and slammed her to the ground.

“I saw him jump with his knee into her back,” Paredes said.

Recent Stories from kristv.com

Catching together
“Chelsea was like purple and I was the one that was like yelling at the cop like 'hey why do you have her like this',” Michael’s sister, Victoria Paredes, said.

His wife was taken to the hospital and later diagnosed with a concussion. He said his son was released by paramedics but the family took him to a hospital in Victoria the next day.

"His eyes were puffy red and his eyes were closed for two weeks or more,” Paredes said.

According to an arrest affidavit, Jordan is charged with injury to a child.

Paredes said he not only wants justice for his son Rico but for his wife.

No charges were filed associated with her injuries.

KRIS 6 reached out and left messages for the Refugio District Attorney and the Refugio Police Department over Paredes' comments but have not received a response as of Thursday evening.

In 2020, Jordan was awarded officer of the year by the Refugio city council.

He will go before the court on Tuesday, October 26.
Some lawyer or cop help me out here.

If the driver had a deadly weapon and the cop grabbed it while pepper spraying, with the same outcome, would he be charged?

Or would it be understood to have been necessary, and having had actually
reduced violence?

If so, was this spraying right or wrong?

"I kind of gave him attitude"
Don't know what he did, but I bet that's an understatement.
Nearly 100% of these incidents are result of people disobeying the police.

Coincidence?
No coincidence.
But, how many go on farther than necessary due to a God complex?
People are [bleep], badge or not.

Obammy started a conflict that is self perpetrating.
Turn certain people against police (more than normal for them),
That, gets a response from the police. Somewhere along the line,
police murders ramp up. Police get more on edge. More attitude,
more defensive.

Where does this end.

My opinion it started with a guy breaking into his own home, in the
middle of the night. Cops "caught" him, and detained him untill
his story checked out. A perfect deal, my opinion.

But the press, and Obamma saw an opportunity!
If you do what an officer says to do when he says to do it, you don’t have problems
I want to know what the outstanding warrant was for.

At leastThree adults in the car with an attitude , one Cop. Two of them women but South Texas women can be mean. One of them apparently got out of the car on her own accord.

I haven’t heard of pepper spray having long term effects.

Them wimmens will cut yer throat in a heartbeat
The operative word here is "attitude" and with adults with attitude problems I can see why pepper spray was used. Would they prefer Bullets instead? We continue to have lots of officers killed by people with "Attitude" problems here and with the invasion we have a very real problem on our hands.
Originally Posted by hanco
If you do what an officer says to do when he says to do it, you don’t have problems

Not always. I watched a video of an officer walk over to a man at a feul pump and ask for his driver's license. The man started to pull out his wallet and the officer shot him. The man laying on the ground shot said "why did you shoot me? I was doing what you asked?
That’s why I don’t speed through Refugio.
And all we have here is the POV of the aggrieved man
Why would he need someone to pick up the baby if his wife was with him? Bullshit story. Edk
If you have a Mexican, an Indian and a Muslim all in the same car, who is driving?

A cop!
Social media and cell telephones. Both have caused me a ton of investigative work while I was an SRO. No matter what I did and why I did it, I was the bad guy even when the evidence was truly against the perpetrators. You can't win against social media. Unless the officer had a camera in his car that video'd the real story this is just another internet call out thread with the police being the bad guys. I'm sure the women in the car felt like they could do what ever they wanted since the officer was out numbered 3 to 1.

Never mind it all because in 10 years there will be no patrol officers. If you are lucky you will get a detective to investigate your murder or the murder of a close relative or friend. There will be no one to take your 911 phone calls or investigate your traffic accidents. It will be up to you to do your own. The bad guys are winning. Accept it. Just what the trial lawyers and democrats have always wanted.

kwg
Originally Posted by hanco

Most even if they do as told. They got to run that mouth. Hasbeen
Be good sheepel...

[Linked Image from ramsayresults.com][Linked Image from i.redd.it]

Or they will gas your baby.
How you got a whole baby crib inside a car?
Originally Posted by slumlord
How you got a whole baby crib inside a car?

Dem Venezuelan folk wad a whole home in a backpack.
Hold on..." I’m going to use my phone to call for my baby to get picked up." but the wife was in the back seat. Also, the sister was there and adding her voice to yelling at the cop. Doesn't add up.

Not defending the officer's actions, but there is more to the story than just 'bad cop mace my kid'.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Coincidence?

You live in a country founded on disobedience. The cops are supposed to be able to work around that without assaulting women and children.
Aint gonna lie

After reading this thread earlier....I got on Youtube and que’d up some music from Da Baby
Originally Posted by rainshot
The operative word here is "attitude" and with adults with attitude problems I can see why pepper spray was used. Would they prefer Bullets instead? We continue to have lots of officers killed by people with "Attitude" problems here and with the invasion we have a very real problem on our hands.

I don't know to what degree "attitude" was displayed or what "attitude" even means in this case. I will say that if a cop can't handle a heavy load of lip service, he's in the wrong business.
I would hope the Refugio County Grand Jury, being where it is, is still a Conservative body. The Cop was originally charged with official oppression and injury to a child, so perhaps there were legit grounds for charges.

The official oppression charge has been dismissed by a judge.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I don't know to what degree "attitude" was displayed or what "attitude" even means in this case. I will say that if a cop can't handle a heavy load of lip service, he's in the wrong business.

Another astute observation by someone with no sense of right and wrong. You have posted yourself into a hole you can’t dig out of.

Maybe you should change you name to “Post hole.”
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Coincidence?

You live in a country founded on disobedience. The cops are supposed to be able to work around that without assaulting women and children.

Yet disobedience of a LEO’s commands will usually result in a Dumbass getting sprayed or tased. Or arrested for resisting. You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. Period. It’s really pretty simple.

In all of my interactions with LEO’s over the last 45 years of driving, I’ve never been sprayed, tased, or assaulted.
You treat folks with courtesy and respect and 99 % of them will treat you the same. I’ve never had an issue.
I’ve got my DL, Insurance, and Carry Permit waiting for the Officer, before he approaches my window. And I’m not dialing or talking to someone on my cell phone. Hands on the steering wheel, and no sudden movements or digging around under the seat or in the console. I answer their questions and and follow instructions with a courteous yes sir or no sir.
It’s not exactly rocket science.

And I’m guessing the baby got sprayed as the perp was resisting or making evasive movements.
And like others mentioned, the perps story doesn’t add up.
Even if he had a warrant, there was no need to call anybody to pick up the child, if his wife and sister were in the same vehicle.

And, what was the warrant for ? Assault, Murder, Rape, drugs, felony fleeing, etc??? I’m guessing the LEO had a little more info available to him then you do.

I’d be interested in seeing the LEO’s body cam or Patrol Car video before I rush to judge.

And, I personally got stopped by an LEO on the way to town yesterday. Didn’t notice the Inspection Sticker on one of my old Farm Trucks was expired. The LEO was courteous and told me to get it taken care of. I thanked him and continued on my way to town. End of story.
Originally Posted by HitnRun

Another astute observation by someone with no sense of right and wrong. You have posted yourself into a hole you can’t dig out of.

Maybe you should change you name to “Post hole.”

I have no goddam idea what you are talking about.

Paul in your long career in law enforcement how many felony arrests did you make, write up, testify in court?

I forgot. thanks
Originally Posted by ribka

Paul in your long career in law enforcement how many felony arrests did you make, write up, testify in court?

I forgot. thanks

Stay on topic. What do felony arrests have to do with taking lip service? I took plenty of lip service. I never pepper sprayed anyone for it either. How many times have you pepper sprayed someone for giving you lip service?

I sometimes purposefully leave the masses stewing over what I don't say here, but this time I'll save all of you the tears. If by "attitude" the father meant non-compliance, then all bets are off.
The DA believes it warrants charging the cop. Charging a cop and getting a conviction means overcoming qualified immunity. High bar.

I have no goddam idea what you are talking about.

The quote of the century.
Originally Posted by ERK
Why would he need someone to pick up the baby if his wife was with him? Bullshit story. Edk

Precisely. His wife can’t call somebody?? She can’t drive??
So you have no idea what happened because you were not an on the scene witness but believe the msm which contstantly misrepresents stories every day to get hits??

I guess the terms “evidence “. and “ complete investigation” means nothing to a seasoned law enforcement veteran like you. Lol

Go grab your defund the police BLM banners and start looting stores in your ghetto to get justice for this poor brown skinned disadvantaged baby with a father who engages in the criminal lifestyle.

I forgot. thanks

Stay on topic. What do felony arrests have to do with taking lip service? I took plenty of lip service. I never pepper sprayed anyone for it either. How many times have you pepper sprayed someone for giving you lip service?

I sometimes purposefully leave the masses stewing over what I don't say here, but this time I'll save all of you the tears. If by "attitude" the father meant non-compliance, then all bets are off.

If you have a warrant, you don't dictate when you get out of the car. Maybe in refugio they still stand by "ask, tell, make".

Why would anyone be non-compliant with their kid in the car?

I don't know if the officers actions were reasonable, maybe we'll get to see the videos.
So you have no idea what happened because you were not an on the scene witness but believe the msm which contstantly misrepresents stories every day to get hits??

I guess the terms “evidence “. and “ complete investigation” means nothing to a seasoned law enforcement veteran like you. Lol

Go grab your defund the police BLM banners and start looting stores in your ghetto to get justice for this poor brown skinned disadvantaged baby with a father who engages in the criminal lifestyle.

I forgot. thanks

Go back. Read what I typed. It has nothing to do with what you just typed.
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
If you have a warrant, you don't dictate when you get out of the car. Maybe in refugio they still stand by "ask, tell, make".

Why would anyone be non-compliant with their kid in the car?

I don't know if the officers actions were reasonable, maybe we'll get to see the videos.

Mexicans with kids are important. The govt even pays them to have kids and pays for their hospital bills and gives them free diapers.

There. So screw you. wink
Originally Posted by stxhunter

He said Lee claimed he was speeding and had a warrant out for his arrest and asked him to get out of the car.

“I said I’m going to use my phone to call for my baby to get picked up,” Paredes said.

I'm not a lawyer, so take.my advice for what it's worth.

If you have a warrant and the police catch you...don't tell them you have better things to do.

I forgot. thanks

Go back. Read what I typed. It has nothing to do with what you just typed.

Settle down post hole.
still clueless post hole. you wouldn't last a day as a street cop in an urban environment. Bit different than working on a military post, or ship with a bunch of horny sailors where security is tight and everyone is throughly vetted but keep living your fantasy Dirty Harry

I forgot. thanks

we live in the post fentanyl Floyd world now

Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Some lawyer or cop help me out here.

If the driver had a deadly weapon and the cop grabbed it while pepper spraying, with the same outcome, would he be charged?

Or would it be understood to have been necessary, and having had actually
reduced violence?

If so, was this spraying right or wrong?

"I kind of gave him attitude"
Don't know what he did, but I bet that's an understatement.

Paredes claims the officer told him no.

“I kind of gave him attitude and plus I was still using the phone and I turned to look at him,” Paredes said. “He pepper-sprayed me all in my face and he pepper sprayed Chelsea in the back.”
If dad cared so much why did he not follow lawful orders? If mom was in the car why would he need to call someone for the child?
This all stinks of bullshît.
Plus, pepper spray is airborne. If they had the a/c on, it would drift easily to the backseat. This article makes it sound like he intentionally sprayed the baby! Bullshît!
The dad should be there one charged for endangering a child for not following the lawful orders of a LEO.....
People who resist LEO's are pieces of shît period!
kid had it coming. probably over there squaling. kids need to be seldom seem and rarely heard until old enough to work in the mine.
Until we see the Police video (if there is one) this all means nothing. One word against another. But, it appears the officer was charged with a crime.
kwg
the amount of folks who think the OC was deployed over " lip service" is astounding. those folks seem to gloss completely over the fact he was told to get out of the car and decided he didnt want to/have to and instead felt entitled to "give attitude"
Originally Posted by gitem_12
the amount of folks who think the OC was deployed over " lip service" is astounding. those folks seem to gloss completely over the fact he was told to get out of the car and decided he didnt want to/have to and instead felt entitled to "give attitude"

not with social justice warrior cum lycra bike rider Paul on the case
Originally Posted by gitem_12

not with social justice warrior cum lycra bike rider Paul on the case

come on man.......CG bases are FULL of violent felons
Originally Posted by Stammster
That’s why I don’t speed through Refugio.

This, do not speed diving through Refugio. In fact drive under the speed limit. Same for Driscoll, Tx south of Corpus Christi, Texas.

Attitude is different than resisting or don't you believe in the 1st ammendment? I would never go there but this is what cops have to deal with. Why not call for back up?
Have any of you ever handled about 1200 inmates on the first warm spring weekend in an exercise yard? Only two COs and a SGT? A weight pavillion past the baseball field off to the side and off to the other side of the "yard" a handball court with four sides to it where the fights can be unseen. You know they are going on and respond because inmates on that side of the yard are looky loo-ing and walking that way. All of them have attitude. Every smartass there. And you are the bad guy because you are keeping them in. It never has anything to do with their guilt. And when they come back to prison they are telling their "buddies" they caught a case in KC. Like Covid 19(84). Be Well. RZ.
© 24hourcampfire