Home
Page turning and such sometimes takes so long that it times out and I have to click it again. Usually, after a long one like that, it turns right away, but it's happening a lot. Started yesterday, I think, or perhaps the day before.

It's not my computer. To test that theory, I went to Coltforum and flipped around to various sub-forums and did some page turning, and it was all instant, just like the Fire had been till yesterday or the day before.
Same here about an hour ago. Seems ok now.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Page turning and such sometimes takes so long that it times out and I have to click it again. Usually, after a long one like that, it turns right away, but it's happening a lot. Started yesterday, I think, or perhaps the day before.

It's not my computer. To test that theory, I went to Coltforum and flipped around to various sub-forums and did some page turning, and it was all instant, just like the Fire had been till yesterday or the day before.

You can try ping or traceroute commands. Try both with a known good site and compare the times.

If you're running linux the control C will terminate the ping command and show stats.

You'll also learn the IP address for the 'fire, if a name server is the slowdown use the IP instead of URL
Originally Posted by blindshooter

You can try ping or traceroute commands. Try both with a known good site and compare the times.

If you're running linux the control C will terminate the ping command and show stats.

You'll also learn the IP address for the 'fire, if a name server is the slowdown use the IP instead of URL

I wish I knew what the hell you were talking about. grin

No worries crazy

Search engine will help with terms.

I know just enough to fugg up stuff.......
Drink coffee, not whiskey.
Go hunting
I'll probably drink beer and hunt next week.
Mine's been slow to. I just blame Biden for spying on me.

The Real Hawkeye ,

Download the SD-WAN TURBO CLOUD .com ,, your computer will be a speed demon . smile

I can hardly blink fast enough to miss a page change.

I've been told that some ad blockers slow page changes down by the way they work. They download the whole ad, then check their list to see if it should be blocked before they move on and download the next ad, etc. If that's true, you might want to try a different blocker because the 'Fire is VERY ad heavy.
If it's not your computer it is the wifi. Mine is old and strong.

It’s just RickyB running his satanic black magic.
Seriously, you can scroll to the very bottom and see all the cycle times etc.

ETA:
PHP: 7.3.31 Page Time: 0.074s Queries: 13 (0.003s) Memory: 1.1299 MB (Peak: 1.7027 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2021-10-27 00:00:55 UTC

And, now I see why the fire puts a BD cake a day early. 😁
Originally Posted by ironbender

ETA:
PHP: 7.3.31 Page Time: 0.074s Queries: 13 (0.003s) Memory: 1.1299 MB (Peak: 1.7027 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2021-10-27 00:00:55 UTC

And, now I see why the fire puts a be cake a day early. 😁

Remember when we reported a bunch of those for Mr. Bin when he was doing an upgrade? And then he still took away our little red numbers.
Singing here per usual.
I’ve had to resort to my iPhone, as it’s become intolerable navigating the Fire on my MacBook.
Probably due to the fact there are people on the forum that still likes NFL. That would slow anything down!
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

ETA:

Remember when we reported a bunch of those for Mr. Bin when he was doing an upgrade? And then he still took away our little red numbers.

LOL

I still miss the LRNs!
I’ve had to resort to my iPhone, as it’s become intolerable navigating the Fire on my MacBook.

Don’t be intolerant!
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

ETA:

LOL

I still miss the LRNs!

But seriously (again), I’d be happy for a thread to open to the lady unread post.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
© 24hourcampfire