Home
Posted By: slumlord The horn of plenty - 10/27/21

The true meaning of Halloween?

What does it mean to you?

Unfortunately that is a horn of candy and diabetes for some that fall into the secular trappings of today.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: slumlord Re: The horn of plenty - 10/27/21
Fugga bunch of squash, pumpkins and gourds

Who eats that anyway.

gross!!!
Posted By: SandBilly Re: The horn of plenty - 10/27/21
That corn on the cob is gonna get sac and Callnum all “horned” up…
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: The horn of plenty - 10/27/21
Squarshes are good cut up and sautéed with garlic and bacon.
Fried!
Posted By: 5sdad Re: The horn of plenty - 10/27/21
They've taken the corn out of cornucopia! frown
Posted By: Blackheart Re: The horn of plenty - 10/27/21
Fried squash and pumpkin pie are good.
I like to sous vide my squarshes in a cort bullion for 98 hours at 88 degrees centigrade.

I use a palladium cathode and a platinum anode suspended in the premium, goat skin cooking bag in order to impart the correct mineral undertones.

After the short 98 hour cooking time, I sear the squarshes in a electric refractory oven lined with Himalayan salt crystals.

After that I smoke the squarshes in my Members Only Professional Series pellet grill using only Mahogany and Ironwood pellets.
Posted By: Morewood Re: The horn of plenty - 10/27/21
"The horn of the goat that suckled Zeus, which broke off and became filled with fruit. In folklore, it became full of whatever its owner desired."
Posted By: jeeper Re: The horn of plenty - 10/27/21
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Fried!

Grilled ain't bad
Originally Posted by jeeper
Fried!

Grilled ain't bad

Nope. Little olive oil and seasoning. Parmesan cheese on top.
Posted By: slumlord Re: The horn of plenty - 10/27/21
Nana brings fried squash over here from across the holler.

I don’t want to hurt her feelings but nobody wants it. It goes straight into the trash can as she’s driving back.

Reminds me of fried snot

The dogs won’t even eat it.
Posted By: TheKid Re: The horn of plenty - 10/27/21
Originally Posted by Morewood
"The horn of the goat that suckled Zeus, which broke off and became filled with fruit. In folklore, it became full of whatever its owner desired."

Uhh wasn’t Zeus a guy? What was that goat suckling? Was Zeus a Muslim?
Originally Posted by TheKid
Originally Posted by Morewood

Uhh wasn’t Zeus a guy? What was that goat suckling? Was Zeus a Muslim?

Doesn't the milk come from a different part of the goat?
Posted By: stxhunter Re: The horn of plenty - 10/27/21
so you're not horned up, just call jim.
Posted By: smokepole Re: The horn of plenty - 10/27/21
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Anything is good sautéed with garlic and bacon. Yellow squash is particularly good in a casserole with cheese bacon and mushrooms.

Plus it has the MDA of graphene oxide in every serving. That'll put lead in your pencil.
Posted By: OGB Re: The horn of plenty - 10/27/21
I like to sous vide my squarshes in a cort bullion for 98 hours at 88 degrees centigrade.

I use a palladium cathode and a platinum anode suspended in the premium, goat skin cooking bag in order to impart the correct mineral undertones.

After the short 98 hour cooking time, I sear the squarshes in a electric refractory oven lined with Himalayan salt crystals.

After that I smoke the squarshes in my Members Only Professional Series pellet grill using only Mahogany and Ironwood pellets.

Everyone knows you use purple heart not ironwood with mahogany.

C'mon man!
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: The horn of plenty - 10/27/21
Gotta be PC now days…

Cent tell the story about Chris Columbus landing at the Plymouth Rock and the Indians saving the pilgrims from the hard winter….

So I’ll watch nen-eff-ell football and clip Black Friday coupons…
Posted By: tzone Re: The horn of plenty - 10/27/21
I thought you got a hold of my cock pics again.
Posted By: mathman Re: The horn of plenty - 10/27/21

I know better than that Jim. You think anything beyond salt and pepper is pretentious gourmet foo foo stuff.
Originally Posted by mathman

I know better than that Jim. You think anything beyond salt and pepper is pretentious gourmet foo foo stuff.

Actually not. I think its a low rent crutch used by people who buy low quality proteins and need help making up for mistakes in preparation.
Posted By: smokepole Re: The horn of plenty - 10/27/21

Nah, I heard he actually cooks like that. Whilst sipping on a desert coffee.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: The horn of plenty - 10/27/21

Actually not. I think its a low rent crutch used by people who buy low quality proteins and need help making up for mistakes in preparation.

CHILI!
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: The horn of plenty - 10/27/21
Fried!

Only way to eat a squash!
Posted By: rem141r Re: The horn of plenty - 10/27/21
i like butternut cut in half and baked with some butter and brown sugar on it. wilford brimley recommended it.

that yaller squash has the consistency of snot.
Posted By: Houston_2 Re: The horn of plenty - 10/27/21
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Fried!

Only way to eat a squash!

Pickled along with other vegetables and jalapeños ain’t bad.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: The horn of plenty - 10/27/21
Sweet corn makes better corn bread than field corn.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: The horn of plenty - 10/27/21
Originally Posted by rem141r
i like butternut cut in half and baked with some butter and brown sugar on it. wilford brimley recommended it.

that yaller squash has the consistency of snot.

I planted a couple of hills of butternut squash one year. I bet I ended up with a dump truck load of them!
Posted By: hookeye Re: The horn of plenty - 10/28/21
Kids wont eat squash.
Acorn, spaghetti or butternut.....me like.
Posted By: keith_dunlap Re: The horn of plenty - 10/28/21

Seems like a lot of work !
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: The horn of plenty - 10/28/21
When I see adults that are way into Halloween, I know they are democrats.
Posted By: slumlord Re: The horn of plenty - 10/28/21
Had a pack of accounting bitches down the hall, 30-60 year old womerns that would dress up for Halloween at work.

The 30s milf dressed like minnie mouse was sexy as hell

The old bag doctored up like Cleopatra....umm NO
Posted By: 1minute Re: The horn of plenty - 10/28/21

Give me enough bacon, and I can eat rutabaga
Posted By: Valsdad Re: The horn of plenty - 10/28/21
Originally Posted by slumlord

I don’t want to hurt her feelings but nobody wants it. It goes straight into the trash can as she’s driving back.

Reminds me of fried snot

Deers will, an if'n you tosses some leeves and scheidt over there with it, y'all can call it a composet pile and y'all kent be akused of baitin' them deers. Normall agrokultyer practises.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: The horn of plenty - 10/28/21
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by slumlord

Reminds me of fried snot

Deers will, an if'n you tosses some leeves and scheidt over there with it, y'all can call it a composet pile and y'all kent be akused of baitin' them deers. Normall agrokultyer practises.

He would fugg it up by throwing some Lady's Speedstick on the pile.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: The horn of plenty - 10/28/21
Any dude what throws deodorant on the compost pile deserves to eat squash all the time. With no butter and cinnamon.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: The horn of plenty - 10/28/21
It’s Nancy Pelosi’s witch hat with her brains falling out. 🤬
Posted By: poboy Re: The horn of plenty - 10/28/21
The Horn of Beer for me.
© 24hourcampfire