Home
When he was not actually born then.Why are their Nativity scenes of Christ been born in a Stable when that did not happen?Was Mary artificially inseminated?
Oh boy! šŸ˜†
I will wait for clarification from Paul.
Originally Posted by ironbender
Oh boy! šŸ˜†

You can say that again.

šŸ™„

šŸ¦«
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Oh boy! šŸ˜†

You can say that again.

šŸ™„

šŸ¦«

Oh boy!
Originally Posted by Huntz
Should Christians celbrate Christs Birth? on December 25TH

Yes, they must. Walmart and 1.5 billion Chinese folks depend on it.
I don't see any harm.
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Santa has been letting it slide for all these years
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Oh boy! šŸ˜†

You can say that again.

šŸ™„

šŸ¦«

Oh boy!

It's all good. It's the way its supposed to be. To the Christian, even digs at Christ are a good thing. Those digs will either be sad memories and a testimony to others about "how I once was" for a person who is led to believe. Or they will just be another piece of the endless evidence against a non-believer on that day.

Christ is never out of the mind of the believer or the non-believer. He is in one's life whether one likes it or not. People that find trivial reasons to dig at Christian truth just create for themselves another opportunity to hear it.

"It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. The latter do so out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice." Philippians 1:15-18
I celebrate Christmas while dancing around a raging fire and burning animal flesh. Might have a wee bit of Scotch too. Oh wait, that's what we call Saturday.

But I do have a question, Since Christmas is supposed to be the celebration of Christ's birthday, how did Santa get the higher billing? That's like having a birthday and then the family invites over the Amazon driver for cake and ice cream.
January 6 was the date set by The Church.
There are seven Feast or celebration days mentioned in the OT, each with a specific date to be observed.

IF 'Christmas' were meant to be celebrated corporally it probably would have been mentioned somewhere.
[Linked Image from i1.wp.com]
Everyday is Christmas.
Jewish people get like 8 days per their Hannukah stuff.

This sucks we only get 1 day for christmas!!!

What gives????
Wasn't JC a jewish cat???

#totallyrippedoffthoseextra7daysofgifts.......
Insulated and sheltered from the heathen world...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Always interesting to see how many are bothered/irritated over what other people do. Some people must live a very boring life.
Celebrate it sometime!
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Always interesting to see how many are bothered/irritated over what other people do. Some people must live a very boring life.

Christians and Muslims have been bothered/irritated over what others do for centuries.
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com] laugh
When he was not actually born then.Why are their Nativity scenes of Christ been born in a Stable when that did not happen?
You don't know that.
Why be so nit picky?

He died for our sins, what part of That is hard to understand?
You've got to understand that Christmas as we know it did not appear until the 19th Century. At various times and for various reasons, the practice was either not a big deal, somewhat discouraged, or actually outlawed. The Roundheads outlawed Christmas celebrations in the mid-16th Century. It interfered with their mandatory monthly day of solemn prayer and repentance that they were trying to promulgate. A lot of the early Colonials either did not pay attention to it or tried to proscribe it.

You have to thank the Germans, and specifically Prince Albert for reintroducing Christmas into the English-speaking world. He brought his Christmas traditions to the court of Victoria with things like the Christmas Tree coming into fashion, and that percolated to America.

What's more, it wasn't the whole of Germany that was into Christmas. Germany itself did not exist as a political entity and each state had its own way of doing things. As an example, you can look back to the Hessians and the Battle of Trenton. It is untrue that the Hessians were all drunk and hungover on Christmas Morning. Washington just assumed this. His only reference was Catholic Germans who did celebrate the holiday. The English similarly used it as an excuse for partying. The truth is the Hessians were all Protestants and did not celebrate the holiday. Instead, their lack of top fitness on the day of the battle was a month of constant harassment from guerrilla activity. They had been sleeping in their full kit for weeks. Their combat readiness was so attenuated that when the storm hit on Christmas Eve, Rall, the Commander had everyone stand down and rest and did not send out any patrols. Washington made the right guess, but it was for the wrong reasons.
Have to celebrate it when the worky job gives you time off to do it.

This ainā€™t Europe, we dont get 2 months off for every holiday
I'm more worried about what the wind direction will be on opening day than this......
Originally Posted by renegade50
Jewish people get like 8 days per their Hannukah stuff.

This sucks we only get 1 day for christmas!!!

What gives????
Wasn't JC a jewish cat???

#totallyrippedoffthoseextra7daysofgifts.......

Don't be so quick to assume they're getting a good deal. First off, the presents the kids get up until the last night are usually pretty stingy. I had a Jewish friend that got gum on the first night. Your big present comes on the 8th night, but it's just one present. You and your siblings get to play with a Dredel (top) and sing Hanukah songs. When I would go visit my Jewish friend, I always came away feeling like he and his sisters were getting cheated.

What's happened in a lot of Jewish families in my son's generation is that they have both. There's the menorah and the lighting of candles going on upstairs with the grandparents, but they decorate the rec room in the basement with a Christmas tree and do the whole XMAS schmeer and hide it from everyone. It's a guilty pleasure like eating ham.
Originally Posted by akasparky
Should Christians celbrate Christs Birth? on December 25TH

Yes, they must. Walmart and 1.5 billion Chinese folks depend on it.

Once you acknowledge that the Wise Men were from the far East (China) then it all falls into place.
When he was not actually born then.Why are their Nativity scenes of Christ been born in a Stable when that did not happen?Was Mary artificially inseminated?

Where was he born then?
I celebrate it every day. Iā€™m thankful and grateful for His birth every single day. When He was born is irrelevant, that He ā€˜wasā€™ born is what truly matters to me.
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Indeed.
Originally Posted by goalie
I'm more worried about what the wind direction will be on opening day than this......

Damn right!!

Iā€™ll do kidā€™s birthdays and christmas when weather permits. Just leave me a plate with foil over it for T-gibbins. Thatā€™s usually hot rifle-rut week.
All my kids birthdays fall on dove opener or bow opener. šŸ˜ƒ

Originally Posted by Tyrone
When he was not actually born then.Why are their Nativity scenes of Christ been born in a Stable when that did not happen?
You don't know that.

I have it on good sources that there was one room open at The Holiday Inn.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Why be so nit picky?

He died for our sins, what part of That is hard to understand?

Totally agree.That is way too simple for Ass Hat and Slappy Crapper to understand.
Originally Posted by Lucas1

Where was he born then?

January 6TH.
FWIW:

Letā€™s look at what the Bible says in Luke 2:8-9. ā€œNow there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. And behold, an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid.ā€

According to Bible commentator Adam Clarke, it was customary for the Jews to send their sheep to pasture from the spring until early October. As the cold winter months began, the flocks would return from the fields for shelter and warmth. Since the shepherds were still tending their flocks in the fields around Bethlehem it can be concluded that the angels announced the news of Jesusā€™ birth no later than October.

https://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/when-was-jesus-born
Mike, my take on the angles appearing to the shepherds is, they were shunned by the powers that be because they did not attend the temple.
There are good reasons to believe Jesus was born on/pretty close to December 25th.

Next someone will ask how you get three days and three nights out of Friday afternoon to Sunday morning.

Where was he born then?

January 6TH.

Where not when.

Where was he born then?

January 6TH.

Where not when.

Holiday Inn
"One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind." (Romans 14:5)
Fully persuaded from the scriptures. I haven't done Xmass since 1982, If you do, and you are persuaded it is right, fill yer boots. The Bible would indicate that Christ was born during the Feast of Tabernacles -- in the 7th Jewish month -- Sept to Oct. Even then, I don't observe the day. If you do, I couldn't care less.

Ho, Ho, Ho! smile
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Next someone will ask how you get three days and three nights out of Friday afternoon to Sunday morning.

UHM!!! You can't, you can get 2 sunsets, and 1 sunrise..................
Don't really care much myself, but I sure don't like Ebenezer Fauci being the guy in charge of whether we are "allowed" to celebrate it or not.

You guys that think this is a joke, watch out.

Next thing you know he'll take Festivus away too.

Incrementalism boys, incrementalism.
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by 10Glocks

UHM!!! You can't, you can get 2 sunsets, and 1 sunrise..................

That's correct. That means either the Bible is playing fast and loose with what a day is, or someone along the way screwed up the correct interpretation of the timeline.
Keep it simple good folks.

Some people are going to miss heaven by twelve inches. The distance between their head and their heart.
"Christmas" co-opted a heathen holiday. Again. Midwinter festival, IIRC.

Can't beat 'em, join-'em. Then slide 'em around to your side by subterfuge.

Democrats even then!

Some people are going to miss heaven by twelve inches. The distance between their head and their heart.

Is God, if one exists, so intolerant of a lack of conviction? A murderer who believes in Jesus is saved, yet a humanitarian is condemned over a lack of conviction?
Yes, the humanitarian is also a liar, cheat, thief, murderer, adulterer, and worst of all someone who does not know, trust, love and obey the Lord God. All sin is sin and can only be atoned through the slaughter and blood of an innocent sacrificial lamb, Jesus Christ. There is no path to the Father other than through his son.

You can be a murderer and gain eternal life or you can be a self righteous do-gooder and suffer eternal death. It's ok with me either way. Make your own choice.
now i want a gyro

WTF is wrong with you? [bleep] stirrer? You say you are from NE Wisconsin are you sure it is not Madison,WI. You are a POS
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Yes, the humanitarian is also a liar, cheat, thief, murderer, adulterer, and worst of all someone who does not know, trust, love and obey the Lord God. All sin is sin and can only be atoned through the slaughter and blood of an innocent sacrificial lamb, Jesus Christ. There is no path to the Father other than through his son.

You can be a murderer and gain eternal life or you can be a self righteous do-gooder and suffer eternal death. It's ok with me either way. Make your own choice.

Humanitarianism does not entail any of the things you mention. You are imposing your own terms and conditions.
Originally Posted by DBT

Is God, if one exists, so intolerant of a lack of conviction? A murderer who believes in Jesus is saved, yet a humanitarian is condemned over a lack of conviction?

Weird, huh?
Originally Posted by DBT

Weird, huh?

Not if you understand, "It'.
I donā€™t, canā€™t, understand a god so intolerant as DBT described.
Don't get your faith from here Mike, find It where you can.
Good people don't go to heaven and bad people don't go to hell. Forgiven people go to heaven and unforgiven people go to hell. Thatā€™s the theology. Hard to understandā€¦? Maybeā€¦but itā€™s really pretty simple. We have a choice; we can choose to be eternally separated from God, or we can choose to be eternally with Him.

Upon what do you base this assertion? I have a friend with a master's in religious education. He told me the same thing you posted first. I asked, "Since you can read Hebrew and Greek and know how to use the ancient calendars do some research for yourself and tell me when Jesus was born." About three months later he called. He said, "I am convinced Jesus was born on or about December 25th."

I think I will go with his conclusion rather than what you quoted from some source I don't respect.
Originally Posted by antlers
Good people don't go to heaven and bad people don't go to hell. Forgiven people go to heaven and unforgiven people go to hell. Thatā€™s the theology. Hard to understandā€¦? Maybeā€¦but itā€™s really pretty simple. We have a choice; we can choose to be eternally separated from God, or we can choose to be eternally with Him.

See, that's what a LOT of people have a big issue with.

Because, when you really think about it, not everyone wants to go to the heaven of a god who damns billions of people to eternal suffering because they didn't believe his religion, out of the thousands of religions on earth, was the right one.
If you don't like December 25, what date do you like, and why?
Originally Posted by DBT

Weird, huh?

Not if you understand, "It'.

Can you explain ā€œItā€ ? You really think a murderer or rapist who embraces god in his final moments is somehow better than someone who lived a good and honest life but didnā€™t buy into your beliefs? Fuggin bible thumpers are dumber than liberals IMO.
People who get wrapped up in these types of threads are insecure in their faith.
As for the three days, in those times people lacked the concept of zero.

If something happened on Friday, Friday was the first day, Saturday the 2nd, and Sunday the 3rd.

The way we count, starting with zero, is that a day later is Saturday, Sunday is he second day, and Monday would be the third.
Read up on John Newton.
My birthday is the 25th of December. I'd kinda be happy if the heavenly powers that be would pick another day to do it. It was tough to get plowed when I was younger. Nothing open. Couldn't have a proper birthday party. Gipped big time on presents. "this is your birthday and christmas present". Christ, now I sound like Eeyore.
See, that's what a LOT of people have a big issue with. Because, when you really think about it, not everyone wants to go to the heaven of a god who damns billions of people to eternal suffering because they didn't believe his religion, out of the thousands of religions on earth, was the right one.
I can appreciate that goalie. But simply accepting His forgiveness, and believing a ā€˜religionā€™ isnā€™t the right one, are really two different things. Anyway, choice and free will ā€˜areā€™ important. And choice and free will ā€˜haveā€™ consequences. If anyone doesnā€™t wanna go, for whatever reason/s, they can certainly exercise their free will and choose not to go.

I will say that I think thereā€™s a whole lot more to it all than ā€˜justā€™ where we choose to spend eternity. To me, it has as much or more to do with this life as it does the next. I believe it will make one better at life, and it will make oneā€™s life better...*here*...in *this* life.
Antlers is much better than I at explaining.
Dec 25th is usually the date that the pagans have affixed to the Winter Solstice. Do your research and open your eyes
I donā€™t, canā€™t, understand a god so intolerant as DBT described.

That's why this country is in the mess it's in. There's not enough intolerant people left.
See, that's what a LOT of people have a big issue with. Because, when you really think about it, not everyone wants to go to the heaven of a god who damns billions of people to eternal suffering because they didn't believe his religion, out of the thousands of religions on earth, was the right one.
I can appreciate that goalie. But simply accepting His forgiveness, and believing a ā€˜religionā€™ isnā€™t the right one, are really two different things. Anyway, choice and free will ā€˜areā€™ important. And choice and free will ā€˜haveā€™ consequences. If anyone doesnā€™t wanna go, for whatever reason/s, they can certainly exercise their free will and choose not to go.

I will say that I think thereā€™s a whole lot more to it all than ā€˜justā€™ where we choose to spend eternity. To me, it has as much or more to do with this life as it does the next. I believe it will make one better at life, and it will make oneā€™s life better...*here*...in *this* life.

Can one not believe a particular religion, yet still believe in His ( their ?) forgiveness and go to the good place?
No one has the answers, no one.
Can one not believe a particular religion, yet still believe in His ( their ?) forgiveness and go to the good place?
Reasonable question Valsdad. Jesus said that God offers redemption to those who will receive Him. Period. He said that He was the way and the truth and the life, and that no one comes to God except through Him. Period. And He said that thereā€™s no other name under heaven given to men by which they must be saved. Period. John 3:16 is the Gospel in a nutshell. Period. He didnā€™t say that salvation required one to practice a particular system of faith and worship. He didnā€™t say that salvation was contingent upon anything else. I understand that otherā€™s have opinions or beliefs that differ from the above.
Reasonable question Valsdad. Jesus said that God offers redemption to those who will receive Him. Period. He said that He was the way and the truth and the life, and that no one comes to God except through Him. Period. And He said that thereā€™s no other name under heaven given to men by which they must be saved. Period. John 3:16 is the Gospel in a nutshell. Period. He didnā€™t say that salvation required one to practice a particular system of faith and worship. He didnā€™t say that salvation was contingent upon anything else. I understand that otherā€™s have opinions or beliefs that differ from the above.

You got on reason number two: the picking and choosing of what parts of the Bible "count." Heck, what books were included wasn't even a civil discussion, let alone unanimous......
You got on reason number two: the picking and choosing of what parts of the Bible "count." Heck, what books were included wasn't even a civil discussion, let alone unanimous...
Yep. Reasonable point goalie. Believing in the literal interpretation of the Genesis account of Creation, or Noah and the Ark, or Jonah and the Great Fish (for examples) are not essential to salvation, butā€¦..believing in the Resurrection is. So, those parts of the Bible mentioned in my previous post that you responded to, they really do ā€œcountā€ to me. And again, I realize that the opinions or beliefs of otherā€™s differ from the above.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
People who get wrapped up in these types of threads are insecure in their faith.

More likely insecure in your faith.
Ok...

You all need to stop jug fugging around.
Leave christmas on 25 dec like it has been for us heathens.

Go play out in the interstate or what the fugg ever if ya dont like it on that day.
Make it a statement event or some schit...

Make a little sign and go walk around your neighborhood with it.
Bring a Bullhorn to be heard too....
Make a impact......

Rest of us are getting giftcards and schit and will make our annual pilgrimage to BPS to buy something on the 26th.

Like a set of adjustable tru glo pro series fiber optic sights for a 935 turkey gun....

Some of you could fugg up anything with your my way or the highway my belief is the only belief that is correct bullschitt....

Couple of good hard punches smack square in the forehead to knock some fugging sense into some of you fuggs would be the medicine you need...

Bin needs to bring back the religous forum for some of you guys.
Squabble amongst your selves.

But he wont do that......
Lost too much hit and veiw revenue from controversy on religious threads on the gen forum when he did that.

Bin is pretty shrewd when doing analysis of what brings in the benjamins based on what veiwers see and dont see on the forums.
Jesus' trial before Pilate was on a Thursday, this known because there was a Jewish holiday that week. That made there Preparation Day for that Sabbath a Tuesday, with Wednesday being a Sabbath. Jesus was tried before religious leaders during wee hours of darkness Thursday morning (illegal, according to their Law), and Pilate in the later morning. Then He was sentenced to death on the cross. Thurs, Fri, Sat nites in the borrowed tomb. Jesus the Christ arose from the dead sometime after 6p Sat nite (their Sunday).

I hope this clears up a few concerns.
Antlers is much better than I at explaining.

Amen to that!!!
Originally Posted by SCOOTERBUM
Jesus' trial before Pilate was on a Thursday, this known because there was a Jewish holiday that week. That made there Preparation Day for that Sabbath a Tuesday, with Wednesday being a Sabbath. Jesus was tried before religious leaders during wee hours of darkness Thursday morning (illegal, according to their Law), and Pilate in the later morning. Then He was sentenced to death on the cross. Thurs, Fri, Sat nites in the borrowed tomb. Jesus the Christ arose from the dead sometime after 6p Sat nite (their Sunday).

I hope this clears up a few concerns.
That's very interesting. Another theory I've seen is that Christ was following the Essene calendar for Passover.
Originally Posted by Ruger4Life
Dec 25th is usually the date that the pagans have affixed to the Winter Solstice. Do your research and open your eyes

No its not!!!! The 21st is and always has been Winter Solstice. Tis also my birthday.

Ironbender has it correct. Shepard's back then must have been smarter than most folks on here. In fact, I know they were. What month was he born in? Here's your hint i.e. sign. He was born of a Virgin.

So what Temple am I to attend? I thought I was the Temple, I thought God resides in me. I thought the Kingdom of Heaven was in me. Oh wait, your Jesus was a liar. Got it!
Three monumental events that impact the origin of Christianity had their origin in very strange circumstances and places.
The Bible is the source of this information, so what is about to be revealed to you is Biblically correct.

THE THREE MONUMENTAL EVENTS

1. The rebuilding of the temple in Jerusalem
2. The publishing of the Law of God in Israel
3. The announcement of Jesus as King

Let's look at number one.
The rebuilding of the temple in Jerusalem.

In Ezra Chapter 1, Verse 2.
Cyrus, King of Persia (Iran), says:
" The Lord God of Heaven has given me
all the kingdoms of the earth
and has charged me
to build him a house in Jerusalem which is Judah".

In Isaiah 45:1 it says that God holds Cyrus right hand.
Now who is this Cyrus.
He was the King of Persia which today is Iran.
His god was Ahura Mazda and his prophet was Zoroaster.
This means that the rebuilding of the temple
in Jerusalem was through a strange God, Ahura Mazda and a prophet, Zoroaster from what is present day Iran.

NUMBER 2
The Bringing of the Law Of God To Israel
In 2nd Kings Chapter 22,King Josiah asks his assistant Shappan to do an audit in the temple concerning offerings.
The High Priest Hilkia in doing the audit finds a document which is " the book of the law". He goes into shock because no one had any idea that such a document existed. They take it to King Josiah who goes crazy because he says that no one was ever doing anything that the law stated. This means that for over 800 years none of the children of Israel had any idea there was such a law.
King Josiah takes the document to a fortune teller by the name of Huldah. She says that everyone is going to be in big trouble
because this is the authentic law.
Now enters Ezra.
He lives in Babylon (Iraq) and Persia (Iran). He is a grandson of the fellow who found the law in the back of the temple, Hilkiah.

In Persia and under the watchful eye of the Persian government
King Artaxerxes, Ezra rewrites the law, and the King of Persia (Iran) King Artaxerxes orders Ezra to take the law to Israel and orders everyone to obey it.
King Artaxerxes also followed Ahura Mazda and the prophet Zoroaster, and it is said that with that authority the law is taken from Persia to Jerusalem and becomes law.
NOW HERE IS THE CLINCHER
The Magi come to visit Jesus in the Christmas story.
Guess where they're from? Persia/Iran.
Guess who is the chief of the tribe of Magi, Zoroaster.
He tells them they will find the boy Kings sign in the constellation Virgo.

The law, the temple. the announcement of Jesus. It all came from what is present day Iraq and Iran through the god Ahura Mazda and the prophet Zoroaster.
© 24hourcampfire