Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Good people don't go to heaven and bad people don't go to hell. Forgiven people go to heaven and unforgiven people go to hell. That’s the theology. Hard to understand…? Maybe…but it’s really pretty simple. We have a choice; we can choose to be eternally separated from God, or we can choose to be eternally with Him.

See, that's what a LOT of people have a big issue with.

Because, when you really think about it, not everyone wants to go to the heaven of a god who damns billions of people to eternal suffering because they didn't believe his religion, out of the thousands of religions on earth, was the right one.

GB1

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
If you don't like December 25, what date do you like, and why?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Lucas1
Keep it simple good folks.

Some people are going to miss heaven by twelve inches. The distance between their head and their heart.

Is God, if one exists, so intolerant of a lack of conviction? A murderer who believes in Jesus is saved, yet a humanitarian is condemned over a lack of conviction?

Weird, huh?

Not if you understand, "It'.

Can you explain “It” ? You really think a murderer or rapist who embraces god in his final moments is somehow better than someone who lived a good and honest life but didn’t buy into your beliefs? Fuggin bible thumpers are dumber than liberals IMO.

Last edited by DeadHead; 10/28/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
People who get wrapped up in these types of threads are insecure in their faith.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
As for the three days, in those times people lacked the concept of zero.

If something happened on Friday, Friday was the first day, Saturday the 2nd, and Sunday the 3rd.

The way we count, starting with zero, is that a day later is Saturday, Sunday is he second day, and Monday would be the third.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Read up on John Newton.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My birthday is the 25th of December. I'd kinda be happy if the heavenly powers that be would pick another day to do it. It was tough to get plowed when I was younger. Nothing open. Couldn't have a proper birthday party. Gipped big time on presents. "this is your birthday and christmas present". Christ, now I sound like Eeyore.

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by goalie
Good people don't go to heaven and bad people don't go to hell. Forgiven people go to heaven and unforgiven people go to hell. That’s the theology. Hard to understand…? Maybe…but it’s really pretty simple. We have a choice; we can choose to be eternally separated from God, or we can choose to be eternally with Him.
See, that's what a LOT of people have a big issue with. Because, when you really think about it, not everyone wants to go to the heaven of a god who damns billions of people to eternal suffering because they didn't believe his religion, out of the thousands of religions on earth, was the right one.
I can appreciate that goalie. But simply accepting His forgiveness, and believing a ‘religion’ isn’t the right one, are really two different things. Anyway, choice and free will ‘are’ important. And choice and free will ‘have’ consequences. If anyone doesn’t wanna go, for whatever reason/s, they can certainly exercise their free will and choose not to go.

I will say that I think there’s a whole lot more to it all than ‘just’ where we choose to spend eternity. To me, it has as much or more to do with this life as it does the next. I believe it will make one better at life, and it will make one’s life better...*here*...in *this* life.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Antlers is much better than I at explaining.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Dec 25th is usually the date that the pagans have affixed to the Winter Solstice. Do your research and open your eyes

Smith and Wessons are Thoroughbreds; Rugers are Clydesdales —John Taffin
IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by ironbender
I don’t, can’t, understand a god so intolerant as DBT described.

That's why this country is in the mess it's in. There's not enough intolerant people left.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
See, that's what a LOT of people have a big issue with. Because, when you really think about it, not everyone wants to go to the heaven of a god who damns billions of people to eternal suffering because they didn't believe his religion, out of the thousands of religions on earth, was the right one.
I can appreciate that goalie. But simply accepting His forgiveness, and believing a ‘religion’ isn’t the right one, are really two different things. Anyway, choice and free will ‘are’ important. And choice and free will ‘have’ consequences. If anyone doesn’t wanna go, for whatever reason/s, they can certainly exercise their free will and choose not to go.

I will say that I think there’s a whole lot more to it all than ‘just’ where we choose to spend eternity. To me, it has as much or more to do with this life as it does the next. I believe it will make one better at life, and it will make one’s life better...*here*...in *this* life.

Can one not believe a particular religion, yet still believe in His ( their ?) forgiveness and go to the good place?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
No one has the answers, no one.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Can one not believe a particular religion, yet still believe in His ( their ?) forgiveness and go to the good place?
Reasonable question Valsdad. Jesus said that God offers redemption to those who will receive Him. Period. He said that He was the way and the truth and the life, and that no one comes to God except through Him. Period. And He said that there’s no other name under heaven given to men by which they must be saved. Period. John 3:16 is the Gospel in a nutshell. Period. He didn’t say that salvation required one to practice a particular system of faith and worship. He didn’t say that salvation was contingent upon anything else. I understand that other’s have opinions or beliefs that differ from the above.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Reasonable question Valsdad. Jesus said that God offers redemption to those who will receive Him. Period. He said that He was the way and the truth and the life, and that no one comes to God except through Him. Period. And He said that there’s no other name under heaven given to men by which they must be saved. Period. John 3:16 is the Gospel in a nutshell. Period. He didn’t say that salvation required one to practice a particular system of faith and worship. He didn’t say that salvation was contingent upon anything else. I understand that other’s have opinions or beliefs that differ from the above.

You got on reason number two: the picking and choosing of what parts of the Bible "count." Heck, what books were included wasn't even a civil discussion, let alone unanimous......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You got on reason number two: the picking and choosing of what parts of the Bible "count." Heck, what books were included wasn't even a civil discussion, let alone unanimous...
Yep. Reasonable point goalie. Believing in the literal interpretation of the Genesis account of Creation, or Noah and the Ark, or Jonah and the Great Fish (for examples) are not essential to salvation, but…..believing in the Resurrection is. So, those parts of the Bible mentioned in my previous post that you responded to, they really do “count” to me. And again, I realize that the opinions or beliefs of other’s differ from the above.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by stxhunter
People who get wrapped up in these types of threads are insecure in their faith.

More likely insecure in your faith.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Ok...

You all need to stop jug fugging around.
Leave christmas on 25 dec like it has been for us heathens.

Go play out in the interstate or what the fugg ever if ya dont like it on that day.
Make it a statement event or some schit...

Make a little sign and go walk around your neighborhood with it.
Bring a Bullhorn to be heard too....
Make a impact......

Rest of us are getting giftcards and schit and will make our annual pilgrimage to BPS to buy something on the 26th.

Like a set of adjustable tru glo pro series fiber optic sights for a 935 turkey gun....

Some of you could fugg up anything with your my way or the highway my belief is the only belief that is correct bullschitt....

Couple of good hard punches smack square in the forehead to knock some fugging sense into some of you fuggs would be the medicine you need...

Bin needs to bring back the religous forum for some of you guys.
Squabble amongst your selves.

But he wont do that......
Lost too much hit and veiw revenue from controversy on religious threads on the gen forum when he did that.

Bin is pretty shrewd when doing analysis of what brings in the benjamins based on what veiwers see and dont see on the forums.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Jesus' trial before Pilate was on a Thursday, this known because there was a Jewish holiday that week. That made there Preparation Day for that Sabbath a Tuesday, with Wednesday being a Sabbath. Jesus was tried before religious leaders during wee hours of darkness Thursday morning (illegal, according to their Law), and Pilate in the later morning. Then He was sentenced to death on the cross. Thurs, Fri, Sat nites in the borrowed tomb. Jesus the Christ arose from the dead sometime after 6p Sat nite (their Sunday).

I hope this clears up a few concerns.

H
Huntz Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Antlers is much better than I at explaining.

Amen to that!!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

471 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 2ndwind, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 47 invisible), 1,721 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,035
Posts18,520,982
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.