Home
My beloved brother recently turned me on to this. It moved me some and thought some of you hillbilly/hayseeds might dig it.

"Takin' orders never suited me; givin' them out was much worse. I could not stand to get my friends killed, so I took care of myself first..."

"Preacher said 'boys, he who is killed here tonight will dine with the Lord in paradise. One boy spoke up and said, "preacher come on and eat your supper with us..."

I'm not terribly religious, don't sport a tinfoil cap and never have worried much about civil war, but this number got me feeling like, 'if they actually start coming for us, hey man, lock, load and go for broke...'

Kamo, I hate to disappoint ya, but that aint country. That's closer to Janis Joplin.

I also hope that fellow has a day job.
Not much real country in the new offerings. Oldies country and western stations are all that I will listen to. If I can't find that, it is talk radio or off. miles
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Kamo, I hate to disappoint ya, but that aint country. That's closer to Janis Joplin.

No disappointment here, friend. As far as genres, that band's tune about getting drafted, bounced around then serving during WWII isn't anything akin to JJ's music. YMMV.
You must know by now that the left isn't going to cut US any slack. My thinking is the first one I'd going to be the hardest one. After that one it won't be pretty.
American has had 12+ wars in 245 years... about every 20 years...

Americans have always defined themselves by the wars Americans fight.

The current war is being postponed daily... but it cannot be avoided.
Like others have said, that ain't country. I don't know what you would call that other than bad.
She's a little bit country and he's a little bit rock'in roll...
I tried listening but that sucks! Sure as hell not country.
Not country. Bob Dylan type. Painful to listen to.

Could tell by the name it ain't country.
[Linked Image from themebeta.com]
If you like that sort of music I can't suggest enough that you spend some time in the rural South and please give us an affectionate "hayseed" or "hillbilly" while you are visiting. It will be fun.
Good stuff. Falls more into the "americana" label. Not really pop rock or todays country. Sirius XM outlaw country channel plays a lot of americana type stuff. Most of it is really good. Kinda of a progression of 70s mujsic like the Byrds America Gram Parsons Flying Burrito brothers Eagles etc mixed with 70s outlaw country.
That’s a good fugkin tune man. Thanks, hadn’t heard it before.
To all the retards that think country is dead, well, lol, you obviously have the fugking internet. Do a little poking around.

Bob Wills sucks btw.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
To all the retards that think country is dead, well, lol, you obviously have the fugking internet. Do a little poking around.

Bob Wills sucks btw.

Blasphemy!
Originally Posted by Oldman03

^^^This^^^
That is red dirt music, Oklahoma-Texas
Originally Posted by hanco
That is red dirt music, Oklahoma-Texas

this
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Bob Wills sucks btw.

Blasphemy!

For the traditionalist looking for killer vocal range.

Sounds like the ole boys is constipated [bad] Coe Pretzel sounds like a hillbilly with diarrhea of the mouth
Stx gonna write a country song about not winning the lotto while fugking his cousin with one ear and a bleeding nostril that never dripped into his perfect brisket just before he kicked everyone’s ass and fugked everyone’s wife whilst drinking every beer without getting drunk and still going to work just before his lifelong friend took him fishing before crashing his boat into a pile of rocks that shouldn’t have been there to begin with.

^data compression
Hot Babe music .

The fire's always a great study in human nature.

Fellow comes on and posts about a message that spoke to him and 90% of the replies ignore that to criticize the envelope.
Originally Posted by deflave
Stx gonna write a country song about not winning the lotto while fugking his cousin with one ear and a bleeding nostril that never dripped into his perfect brisket just before he kicked everyone’s ass and fugked everyone’s wife whilst drinking every beer without getting drunk and still going to work just before his lifelong friend took him fishing before crashing his boat into a pile of rocks that shouldn’t have been there to begin with.

Can someone translate this incoherent diatribe please?
Originally Posted by Ruger4Life

Can someone translate this incoherent diatribe please?

Sure.

“You don’t get it.”
Two thumbs DOWN !
This one is pretty decent too for 2 guys doing it live, with an accordion.

Texas and Tennessee
Funny country.

lmao, it would be a hit.
Or maybe, I would have to lower my IQ 100 pts, and put my mind in the gutter and roll in it in order to stoop to your level? I think so. No thank you
Originally Posted by Ruger4Life
Or maybe, I would have to lower my IQ 100 pts, and put my mind in the gutter and roll in it in order to stoop to your level? I think so. No thank you

Highly doubt you got 100 points to spare.

LOL
Originally Posted by stxhunter

lmao, it would be a hit.

Smash hit.
Been a fan for a long time.

LMAO!
The lead singer also wrote/performed the song at the end of the movie Take Shelter which some of the die hard preppers on here have to have seen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9kZ0qeQ-kA
that music is to Country as bean soup is to Chili.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

lmao, it would be a hit.

Smash hit.

You got put something about mother in the lyrics to get a no 1 hit though.......
Sounds like a Steve Earle cover band.
© 24hourcampfire