Home
Posted By: Leanwolf More RUST - The Plot Thickens - 11/09/21
This is from a very long article in The L.A. Times. If you want to read it all, go to the Times' site and check it out.

" L.A. Times.
NOV. 8, 2021 5:33 PM

Hannah Gutierrez Reed wasn’t the only weapons expert working on ‘Rust.’ Who was the ‘armorer mentor’?

Hannah Gutierrez Reed, 24, wasn’t the only weapons wrangler attached to the western film “Rust,” starring Alec Baldwin.

The film’s producers also had brought in a second gun expert: Seth Kenney, who owns a licensed Lake Havasu City, Ariz., weapons and props rental company. Kenney was added to the “Rust” crew in late September as an “armorer mentor” for Gutierrez Reed, according to an internal “Rust” crew list shared with the Los Angeles Times.

Kenney, 51, suggested Gutierrez Reed for the armorer job, according to a person close to the production who was not authorized to comment.

He also supplied the guns used in “Rust,” according to six people familiar with the matter who asked not to be identified because of the sensitive nature of the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office investigation into last month’s deadly shooting in New Mexico. ... "

Too long to post but it appears there just might be more than Gutierrez Reed whose azz might be in a sling. The "second gun expert," Seth Kenney, provided the guns, ammo, etc.

L.W.
Doesn't matter, Baldwin was the trigger puller(and producer), he should have known better.
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Doesn't matter, Baldwin was the trigger puller(and producer), he should have known better.

lol
Next it will be the firearm and ammunition manufacturer's fault for making the stuff in the first place. Oh, and Santa Claus bears a portion of the responsibility for leaving a not-bespoke bourbon under Baldwin's tree last December. And didn't the weather guy clearly state that on the day the trigger was pulled it would be partly cloudy? What was up with that bright sunlight causing all that glare?
Posted By: DBT Re: More RUST - The Plot Thickens - 11/09/21
A movie site is no place to have live ammo, simple as that. No live ammo on site, nobody gets shot accidently.
I figure the fix is in and Baldwin gets away.with murder after the sheriffs recent statement on the matter was that the person handing the gun to Alec told him it was cleared.
Gun safety rules and responsibilities don't change just because you're at work. Well, unless you're government and have qualified immunity.

It isn't a question of whether Baldwin is guilty. It's a question of who else is also guilty and of what.

It matters to the lawyers filing suit for wrongful death.

That's exactly what they want and look for in filing litigation. You sue everybody. It adds a whole new level of $$$ that are not found by suing an individual or just one company.
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Gun safety rules and responsibilities don't change just because you're at work. Well, unless you're government and have qualified immunity.

It isn't a question of whether Baldwin is guilty. It's a question of who else is also guilty and of what.

Its a question of who becomes the scapegoat for Baldwin.
Amazing how.Baldwin can sleep at night.
Satanic schiett gets off on remembering it. Remember, HE called them vipers because they are vipers.

Dont think for a second that Hillary loses a minute of sleep over those who died in the Benghazi incident designed to take out Ambassador Stevens for what he had found out.
Keeripes, Jag, I think you could drag a conspiracy theory into a traffic report.
Posted By: KFWA Re: More RUST - The Plot Thickens - 11/09/21
Supposedly Baldwin was told not to point the gun at anyone on the set.

You would think that wouldn't have to be said, but if it was specifically said to him, then its criminal on his part.
Still don’t know why Baldwin fired the gun at the director of photography - was she in a movie scene or was he just screwing around?
Rocky, I now have coffee all over my shirt. Good one!

And what possible reason could there be to have live ammo anywhere near a movie set where props are to be fired? Why wouldn’t an actor who’s the end user of the prop be the final person the check “clear”? Negligence on so many levels pure and simple.
Hilarious the anti gun, hypocrite, POS was out shooting the guns with live ammo and manages to kill 1 and maim another. Guns don't kill......democrats with guns kill!
Originally Posted by bluefish

Only because he is worried about his own fat ass.
Too many cooks spoil the broth.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

It matters to the lawyers filing suit for wrongful death.

That's exactly what they want and look for in filing litigation. You sue everybody. It adds a whole new level of $$$ that are not found by suing an individual or just one company.

^^^THIS^^^ Sue 'em all - let a jury sort it out!
Originally Posted by tpcollins
Still don’t know why Baldwin fired the gun at the director of photography - was she in a movie scene or was he just screwing around?

She probably said Let's go Baldwin, and he misheard her.
Originally Posted by KFWA
Supposedly Baldwin was told not to point the gun at anyone on the set.

You would think that wouldn't have to be said, but if it was specifically said to him, then its criminal on his part.

LOL.

Who told him that?

Was the person who told him that qualified to instruct anything?

When was he told that?

Just more rumor and speculation... Gotta feed that beast for sure.

The good thing about this, is that there will most certainly be huge litigation in a court of law, where testimony and evidence is presented. That's where the wheat gets separated from the chaff... wink
Too bad it wasn't a suicide scene.
Originally Posted by Esox357
Hilarious the anti gun, hypocrite, POS was out shooting the guns with live ammo and manages to kill 1 and maim another. Guns don't kill......democrats with guns kill!

Please credible post link to this information
If I go to a gun show, pick one up off the table, and shoot somebody with it, who goes to jail?
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Too bad it wasn't a suicide scene.

No doubt! grin
In a just world, Baldwin would spend the rest of his useless life in prison, picking up soap in the shower.

This is not a just world.
This all woulda been sooooooo much better if it was a head shot...
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan
Next it will be the firearm and ammunition manufacturer's fault for making the stuff in the first place. Oh, and Santa Claus bears a portion of the responsibility for leaving a not-bespoke bourbon under Baldwin's tree last December. And didn't the weather guy clearly state that on the day the trigger was pulled it would be partly cloudy? What was up with that bright sunlight causing all that glare?

Nah. It was the dog's fault that was running around the set. He distracted them.
Posted By: KFWA Re: More RUST - The Plot Thickens - 11/09/21
Originally Posted by Winchester21
In a just world, Baldwin would spend the rest of his useless life in prison, picking up soap in the shower.

I"m guessing he's going to be on the ass end of a huge civil lawsuit and I think he knows it, which is why he reached out to the woman's family spending time with them. I'm not totally callous, I'm sure he felt genuine remorse and wanted to convey that to them, but he's also thinking 3 months down the road here.
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Winchester21

I"m guessing he's going to be on the ass end of a huge civil lawsuit and I think he knows it, which is why he reached out to the woman's family spending time with them. I'm not totally callous, I'm sure he felt genuine remorse and wanted to convey that to them, but he's also thinking 3 months down the road here.

Conniving chkunt.
Some of you fail to realize that this was a movie set - where NOTHING resembles reality. By union contract rules, Baldwin would have been absolutely prohibited from doing anything that fell under the auspices of whatever union the armorer is a member of. Both his and her unions would have prohibited it, in fact. If he had opened the action to check for ammo, there'd have been hell to pay from both unions. That is NOT his job on a movie set.

According to early descriptions of the accident, this was a rehearsal. In an actual scene where an actor fires a gun (even with blanks) towards a camera, there is no cameraman or anyone else "down range". This was supposed to be a cold gun - meaning completely unloaded. Baldwin fully expected nothing but a "click" when he pulled the trigger.

As much as I cannot stand him, this was not Baldwin's fault.

Baldwin is a puke and like him or not, Rocky is 100% right.

This is a movie set, not a gun show, a gun store, or any other gun related setting where safe gun handling practices are exercised. The movie called for a gun to be pointed at another individual and this has been done in thousands of movies before.

The facts remain this simple:

The cinematographer is dead
The armorer mishandled the situation
Baldwin will have to live with this forever.

All the hatemail and judgements are lost in the facts of this unfortunate event.

Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Some of you fail to realize that this was a movie set - where NOTHING resembles reality. By union contract rules, Baldwin would have been absolutely prohibited from doing anything that fell under the auspices of whatever union the armorer is a member of. Both his and her unions would have prohibited it, in fact. If he had opened the action to check for ammo, there'd have been hell to pay from both unions. That is NOT his job on a movie set.

According to early descriptions of the accident, this was a rehearsal. In an actual scene where an actor fires a gun (even with blanks) towards a camera, there is no cameraman or anyone else "down range". This was supposed to be a cold gun - meaning completely unloaded. Baldwin fully expected nothing but a "click" when he pulled the trigger.

Originally Posted by gregintenn
If I go to a gun show, pick one up off the table, and shoot somebody with it, who goes to jail?

I smack anyone who picks up a gun from my table with out asking.
Originally Posted by Huntz

What do they do when you smack them?

You smack them upside the head with your 1911? grin

Usually I'll have signs posted on the table to not handle without permission. If someone does, I politely tell them to put the gun down, and ask if I can answer any questions about it. Seems to work better for me than smacking someone.. wink

Usually I'll have signs posted on the table to not handle without permission. If someone does, I politely tell them to put the gun down, and ask if I can answer any questions about it. Seems to work better for me than smacking someone.. wink

Smacking them upside the head with a slab side gives me self satisfaction.I actually run zip ties in the guns I am selling and have big signs,don`t handle firearms with out asking permission.Still there are idiots who pick guns up and proceed to try dry fire them or field strip them.All though I have never smacked anyone ,the thought has gone through my mind more than once.

Smacking them upside the head with a slab side gives me self satisfaction.I actually run zip ties in the guns I am selling and have big signs,don`t handle firearms with out asking permission.Still there are idiots who pick guns up and proceed to try dry fire them or field strip them.All though I have never smacked anyone ,the thought has gone through my mind more than once.

Yep. One of the reasons I quit doing gun shows many years ago was because of idiots like that. Or the ones that would let their inbred kids grab a gun and pick it up.
Those are the ones I was most tempted to smack.
Not the Kids. The Parent. 😡
So, what you guys are saying is that if this weren't a movie set, and if you weren't actors, and if the rules weren't the same, and if the scenario wasn't anything like this one - you'd do something different.

Gotcha.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Yep. One of the reasons I quit doing gun shows many years ago was because of idiots like that. Or the ones that would let their inbred kids grab a gun and pick it up.
Those are the ones I was most tempted to smack.
Not the Kids. The Parent. 😡

Maybe link up the.guns with electric fence wire and system. Tell them there's a charge for handling the guns.
How is this a "not my job" situation, legally speaking? There are directly analogous situations in other lines of work? The mechanic failed to bleed brakes properly so when the truck driver creamed kids on a crosswalk it wasn't manslaughter? Asking.
Posted By: DMc Re: More RUST - The Plot Thickens - 11/09/21
Originally Posted by bluefish

Someone void of a conscience?
urban, read my last post.
urban, read my last post.

A safety concern ALWAYS trumps a union contract...

That's all I've been saying the whole time, now we find out there were 2 armorers on set....that's some real incompetence for this to occur.
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

That's all I've been saying the whole time, now we find out there were 2 armorers on set....that's some real incompetence for this to occur.

Thing is, did baldwin know that some of the crew members walked off of the set due to safety concerns. And if he did what did he do to address and rectify said concerns. If the arrogant POS chose to continue to film and not resolve the issues that's negligence. Any reasonable person would have questions about how it was all handled.
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

Thing is, did baldwin know that some of the crew members walked off of the set due to safety concerns. And if he did what did he do to address and rectify said concerns. If the arrogant POS chose to continue to film and not resolve the issues that's negligence. Any reasonable person would have questions about how it was all handled.

They also walked because of working conditions, available food and lodging, and pay checks not being issued...so there was a lot in play on set. I don't know who's to blame for the items, but the Union pulled a walk off to make their point.
Rocky, glad to see there is at least one clear headed person posting here.

Jim

Yeah, I get it. I'm mostly lampooning human nature and the inevitable finger-pointing scramble to dodge responsibility. I'll add that prohibiting an actor from performing a basic safety check because union dick-waving can obviously result in people being hurt, so maybe they ought to rethink that some, at least in some circumstances. It's a simple revolver not pyrotechnics, an electrical panel, or elaborate rigging. It doesn't require that specialized of a skill-set. Did the armorer hand Baldwin a verified firearm or was it lying on a table and assumed to have been verified at some previous point?

Also, I'm still unclear on whether Baldwin was under direction and the camera was rolling when he fired or if he was goofing off. I haven't chased down every news blip on this.

It sounds like the entire production was basically a goatfuck.

On a side note, I have a sneaking suspicion that most of these peoples' reality bears little resemblance to reality.

So an actor can point a 'prop gun' at someone and squeeze trigger?
This is acceptable?

thank you Rocky
I don't care anymore. The woman is dead, her family will get paid and nobody is going to jail. It was a freak accident. That's all. There have been a zillion shooting scenes over the many years and what, two of these accidents?
If Baldwin was half as smart he he believes himself to be,he would have taken a course in gun safety sponsored by the NRA.This would have instilled in him the safety guidelines,that would have prevented the death of this cinema-tographer.

Instead he chose to damn an organization whose sole purpose is to protect our second amendment,which is still the law of the land.

Dumb-ass Baldwin aimed the gun,thumbed back the hammer and then pulled the trigger which resulted in the death of this woman.F him and the horse he rode in on.He's solely responsible for her death.

Posted By: DBT Re: More RUST - The Plot Thickens - 11/09/21
Originally Posted by Raeford

This is acceptable?

It is what an actor is expected to do in rehearsal or a take. It's a movie site .
Originally Posted by Raeford

This is acceptable?

No. Aim to the side or high. Unmanned camera. Staff move to safe zone before action.

Beside the point though. A blank can propel any object in the bore. Gun safety is gun safety.
Union members walked off the set of “Rust” hours before Alec Baldwin fired a prop gun that killed the film’s cinematographer — and cited “poor gun safety” as one of the reasons for the move, according to a text message obtained by The Post.

An unidentified woman claiming to be a union member on the Baldwin-produced movie said the crew was upset about their hotels and poor COVID protocols — but most worried about an overall lack of safety on the set, especially gun safety.

“The entire camera crew walked off that morning for that exact reason,” the person wrote in part of the text obtained by The Post from an IATSE union member. “Last night we wrote resignation letters. We cited everything from lack of payment for three weeks, taking our hotels away despite asking for them in our deals, lack of COVID safety (and on) top of that, poor gun safety! Poor on set safety, period! We wrote about this exact issue last night and walked this morning because of it!”
https://nypost.com/2021/10/23/union...-over-safety-issues-text-message-claims/
Also,

The woman said that the cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins, 42, and another member were the only ones who remained on the set. Hutchins was a member of IATSE Local 600 and had reportedly been vocal about wanting better safety conditions for the crew prior to her death.

Baldwin killed her for her union association. Lol
In the words of Harry Truman, the buck stops here. I couldn't care less what the union rules are or are not. The fact is baldwin shot someone and now that person is dead. No matter who you are or where you are the safety of any firearm is entirely in your hands. Maybe these "rules" they work by need to be changed or maybe Hollywood needs to be forced to not make movies with guns in them being used by the most vile puke we have ever seen while making billions then donating some of that money to the very party that wants to strip us of every God given right we have. As has been stated here before, "show the enemy no quarter".
Posted By: Leanwolf Already posted. - 11/11/21
x
© 24hourcampfire