Home
Posted By: RockyRaab Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
If you have ever served, no matter when, in which service, or for how long, you are my brothers and sisters. You raised your hand and pledged your life to protect and defend your country. Know that no matter how loudly others may bray their support for the USA, they have done nothing to actually defend it. You have. You are the honorable one percenters.

Nothing makes me prouder than to be among you and I salute you all.

Remember one more thing: our work is never done.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
Tango
Hotel
Romeo
Echo
Echo

Mike
Alpha
November

Charlie
Echo
Lima
Lima
Sierra

For those who understand the concept...
It compounds....
FTF comm only.....

If and when it ever goes down

See another day
Or sell it out dearly

Use their fear against them.

Have a good veterans day tommorow guys.

Rocky.
The Golden Corral free thing is one Giant gang bang around here.
Never even bothered after going to scope it out for several yrs....

Homie don't do 150 yd long lines no more.
Cause he dont have too now....
Glad my last name started with a E back in the day..
πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Posted By: Teal Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
Happy Veteran's Day Rocky.

Happy Veteran's day to all those who served -

Me - USN
Son - USA 2018
GF's Son - USAF
Cousin - USN
Uncle 1 - USA
Uncle 2 - USMC
Grandfather 1 - USA
Grandfather 2 - USN (Purple Heart - Korea)
Posted By: strikeu Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
28 years 5 months 14 days.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
Yo! Hang tuff guys, watch your 6.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
Happy Veterans Day for all my fellow vets.

Thanks Rocky for pointing out.... " Our work is never done"....
Those who didn't serve will never understand that statement.... a veteran doesn't need it explained.

Any pride I have about life, is the time I spent after raising my hand and taking an oath.

Especially to all other Campfire Members who also raised their hand and put on the Uniform...

Happy Veterans Day Brothers!

May God Smile on each of you, and bless ALL of your loved ones.

Wasn't a Marine, my dad was tho.... and I like their Slogan the best, as it says it all... Sempre Fi.... Always Faithful.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
Thanks Rocky. Same to you.
Grandfather-Army WW1
Father-Navy WW Ii, south Pacific
Four uncles-WW Ii
One uncle-Army, Korea
Cousin-USMC, Vietnam
Me, 21 USN 21 years, odds and ends dust-ups and Desert Storm.
Posted By: pullit Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
Thank you to all that served from the bottom of my heart.
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
My wife finished up her nails. Pretty good I think. She hails from a military family. Thank you to all that served and God Bless.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Skankhunt42 Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
My wife finished up her nails. Pretty good I think. She hails from a military family. Thank you to all that served and God Bless.
[Linked Image]

Nice!!

Happy Veterans day brothers!

Pretty sure Sheetz still does the free turkey MTO, I'll get me one tomorrow.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
Gone, but not ever forgotten !!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Lest we forget.
Posted By: szihn Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]Sgt Zihn by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]USMC by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
I was younger and stronger then.

My father and uncle were both WW2 Combat vets in the Navy. My Great Grand Dad on my dad's side was a WW1 vet and got gassed in Flanders, but lived on until the late 40s.
In our family history we put value on defending our nation and our constitution.
It sickens me to see how many today could not care less about our constitution and "law enforcement" sees it as something to get around.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
Staff Sargant, US Army Reserve. Retired.
Posted By: RupertBear Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
To all my brethren and sistren, Hand Salute, execute! I am proud to have served among you and alongside of you. CCN was along time back, but i remember.
RB
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
CCN? I was at CCS. 'Tis a small brotherhood in MACV/SOG, for sure.
Posted By: RupertBear Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
Nominally with the !st Special operations, but was ground duty with the multi-force pilot recovery in CCN, among other interesting places.
Be well, brother.
RB
Posted By: CraigD Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
I salute all of my brothers and sisters that served!

It was an honor to be among you...
Posted By: Craigster Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
My Dad was a Tin Can Sailor in the South Pacific in WWII.

His ship : https://destroyerhistory.org/fletcherclass/ussevans_puc/

All gave some, some gave all.

Semper Fi
Posted By: skeen Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
King of Battle.

Posted By: vferguson3006 Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
Posted By: IntruderBN Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
Originally Posted by Craigster

Semper Fi

Just finished reading β€œLast stand of the tin can sailors.” A superb book. Wow
Posted By: Dancing Bear Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
Originally Posted by Teal
Happy Veteran's Day Rocky.

Happy Veteran's day to all those who served -

Me - USN
Son - USA 2018
GF's Son - USAF
Cousin - USN
Uncle 1 - USA
Uncle 2 - USMC
Grandfather 1 - USA
Grandfather 2 - USN (Purple Heart - Korea)

From my closer family and friends and buds I didn't list, to you, I wish you the same-
Uncle - USMC WWII-rip
FIL - USMC WWII-rip
Myself - USMC - Vietnam - still kicking, a little feebly
BIL's - USMC - Desert Storm - rip, USAF - Desert Storm, US Army - Desert Storm,
SIL - USMC - Still in,
Son - USMC - Iraq Era,
Like my son - In since 2002 - MARSOC -MSGT - been in Mideast several tours.
Posted By: LongSpurHunter Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
20% off from 11/11-11/14 at Dollar General for Veterans.

You have to be verified on their website, easy, and load the digital coupon to your account. Enter your phone number when you check out you get 20% off.
Posted By: Pugs Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
Originally Posted by IntruderBN
Just finished reading β€œLast stand of the tin can sailors.” A superb book. Wow

Yep - Read The Fleet at Flood Tide by the same author. Also excellent.

https://www.navyhistory.org/2017/01...a-at-total-war-in-the-pacific-1944-1945/
Posted By: LazyL0228 Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
Too many on this end to list got to thinking 15 to 20 all branch's. I myself Army.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
Went thru the drive thru teller at the bank during lunch today. A sign was prominently posted saying the bank would be closed in observance of Veterans Day, 11/11. I ask the teller if she was a veteran. She replied "No." Then I asked how was it that as a 20yr plus vet, I had to work and she got the day off? The look of dumb-foundment on her face was priceless.
Posted By: POKERFACE6 Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
Soldier for life. With respect to all. Joe
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
I took the oath over 40 years ago and will honor it until I am no longer breathing. Happy veterans day to all the vets here and all across the USA.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
The county is letting me off for the day. No pay and no benefits but I get the day off. I guess that 24 years paid off after all.

kwg
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
If you have ever served, no matter when, in which service, or for how long, you are my brothers and sisters. You raised your hand and pledged your life to protect and defend your country. Know that no matter how loudly others may bray their support for the USA, they have done nothing to actually defend it. You have. You are the honorable one percenters.

Well, I served in the Coast Guard, so I don't really count, but I am going to run all over town tomorrow getting free food!
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Well, I served in the Coast Guard, so I don't really count, but I am going to run all over town tomorrow getting free food!

I came damn close to being a Coastie. I got a job with a local P.D. so that idea went out the door. I wish I'd of done the Coast Guard 40 years later.

kwg
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
Thanks to all who have served along side. We still have a duty to honor our pledge to protect this country. Especially now days.
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
If it ain't raining we ain't training!

https://radar.weather.gov/?settings...5zIjowLjgsIm5hdGlvbmFsIjowLjZ9fQ%3D%3D#/
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
Originally Posted by kwg020

I came damn close to being a Coastie. I got a job with a local P.D. so that idea went out the door. I wish I'd of done the Coast Guard 40 years later.

kwg

Just think about all the free burgers you are missing out on.
Posted By: kennymauser Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
Proud to have served-----1967-1970 USAF C-130 Crew Chief ----Viet Nam and Ubon Thailand

Would do it again----if they would let me! grin
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
Thanks again!!
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
Paul, Coasties count.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
Best to you Rocky!
Rocky ever listened to SOG CAST?

It's a great podcast you should check it out! Lot's of love for FAC's
Thanks to all of my fellow Vets! God Bless You.

Mike
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: Veterans' Day - 11/10/21
Paul, Coasties count.

I’d say so.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
Originally Posted by Craigster

Semper Fi

Interesting story of the Evans and the other destroyer.
They fugged up some jap planes and pilots that day.
Made em pay dearly.
Hats off to your dad!!!

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
Ready on the right: Every ground pounder in 'Nam had a great love for FACs. To this day, I am not allowed to pay for my drinks in any Army bar.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
My dear brother was a US Marine, he told me not to join the Marines, so I did not.
Posted By: deflave Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
Rock,

Since we are brothers, can I borrow $20?
Originally Posted by wabigoon
My dear brother was a US Marine, he told me not to join the Marines, so I did not.

Great story.

Now STFU.
Should I make the check to Travis or Clark?
Posted By: Teal Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
This old girl was at D Day. Now it's tarted up for Christmas when she used to have some .50 Cals on the roof over the pilothouse and chart house.

Took the pic tonight, after dinner. Thought to share here - veteran tub boat I guess.

Posted By: crittrgittr Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
I'm not a veteran but would like to thank each and every one that served, my hat is off to all of you.
Posted By: Skankhunt42 Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
Was out golfing all day. GF and her daughter and myself then went to a local LGS and handled some pistols (GF's daughter is looking for a small carry handgun). After that we went to a newer local brewery for a couple drinks and some food. Smoked shots, anyone ever have them? They're REALLY good lol.

Anyway the bartender noticed my shirt (It was a three button collared shirt with my ship insignia on the left side) and asked if I was a veteran. I said I am. She gives me this envelope and says thanks for you service. Inside was 4 notes to a veteran from her grade school class. Colored pictures and writing thanking me for my service. She had promised them that she would find a veteran to give them to tonight. Took a pic with me and the letters to show her kids tomorrow.

Brought a little tear to my eye. Am in the process of hanging them on my fridge right now.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
I am confused, where is the non ending chorus of butt nuggets who condemn the US mil. as govt. employed leaches who will take away our guns and shoot us down in the streets?

Here is a toast to us and those like us. Phug everyone else.

#babykillersRus

mike r
Posted By: RupertBear Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
They're too busy quaffing cold ones while they bad mouth Men who Walked the Walk, like Colin Powell, just because they disagreed with them.
Posted By: 1Akshooter Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
A great great Grandfather fought for the Union Army in the not so Civil War. My Dad was Army in WWII and POW and Purple Heart recipient, I will call 97 year old WWII and D-Day and Purple Heart recipient Uncle Ed tomorrow. He was 82nd Airborne Glider Division and hooked up with the101st and fought in Bastone and Holland and etc. Dad and Ed said the same thing, they ran low on ammo and supplies during the battle of the Bulge, about froze to death and never ever thought thy would survive the damned mortar attacks. My Dad's younger brother was killed in the Philippine's by a Jap sniper when he was 19. My Dad's older brother fought in Italy. Most of my Dad's buddies were WWII vets and to this day I thank God I was raised and influenced by such men as these.

My brother served six years in the Navy and I served four and we both pulled three West Pac cruises at Yankee Station in the Tonkin Gulf during Viet Nam War with multiple months in the "combat zone" each cruise. But, we had it easy compared to my Dad and uncles and no one ever shot at us that I know of. My son served ten years in the Army in Military Intelligence and his wife served for three years.

One of my favorite pictures is of me, my son-in laws Marine Corp's Viet Nam Combat vet Dad and my Dad and the other two grandfathers who were WWII vets. Only me and my son-in laws Dad are left.

I pray my grandsons never have to see combat and wish the sorry politician's we have had to serve to be in congress, the senate or the White House, we would have fewer wars. I am and always will be a Patriot and I love the United States.

To all of you who served, you have my heartfelt gratitude and thanks and respect. Well done!
Posted By: brownpapabear Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
My deepest appreciation to all who served, Dead of alive.
Salute!
Posted By: Steve Redgwell Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
Bravo Zulu, guys.

Keep smiling!
Posted By: Craigster Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21

A WWII vet told me to join the Marines. I did.

Semper Fi.
Should I make the check to Travis or Clark?

Dave.

Thanks.
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Was out golfing all day. GF and her daughter and myself then went to a local LGS and handled some pistols (GF's daughter is looking for a small carry handgun). After that we went to a newer local brewery for a couple drinks and some food. Smoked shots, anyone ever have them? They're REALLY good lol.

Anyway the bartender noticed my shirt (It was a three button collared shirt with my ship insignia on the left side) and asked if I was a veteran. I said I am. She gives me this envelope and says thanks for you service. Inside was 4 notes to a veteran from her grade school class. Colored pictures and writing thanking me for my service. She had promised them that she would find a veteran to give them to tonight. Took a pic with me and the letters to show her kids tomorrow.

Brought a little tear to my eye. Am in the process of hanging them on my fridge right now.

Touching.

How’d you play?
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
Originally Posted by deflave

Touching.

How’d you play?

[Linked Image from media0.giphy.com]
Posted By: Seafire Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
Originally Posted by 1Akshooter
A great great Grandfather fought for the Union Army in the not so Civil War. My Dad was Army in WWII and POW and Purple Heart recipient, I will call 97 year old WWII and D-Day and Purple Heart recipient Uncle Ed tomorrow. He was 82nd Airborne Glider Division and hooked up with the101st and fought in Bastone and Holland and etc. Dad and Ed said the same thing, they ran low on ammo and supplies during the battle of the Bulge, about froze to death and never ever thought thy would survive the damned mortar attacks. My Dad's younger brother was killed in the Philippine's by a Jap sniper when he was 19. My Dad's older brother fought in Italy. Most of my Dad's buddies were WWII vets and to this day I thank God I was raised and influenced by such men as these.

My brother served six years in the Navy and I served four and we both pulled three West Pac cruises at Yankee Station in the Tonkin Gulf during Viet Nam War with multiple months in the "combat zone" each cruise. But, we had it easy compared to my Dad and uncles and no one ever shot at us that I know of. My son served ten years in the Army in Military Intelligence and his wife served for three years.

One of my favorite pictures is of me, my son-in laws Marine Corp's Viet Nam Combat vet Dad and my Dad and the other two grandfathers who were WWII vets. Only me and my son-in laws Dad are left.

I pray my grandsons never have to see combat and wish the sorry politician's we have had to serve to be in congress, the senate or the White House, we would have fewer wars. I am and always will be a Patriot and I love the United States.

To all of you who served, you have my heartfelt gratitude and thanks and respect. Well done!

Thanks for posting this post. I think most of us forgot about our brothers who never made it home.

My grandmother sent 6 sons to serve in WW 2. Three did not make it home.

I come from a long line of Veterans, on both sides of the family. Back as far as the French and Indian War.... then the Revolution and definitely the Civil War. those in the Civil War, they ALL pretty much wore Grey Uniforms and Sang Dixie.
\
Growing up in a Military family and also as a dependent, I have known countless veterans who never came home. and serving in the Army Medical Corps and working in an Army Medical Hospital for 24 months.... I have met and taken care of veterans as patients, who served as far back as the Spanish American War, Those who "served under General Pershing chasing Poncho Via all over Mexico", and to think of the thousands of WW 1 Vets I took care of. They are ALL Gone now... but they will be remembered.
Being in the Medical Corps, gave me the greatest honor to hear the many stories from those who were there, and were lucky enough to make it home.

As the day ends, I salute each and everyone who served and especially those who touched my life, those many patients I spoke with in Madigan Army Medical Center, while they were my patients. I am honored to have met them.
Posted By: troublesome82 Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
I served with many heroes in B2/75. Slow hand salute to all of you who served!
Posted By: Ken_L Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
From one veteran to all the other veterans on the 'fire Happy Veterans Day!
Posted By: JTrapper73 Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
Originally Posted by troublesome82
I served with many heroes in B2/75. Slow hand salute to all of you who served!

I had a couple of really good friends who served in 2/75, both Just Cause veterans.

Happy Veterans Day to all! Thank you!
Posted By: Geno67 Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
To all who served - thank you.

Posted By: Strider1 Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Posted By: Redneck Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
I took the oath over 40 years ago and will honor it until I am no longer breathing. Happy veterans day to all the vets here and all across the USA.
Ditto here.... I joined in October of '66 when I was still 17.... And I, like you, still honor that oath - forever...
Posted By: Skankhunt42 Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
Originally Posted by deflave

Touching.

How’d you play?

I sucked
Posted By: Deans Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
Thanks to all of you who have served and still serving. I salute you with this

Posted By: mark shubert Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Ditto here.... I joined in October of '66 when I was still 17.... And I, like you, still honor that oath - forever...

Swore in Sept '72 - ditto on the oath.
Posted By: OMCHamlin Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
Rocky, although I have attacked you viciously in the past (all 'cause you watch NFL football), I do wish you a Happy Veterans Day as well. In the big scheme of things, these days, that's not worth quibbling about, you watch what you want. God Bless...
Never took it to heart, sir. (And the only NFL I watch is the Packers, because I'm a part owner.)
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
Dad, Uncle Harold, Uncle Tony WWII Navy
Uncle Harvey WWII Army (Battle of the Bulge)
Uncle Dick WWII USAAC South Pacific
Me Navy SEA 68 - 72
My son Navy
My grandson Navy
Posted By: FlyboyFlem Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
Rocky my thoughts are anchored in our past flying the not so friendly skies ..Today marks another solemn remembrance to ALL who have gallantly served and many we left behind ....Thank you brother have a great day !
Posted By: RAS Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
Happy Veterans Day to all our vets here!

Even though yesterday was more important. wink

Semper Fi
Posted By: rangerat Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
My first 18 years of life I grew up in a navy family. Step dad was a CPO. I decided to become a paratrooper, so I did for 3 years. Salute to all members of all services we did the right thing.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
Happy Veterans Day Fellers, It's an honor to hang with you here.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
Happy Veterans Day and thank you all for your service.
Never took it to heart, sir. (And the only NFL I watch is the Packers, because I'm a part owner.)

Rodgers is more beloved now than ever.
Posted By: ribka Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
thanks to all who served. Don't let the weak khhunt Biden's policies diminish your service memories and accomplishments

dad served in korea in USMC.

Felt obligated to join after he served
Posted By: ribka Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21

quite the history.

Originally Posted by 1Akshooter

Posted By: kwg020 Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
Originally Posted by kwg020

kwg

Just think about all the free burgers you are missing out on.

I did do 2o more years in the National Guard so I did get that pension. I have been to a couple of places today for some reduced prices or freebies.

kwg

I have to throw in a link to my cousin Gene Greenwood who started out as a bomber pilot in the 100th BG and retired 32 years later. I'm doing my part to keep his memory alive.
https://100thbg.com/index.php?option=com_bombgrp&view=personnel&id=2019&Itemid=334
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
United States Navy
Six years Tin Can Navy
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club plank owner
Fire Control Gunnery Second Class
USS Henry W Tucker DD875
The Hammering Hank

"Have Guns, Will Travel".
Posted By: Huntz Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
US Navy SS Only thing I was involved in was part of The Cuban Blockade during the Cuban Missile Crises.Got extended 2 years by LBJ served that and did 2 years in the reserves.I enlisted right out of High School and my friends thought I was nuts.I was sent to Sub School as part of my contract.I was able to suck up haz pay as a result.When I got out my friends who thought I was nuts were all hoping their draft numbers did not come up.Dad and three Uncles served in WWII,plus Cousins.Gramps was in The Spanish American war and Great Gramps was in The Civil War plus his brothers and cousins.I am no one special.The special ones never came home or had terrible injuries.On this Veterans Day I salute all those Fella`s and Gal`s.I salute all those who gave time out of their life to serve Our Country.Huntz
Posted By: CGPAUL Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
62-65 101st Abn, 82nd Abn, 5th SFG. Lost my brother in 69, USMC. 19 years old.
People say "Thank you for your service". I was proud and happy to do it.
Posted By: Sheister Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
A couple buddies from high school were signing up to avoid getting drafted so I gave it some thought. My draft number in 71 was 354 so my chance of getting called up was practically nil but I needed something to get my head screwed on straight so I jumped in with them on the "buddy system"... Sept 72- Sept 76 US Army. 11B MOS and proud of it. Probably the best four years of my life and might have stayed in if I hadn't gotten married.

I often talk to people who either don't understand the allegiance to the flag, or don't give a crap about this country and I always tell them it is obvious they never served...

Proud to say my family has a fair representation in the services-

Brother in Vietnam 65-66 and served in the Army 101st AB for 3 years.
I served and was heading to Vietnam in January 73 until three days before our departure they announced they had sent the last man to Vietnam..
At least six nephews, a couple nieces, and my son have served. My son was a Marine for five years and still carries that Marine pride and attitude- incredibly proud of him...

To all who served- my hat is off to you and you can share my campfire at hunting camp any day... as I imagine most of us do, I think about my time in the military almost every day...

Bob
Posted By: byd Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
21 years Retired Aviation Electronics Technician Chief Petty Officer
No other branch of the military gives the Authority to an enlisted man that the navy gives to a Chief.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
USAF, 1958-1978.

Saluting all of you who served.
Posted By: PJGunner Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
USAF 1960 to 1964.
Paul B.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
To each one of you;

Thank You!
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
I would like to claim lofty principles, defender of freedom, allegiance to oaths etc....reality is I was a dumb kid that needed a job and enlisted in the Engrs winter of '64, they trained me well and they gave me work, lots of work, 300 days straight building Cam Ranh Bay. We both got our money's worth.
Posted By: jwall Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21

SALUTE to ALL vets, past & present * ! * ! * !

We are being assaulted by our Enemies Domestic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assume NOTHING !!
Never Let Your Guard Down !

Jerry
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Veterans' Day - 11/11/21
Grandfather - USA Sgt WW1
Father - USAAC/USAF 34 years WW2, Korea, Vietnam
Uncle - USAAC 8th Air Corps B-24 crewman, expert skydiver
Me - Joined 1 month after my 19th birthday in '68. Served until 8 Dec '72 101st ABN, 1st Cav, 7/17th Cav

Posted By: Muffin Re: Veterans' Day - 11/12/21
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Grandfather - USA Sgt WW1
Father - USAAC/USAF 34 years WW2, Korea, Vietnam
Uncle - USAAC 8th Air Corps B-24 crewman, expert skydiver
Me - Joined 1 month after my 19th birthday in '68. Served until 8 Dec '72 101st ABN, 1st Cav, 7/17th Cav

BADASS............................ Don't axe me how I know..................
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Veterans' Day - 11/12/21
[Linked Image from cdn.wallpapersafari.com]
Posted By: ironbender Re: Veterans' Day - 11/12/21

Which one are you?
😁
Posted By: tops911 Re: Veterans' Day - 11/12/21
31 years 2 months and 18 days, US Army Field Artillery. I did not know when I joined I came from a family of Artillerymen:
Greatgrandfather (mother's side) German Field Artillery 1901-1903. He immigrated to the US rather than do another tour.
Grandfather (father's side) WW II, Last of the horse drawn Field Artillery, He learned to ride a horse at Ft Sill. He told me he had to ride through an obstacle course to get promoted to Corporal. He did change over to engineers and was in a Port Battalion. He drove landing craft for the invasion if North Africa and worked on the first bridge build across the Rhine River.
Uncle (mother's brother) Field Artillery officer in Viet Nam.
I have many other family members who served; however, I was the only one foolish enough to make a career of military service, LOL
Posted By: kennymauser Re: Veterans' Day - 11/13/21
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I would like to claim lofty principles, defender of freedom, allegiance to oaths etc....reality is I was a dumb kid that needed a job and enlisted in the Engrs winter of '64, they trained me well and they gave me work, lots of work, 300 days straight building Cam Ranh Bay. We both got our money's worth.

Nice job, I lived there some almost every month from 1967---1970. That base was built on sand . That had to make construction difficult didn't it? How many miles long was that base?

Thanks for your work,

Posted By: OGB Re: Veterans' Day - 11/13/21

I think that's Rene in the bow....

#oldballs!
© 24hourcampfire