Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 1Akshooter
A great great Grandfather fought for the Union Army in the not so Civil War. My Dad was Army in WWII and POW and Purple Heart recipient, I will call 97 year old WWII and D-Day and Purple Heart recipient Uncle Ed tomorrow. He was 82nd Airborne Glider Division and hooked up with the101st and fought in Bastone and Holland and etc. Dad and Ed said the same thing, they ran low on ammo and supplies during the battle of the Bulge, about froze to death and never ever thought thy would survive the damned mortar attacks. My Dad's younger brother was killed in the Philippine's by a Jap sniper when he was 19. My Dad's older brother fought in Italy. Most of my Dad's buddies were WWII vets and to this day I thank God I was raised and influenced by such men as these.

My brother served six years in the Navy and I served four and we both pulled three West Pac cruises at Yankee Station in the Tonkin Gulf during Viet Nam War with multiple months in the "combat zone" each cruise. But, we had it easy compared to my Dad and uncles and no one ever shot at us that I know of. My son served ten years in the Army in Military Intelligence and his wife served for three years.

One of my favorite pictures is of me, my son-in laws Marine Corp's Viet Nam Combat vet Dad and my Dad and the other two grandfathers who were WWII vets. Only me and my son-in laws Dad are left.

I pray my grandsons never have to see combat and wish the sorry politician's we have had to serve to be in congress, the senate or the White House, we would have fewer wars. I am and always will be a Patriot and I love the United States.

To all of you who served, you have my heartfelt gratitude and thanks and respect. Well done!

Thanks for posting this post. I think most of us forgot about our brothers who never made it home.

My grandmother sent 6 sons to serve in WW 2. Three did not make it home.

I come from a long line of Veterans, on both sides of the family. Back as far as the French and Indian War.... then the Revolution and definitely the Civil War. those in the Civil War, they ALL pretty much wore Grey Uniforms and Sang Dixie.
\
Growing up in a Military family and also as a dependent, I have known countless veterans who never came home. and serving in the Army Medical Corps and working in an Army Medical Hospital for 24 months.... I have met and taken care of veterans as patients, who served as far back as the Spanish American War, Those who "served under General Pershing chasing Poncho Via all over Mexico", and to think of the thousands of WW 1 Vets I took care of. They are ALL Gone now... but they will be remembered.
Being in the Medical Corps, gave me the greatest honor to hear the many stories from those who were there, and were lucky enough to make it home.

As the day ends, I salute each and everyone who served and especially those who touched my life, those many patients I spoke with in Madigan Army Medical Center, while they were my patients. I am honored to have met them.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB4

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I served with many heroes in B2/75. Slow hand salute to all of you who served!

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
From one veteran to all the other veterans on the 'fire Happy Veterans Day!

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by troublesome82
I served with many heroes in B2/75. Slow hand salute to all of you who served!

I had a couple of really good friends who served in 2/75, both Just Cause veterans.

Happy Veterans Day to all! Thank you!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To all who served - thank you.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A person who's happy will make others happy. Anne Frank
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
I took the oath over 40 years ago and will honor it until I am no longer breathing. Happy veterans day to all the vets here and all across the USA.
Ditto here.... I joined in October of '66 when I was still 17.... And I, like you, still honor that oath - forever...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Was out golfing all day. GF and her daughter and myself then went to a local LGS and handled some pistols (GF's daughter is looking for a small carry handgun). After that we went to a newer local brewery for a couple drinks and some food. Smoked shots, anyone ever have them? They're REALLY good lol.

Anyway the bartender noticed my shirt (It was a three button collared shirt with my ship insignia on the left side) and asked if I was a veteran. I said I am. She gives me this envelope and says thanks for you service. Inside was 4 notes to a veteran from her grade school class. Colored pictures and writing thanking me for my service. She had promised them that she would find a veteran to give them to tonight. Took a pic with me and the letters to show her kids tomorrow.

Brought a little tear to my eye. Am in the process of hanging them on my fridge right now.

Touching.

How’d you play?

I sucked

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Thanks to all of you who have served and still serving. I salute you with this

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
I took the oath over 40 years ago and will honor it until I am no longer breathing. Happy veterans day to all the vets here and all across the USA.
Ditto here.... I joined in October of '66 when I was still 17.... And I, like you, still honor that oath - forever...

Swore in Sept '72 - ditto on the oath.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rocky, although I have attacked you viciously in the past (all 'cause you watch NFL football), I do wish you a Happy Veterans Day as well. In the big scheme of things, these days, that's not worth quibbling about, you watch what you want. God Bless...

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Never took it to heart, sir. (And the only NFL I watch is the Packers, because I'm a part owner.)

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Dad, Uncle Harold, Uncle Tony WWII Navy
Uncle Harvey WWII Army (Battle of the Bulge)
Uncle Dick WWII USAAC South Pacific
Me Navy SEA 68 - 72
My son Navy
My grandson Navy

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rocky my thoughts are anchored in our past flying the not so friendly skies ..Today marks another solemn remembrance to ALL who have gallantly served and many we left behind ....Thank you brother have a great day !

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Happy Veterans Day to all our vets here!

Even though yesterday was more important. wink

Semper Fi

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
My first 18 years of life I grew up in a navy family. Step dad was a CPO. I decided to become a paratrooper, so I did for 3 years. Salute to all members of all services we did the right thing.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Happy Veterans Day Fellers, It's an honor to hang with you here.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Happy Veterans Day and thank you all for your service.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Never took it to heart, sir. (And the only NFL I watch is the Packers, because I'm a part owner.)

Rodgers is more beloved now than ever.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
thanks to all who served. Don't let the weak khhunt Biden's policies diminish your service memories and accomplishments

dad served in korea in USMC.

Felt obligated to join after he served

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (22250rem, 1minute, 2500HD, 204guy, 17CalFan, 222ND, 60 invisible), 2,291 guests, and 1,421 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,938
Posts18,480,042
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.