Home
I sure wish I was!
I am.
Glad the a/c is working down here.
It was a beautiful day in NW Iowa today, but it is that time of year.
I'm in the process of getting one in. Alas not till the spring tho
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I miss having one, I like to fiddle with a fire.
Just got through stoking mine up with kindling sticks a few dry pieces and a couple of green pieces on top. Waiting for the house to cool down to about 60 before I light it.
I am, burning some mulberry that an ice storm brought down in the backyard last winter. Good heat, but leaves a lot of ash.
started spitting snow today and didn't get out of the 30's here. Decided it was a good time to straighten my workshop.

To my dismay, the carbon monoxide put out by these stoves just drives my sinus crazy...I love a fire place better than most and my wife is a pyro!
At deer camp on the West end of the Upper Peninsula. The fire has been going since Friday night. Sure felt good after a few hours out walking in the rain and snow yesterday. Just about to fix my annual brandy Old Fashioned (Cheddarheads will understand) and sink into the couch with a Wilbur Smith book.
Enjoy the warmth!
Yep
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

First little burn of the season. Nothing big until I do some maintenance this week. Have to sweep the pipe, clean the stove, reseal the gaps and give it a coating of stove black.
Have our wood cook stove fired up right now......
Quadrafire, cocktail, and an above average lookin wife......life is good😀.
started out @ 32 this morning in MS

time I made it to northwest Houston in was 79.
Woodstove feels good. Been in the wind and cold two days at a skeet shoot.
Oh yeah ! Put two big sticks of dry white oak in the Mama Bear about two hours ago . 82 degrees on the indoor thermometer last time I looked .
Have one going into our new log home but it’s not finished yet so sadly, no.
Out hunting for 4 days, wood stove in the camper, 6" of snow overnight, nothing better than wood.....I put a 3 gallon stainless pot on top for warm water.
Richard too warm too start a fire in Iowa
yes, got a hot fire going with some good Aspen, then dropped in some seasoned Oak
-10F and the stove is chirping away!
It’s only 59 outside and 73 inside… probably won’t fire it up tonight but will tomorrow morning… open the windows because it’ll probably only drop into the upper 40s but seeings how I’m getting old and stiff, fire’s a welcome addition every morning that’s cool enough to justify it…
Yes
Enjoyed the wood heat most of the day. Tomorrow I'll have to restock the wood box.

WS
Small fire here. Been single digits most of the day. I start one when i get up, Nice Sunday, not a whisper of a wind.
Nope. Crisp and clear 45 here west of Dalhart. One of the best sunsets I have seen in years.
Been running it for a coupe days. House 78 degrees with windows open. Good house, nice chair, good stove, and enough acres of white oak and hickory that I won’t ever run out of wood to put up. Thats what rich is...
Had a stove going all day. Neighbors were here for supper and Euchre games, stove burned down to coals. Need to load it up and go to bed.
It's cold enough here.

But, our house is small and well insulated, if I fire up the furnace it just
smolders.

So, electric heat in the kitchen and living room. Meanwhile, the window a/c
is on fan here in the bedroom.

Pretty cold, I'll soon be cold enough to cover up and fall asleep.

Night, night!
No such luck.

Hmmmmm,.... cozy motel room.
The ole Fisher is smolderin away here.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
started out @ 32 this morning in MS

I had Mississippi temps this morning. My thermometer said it was Tupelo!
Originally Posted by jackmountain

I assume that plate steel on the top is additional to the original stove... seems like a really smart idea for extra heat transfer... I'd like to see a few more pics from the side (i.e. how it was built).
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by jackmountain

I assume that plate steel on the top is additional to the original stove... seems like a really smart idea for extra heat transfer... I'd like to see a few more pics from the side (i.e. how it was built).

Jfc jack mountain you were the last guy in the whole god damned world I thought would drink light beer. Mb
I miss having one
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan
[Linked Image]

That a Fisher?
Originally Posted by roundoak
Had a stove going all day. Neighbors were here for supper and Euchre games, stove burned down to coals. Need to load it up and go to bed.

A fine sight!

I've been burning in an open fireplace the last couple weeks, so don't qualify for yes to the OP's question.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I sure wish I was!
This time of year? Every night!! smile
© 24hourcampfire