Home
Posted By: PaulBarnard NRA Wants Me To Renew - 11/15/21
I guess they didn't get the message the previous two times I told them I was done. As long as they continue to send postage paid envelopes I'll keep trying to help them get a clue.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: dale06 Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 11/15/21
I’m a patron so no need to renew. But they want more money to move up a level.
I sent a similar note to them, today.
Posted By: Ringman Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 11/15/21
Name one good thing the NRA did for gun owners. I'm seventy-seven and can't remember one.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 11/15/21
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I guess they didn't get the message the previous two times I told them I was done. As long as they continue to send postage paid envelopes I'll keep trying to help them get a clue.

laughing! That's what I do.
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 11/15/21
I've always hated the NRA, and caught chiit for it many times here.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 11/15/21

They got the hint with me, I receive nothing from the NRA anymore.
Posted By: prplbkrr Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 11/15/21
GOA

https://www.gunowners.org/
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 11/15/21
Originally Posted by prplbkrr

Joined them a while back.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 11/15/21

Who’s the real idiot here? You just blew the opportunity to win a new pickup!
Posted By: rem141r Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 11/15/21
they are still a major deterrent to the gun grabbers so i'm still a member and will continue. but i don't send them any extra money. wayne's closet is full.
Posted By: dale06 Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 11/15/21
Originally Posted by Ringman
Name one good thing the NRA did for gun owners. I'm seventy-seven and can't remember one.

I believe they have contributed to many political campaigns of pro 2A candidates.
Posted By: Papag Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 11/15/21
I figured once I got to Benefactor level they'd leave me alone. Hell, the invented new classes to try to pry more money out of me for Wayne's dumb African trips, bespoke suits and homes.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 11/15/21
Originally Posted by 12344mag

They got the hint with me, I receive nothing from the NRA anymore.

Same here. After a scheit pile of vitriol filled emails back in Jan of 2020 for not doing more in their own state to stop Northam I get nothing but the magazine. I’m a life member so can’t stop that, but I quit giving to the NRA ILA. GOA and VCDL gets my $.
Posted By: 57springer Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 11/15/21

laugh laugh
Posted By: strikeu Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 11/16/21
what do Y'all think of NAGR?

I'm a GOA contributor regularly. couple of T-shirts.
Posted By: dimecovers5 Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 11/16/21
Can someone explain the politics of why they keep Wayne when they know it's costing them a boat load of money?
Posted By: Bobmar Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 11/16/21
Because “they” is him!
Y’all better quit it. Your gonna make WATCH4QUEERS cry. Again. 😜
Posted By: 5thShock Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 11/16/21
"Because “they” is him!"
Ah, a student of the wise opossum Pogo, perhaps?
Posted By: RiverRider Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 11/16/21
Originally Posted by dale06

I believe they have contributed to many political campaigns of pro 2A candidates.

Yeah. Like Harry Reid.

Thanks, NRA...but NO THANKS.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 11/16/21
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Y’all better quit it. Your gonna make WATCH4QUEERS cry. Again. 😜

[Linked Image from texashuntingforum.com]
Posted By: Fiddy Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 11/16/21
NRA = Negotiating Rights Away

GOA all the way.

Edit: I became a life member of NRA in my teens or early 20s. I've just not been happy with them at all.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 11/16/21
Originally Posted by Bobmar
Because “they” is him!

Touche'...

Yep, it's evidently a top down organization, the Board, it seems, is just window dressing.

Wayne's there for the duration, well as long as the ship is afloat.

DF
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 11/16/21
Tell them I said to kiss you and me on the rusty grommet. Unless and until they rid themselves and us, of Wayne.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 11/16/21
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Tell them I said to kiss you and me on the rusty grommet. Unless and until they rid themselves and us, of Wayne.

Yeah, as an Endowment Member, I think I've bought enough "stuff" for Wayne.

He and them are on their own as far as I'm concerned. They're off my payroll, for sure.

DF
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 11/16/21
They called me on Sunday looking for money for a campaign. I told them a phone call on a Sunday was not appreciated. I blocked their number but they will get around that as well.

My gun club requires NRA membership as well as a concealed carry permit(or evidence of a handgun permit) to even get considered. 4 year backlog for membership.
Posted By: Hastings Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/19/22
Just got the nicest email from NRA. Wayne is encouraging me to include the NRA in my estate planning. I do not plan to participate. But fair warning to those of you who do. If you want NRA to pay their share of probate expenses you had better be very explicit in your instructions in your will that anyone benefitting from your estate pays and put the words "this requirement includes the NRA" . I can tell you from personal experience they will weasel out and refuse to pay if they can. I helped settle an elder cousin's estate and he inserted the words expected to pay instead of required to pay and the NRA would not pay.
Posted By: T_O_M Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/19/22

I don't know that I'd say the NRA did it, but my gun club requires NRA membership for club membership / range use because the club's liability insurance is through the NRA. No membership = no shoot here. Since it's the only range in reasonable distance other than "the suicide range" (with the sloppy gun handling, people shooting while others are downrange pulling targets, etc, the name is well-earned) I'll maintain my NRA membership, Wayne or no Wayne.

Tom
Posted By: Mike_S Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/19/22
Originally Posted by T_O_M

I don't know that I'd say the NRA did it, but my gun club requires NRA membership for club membership / range use because the club's liability insurance is through the NRA. No membership = no shoot here. Since it's the only range in reasonable distance other than "the suicide range" (with the sloppy gun handling, people shooting while others are downrange pulling targets, etc, the name is well-earned) I'll maintain my NRA membership, Wayne or no Wayne.

Tom

Similar situation for me as well.
Posted By: 1Longbow Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/19/22
Sent my renewal back with a note that ,I'll not renew until wayne is gone
Posted By: Tarquin Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/19/22
They called me the other day dunning for money. I asked the caller 'Is Wayne still there?" Kid said "yes". I said "I'll donate when he's gone."
Posted By: ironbender Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/19/22

No doubt.
They also gave people like D Mark Begich an “A” rating based on their lies on a questionnaire. The NRA seal of approval was then bandied about during the US Senate campaign. Somehow, NRA was unaware
of little marky’s membership in Bloomberg’s mayors against guns group, when marky was Anchorage mayor.

Posted By: ribka Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/19/22

Believe or not the NRA was instrumental in Getting Harry Reid and Bernie Sanders elected
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/19/22
Originally Posted by NVhntr

laughing! That's what I do.

Xoxo....Paul.
Posted By: Ken_L Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/19/22
When I hear the opposition complain about the GOA I will join but I always hear the opposition complaining about the NRA.
Posted By: skeen Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/19/22
Though, like most, I share the negative sentiment about Wayne I'll continue to contribute towards the 2nd amendment cause, which like it or not is spearheaded by the NRA.

In addition, I'd encourage you to give to the GOA.
Posted By: reivertom Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/19/22
Years before Wayne got caught with his hand in the cookie jar, I became a "Life Member". Little did I know what a scam that was. I mean so much to the NRA, they still send me membership drive and renewal junk mail every year as if I was a total stranger. Now, anytime I can get one of their "postage paid" envelopes, I use it to send them a nasty gram about their golden boy and his minions.
Posted By: worriedman Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/19/22

They contributed a lot to Harry Reid, does that count?
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/19/22
Originally Posted by ribka

Believe or not the NRA was instrumental in Getting Harry Reid and Bernie Sanders elected

Favorite quote by some folks I know. The Democrats left me, I did not leave the Party.
Democrats have not always been anti Second amendment. Hasbeen
Posted By: skeen Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/19/22
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945

Favorite quote by some folks I know. The Democrats left me, I did not leave the Party.
Democrats have not always been anti Second amendment. Hasbeen

That was Ronald Reagan said that, right?
Posted By: Hastings Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/19/22
At the time they were both pro private gun ownership. Vermont is pro-gun. The NRA was right on that.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/19/22

G.O.A.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/19/22
Originally Posted by Papag
I figured once I got to Benefactor level they'd leave me alone. Hell, the invented new classes to try to pry more money out of me for Wayne's dumb African trips, bespoke suits and homes.

Same deal here. You'd think they'd know we were Benefactor level members.

But, still getting hustled for money, perks, etc. They just throw the net, don't care who they snare.

They don't even have my suit size. But, I'm sure Wayne's tailor has his.

DF
Posted By: JeffyD Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/20/22
My gun club requires NRA membership as well, but it's a bitter pill to swallow.

Feeling pretty good, however, about having joined GOA a couple of months ago.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/20/22
Originally Posted by Ken_L
When I hear the opposition complain about the GOA I will join but I always hear the opposition complaining about the NRA.

Frankly, I hear more NRA members complaining about the NRA.

They could have fixed this years ago, and been the strongest group of gun owner's rights advocates in history.

But they divided the ranks and continued to do so.

I'll not give them one more nickel as long as WLP is there.

My donations and extra money go to the GOA now.

I hear about what the GOA is doing to make a difference. All I hear about the NRA is that they need more money from me.
Posted By: 1minute Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/20/22
Likely, Wayne appointed more than half of the board.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/20/22
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Ken_L

Frankly, I hear more NRA members complaining about the NRA.

They could have fixed this years ago, and been the strongest group of gun owner's rights advocates in history.

But they divided the ranks and continued to do so.

I'll not give them one more nickel as long as WLP is there.

My donations and extra money go to the GOA now.

I hear about what the GOA is doing to make a difference. All I hear about the NRA is that they need more money from me.

Lifetime member of the NRA but they’ll not see another dime from me as long as WLP draws a wage. VCDL and GOA get my hard earned $$
Posted By: renegade50 Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/20/22

Nice...👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/20/22
I write the same response minus the expletives.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/20/22
It,s gotta suck being the minon opening up this type of return mail

Today's tally sheet.
3478 GFY,s in various ways from across the nation

122 renewals.
57 new memberships
156 donations, 155 of those were a single penny in the envelope.
🤣🤣🤣🤣😆
Posted By: kennyd Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/20/22
Membership for gun club requirement. This year the president complained about those of us who renew in February so now I have to start renewing a year in advance. It was voted on last year and was kept. A few members are starting to question the constant rubber stamping of monies spent by the club.

Back to NRA. It reminds me of lots of businesses with their raffles , contests, and smoke.
Posted By: bobinpa Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/20/22
I'm a lifetime Benefactor member and I don't hate the NRA. I think over the years they have done us gun owners some good, but right now their leadership stinks and needs to go!!! Until they clean house I too right them notes and send them in with their pre paid envelope. Not another dime from me until WLP is gone!!
Posted By: Old Ornery Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/20/22
Yes, get rid of that POS Wayne.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/20/22
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
Yes, get rid of that POS Wayne.

The unfortunate way the NRA is evidently structured, seems WLP is the NRA, with top down governance. The Board appears more window dressing than governance. Ideally the Board should have the power, hire and fire CEO’s like most corporate structures.

IMO, WLP will ride this one into the ground. If he really loved the NRA, he’d bow out. Don’t see that happening. WLP loves WLP, evidently not much else matters to him.

DF
Posted By: rost495 Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/20/22
For presence, I think every last gun owner should be an NRA member. Even if only an annual one.

There are other good or better groups out there and I urge every gun owner to support those as much as they can.

Not supporting NRA doesn't make good sense to me. But they don't get extra.... anyone can afford an annual.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/20/22

I have sent them almost exactly the same note. They obviously don't get it because I continue to receive their garbage.
Posted By: Riverc Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/20/22
Never joined up with NRA from what I'm reading here won't waste my money.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/20/22
I dropped until they fire Wayne. Wrote that on last renewal statement. A shame I was a member for almost 40 years.
Posted By: cas6969 Re: NRA Wants Me To Renew - 01/21/22
[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]
© 24hourcampfire