Home
Posted By: Jahrs Generals and Gods - 11/19/21
Movie from 2002 I think. Watching it now, great movie. Don’t know how I missed it.

...Gods and Generals excellent movie on the civil war.
Posted By: MarkWV Re: Generals and Gods - 11/19/21
Yes it was. Stephen Lang killed the role as Genl. Thomas “Stonewall” Jackson and as Genl Pickett in Gettysburg.
Posted By: Jahrs Re: Generals and Gods - 11/19/21
Originally Posted by MarkWV
Yes it was. Stephen Lang killed the role as Genl. Thomas “Stonewall” Jackson and as Genl Pickett in Gettysburg.

He sure did kill it!
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Generals and Gods - 11/19/21
I went to see it in the theater when it was released. Heck, what year was that!
I thought it was decent, but way too long.
I’d much rather if they’re willing to go that long, why not go whole hog and really cover what happened. Say along the lines of HBO’s series about John Adams.
Could you imagine of they’d do something similar to “Band of Brothers” or “From The Earth To The Moon” with the commanders of the Army Of The Potomac and the Army of Northern Virginia?
I know that if it were decently acted and historically accurate, me and probably thousands of others would buy it and watch it over and over.
Heck, I’ve watched “John Adams” and “Band of Brothers” at least 5 times.
7mm
Posted By: bellydeep Re: Generals and Gods - 11/19/21
Good Lord, that was the slowest movie I’ve ever watched.
I’ll probably put it on my Christmas list that I make up to help Wifey shopping. We each make a list of several things we’d like to help with shopping.
Carol was easy to buy for, but Penny makes it really tough as she has narrower areas of interest.
I forgot Robert Duval as General Lee. I was disappointed and a little disgusted with Martin Sheen in Gettysburg.
7mm
Posted By: Ramdiesel Re: Generals and Gods - 11/19/21
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I went to see it in the theater when it was released. Heck, what year was that!
I thought it was decent, but way too long.
I’d much rather if they’re willing to go that long, why not go whole hog and really cover what happened. Say along the lines of HBO’s series about John Adams.
Could you imagine of they’d do something similar to “Band of Brothers” or “From The Earth To The Moon” with the commanders of the Army Of The Potomac and the Army of Northern Virginia?
I know that if it were decently acted and historically accurate, me and probably thousands of others would buy it and watch it over and over.
Heck, I’ve watched “John Adams” and “Band of Brothers” at least 5 times.
7mm

Band of Brothers was awesome, and I thought that really must have been hell on earth if that is what it was like when I watched it, but then I saw "The Pacific" series on HBO. That truly looked like hell on esrth in WWII...
I saw bits a pieces of “The Pacific”, but haven’t got the DVD yet.
I’ve enjoyed several books by Robert Leckie. I think he’s a top notch author.
7mm
Posted By: OldHat Re: Generals and Gods - 11/19/21
Looks like it is well worth watching.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Generals and Gods - 11/19/21
I have the movie on DVD, the wife bought me after it came out on video. I have never watched it. I just can't watch anything about the Civil War.

Band of Brothers and the Pacific, I can watch that with no problem., and have both on video.

its hard to watch much on the Revolutionary War either.
Posted By: barnabus Re: Generals and Gods - 11/19/21
Originally Posted by Seafire
I have the movie on DVD, the wife bought me after it came out on video. I have never watched it. I just can't watch anything about the Civil War.

Band of Brothers and the Pacific, I can watch that with no problem., and have both on video.

its hard to watch much on the Revolutionary War either.

why cant you watch anything civil war...u a snowflake or something?
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Generals and Gods - 11/19/21
Posted By: Jahrs Re: Generals and Gods - 11/19/21
Originally Posted by OldHat
Looks like it is well worth watching.

You will not be disappointed. Others maybe but not you
... men whom love our Creator will like it a lot!
© 24hourcampfire