Home
Posted By: ratsmacker Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
On Thanksgiving Day, I got word that my uncle had passed. He was a Navy veteran of WWII, flying in a spotter aircraft off a cruiser or battleship. He didn't talk much about it.

Then yesterday, my mother, who had fought off several bouts of cancer, passed away. Mom went into hospice care at the hospital earlier this week, and I'm glad that she was well taken-care-of with good meds. to ease her pain. She was 86, and had a good life in her latter years, until this cancer got to her.

I'll be pretty busy trying to get arrangements made for her funeral and such, she wanted to be buried next to my brother and her parents in our family cemetery in rural Missouri. We'll do our best to honor her wishes.

Dunno about my uncle's arrangements. My cousin Paul will be handling those, and they'll probably conflict with Mom's. Such is life, I guess.

If you want to say some prayers, say them for Paul, he lost a brother last year, and his wife earlier this year, along with his father just Thanksgiving Day, and his mother doesn't have a clue who he his (Alzheimer's).

Paul could use the prayers, my sister and I can handle Mom's business, but Paul is probably pretty overwhelmed right now,
Thanks.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
My deepest condolences !!! So sorry to hear
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
Tough road, hang in there.
Posted By: hosfly Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
I pray you have strength for your family at thia time
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
Thoughts and prayers from Iowa for all of you. Take care of each other as well as the arrangements.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
🙏🙏🙏
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
Oh man, my heart goes out to you all and Paul. So sorry for your loss. May the Lord help you all in this time of tremendous sorrow. Perhaps there family that can assist Paul or close friends. I hope so.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
Prayers from me, may our Lord grant you strength.
Posted By: Houston_2 Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
You bet.

Life comes at us hard and fast at times.
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
You sound like a family that gets along well! Prayers to you and Oaul!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
Prayers for your family!
Sorry for your double loss....
It sounds like your uncle merits a national serviceman's cemetary. There is often a wait of at least a month on those, but the VA picks up the tab. Check with the VA if interested. I may have the contact info around somewhere if you are interested.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
I'm sorry for your losses, Ratsmacker.
Posted By: dakota300rum Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
You and Paul and family are going through tough times. My condolénces one gains strength from faith and family. Paul is fortunate to have you as a cousin. Prayers for all.
Posted By: troublesome82 Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
I will say some prayers for you and your family, Dude! Hang tough! Holidays can be brutal!
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
Sir, I am sorry for your losses.
Posted By: worriedman Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
May the Lord bless your family with peace and understanding.
Posted By: worriedman Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
May the Lord bless your family with peace and understanding.
Posted By: g5m Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
My sincerest condolences to you and your immediate and extended family.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
Godspeed. And His peace for you all.
Posted By: crittrgittr Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
Sorry to here this, prayers
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
My condolences. That is rough.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
Prayer sent for God to reassure you, cousin Paul and your family that He is with you and will ease your burden of sorrow.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
My condolences and prayers for you and your family.
Posted By: JTrapper73 Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
That’s a tough week. So sorry. Will include you in my prayers.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
Tough times.. Heart felt condolences on your family's losses.... Sad to say, but many of us are wandering into that stage of life, loosing loved ones that we grew up with, looking up to them as aunts, uncles, moms, dads, grandparents... and then one day they are gone... and we take that spot over in our family.. being the older ones.

I am thankful when I see those that have made it well into their 80s and 90s.

I pray there is a heaven, and each of those that have gone before us, are now forever young and only know happiness, love and peace within their existence.

Came to the realization long ago, the body is just a vehicle for the soul and its existence on this crazy planet.

Our loved ones pass, but then they are always with us.

its just hard not to love and miss them when they are gone....

Last time I was back home, I stood by my grandfather's. grandmother's and my brother's graves, side by side, who passed away in 1968, 1959, and 1970.. and recalled them, having passed away 50 to 60 years ago or more. I remember then, but its hard to believe they ever existed. But I somehow felt each of their presence there paying my respects.

Prayers to you and your family members going thru these difficult times. May the peace of the Lord be with each of you in your loss.
'
Posted By: superlight17b Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
Prayers sent.
Posted By: MarkWV Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
Sorry for your loss OP.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
Sorry to hear. My condolences to you and family.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
That's rough.

.Godspeed to your loved ones and condolences to the family and friends.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Rough couple of days - 11/27/21
Ratsmacker ,

Rough couple of days indeed , prayers for all .
May they rest in peace .
© 24hourcampfire