Me too, just now. 😂
Posted By: slumlord Re: What bullet do you like - 12/01/21
Pissing contest develops on 6th page
Posted By: LBP Re: What bullet do you like - 12/01/21
158 gr Gold Dot
Posted By: stxhunter Re: What bullet do you like - 12/01/21
hard cast
Posted By: rickt300 Re: What bullet do you like - 12/01/21
https://www.gtbullets.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=5
Posted By: mirage243 Re: What bullet do you like - 12/01/21
Hard cast no doubt, I use one from CKB Bullet company. Quality product and excellent service.
Posted By: mirage243 Re: What bullet do you like - 12/01/21
CKB Bullets 815-355-7722 Ken is the man
Posted By: 12344mag Re: What bullet do you like - 12/01/21
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Out of a .357 lever, for hogs and deer?

I’m not up to speed on these.

The one that is buried in the chest of a Liberal douche bag....... wink
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: What bullet do you like - 12/01/21
Agree with the cast bullet, but would specify it not be a roundnose. And would also say that harder isn't necessarily better. You want it harder than pure lead, but it doesn't have to be harder than your mother-in-law's stare, either.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: What bullet do you like - 12/01/21
Well let me tell you something sonny about .357 bullets in a lever gun...
Back in 1964 after I got the hometown hook up doc to 4f my azz from the draft.
We used to melt down blah blah blah and make blah blah blah bullets with blah blah blah mould and we shot blah blah blah with it.

And thats what you need to do yourself sonny.
Any other way is wrong and blah blah blah.

Berry's bullets might be a option for ya.
If ya aint gonna go the casting route..

Basically lead copper washed similar to .22 copper washed.

Honestly IDGAF .
Just wanted ta be a dik in a roundabout way while telling ya about berry's bullets which I see all the time.

👍👍👍😁😁😁😁
Posted By: 12344mag Re: What bullet do you like - 12/01/21
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1018229522?pid=714533
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: What bullet do you like - 12/01/21
Berry's are indeed good bullets. I reviewed them as being between a cast lead and a jacketed bullet. They have soft cores and electroplated "jackets" that are quite thin. It's thicker than a "wash" and thinner than a drawn copper jacket. I don't think that Berry's calls them hunting bullets, though, and it's probably wiser to not use them as such.
Posted By: NEBHUNTER Re: What bullet do you like - 12/01/21
Hornady XTP
Posted By: EdM Re: What bullet do you like - 12/01/21
I am generally a hard cast guy but I loaded 180 gr XTP's (my Ruger Maximum shoots them well) for my son's Henry. He swatted two hogs and a deer with it last year. I just bought two boxes of them last week.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: What bullet do you like - 12/01/21

Thats a pretty good solution.
Perfect for tube fed lever rifle.
And those 140,s will get some fps.

Attention Sandbilly
Attention Sandbilly
12344mag has given you a possible solution.

👍👍👍👍👍
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: What bullet do you like - 12/01/21

Maybe you should just go “ol school” and beat a hog to death with one of these.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

😂🤣

🦫
Another vote for the Hornady 180 gr. XTP....using 14.8 grs of Hodgdon Lil'gun in a Marlin 1894.
Posted By: cooperfan Re: What bullet do you like - 12/01/21
Google fury bullets

.358 size 180 grain are devastating out of my 357 max on deer

They are extremely accurate as well
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: What bullet do you like - 12/01/21
158 xtp flat nose not HP.

Bb
Posted By: hanco Re: What bullet do you like - 12/01/21
Originally Posted by LBP
158 gr Gold Dot

That
Posted By: jwp475 Re: What bullet do you like - 12/01/21
Originally Posted by EdM
I am generally a hard cast guy but I loaded 180 gr XTP's (my Ruger Maximum shoots them well) for my son's Henry. He swatted two hogs and a deer with it last year. I just bought two boxes of them last week.

This^^^^^^^^^^^ I agree 180 grain especially from a rifle
Posted By: jaguartx Re: What bullet do you like - 12/01/21

None.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: What bullet do you like - 12/01/21
Thought I might have the XTP or FTX, I finally found them and they’re 140gr XTP. Guess I could work a trade for something.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: What bullet do you like - 12/01/21
Originally Posted by jaguartx

None.

?
I have known a couple of guys who shot nice bucks with the cal in a pistol. No telling if they succumbed from the bullet or old age.

If it wouldnt take out Big Cat Williams i want something with more energy.

On the evening of November 29, 1964, during the height of the civil unrest of the American Civil Rights Movement, a car driven by Williams was stopped near Houston, Texas, by highway Patrolman Dale Witten, who stated afterwards Williams was speeding. According to the police report Williams resisted arrest, and the officer's .357 magnum revolver went off during an ensuing struggle, hitting Williams in the stomach and lodging in his right hip. Williams had to undergo four operations in the next seven months for colon damage and an injured right kidney. The right kidney had to be removed in June 1965. Doctors could not extract the bullet, which had broken his right hip joint and caused partial paralysis of some of the hip's muscles, he also lost over 10 feet (3.0 m) of his small intestine, and sustained nerve damage which affected his left leg above the knee and caused it to atrophy as a result.[2] Hugh Benbow, his manager, and Sonny Liston, former world champion, visited Cleveland Williams in the hospital. After his partial recovery Williams was fined $50 and briefly jailed after pleading no contest to charges arising from the incident. (Patrolman Witten visited Williams to wish him luck the day before his 1966 fight with Muhammad Ali, with both men saying they had "no hard feelings" toward the other).[3]

Recovery and return to boxing Edit
The injury, surgeries and subsequent convalescence caused Williams to lose over 60 pounds, and over 17 months of his career. He regained his weight and strength by tossing 80-pound bales of hay daily on a cattle ranch till he had regained his fighting weight and physique. On February 8, 1966, Williams received a standing ovation from the Houston crowd as he returned to the ring, and knocked out Ben Black in the first round.[4]

Williams competed for the heavyweight championship against Muhammad Ali on November 14, 1966, but was badly outclassed, and was knocked down twice in the third round ending the match. Williams retired from boxing after the 1966 Championship defeat, but later made a comeback. Although able to defeat journeymen fighters, he suffered several knockout losses before retiring permanently in 1972.

Later life Edit
The Ring in the 1980s reported he worked as a forklift truck driver in his later years.[citation needed]

Death Edit
On 3 September 1999 Williams was knocked down by a car in a hit and run accident while walking across a street in Houston, Texas; he died of his injuries at Ben Taub Hospital on 10 September 1999 at the age of 66.[5] Williams was buried in Paradise North Cemetery in Houston.[6]

Tributes Edit
He ended his career with a record of 80 wins (60 KOs), 13 losses and 1 draw. George Foreman interviewed in retirement described Williams as possessing one of the three hardest punches he had experienced professionally, also stating that he and Williams had been sparring partners in their early careers.[citation needed] George Chuvalo also said Williams was one of the hardest punchers he had faced in his own professional career. Williams, aged 38, lost by decision to veteran Chuvalo over 10 rounds at the Astrodome in Houston, Texas, in November 1971.[7]
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: What bullet do you like - 12/01/21
Most of the animals I've taken were with the
Sierra #8340. Some were with the Speer 4217
and some with the XTP, all with 2400 and standard primers.
With the Maximum I used the 180 gr XTP.
That was a week ago. Blew a hole like a 300WM

The regular 357 was a Marlin and a Handi rifle ,
and last year the Handi became a Maxi

I don't use popgun charges for any of these.
I want them to plow through, and they don't
disappoint. The 357 and 44 mag rifles I have
do a great job on deer and swine

Good Luck
Posted By: Blackheart Re: What bullet do you like - 12/01/21
I have known a couple of guys who shot nice bucks with the cal in a pistol. No telling if they succumbed from the bullet or old age.

On the evening of November 29, 1964, during the height of the civil unrest of the American Civil Rights Movement, a car driven by Williams was stopped near Houston, Texas, by highway Patrolman Dale Witten, who stated afterwards Williams was speeding. According to the police report Williams resisted arrest, and the officer's .357 magnum revolver went off during an ensuing struggle, hitting Williams in the stomach and lodging in his right hip. Williams had to undergo four operations in the next seven months for colon damage and an injured right kidney. The right kidney had to be removed in June 1965. Doctors could not extract the bullet, which had broken his right hip joint and caused partial paralysis of some of the hip's muscles, he also lost over 10 feet (3.0 m) of his small intestine, and sustained nerve damage which affected his left leg above the knee and caused it to atrophy as a result.[2] Hugh Benbow, his manager, and Sonny Liston, former world champion, visited Cleveland Williams in the hospital. After his partial recovery Williams was fined $50 and briefly jailed after pleading no contest to charges arising from the incident. (Patrolman Witten visited Williams to wish him luck the day before his 1966 fight with Muhammad Ali, with both men saying they had "no hard feelings" toward the other).[3]

The injury, surgeries and subsequent convalescence caused Williams to lose over 60 pounds, and over 17 months of his career. He regained his weight and strength by tossing 80-pound bales of hay daily on a cattle ranch till he had regained his fighting weight and physique. On February 8, 1966, Williams received a standing ovation from the Houston crowd as he returned to the ring, and knocked out Ben Black in the first round.[4]

Williams competed for the heavyweight championship against Muhammad Ali on November 14, 1966, but was badly outclassed, and was knocked down twice in the third round ending the match. Williams retired from boxing after the 1966 Championship defeat, but later made a comeback. Although able to defeat journeymen fighters, he suffered several knockout losses before retiring permanently in 1972.

Later life Edit
The Ring in the 1980s reported he worked as a forklift truck driver in his later years.[citation needed]

Death Edit
On 3 September 1999 Williams was knocked down by a car in a hit and run accident while walking across a street in Houston, Texas; he died of his injuries at Ben Taub Hospital on 10 September 1999 at the age of 66.[5] Williams was buried in Paradise North Cemetery in Houston.[6]

Tributes Edit
He ended his career with a record of 80 wins (60 KOs), 13 losses and 1 draw. George Foreman interviewed in retirement described Williams as possessing one of the three hardest punches he had experienced professionally, also stating that he and Williams had been sparring partners in their early careers.[citation needed] George Chuvalo also said Williams was one of the hardest punchers he had faced in his own professional career. Williams, aged 38, lost by decision to veteran Chuvalo over 10 rounds at the Astrodome in Houston, Texas, in November 1971.[7]
He didn't ask about .357 revolver loads. The .357 is a different animal out of a carbine. I've killed deer with several different 158 gr. sp's and hp's out of a Marlin 1894C with no complaints.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: What bullet do you like - 12/01/21
180 grain Hornady XTP.
Originally Posted by Ranger99
Most of the animals I've taken were with the
Sierra #8340. Some were with the Speer 4217
and some with the XTP, all with 2400 and standard primers.
With the Maximum I used the 180 gr XTP.
That was a week ago. Blew a hole like a 300WM

The regular 357 was a Marlin and a Handi rifle ,
and last year the Handi became a Maxi

I don't use popgun charges for any of these.
I want them to plow through, and they don't
disappoint. The 357 and 44 mag rifles I have
do a great job on deer and swine

Good Luck

Good deal.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: What bullet do you like - 12/02/21
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Later life Edit

Death Edit

Tributes Edit
He didn't ask about .357 revolver loads. The .357 is a different animal out of a carbine. I've killed deer with several different 158 gr. sp's and hp's out of a Marlin 1894C with no complaints.

He asked what bullet i preferred in that animal to get deer.

The answer stands. None. wink
Posted By: Blackheart Re: What bullet do you like - 12/02/21

Later life Edit

Death Edit

Tributes Edit

He asked what bullet i preferred in that animal to get deer.

The answer stands. None. wink
He asked about carbine loads yet all you talked about was revolvers. Not even remotely relevant.
Rong. I talked about Big Cat Williams too.

Im not saying the round cant be made effective.

I attempted to add a bit of levity and to some, who might find it interesting, a bit of little known or remembered info.

Get you tooth unhung.

Again, he asked what round I liked in it. The answer stands. None.

He didnt ask WTF youve killed with it. He asked which bullet we liked. I said none.

Go jump Beavers ass. He told Jesse to use a [bleep].

Im thinking Beaver fughked up and told the wrong guy to use a [bleep].

He didnt ask WTF youve killed with it. He asked which bullet we liked. I said none.

Go jump Beavers ass. He told Jesse to use a [bleep].

Im thinking Beaver fughked up and told the wrong guy to use a [bleep].
Hard to know what bullet you may or may not like or what works/ what doesn't out of a platform you've never used.
PS. I know Jesse can kill a deer humanly with any decent 357 cal bullet. Having hunted with him i know he can take care of business.

I still dont like any in that rig for deer. I too often end up finding and shooting a big buck running through brush or timber or sneaking through it or bedded in thick brush and eyeing me while thinking its safely hidden and unseen as i spend as much as 5 min trying to figure out were to aim trying to get a bullet through brush and bone into the vitals.

If hunting in areas where big bucks may be encountered i want a bullet that will take down a big buck with a Texas heart shot regardless whether i hit the base of the spine or cut a femoral artery.

I want a bullet that will punch through and leave a good blood trail or punch through 3 or more feet of bone and guts to reach the heart or lungs.
PS. I know Jesse can kill a deer humanly with any decent 357 cal bullet. Having hunted with him i now he can take care of business.

I still dont like any in that rig for deer. I too often end up finding and shooting a big buck running through brush or timber or sneaking through it or bedded in thick brush and eyeing me while thinking its safely hidden and unseen as i spend as much as 5 min trying to figure out were to aim trying to get a bullet through brush and bone into the vitals.
Oh, so your situation is "special". LMAO. Wide open shots at broadside deer seldom happen here either.
If i were as great a hunter as you i could do what you do too.

Youre the one who is "special".

Now, sweet dreams. grin
BTW, We'd love to see some pics of you with your big bucks.

We've been waiting with baited breath for years.
If i were as great a hunter as you i could do what you do too.

Youre the one who is "special".

Now, sweet dreams. grin
Maybe you shouldn't offer advice/opinions on subjects you know nothing about. Stick to conspiracy theory bullshyt. You know like Trump and the patriots are in control and together with pillow man and Q are gonna save the world any minute. LOL
Posted By: Armednfree Re: What bullet do you like - 12/02/21
Hornady 168 grain XTP-FP.
Maybe you should read the question before you attack someone else's reply to a question he (Duh, did you forget) he asked.

You're too fughking stupid to know when you lost the argument so you just keep digging your grave deeper.

Im sure Rick would be glad to hire you on as a moderator. Let us know how it goes.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: What bullet do you like - 12/02/21

Later life Edit

Death Edit

Tributes Edit

Not necessarily a ‘get it done’ rifle, Jag, just an itch. I haven’t pulled the trigger this year on a deer or hog, been letting my son do the shooting and have been taking two rifles. Once I see how it performs that might change, depending on where I’m at and what I’m hunting.
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Hornady 168 grain XTP-FP.

This, to make Blackfart happy.

Later life Edit

Death Edit

Tributes Edit

Not necessarily a ‘get it done’ rifle, Jag, just an itch. I haven’t pulled the trigger this year on a deer or hog, been letting my son do the shooting and have been taking two rifles. Once I see how it performs that might change, depending on where I’m at and what I’m hunting.

As i figured, Jesse.

My answer was TIC to draw the trolls out.

You know i wont go with less than a bow. wink

Maybe you should read the question before you attack someone else's reply to a question he (Duh, did you forget) he asked.

You're too fughking stupid to know when you lost the argument so you just keep digging your grave deeper.
I didn't lose anything you drunken fake ass Christian conspiracy nut bag. You spoke up about something you know nothing about and is irrelevant to the question asked. If you weren't such a drunken dumb fuuck you might see it for what it is. More useless drivel. Now why don't you go spout some scripture out of one side of your face while spewing hatred and contempt out of the other. You're pretty good at that.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: What bullet do you like - 12/02/21
Lol, Good to see Bricktop back...........
Hahaha. The word "None" sure triggered you. Have you spent time in a mental institution - yet?

Later life Edit

Death Edit

Tributes Edit

As i figured, Jesse.

My answer was TIC to draw the trolls out.

You know i wont go with less than a bow. wink

I reckon that makes you the troll dipshyt.
Hey Bleckfart, "N O N E". wink
Posted By: slumlord Re: What bullet do you like - 12/02/21
Originally Posted by slumlord

I should get paid

laugh
Hahaha. The word "None" sure triggered you. Have you spent time in a mental institution - yet?
No. Have you been through rehab yet ? You might consider it. Lord knows you could stand to dry out.

I should get paid

laugh
Don't you ?
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Hahaha. Tff.

Its easy to troll guys with balls bigger than brains, Paul.
Posted By: Raferman Re: What bullet do you like - 12/02/21
Friendly smile and a handshake is all the payment Slum needs.

I should get paid

laugh

Well, there is that, and Rene too.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: What bullet do you like - 12/02/21

I should get paid

laugh
Don't you ?

Garnished pay for lack of support for his 3 love babies.

🦫😝
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Hahaha. Tff.

Its easy to troll guys with balls bigger than brains, Paul.

More talk about things you know nothing about, balls and brains. LMAO
Has anyone, aside from me, actually helped SB with a bullet choice for his pew-pew ?

🦫
If some guys had more brains than balls they could take a pic and show us their bucks, unless there was a little hole in the forehead.
If some guys had more brains than balls they could take a pic and show us their bucks, unless there was a little hole in the forehead.
Oh darn, I forgot I was dealing with those perpetualty stuck at 8 years of age that need pictures to understand again. LOL
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Has anyone, aside from me, actually helped SB with a bullet choice for his pew-pew ?

🦫
I told him about any 158 gr sp or hp seems to work fine. But hey, better ask jag, since he's killed so much with his .357 carbines.

🦫

Hey azzwhole. He din ask about dill doughs. Those dont schhot fer crap outta 357 riffles. wink

🦫
I told him about any 158 gr sp or hp seems to work fine. But hey, better ask jag, since he's killed so much with his .357 carbines.

Should do the trick.

🦫
Posted By: mirage243 Re: What bullet do you like - 12/02/21

🦫

I tried, but quickly realized that hard cast won't kill sheit 🤣

🦫

Hey azzwhole. He din ask about dill doughs. Those dont schhot fer crap outta 357 riffles. wink

He didn’t did he? I figured my buddy already has a case of them and knows how dangerous they are on game animals.

LMAO

🦫

PS

SB, please don’t put me on ignore...LOL
Originally Posted by mirage243

🦫

Welcome to the stupid room, mirage. Got a seat open right next to me.

🦫
Originally Posted by mirage243

🦫

I’m looking at those. Lot of advice here! Lol

Thanks
Posted By: Clarkm Re: What bullet do you like - 12/02/21
Pistol cartridges for killing... Speer Gold Dot

Rifle for varmints..... Hornady Vmax

Rifle for ruminants... Nosler ballistic tip
Anything hardcast 158 grains and up.

Buffalo Bore, maybe.

🦫

Yep. I’ve killed quite a few hogs with a 180 gr WFN LBT Hard Cast bullet.

🦫

He didn’t did he? I figured my buddy already has a case of them and knows how dangerous they are on game animals.

LMAO

🦫

PS

Yep, and i know he has the guns to get the job done when he gets serious, like one sighted in to kill at 800 yds and I killed a BC muley with the other one.

🦫

LMAO

🦫

PS

You sumbitch. This almost slipped by, now it’s on.
Posted By: slumlord Re: What bullet do you like - 12/02/21
I like hard cast boolits myself. We killed a pile of deer with them last weekend!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Posted By: GRF Re: What bullet do you like - 12/02/21
Sandbilly: no practical experience on beasties with the .357 but based upon shots into wet and dry mixed paper I would lean toward 180 grain bullets either the XTP or a hard cast truncated cone flatnose.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: What bullet do you like - 12/02/21

🦫

I did I did!!

🦫

LMAO

🦫

PS

Oh, hell no. Please dont pound the Beaver!

🦫

LMAO

🦫

PS

Beavers love that [bleep].
Barnes XPB?

Have any of you jack offs used this one?
Posted By: Masshunter Re: What bullet do you like - 12/02/21
Just my two cents, not knowing what rifle, my early Marlin 357 has micro-groove rifling so I would not use cast bullets in mine. I use bigger guns for deer, but have shot maybe a dozen coyotes using factory Federal 158 HP and SP rounds that are from the mid 80's. The results were impressive,big exit wounds, most one shot kills. I recovered a couple bullets and they had textbook mushrooming. These were eastern coyotes averaging 35 to 45 pounds, I weigh them in the field and they stay there. Based on my limited observations I would stay away from bullets designed for handguns for deer if it was me, seem to expand too soon.I have no experience with hogs.
Originally Posted by Masshunter
Just my two cents, not knowing what rifle, my early Marlin 357 has micro-groove rifling so I would not use cast bullets in mine. I use bigger guns for deer, but have shot maybe a dozen coyotes using factory Federal 158 HP and SP rounds that are from the mid 80's. The results were impressive,big exit wounds, most one shot kills. I recovered a couple bullets and they had textbook mushrooming. These were eastern coyotes averaging 35 to 45 pounds, I weigh them in the field and they stay there. Based on my limited observations I would stay away from bullets designed for handguns for deer if it was me, seem to expand too soon.I have no experience with hogs.
I got pass throughs with broadside lung shots on deer with factory 158 gr. Winchester sp's. A quartering to shoulder shot exited the rear ribcage on the off side with same. Win and Rem 158 hp's were usually found nicely mushroomed against off side hide on broadside shots while 158 gr Hornady xtp's most often exited.. No deer went more thasn 60 yards after being shot. One at just over 200 yards with 158 gr Remington HP exited on a broadside lung shot and the deer was down in 40 yards.
Posted By: scrooster Re: What bullet do you like - 12/02/21
I've taken a half dozen whitetails with a Marlin 1894 CB LTD and more than a dozen pigs with the same carbine ... just not big pigs. Garden variety wild pigs that we have a lot of around here.

SWC 158 hardcast work fine on pigs under 100 pounds but but you really need to load for velocities up in the 1500 fps range and keep your shots under 50 meters.

Pigs over 100 pounds you need to hardcast into the 170-180 grain weight range and still keep your velocities over 1250 fps.

Whitetails, your 158 grain White Box Winchester JSPs are just fine inside of 75 meters. If you handload there are a couple of good polymer-filled HPs out there that hold together well and that will allow you to get the speeds on-up-there ... Hornady FTX is one, Federal makes one ... name escapes me at the moment but I keep hearing how good it is, it's a newer line made for straight walled cartridges .... Hammerdown maybe? The Leverevolution stuff is all good, I've used that more than anything on whitetails out of my leverguns. My wife sort of took over my 1894 CB LTD after she had her first luck with it and I went back to my old reliables ... there are a lot more options out there, for levergun hunters, than there used to be. The Leverevolution stuff was ground-breaking but honestly I took so many pigs and whitetails with the old JSP stuff along with some lazercast hardcast stuff, especially with the 44 mag, the 444 Marlin and the 45-70, .... the Leverevolution stuff really helped with the 357 crowd.
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
I like hard cast boolits myself. We killed a pile of deer with them last weekend!

Nice deer!

LoL

🦫

Nice deer!

LoL

🦫

Hahaha, tff. Winner, winner...
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

🦫

I did I did!!

Noice!

👊🏽🦫
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: What bullet do you like - 12/02/21
Marlin micro groove rifles will shoot cast just fine
with the correct bullet diameter

Slug the barrel like you're supposed to, and you'll
learn the correct diameter bullet for your specific rifle

I keyholed a goodly quantity of .429 cast before I
realized that I didn't slug the barrel to see what I
needed to use with one of mine. The correctly
sized .433 bullets do just dandy
Originally Posted by SCRooster
I've taken a half dozen whitetails with a Marlin 1894 CB LTD and more than a dozen pigs with the same carbine ... just not big pigs. Garden variety wild pigs that we have a lot of around here.

SWC 158 hardcast work fine on pigs under 100 pounds but but you really need to load for velocities up in the 1500 fps range and keep your shots under 50 meters.

Pigs over 100 pounds you need to hardcast into the 170-180 grain weight range and still keep your velocities over 1250 fps.

Whitetails, your 158 grain White Box Winchester JSPs are just fine inside of 75 meters. If you handload there are a couple of good polymer-filled HPs out there that hold together well and that will allow you to get the speeds on-up-there ... Hornady FTX is one, Federal makes one ... name escapes me at the moment but I keep hearing how good it is, it's a newer line made for straight walled cartridges .... Hammerdown maybe? The Leverevolution stuff is all good, I've used that more than anything on whitetails out of my leverguns. My wife sort of took over my 1894 CB LTD after she had her first luck with it and I went back to my old reliables ... there are a lot more options out there, for levergun hunters, than there used to be. The Leverevolution stuff was ground-breaking but honestly I took so many pigs and whitetails with the old JSP stuff along with some lazercast hardcast stuff, especially with the 44 mag, the 444 Marlin and the 45-70, .... the Leverevolution stuff really helped with the 357 crowd.

Good stuff, Rooster.

Humm, im wondering if the term Leverrevolution dates back to Lincoln's Henry Rifle.

https://amhistory.si.edu/militaryhistory/collection/object.asp?ID=3#:~:text=The%20Henry%2C%20the%20first%20practical,Department%20between%201862%20and%201865.

Originally Posted by SCRooster

Those are all very mild velocities out of a carbine barrel. Factory 158 jsp/hp ammo usually clocks 1750-1800 fps out of my 1894C. Handloads with H110/296 will get over 1800 and almost 2000 fps with Lil' Gun.

Nice deer!

LoL

🦫

Should have planted a food plot for em

🦫

LMAO

🦫

PS

Beavers love that [bleep].

Umm, no they don’t.

Listen to jag....Don’t pound Beaver.

LOL

🦫
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: What bullet do you like - 12/02/21
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Barnes XPB?

Tried em, couldn't make em fly straight

I've never had any kind of luck with any
of the barnes products I've tried
I cast my own 158 semi wadcutter.

Works in 38 as well.

But if i had to buy one i might try the gold dot.
You guys getting exits?
I got pass throughs with broadside lung shots on deer with factory 158 gr. Winchester sp's. A quartering to shoulder shot exited the rear ribcage on the off side with same. Win and Rem 158 hp's were usually found nicely mushroomed against off side hide on broadside shots while 158 gr Hornady xtp's most often exited.. No deer went more thasn 60 yards after being shot. One at just over 200 yards with 158 gr Remington HP exited on a broadside lung shot and the deer was down in 40 yards.
Already covered.
Partitions have been working good for me in 22-250 and 6mm Remington.

YMMV
© 24hourcampfire