Home
I joined on BF deal. $25, but they give you an egift car for $45 and a free pie lol. Around here regular 87 gas is 3.59. I cant get premium at Sams for same price.

Any food worth lookin at? I honestly dont know what all they sell or if its worth it. But they basically paid me for the membership so....
ya we've had them for years. you gotta know your prices. some stuff is good, other not so good. meat is good prices.
They’ve got beer! Beer’s good.
Never know what you might find in there. If you see something you want tho, better get it. Won’t be there in a week or two.

I got sams and costco membership, bout thr same to me. Except the costco liquor store
Originally Posted by rem141r
ya we've had them for years. you gotta know your prices. some stuff is good, other not so good. meat is good prices.

Just a quick glance when I was signing in they had cashews for 11 something. Weis markets which I usually shop at for the same size is almost 20. Hopin theres more deals. I am picky about meat though and usually get it at Nells, they source it from local farmers.
They often have your pickled bologna.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Never know what you might find in there. If you see something you want tho, better get it. Won’t be there in a week or two.

I got sams and costco membership, bout thr same to me. Except the costco liquor store

Wish they put a Costco here. Closest is Harrisburg and I cant burn the gas to save pennies. But a woman I had moved in at one point shopped there. Deals seemed good. Hopin Sams is close to it.
Originally Posted by kingston
They often have your pickled bologna.

LOL I am a bologna freak. Good snackin
Been over a decade since I was in Sams Club.

It was quite a store then.
Originally Posted by gregintenn
They’ve got beer! Beer’s good.

Not a drinker...might soon start tho
Sams club brand is members mark.

Brand name relabeled, but usually cheaper.

There’s deals there, like $27/6 qt synthetic oil. Usually every other month.

I buy clothes there. $12 work jeans. They’ll be fugged up anyway.
Oh yeah.

2 hotdogs and fountain drink for $3.
Haven't been in a Sam's Club in oh, let's see, about 20 years..............

I think it was about the same time the Johns Mannville plant closed.
Do they have giant plastic jars of Utz's cheddar cheese balls?
Their pizza is phenomenal. Costco is far superior in all other areas.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I dont eat em, but a woman I know at one of the local bars gets em for free from the local delivery driver. I get one every other month and take to work for the guys.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Sams club brand is members mark.

Brand name relabeled, but usually cheaper.

There’s deals there, like $27/6 qt synthetic oil. Usually every other month.

I buy clothes there. $12 work jeans. They’ll be fugged up anyway.

The oil might be worth it depending the brand. I get oil at Wally World now. Bought some Valvoline Max Life full synthetic and a quart think it was 22 something for the jug and 7 for the quart.

yes, i have one stuck on my head now
Do they have them people givin out free samples?? And can you go back for 2nds and 3rds?? Could be cheap supper when funds are low grin
Originally Posted by Three30Eight

How much for a slice for lunch and is the slice as big as a Costco slice.

In case we ever move to a town with both. Costco has probably upped their price, but I used to get a slice, two packets of Parmesan and a packet of pepper flakes, and a cup for water for $2.16.

Retired boomers have to know where to get a decent lunch for less than a fin.
We come out ahead on the top level membership buying dog food and eyeglasses. Dog food ships free.

I used to get butts and brisket, but haven't bothered since the shortages started.

that was funny!
Originally Posted by pahick
Do they have them people givin out free samples?? And can you go back for 2nds and 3rds?? Could be cheap supper when funds are low grin

Grazing at Costco......................

a retired boomer tradition.

That and a slice of pizza can fill a fella up until the senior specials at the chain restaurants open at 5PM.

Jeebus,

are you a cat?

A puppy?
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
We come out ahead on the top level membership..........

Pretty sure I dont have any top level thing for $25 lol. The slickdeals ad said it didnt come with free shipping so I guess that means I aint on the top level

That and a slice of pizza can fill a fella up until the senior specials at the chain restaurants open at 5PM.

LOL!

I stick to the free taco nights at the bars. Tues, weds, and thurs depending which bar. Couldnt do it on 2nd shift, but now im on 1st for the last few months dinner became a whole lot cheaper lol

Jeebus,

are you a cat?

A puppy?

It's not hard to understand.

Utz is the best.
Jim In Tennessee says they sell a variety pack of vibrators in 7 different colors...

And yellow and purple electrical tape to mark your favorites for daily use.

I don't know... I am not a member.
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Jim In Tennessee says they sell a variety pack of vibrators in 7 different colors...

And yellow and purple electrical tape to mark your favorites for daily use.

I don't know... I am not a member.

Great! Christmas gifts for the local barmaids lol
When I was making shine I bought a lot of fifty lb bags of sugar there.

LOL!

I stick to the free taco nights at the bars. Tues, weds, and thurs depending which bar. Couldnt do it on 2nd shift, but now im on 1st for the last few months dinner became a whole lot cheaper lol

Visited an ex GF in Boulder CO in '79 or so. Tues was $0.25 taco night at one place, corn or flour tortilla. Duh, flour ones are bigger. I think draft beer was $0.25, maybe $0.50. So for a buck one could get two overstuffed tortillas and a beer at least. $2 and it made a pretty good dinner, with beer even!
Gas is usually the cheapest in town. Meats are high quality and priced well. Auto and Marine batteries are a lot cheaper than most other places. Towels and sheets are high quality and priced well. Laundry and dishwasher detergent. Cooking oil in 5 gallon sizes for frying fish, etc.

Those are some things I commonly buy there. I drive a lot and the amount I save on gas every year more than pays for the membership itself.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Jeebus,

are you a cat?

A puppy?

It's not hard to understand.

Utz is the best.

Not sure about the orange things, but their chips ain't half bad...............Pretzels? I'll take Snyder's instead.

LOL!

Visited an ex GF in Boulder CO in '79 or so. Tues was $0.25 taco night at one place, corn or flour tortilla. Duh, flour ones are bigger. I think draft beer was $0.25, maybe $0.50. So for a buck one could get two overstuffed tortillas and a beer at least. $2 and it made a pretty good dinner, with beer even!

When yur single its def the way to go. Some of the sauce'll burn the next day.....I dont know who the hell can stand some of the hot schit they been puttin out lately. Seems everyones tryin to out do the other. Milds good enuff for me.
Originally Posted by slumlord

We've got Sam's and Costco memberships .... Costco is superior imho. Far superior. Now, we're in SC where African-Americans prefer Sams and us racist privileged wipipo et al prefer Costco.

Sam's has their own liquor stores here they're just not attached to the main store like the Costco liquor stores are .... but they both have their own label staples. Costco's are superior imho. Costco Kirkland Signature vodka is Titos. Their Spiced Rum is Captain Morgans and their midshelf mixing bourbon is Crown. They also have great deals on Larceny which is an outstanding small batch.
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Gas is usually the cheapest in town. Meats are high quality and priced well. Auto and Marine batteries are a lot cheaper than most other places. Towels and sheets are high quality and priced well. Laundry and dishwasher detergent. Cooking oil in 5 gallon sizes for frying fish, etc.

Those are some things I commonly buy there. I drive a lot and the amount I save on gas every year more than pays for the membership itself.

Gas is what im hangin my hat on. Towels though you say? The damn things dont fall apart in the washer or leave fuzzies all over ya when you dry off after a shower? I could use some new ones. Last ones I got off Amazon were schit.
Towels though you say? The damn things dont fall apart in the washer or leave fuzzies all over ya when you dry off after a shower? I could use some new ones. Last ones I got off Amazon were schit.

Their member's mark towels are oversized and real fluffy, they don't fall apart. I hate small threadbare towels, the Sam's ones are great.
Towels though you say? The damn things dont fall apart in the washer or leave fuzzies all over ya when you dry off after a shower? I could use some new ones. Last ones I got off Amazon were schit.

Their member's mark towels are oversized and real fluffy, they don't fall apart. I hate small threadbare towels, the Sam's ones are great.

Thx ill pick some up!

LOL!

When yur single its def the way to go. Some of the sauce'll burn the next day.....I dont know who the hell can stand some of the hot schit they been puttin out lately. Seems everyones tryin to out do the other. Milds good enuff for me.

I grew up near the Southern Border. Mild won't cut it for me

Got a jar of this at the Grocery Outlet and opened it the other day. It's becoming a favorite. One teaspoon per egg is about all I need and I LIKE hot scheidt.

[Linked Image from jardinefoods.com]

Reminds me, next time I'm there if it's still in stock I better get a few more jars. Like Costco/Sam's, they get scheidt and then it's gone.

I grew up near the Southern Border. Mild won't cut it for me

Got a jar of this at the Grocery Outlet and opened it the other day. It's becoming a favorite. One teaspoon per egg is about all I need and I LIKE hot scheidt.

[Linked Image from jardinefoods.com]

Reminds me, next time I'm there if it's still in stock I better get a few more jars. Like Costco/Sam's, they get scheidt and then it's gone.

I love Franks on eggs....doubt id be able to handle that stuff though lol. I like hot sauces with a more vinegar type taste.
You gotta be a smart shopper. Wife is.
I'm not. Just a buyer.

Some things are a great deal, others will be way more
expensive than Wal-Mart. Our Wal-Mart. A rural one with no competition.

We have had a membership several times.
But, the store is 35 miles away in Altoona.
So we hit it 2 or 3 times a year. Can't save enough to
pay the membership fee. And if it's a legit shopping trip,
We then have to stop in East Freedom to buy the crap that was
too high at Sam's. Good deal if you have one close.
Not worth the aggravation for us.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
You gotta be a smart shopper. Wife is.
I'm not. Just a buyer.

Some things are a great deal, others will be way more
expensive than Wal-Mart. Our Wal-Mart. A rural one with no competition.

We have had a membership several times.
But, the store is 35 miles away in Altoona.
So we hit it 2 or 3 times a year. Can't save enough to
pay the membership fee. And if it's a legit shopping trip,
We then have to stop in East Freedom to buy the crap that was
too high at Sam's. Good deal if you have one close.
Not worth the aggravation for us.

Damn, you're lucky. 35 miles to the Sam's Club?

I have to drive 20 just to get to a Grocery Outlet, the Four Corners local market, or the small regional chain Holiday Market.

100 mile drive, either way to get to the nearest Walmart even.

I agree, this is what we have found too. The Wife likes their meat and if you are there at a slow time the butcher often will cut what you want. Lots of things like Catsup, Mustard, Steak Sauce, ect come in a 3 pack.

100 mile drive, either way to get to the nearest Walmart even.

Damn! I got 7 within 15 miles either way lol
Been buying choice or prime beef whole strip loins from them for a few years. Have tried others at comparable prices & still like Sam's.

About all our the meats come from there as well, chicken quarters, pork, & burger.

Grab a $5 broaster chicken while you're there for the next 2-3 days worth of eats, screamin deal.

Bulk spices, salad dressings.

Go to web site, pick a location & check their prices. Hard to beat in my neck of the woods.
Sams trash bags are great. Costco has better olive oil.

Usually pretty good deals on paper towels and toilet paper at both of them, so long as you have a place to store packages the size of an igloo cooler.
Oh yeah.

The $5 rotisserie chickens.

I’ll pull of the bone. Freeze half. Make chicken. Salad for lunches with half.
Got 2 sets of BFG AT KO2 for $150 per tire last year. Buy our dog food there too.
I used to like the sams waffle fries and beer brauts along with some of their other items. Costco has better meet and their Kirkland brand stuff is top notch. I find I like to keep a member ship at both because there are some things I like better at Sam's than Costco.

Sam's has better prices on frozen veggies and their orange and generals chicken from the freezer are good. I even think sams has a better rotisserie chicken and it's a tough deal to beat for a 3 pounder at $5.

Costco has better service and return policy and usually better quality on large items so I prefer to buy furniture and electronics there.

Both around here have the 2 year aged white cheddar Tillamook cheese I liked.

Bb
Our youngest son worked for Costco for about three years while attending Texas Tech in Lubbock. We were gifted the “family” type membership. Groceries and meats were really good for us. Found what I thought was exceptional pricing on jewelry for wife and a couple of watches for me. Tires and electronics too.
Went to Sam’s about a year ago and bought a 3# bag of Mahi Mahi. Wife loves that stuff so we occasionally indulge. It rang up at something like $3 for the whole bag instead of $30. Being the honest soul that I am, I told the cashier that the price on the end display was 10x that so they’re a decimal off. Got shrugged off and told “well that is what it rang up for”. I even told the manager and same thing. So, I went to the car, put my stuff in, and went back and bought every bag they had. Came home with about 60# of fish. If they want to play stupid, I’ll play along.
I buy all our prescription meds at Sam's as well as gasoline, laundry detergent, trash bags, some cheeses, Zip-Lock bags, coffee, coffee creamer, lemon juice, some spices, vitamins, roasted chickens, some clothes, toilet paper, paper towels. You really need to watch the prices as not everything is a bargain. Walmart has some items cheaper. I've never been impressed with their meat prices. Quality may be good, but usually I can get a better deal elsewhere. Usually good prices on TVs and electronics. Produce and dairy are high. Good prices on bakery items. I also have a Costco membership which I like better than Sam's generally. However, my local Costco is further away and unless I am going that way, not worth the extra miles generally. Costco usually has better gas prices.

Sam's Club's pharmacy offers a whole bunch of generic prescription meds at $10 or less and with some meds free for members with their "Plus" level membership.

https://www.samsclub.com/content/prescription-savings

I joined BJs once... total scam... all they sell food and stuff.
Originally Posted by CashisKing
I joined BJs once... total scam... all they sell food and stuff.

BJs is actually closer. But I went in to pick up 350 cases of soda for a party at work once. I looked around while I was waiting to be checked out. Didnt see anything cheaper than Walmart.

Wondered which westerner would comment.
35 aint real far. But if we go through the big city (3k) instead
of the bypass, we pass two small grocery stores every day.
With another 5 miles in th opposite direction.

It's kinda odd, but I read of you guys having Costco, Sams....
And think it must be nice. We are more limited than you, in that
we don't need to drive far. So we won't. pahick is mentioning
Costco, BJ's, he is less than 150 miles from here. Some of the
places are between us.

Never been to an IKEA. There might be one in Pittsburgh, but I'm
not driving 120 miles into a city.
Turnpike tolls would be $50. (No Shït, not a typo)
A former long haul driver, I like my trips under 50 miles now.

Saw a Tikka T3 7mm08 with Redfield scope, a bunch of bullets,
Loaded and empty brass, Lee dies, for sale in York (pa's area).
$700. Couldn't make myself put 300 miles on the car to get it.
Originally Posted by Three30Eight

How much for a slice for lunch and is the slice as big as a Costco slice.

In case we ever move to a town with both. Costco has probably upped their price, but I used to get a slice, two packets of Parmesan and a packet of pepper flakes, and a cup for water for $2.16.

Retired boomers have to know where to get a decent lunch for less than a fin.

Smaller slices and smaller whole pizza, But price is $1 less for a Sams whole pie. Its pretty good (just had one 3 days ago) but both the wife and I vote that Costco's is better.
Overall for shopping Costco is a 10 and Sams is a 7. We visit Sams for gas, fresh pretzels, the occasional pizza, and a few odds and ends that Costco no longer stocks.
Every now and then i can find a good deal on beef. Wine prices are lowest around and bulk items cheaper than my local grocery store
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Wondered which westerner would comment.
35 aint real far. But if we go through the big city (3k) instead
of the bypass, we pass two small grocery stores every day.
With another 5 miles in th opposite direction.

It's kinda odd, but I read of you guys having Costco, Sams....
And think it must be nice. We are more limited than you, in that
we don't need to drive far. So we won't. pahick is mentioning
Costco, BJ's, he is less than 150 miles from here. Some of the
places are between us.

Never been to an IKEA. There might be one in Pittsburgh, but I'm
not driving 120 miles into a city.
Turnpike tolls would be $50. (No Shït, not a typo)
A former long haul driver, I like my trips under 50 miles now.

Saw a Tikka T3 7mm08 with Redfield scope, a bunch of bullets,
Loaded and empty brass, Lee dies, for sale in York (pa's area).
$700. Couldn't make myself put 300 miles on the car to get it.

The nearest Costco and Sam's are an hour and a half away from us, which isn't the end of the world, but it is far enough away that we never really bothered to go much. We let our memberships expire a couple years ago, haven't really missed them.
the sams club thick cut bacon is excellent. i just ate about a pound of it.
I just looked at oil online for my Sams Club location...not much in stock. But...

Sams Club

Mobile 1 5-30 6qt 39.98

Walmart

Mobile 1 5-30 5qt 27.47
......................1qt 7.88
......................----------
So looks like Walmarts cheaper on oil
Laundry detergents $5 cheaper. Gonna have to go in today to get my physical card. They dont even have the toilet paper I like lol. Oh well. Cheap gas and maybe a few other things. Cant go wrong for being paid to join.

laugh laugh
I don't know, never been inside of one.
We recently got a $100 membership for Sams. We can get into Sams at 8 a.m. Costco doesn't open until 10 around here. Sam's is too new to us to tell but we like Sam's because it is way less crowded.
I just looked at oil online for my Sams Club location...not much in stock. But...

Sams Club

Mobile 1 5-30 6qt 39.98

Walmart

Mobile 1 5-30 5qt 27.47
......................1qt 7.88
......................----------
So looks like Walmarts cheaper on oil

They had it $10 off a few weeks ago at Sam's. They do that 3-4 times a year so that's when I buy it. I paid $29.98 for 6 quarts about 2 weeks ago.

Bb
We have had memberships at both. When we owned our restaurants, Sam's had the best prices for commercial uses. We also have a commercial charge account with Sams. Costco however, is much better for individual consumers.
I won’t shop at Costco due to their cancel culture policies.

Sam’s steaks are good quality.
Originally Posted by Jstocks

I'm glad to read Walmart Corp. has none of those policies.
I joined on BF deal. $25, but they give you an egift car for $45 and a free pie lol. Around here regular 87 gas is 3.59. I cant get premium at Sams for same price.

Any food worth lookin at? I honestly dont know what all they sell or if its worth it. But they basically paid me for the membership so....

around here they have the best meats at good pricing... Pork especially and the have the best Lamb anywhere I have found around here but then again almost no one around here sells it...

We also find good deals on cheese, frozens and large size spices.
I wouldn’t step foot in a sams. Mildred told me they was in cahootz with the walmarts in some sort of way.

First I’ve heard cause I aint been in a walmarts on 30 years
But, they have BIG jars of pickles.

Lots of juice for them cramps and such.

Toss some boiled eggs in that juice too.
https://www.samsclub.com/p/4505-chicharrones-classic-chili-salt-pork-rinds-7oz/P03001086

These are the best I’ve had.
But, they have BIG jars of pickles.

Lots of juice for them cramps and such.

Toss some boiled eggs in that juice too.

You don’t know
Originally Posted by smarquez
We recently got a $100 membership for Sams. We can get into Sams at 8 a.m. Costco doesn't open until 10 around here. Sam's is too new to us to tell but we like Sam's because it is way less crowded.

I upgraded a coup,e years ago.

Bought some prescription glasses. You get extra % off glasses with the premium membership.

So to upgrade was a wash.
Originally Posted by smarquez

Perzacty. Every Costco I've ever set foot in has been like a chaotic ant hill: shoppers careening down every isle with their carts, two to three-people deep everywhere in the damned place, loooooooooooooooong check-out lines. Sam's, at least the ones around here, are like mausoleums by comparison. And, as far as return policies go, I've never had any hassle with Sam's. I'll take Sam's over Costco any day of the week.
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

If you mean removing items because a person who owned the item spoke up against the government, then please inform us that wal mart and co did that. Costco, yep…they did.

Removed a brand of cheese after owner of cheese company called BLm a terrorist group.

If Wal Mart did similar, please post up the data.

Thank you for doing your part to reduce traffic at Costco.
Both the Sam's and Costco nearest me have surly Peaceful Protestors with six inch long fingernails doing the checkouts.
Originally Posted by auk1124
Both the Sam's and Costco nearest me have surly Peaceful Protestors with six inch long fingernails doing the checkouts.

Haha.

Come be the bluehairs checking you out.

😂🤣😂
The square yard pack of chocolate muffins at Sam’s are good.
Whole, choice, strip loins for $7.37 this week in Lexington. Pre cut, trimmed & packaged single for $10.98. Prime singles $17.98 & not mechanically tenderized like Costco's.
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

If you mean removing items because a person who owned the item spoke up against the government, then please inform us that wal mart and co did that. Costco, yep…they did.

Removed a brand of cheese after owner of cheese company called BLm a terrorist group.

If Wal Mart did similar, please post up the data.

Does WalMart ending the sale of ARs and handguns meet your definition of cancel culture? If not I really don't care, because I view it as equally egregious as Costco removing whatever it is you're referring to.
© 24hourcampfire