Home
Just got a call from my eye doctor (lower case intentional) regarding my annual visit/check-up/glasses Rx.

Mask required. Vax not required, but soon it will be.

I declined the appointment...

They asked if I would like to reschedule...

I said "Absolutely... whenever you drop the mask mandate nonsense... be that 2022, 2023, 2024 or 2025. Thanks and have a nice day."

Then I added that garbage men in New York make $350k a year... (not really, but I thought about it).

So be it... YMMV
I'd do the same. If it's just an annual and not an emergency, fug them
Just for the benefit of those places I must do business with that have a "no exceptions" mask policy, I wear a pair of boys' jockey shorts with the butt cut out. I get all sorts of thumbs up responses, laughs, and congratulations when I'm wearing it.
I would find another eye doc
squint......
I'll wear a mask per request tomorrow. No biggy, if it makes 'em feel better.

I have 'em by the hundred.... only wear them as "required". It's their business/private property Do it or don't go. Don't be a pizz-ant.

Beat your chest and posture much?
His house his rules.

Not sure why wearing a mask is such a big deal for some. I wore respirators for 20 years so a dust mask is pretty simple.

Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Just for the benefit of those places I must do business with that have a "no exceptions" mask policy, I wear a pair of boys' jockey shorts with the butt cut out. I get all sorts of thumbs up responses, laughs, and congratulations when I'm wearing it.

If they're whitey tighties, get some brown shoe polish and put a skid mark on there. That would show 'em.

Masks create oxygen deprivation and that makes you even more stupid. I will NOT wear a mask to comply to silly rules and to make YOU feel comfortable , or empowered.
It's just two weeks to flatten the curve....
Been there, done that, last spring. Routine eye check up required I wear a mask. Glad I did, so to speak as the end result from the routine check-up was cataract surgery on both eye. In hind sight (no pun intended), I'm glad I wore the mask. And quite frankly, I don't recall wearing a mask being a hindrance for those appointments.

To each his/her own.
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Just got a call from my eye doctor (lower case intentional) regarding my annual visit/check-up/glasses Rx.

Why wouldn't it be lower case? You're not addressing him by name.
Cash find another doctor. We don't need to support the destruction of freedom lining their pockets. Starve the communist to death!
I get the pleasure of having an injection right in the eyeball every 6-8 weeks due to a retinal issue. Yippee.

But, by doing so, my vision has improved from 20/120 to around 20/50 or so corrected and appears to be stabilized near there.

Retina doc wants masks, I wear masks...............sometimes of a sort. You'd be comfortable having this guy enter your establishment, right?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
That guy looks like he's fixin to commit burglary of a domicile!
I reckon it's your extension cord. You can roll it up however you'd like.
I had an eye apmt on the 10th, I wore a mask. It's a private business and I respect their right to make their own rules and my option to abide or go somewhere else. I wear glasses and hearing protection when running saws or power tools, not much of a difference here. Gov't mandates are an entirely different issue and I am against all of them, thankful I live in FL and not the USS-NY.
What happens when one needs to see a doctor or go to the hospital and every one of them requires a mask.I guess you just get sicker or bleed out from a wound. That will show them, huh?
Originally Posted by Sycamore
squint......

Laughing!
Originally Posted by smokepole
That guy looks like he's fixin to commit burglary of a domicile!

Banks, bro.

But not in Kansas.
I'd show up in nothing but a mask
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln

I bet the queeer from tenn would pay for the cut out butt part.
Dentist wanted 10 extra bucks as a covid surcharge, and they won't polish teeth during a cleaning due to particles. So I cancelled and getting a new dentist. Biden guy.
I have an annual eye exam for diabetic retinopathy. I don't need to have anymore vision problems than I've dealt with over the years. I'll wear a mask in this case.
It's their business so they can make the rules. The doctor will have his face in your breathing space and you'll be in his. I haven't been in any doctor office where masks aren't required. It's not like going to Walmart. Just wear one and be done with it.
It they required a vax, that's another issue entirely.
Are there any healthcare facilities that don't require a mask? I think if you are really sick and need a doctor, you should stand your ground and just drop dead rather than wear a mask. You can scream out right before you die "Give me liberty or give me death!". You will be a hero and they will sing songs about you. They will drape a flag over your coffin even if you never served in the military, It will be great. You should do it,
Masks are absolutely useless in dealing with covid.
Been proven time and again.
Karens and virtue signalers are keeping them alive. (the mask requirements)
Which one are you?

Before you answer, read the first line again.
Originally Posted by cisco1

Masks create oxygen deprivation and that makes you even more stupid. I will NOT wear a mask to comply to silly rules and to make YOU feel comfortable , or empowered.
+!
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Masks are absolutely useless in dealing with covid.
Been proven time and again.
Indeed..

Dermatologist's office has signs "masks required"... I put on my "NEVER LYIN' BIDEN AND THE HO" mask and asked the clerk babe - "really?" She just said, 'nah, you don't really have to wear one"... It was off in a millisecond...

Eff this 'mask' BS....
All a consumer level mask can do is stop water droplets from sneezing, etc. The virus is at least partly carried by water droplets so it will block some of those. Airborne viri, of course, will go right through.
I’d pull up my big boy panties and put on my mask and go!
I don't like it but I wear a similar "mask" when I'm setting on a deer stand.....

My Dr's office wants you to wear one while out in the lobby once you get to the back my Dr. doesn't care. There are a high number of relics out in the lobby most times too so NBD
Originally Posted by las

I have 'em by the hundred.... only wear them as "required". It's their business/private property Do it or don't go. Don't be a pizz-ant.

Yep, or bow down and submit, right?
Originally Posted by Terryk
Dentist wanted 10 extra bucks as a covid surcharge, and they won't polish teeth during a cleaning due to particles. So I cancelled and getting a new dentist. Biden guy.

My dentist has been great for the past three years (when I started with him)... first class service... "watching" a potential cavity vs. making coin filling it.

Young guy... crazy beard since the Rona started... think he is a Proud Boy...

I'll tip him with 9mm or 5.56 ammo next visit.

No mask issues at all.
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
Are there any healthcare facilities that don't require a mask? I think if you are really sick and need a doctor, you should stand your ground and just drop dead rather than wear a mask. You can scream out right before you die "Give me liberty or give me death!". You will be a hero and they will sing songs about you. They will drape a flag over your coffin even if you never served in the military, It will be great. You should do it,

Sure... my GP has no issues with no mask at all.

My "previous" GP currently only has enough patients for 1 or 2 days per week... not sure how his practice survives on such low numbers, but I don't judge or question... I just don't go there anymore. He is a mask and vax fanatic. So be it...
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
It's their business so they can make the rules. The doctor will have his face in your breathing space and you'll be in his. I haven't been in any doctor office where masks aren't required. It's not like going to Walmart. Just wear one and be done with it.
It they required a vax, that's another issue entirely.

Fair enough...

What if they require you to go to appointments unarmed... are you OK with that also? No judgement... just asking?
Originally Posted by Whelenman
I’d pull up my big boy panties and put on my mask and go!

Fair enough, but I wear a thong or go commando most days... so kinda difficult.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
It's just two weeks a decade or two... to flatten the curve....

Fixed for ya...
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

I agree...

Masks this year... Vax next year... no gun ownership the following year...

I am less than fond of Communists.
Originally Posted by las

If Rosa Parks was alive... she would bitch slap you.
Originally Posted by WiFowler

To each his/her own.

EXACTLY!
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Why wouldn't it be lower case? You're not addressing him by name.

Grammar Nazi... I was making a point.
Does one have to make a point with every breath taken? Get your eyes checked so you can continue seeing who is masked and who ain't.
You should visit the nearest SSN office, you may be entitled to some form of subsidy/compensation.

Gotta stand up for your principles - vision (and other health issues) be damned . . . crazy
Originally Posted by 5thShock
Does one have to make a point with every breath taken? Get your eyes checked so you can continue seeing who is masked and who ain't.

My eyes are fine... maybe a small tweek on the Rx... maybe not.

I don't trust Mengele... but maybe you are right... Or maybe I can find another doc? Just an idea...
Easy to spot the Fudds.
Originally Posted by richj
You should visit the nearest SSN office, you may be entitled to some form of subsidy/compensation.

I heard they have free candy... good idea.

But honestly... Fava beans and a nice Chianti... would be better most days.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Easy to spot the Fudds.

Fugg Jim.. you make me laugh... ever single time.

Damnation... you are good at stuff.
I recently had an appointment with my eye doctor. They do require a mask, and I wore one while in his office. No big deal, really.
One of the local gun shops I patronize has a sign at the door requesting people to remove masks before entering- - - - - -:"If you come in here wearing a mask we're going to assume you're here to rob the place- - - - -and shoot you!"
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I get the pleasure of having an injection right in the eyeball every 6-8 weeks due to a retinal issue. Yippee.

But, by doing so, my vision has improved from 20/120 to around 20/50 or so corrected and appears to be stabilized near there.

Retina doc wants masks, I wear masks...............sometimes of a sort. You'd be comfortable having this guy enter your establishment, right?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Glad your eye is doing better.

Eye docs are almost nose to nose examining a patient, using the slit lamp, etc. I can see why some would be into masks.

At my last eye appoint, everyone was wearing a mask. I had left mine in the truck, they gave me one.

I didn't have a problem with it. Other offices, no one's wearing a mask.

So, I guess it varies. I go with the flow, go with whatever they're comfortable with.

I don't think masks do much good. But to each his own.

DF
Wear a mask but don’t brush your teeth for a week before the appointment.
[quote=CashisKing]Just got a call from my eye doctor (lower case intentional) regarding my annual visit/check-up/glasses Rx.

I said "Absolutely... whenever you drop the mask mandate nonsense... be that 2022, 2023, 2024 or 2025. Thanks and have a nice day."

Then I added that garbage men in New York make $350k a year... (not really, but I thought about it).

So be it... YMMV

Here is my theory on the stupid mask mandate. Bear with me..
RCMP we’re actually called on me while I was at the hockey rink because I refused to show the minions at the door anything and I refused to wear a mask.. Rcmp basically asked me what’s going on and I told them it’s a violation of the charter of rights and freedoms. I explained as eloquently as a redneck can that the mask is nothing but a giant illusion, one that would make Houdini, Penn&Teller, and even Chris Angel jealous.
The mask litterly does nothing but show the commie government cry babies that you will comply to the trampling of your rights as a citizen.
They left , I’ll see tomorrow I guess if swat shows up ..

So be it... YMMV

First world problems.......

You don't want to wear a mask?

Then don't....Where's the confusion?

Post count +1
Please dear god people be a man for once. Those saying just comply and wear a mask with no protest will not be there to fight when this country goes to complete $hit. If someone told you to wear a butt plug I guess you would do that too? Look around it’s likely every 3rd person you see has recovered from covid. Should they wear masks forever? Doesn’t it bother you that $hit is all theater for them?

Do you understand it’s not about masks it’s about control? Masks take away our individuality and makes us all collective. Collectivism is the only solution notice that? I believe collectivism is satanism. It’s evil and its wrong. If you compilers had a set if nuts they can’t control us all. I am not saying never wear a mask but dear god at least let people know you think it’s horse $hit

Stop being a bunch of puuuu$Sies about this. Do something brave for a change in your life.
I would have not searched for internet advice, particularly here, for my personal health.
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Skip the mask.. join the 800,00 dead from Covid
if you don’t value improving your health, don’t wear it or go to the appointment, make sure your life insurance premiums are paid up! Kidding aside, it’s about your health. If you don’t want to be vaccinated that’s your choice, but take care of the rest of your body. We don’t know what else lurks inside of us and routine appointments are preventive maintenance.
Originally Posted by WStrayer

Is this retard for real??
It's really simple I'm not wearing a mask because of the China flu hoax. Businesses that require you to wear a mask are the one's to be avoided. It's all a farce and if you wear a mask your just a pussy or liberal.
I've been told by doctors, you may take your mask off, I'm keeping mine on.
I would for sure .I want to see ,I do not have to like it.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

This +1 optometrists everywhere , ophthalmologist not so much.
..mb
Saw my derm doc the other day. Masks required. He said they were notified by the health dept. that one of his patients had COVID. He said "I don't want to have to shut down my practice".

Principles? This guy is conservative, a gun guy and hard core prepper from what I've been told. As others have said, to each his own and you have to choose your battles.
Do you value freedom more than you fear a disease? At what point do you just have to live your life? Have you maskers looked at the Denmark study that showed masks don’t work? Have you determined your own chances of death? And should the recovered still do it because you cowards are too scared to just live your life?

What steps have you take to improve your health? Why should I have to mask for your s$hitty health? I thought the vaccine worked, lol

It’s post like this where people that should know better cower in fear that scare the living day lights out of me for the future of our nation. You guys will not stand for anything.
It's not a big deal to wear a mask. I did it as required for many years and don't worry about it one way or the other. But if it's that troubling to avoid the appointment maybe there are other docs available who don't require one.

Eye exams are pretty close as in face-to-face and if it makes the people examining you feel safer then it's up to you to decide what you want to do.

Or, go with the unmask: https://www.getunmask.com/
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Please dear god people be a man for once. Those saying just comply and wear a mask with no protest will not be there to fight when this country goes to complete $hit. If someone told you to wear a butt plug I guess you would do that too? Look around it’s likely every 3rd person you see has recovered from covid. Should they wear masks forever? Doesn’t it bother you that $hit is all theater for them?

Do you understand it’s not about masks it’s about control? Masks take away our individuality and makes us all collective. Collectivism is the only solution notice that? I believe collectivism is satanism. It’s evil and its wrong. If you compilers had a set if nuts they can’t control us all. I am not saying never wear a mask but dear god at least let people know you think it’s horse $hit

Stop being a bunch of puuuu$Sies about this. Do something brave for a change in your life.

I certainly hope that come November folks will remember the democRAT mask and vaccination mandates. Come November, America has the opportunity to shove it right back into the democRATS face. Just like they have done to us since they stole the election. I am required to wear a mask at my County job. I just shut up and do it because I like the work and the people. But, you can bet come November I will remember just who made me do it. Until then I will just shut up and bear it.

But, come November I will send a message. If you feel like I do, you will send a message too. Like cummingscowboy said, it will be about control. We can put ourselves right back in the driver's seat if we act like folks on the same team. Something that republicans/conservatives don't know a thing about for some odd reason.
kwg

It’s post like this where people that should know better cower in fear that scare the living day lights out of me for the future of our nation. You guys will not stand for anything.

About where I am...

I took my 1998 24v truck to Patton's in Mechanicsville, Virginia to have a new injection pump put on. The repair was poor and the BS was thick... I have not gone back even though they called about other "critical" suggested repairs.

Weeded thru a few other shops and finally found a guy I trust 100%.

But enough about that...

Personally I am done with BS... whether that is a mechanic, a banker or an eye doctor... finding a path that has the fewest lies in my journey.

P.S. Already found an ophthalmologist... my former doc was only an optometrists. It took minimal effort.

Good Luck to all...

YMMV
Last point... I won't judge a man that feels inclined to wear a mask for his own protection (life essential medical treatment, condition of employment, poor health, OSHA suggestion with paints and pesticides et al).

Live life however you choose... is my point.

And I will live my life however I choose...

BUT I will never live my life as the slave of an insolent master... I simply will not.

Again YMMV...

Good fortune in all that you do. That is sincere (if you had any doubt).
Originally Posted by kwg020

I certainly hope that come November folks will remember the democRAT mask and vaccination mandates. Come November, America has the opportunity to shove it right back into the democRATS face. Just like they have done to us since they stole the election. I am required to wear a mask at my County job. I just shut up and do it because I like the work and the people. But, you can bet come November I will remember just who made me do it. Until then I will just shut up and bear it.

But, come November I will send a message. If you feel like I do, you will send a message too. Like cummingscowboy said, it will be about control. We can put ourselves right back in the driver's seat if we act like folks on the same team. Something that republicans/conservatives don't know a thing about for some odd reason.
kwg
. No issue with that. What I have done is make them make me put it on most of the time. I have written letters and e-mails telling places that made me mask how much I didn’t like it.
Originally Posted by WStrayer

Biden won..... You believe that also?

As to the fellow that isn't going to brush his teeth for a week before wearing that mask......you might want to re-think that... smile
© 24hourcampfire