Home

Witnesses in Belmar told Fox 31 that they saw the suspect's confrontation with a female officer.

"We seen (sic) the guy: he was a tall man, blond hair, with a trench coat. She yelled at him to ‘put his gun down!’ She yelled, ‘put your gun down’ and he turned around and, like, pulled up the gun and shot her right in front of us, multiple times," a witness said.
Look on the bright side, she won’t get convicted for murder.
Not uncommon under current conditions to see / hear about LE "freezing" In an encounter. Under our current policies and practices, we are seeing more of a pause when Deputies should be engaging the suspect. The pause is processing time, trying to decide what is the best/ least use of force that could be tolerated. Our VERTA firearms simulator has shown time and time again that some of our Deputies are giving the to much time to evaluating the suspect and the response to what he is doing. Which will lead to LE being killed or injured. God help the LE personnel that uses too big of an hammer for the given job. At my department if you use force to include lethal force, you must be able to explain how you tried to deescalate the incident. If your de-escalation efforts were not deemed to appropriate enough, your are subject to Department discipline. In addiction to the public opinion, news coverage of the partial story and maybe an indictment/ jail/ civil penalties. Oh, I forgot that they will fire you also! Now who wants to be the police? We are hiring? Those are the facts.
Tall, Blonde man? she could have shot him in the back and not much would be said.
Originally Posted by Oldidaho

Witnesses in Belmar told Fox 31 that they saw the suspect's confrontation with a female officer.

"We seen (sic) the guy: he was a tall man, blond hair, with a trench coat. She yelled at him to ‘put his gun down!’ She yelled, ‘put your gun down’ and he turned around and, like, pulled up the gun and shot her right in front of us, multiple times," a witness said.

If I had to guess, I would guess that she had cover nearby that she didn't attempt to make use of.
Originally Posted by rainshot

Right.

Tragic, she should have stayed in the kitchen.😉

2blue,

The simulators are very informative. Most badly need way more scenarios. If an officer has to overlay prevailing politics and lack of departmental support when in the field well then their screwed. Dont get out of the car is a rational response. Let alone making a mistake. Plus adrenaline dump when you are pointing a real gun at real people. Every big city should put local politicians through a short training and scenario session to try to get them to see todays reality for LEOs.
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Tall, Blonde man? she could have shot him in the back and not much would be said.

Yep. The dude’s demographic should have made pulling the trigger an easy decision. Sad situation. I wish for terrible misery for the perp.

Well, there is that.
Oldest grandaughter getting ready to go to the academy for the KCPD. Grandpa not happy but I have no say. Prayer life being expanded.
Originally Posted by papat
Oldest grandaughter getting ready to go to the academy for the KCPD. Grandpa not happy but I have no say. Prayer life being expanded.

I hope that she knows that the overwhelming majority of the citizens appreciate her.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I hope that she knows that the overwhelming majority of the citizens appreciate her.

Very true statement Paul except those of us that feel that way won't be who she is dealing with.
Originally Posted by Jim1611

Very true statement Paul except those of us that feel that way won't be who she is dealing with.

Exactly right, 98% of the time she'll be dealing with schitballs.
I just retired form my department on 12/01/21. Under current policy if you upholstered your taser or a firearm and had it a a low ready position, not pointed at a person. It was still considered a use of force. meaning your body camera turned on to record, You had to write two reports, one for the incident, one for the use of force. Next, the incident had to be reviewed by the use of force committee. They would determine if the force was appropriate or not. Also, they have to look at the frequency of that deputies UOF incidents over the last three year period. The review includes all type of force Taser, ASP, firearms, verbal, and physical. Depending on the number incidents the Deputy could be punished to include termination! This brings to light what the story public does not know about. Most agencies no longer write policy's to support the Deputies they write them to weaponize the Deputies and allow the agency to fire for anything ant any time for just about anything. Yes, the job is very difficult. Freezing on incidents might be understood by some people.
Originally Posted by MtnHiker

2blue,

The simulators are very informative. Most badly need way more scenarios. If an officer has to overlay prevailing politics and lack of departmental support when in the field well then their screwed. Dont get out of the car is a rational response. Let alone making a mistake. Plus adrenaline dump when you are pointing a real gun at real people. Every big city should put local politicians through a short training and scenario session to try to get them to see todays reality for LEOs.

That only works if the politicians care about their police officers and if it fits their political agenda. These politicians aren’t stupid, they’re evil.
Originally Posted by cs2blue
I just retired form my department on 12/01/21. Under current policy if you upholstered your taser or a firearm and had it a a low ready position, not pointed at a person. It was still considered a use of force. meaning your body camera turned on to record, You had to write two reports, one for the incident, one for the use of force. Next, the incident had to be reviewed by the use of force committee. They would determine if the force was appropriate or not. Also, they have to look at the frequency of that deputies UOF incidents over the last three year period. The review includes all type of force Taser, ASP, firearms, verbal, and physical. Depending on the number incidents the Deputy could be punished to include termination! This brings to light what the story public does not know about. Most agencies no longer write policy's to support the Deputies they write them to weaponize the Deputies and allow the agency to fire for anything ant any time for just about anything. Yes, the job is very difficult. Freezing on incidents might be understood by some people.

Congrats on your retirement. Not a minute too soon, I am sure.
I don’t recommend anyone to be a cop anymore. Sadly that’s why we are seeing the wrong people in the job role, a cop is just a position anymore because god forbid you do your job right you will most likely be filmed from multiple angles and no one will have your back. I want the 60’s back , when you mouth a cop or try to riot you got the ole Billy club up side the head and they made you like it because the public, police chief and mayor had your back.

Csblue thanks for your service, I bet you have seen a lot of transition in your tenure as a cop.

Very true

https://www.yahoo.com/now/colorado-gunman-kills-4-injures-050412618.html

Bob F.
!0-4. Thanks for your support!!! I am so glad to be out of the game! However, I am very concerned for those who are trying to do the job. The pressure to not make a mistake is so huge right now and I see no change coming. We, LE are trying to walk the knife edge between reacting and negating the problem and not getting killed or worst, being put in jail for what is deemed wrong doing. The description of stressful is an understatement of the current working conditions. Many people are leaving the job and no one wants to start a career in that profession.
CS2, that is what is worrying me about a highly idealistic 22 yr old young girl. KC is just another cesspool with the murder rate skyrocketed this year
Sad situation. Not likely to change much under this administration.
Originally Posted by rainshot

Yep.
CS2, that is what is worrying me about a highly idealistic 22 yr old young girl. KC is just another cesspool with the murder rate skyrocketed this year

I would be worried too. 22 is awfully young, male or female. I hope she is an observant and strong willed young lady.

Paul your nativity is very endearing. She won't be serving on a safe lilly white coastguard base with security. She'll be in the heart of the ghetto.

KC is a chocolate city. She will be hated for: being a cop, being white , being a woman, by the chocolate locals . Chances are her chain of command will hate her too for being the wrong flavor.

Hopefully she can lateral out to safer county.
Us Americans and our aversion to shooting people in the back!

Too bad, hope she survived!

Mike

Both my cowboys are cowgirls.
One's a municipal LEO, the other is a Fed LEO.
Like it?
NOPE!
Tell either one they can't? ...or shouldn't?
I'd rather slap Mike Tyson!

The "old man" is plenty proud of both of them. So is Mama!
Originally Posted by ribka

Paul your nativity is very enduring.

Your illiteracy is amusing.
Girl cops
Glad Adblock let's me block that disgusting picture in your signature line!!!!

The overwhelming majority of citizens will never have any interaction with her. I hope her new career doesn't sour her on humanity in general.

Heard an interview from a LAPD motor officer the other day. He said the cops are responding like the FD. They hang around the station then respond to calls from there. Motor officers ride in pairs. If they can't pair up they just stay in the station. There is no solid police presence. I wonder if he will get in trouble for saying it out loud.
Originally Posted by 700LH
Girl cops

Yeah. Because a boy cop or you wouldn't freeze up.
My Granddaughter graduated from the post school a year ago. She was the top shot, best score in all the tests, black belt in martial arts. Had to pull a gun second week on the job and the [bleep] she had to go through for doing it told her to get out of police work. They really tried to get her to stay but she felt the administration threw her under the bus.
Anyone who can leave the job, is doing so. Only those who are close to retirement are staying. Other wise a lot of people are looking for other jobs. Within the 60 days before or after me there have been or will be a dozen people leaving. That is from an agency of 240 sworn Deputies. They (agency is doing nothing to try to get people to stay. Zero incentives to keep experience in the agency. They are working short on patrol shifts and it will cost lives at some point. leave is not being given, so many just call out sick to get a day off. Before I retired i worked 33 days straight. when I was off I was subject to call back if needed. Overtime was no incentive, but there was tons of it.
My Son is a 19+ year Officer. He is leaving because of the reasons stated above. I support this 100%. Policing has gone down the drain.

Jim
Anyone who can leave the job, is doing so. Only those who are close to retirement are staying. Other wise a lot of people are looking for other jobs. Within the 60 days before or after me there have been or will be a dozen people leaving. That is from an agency of 240 sworn Deputies. They (agency is doing nothing to try to get people to stay. Zero incentives to keep experience in the agency. They are working short on patrol shifts and it will cost lives at some point. leave is not being given, so many just call out sick to get a day off. Before I retired i worked 33 days straight. when I was off I was subject to call back if needed. Overtime was no incentive, but there was tons of it.

PD's in TX and OK aren't having that problem. Sure, there are some pockets of dissenters, but for the most part, LEO's are more highly regarded.
My advice to young folks thinking of law enforcement as a career is to rethink that choice. I would steer them into the Fire Department. Everybody loves firemen, they are always considered heroes. Firehouses have professional grade kitchens and comfortable bunks for sleepovers. Because of the way firemen are scheduled for work they have more time off work for themselves. They don't leave the firehouse until called so they don't have patrol duties, much less paperwork and seldom do they go to court to testify in a criminal case. And no worry of the need to take a human life and what comes afterward. None of that is true for law enforcement and the pay is the same.
The city cop who stalked my 16 year old daughter every time he saw her car in town finally got fired. No, it wasn't because he was shaking down the local dope dealers to feed his meth habit, or because I sent the chief a picture I took of him sleeping in his patrol car while on duty- - - - - -they caught him stealing toilet paper from the PD supply room! Did I forget to mention he was black, and politically connected?

When all the good guys get forced out, the only ones left will be the cowards and bullies who hide behind their badges and blue lights.

Cs2blue that is a formula to get a cop killed. I was a cop in a big city for 37 years and 13 years with a state agency. I spent most of my time with the PD in an area the DEA called "The Bad Lands". The DEA posted a listed of dangerous assignments and "The Bad Lands" was more dangerous than Columbia or Pakistan. There were a lot of guns and a lot of shootings, sometimes 4 or 5 on a tour.

Whenever you get a cop to second guess his or her decision the bad guy is going to win. Fortunately most of the cops who worked that area were savvy or became savvy real quick.

This bring up the Colorado incident. Many years ago I was working with a Texas Ranger who was riding with our SWAT unit which at the time was called the Stakeout Unit. He was an expert in hand to hand combat. After the Onion Field incident in LA (1963) during which two detectives were kidnapped and assassinated the LAPD wanted to find out if the detectives could have saved themselves. He was asked to participate in the study to review the incident because of his hand to hand combat expertise.

He told me that had the detectives acted quickly and decisively they may have saved them selves but unfortunately that was not the case. He said they did a lot of testing of reaction time using police officers, military people and even Olympic athletes. There was one interesting fact they learned from the reaction time testing. Cops had a pause he referred to as "stop police response" that added seconds to a response. The military participant's response was "bang". There was no hesitation to use force. I suspect the Colorado PO responded as she was trained.

FYI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Onion_Field

This truly sad and dangerous , I guess it will only get worse . Enjoy your retirement smile

If I had to guess, I would guess that she had cover nearby that she didn't attempt to make use of.

Yep, she froze.
Originally Posted by MtnHiker

2blue,

It won't make any difference in 10 years. There will be no LEO's. It will all be citizens doing the verbal commands and they will be doing the dying. Problem solved. Cities no longer getting sued and no more antifa and BLM riots against the over aggressive police.

kwg
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Yep. And that’s the reason most cops are so jaded. They mostly deal with the pure scum of the earth. Can’t say as I blame them.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Yep. And that’s the reason most cops are so jaded. They mostly deal with the pure scum of the earth. Can’t say as I blame them.

That's what makes it all the more important that they know most of us appreciate and support them.
Paul. I remember you criticizing police for using too much or inappropriate force during the BLM riots in 2020 when BLM terrorists were looting, killing and burning down our cities. In one instance a Baltimore cop was slugged 2 times in the face by a crazy aggressive female criminal. This is after he repeatedly tried to deescalate the situate during the middle of a riot at night in Baltimore. After being hit twice in the face and attacking the cop again the cop's partner struck her and knocked her down. You posted that he used way too much force and be prosecuted even though you have had zero experience in a tense dangerous situation.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/c...02-gxwdnzlwuzdtxmqt4gpy3eugmq-story.html

I guess your belief system will go with whatever is popular in culture at that time. lol

Originally Posted by chlinstructor

That's what makes it all the more important that they know most of us appreciate and support them.

Training time is the most ignored and cut to the bone part of LE. Just getting people though the required in-service training was difficult. That was mostly due to staffing. Many of the people we trained by day were required to work a double and had to work that night.
according to the local fox newscast with the involved agency's hotshots, the female officer that was shot also was the same one who continued after being shot, to take out the perp......
Originally Posted by 700LH
Girl cops

With ballz 10 times bigger than your raisins
Lets not forget the Officer gave her life trying to stop a bad guy who intended to harm and threaten others citizens. hell of price to pay! Huge price to pay. She did her job and that job is and will continue to be incredibly difficult on any given day. At least the perp was neutralized and his ability to hurt/harm others was stopped. But look at the cost, her family, friends, her department? Huge. Rest in peace troop, others will carry on with the memory of you in their hearts!
the female cop that was shot, and then killed the bad guy, is still alive/stable after surgery.
Sad to hear what the current situation in politics is doing to our officers. They can't even enforce their authority because of the fear of backlash, and its now costing them their health and safety.
Axelrod59, That statement just about sums the current situation really well!. Working under those conditions is terrible,
Paging Flave 😂

His commentary should be epic😂
Lets not forget the Officer gave her life trying to stop a bad guy who intended to harm and threaten others citizens. hell of price to pay! Huge price to pay. She did her job and that job is and will continue to be incredibly difficult on any given day. At least the perp was neutralized and his ability to hurt/harm others was stopped. But look at the cost, her family, friends, her department? Huge. Rest in peace troop, others will carry on with the memory of you in their hearts!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Training time is the most ignored and cut to the bone part of LE. Just getting people though the required in-service training was difficult. That was mostly due to staffing. Many of the people we trained by day were required to work a double and had to work that night.

The biggest impact across the board for the various departments and agencies is going to be the loss of institutional knowledge. I don’t think that it is accidental. They are purging anyone who is able to retire. instead of staying in and passing on that knowledge that can only be gained through experience, they are popping smoke and all that will be left are new hires who are/will be more moldable into what they want
Impossible to comment without being there... y'all speculate way too much.

RIP Trooper.
© 24hourcampfire