Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
CS2, that is what is worrying me about a highly idealistic 22 yr old young girl. KC is just another cesspool with the murder rate skyrocketed this year

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Sad situation. Not likely to change much under this administration.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rainshot
Look on the bright side, she won’t get convicted for murder.

Yep.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by papat
CS2, that is what is worrying me about a highly idealistic 22 yr old young girl. KC is just another cesspool with the murder rate skyrocketed this year

I would be worried too. 22 is awfully young, male or female. I hope she is an observant and strong willed young lady.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Oldest grandaughter getting ready to go to the academy for the KCPD. Grandpa not happy but I have no say. Prayer life being expanded.

I hope that she knows that the overwhelming majority of the citizens appreciate her.

Very true statement Paul except those of us that feel that way won't be who she is dealing with.

Paul your nativity is very endearing. She won't be serving on a safe lilly white coastguard base with security. She'll be in the heart of the ghetto.

KC is a chocolate city. She will be hated for: being a cop, being white , being a woman, by the chocolate locals . Chances are her chain of command will hate her too for being the wrong flavor.

Hopefully she can lateral out to safer county.

Last edited by ribka; 12/28/21.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Us Americans and our aversion to shooting people in the back!

Too bad, hope she survived!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oldest grandaughter getting ready to go to the academy for the KCPD. Grandpa not happy but I have no say. Prayer life being expanded.

Both my cowboys are cowgirls.
One's a municipal LEO, the other is a Fed LEO.
Like it?
NOPE!
Tell either one they can't? ...or shouldn't?
I'd rather slap Mike Tyson!

The "old man" is plenty proud of both of them. So is Mama!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ribka

Paul your nativity is very enduring.

Your illiteracy is amusing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Girl cops

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad Adblock let's me block that disgusting picture in your signature line!!!!

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I hope that she knows that the overwhelming majority of the citizens appreciate her.

The overwhelming majority of citizens will never have any interaction with her. I hope her new career doesn't sour her on humanity in general.

Heard an interview from a LAPD motor officer the other day. He said the cops are responding like the FD. They hang around the station then respond to calls from there. Motor officers ride in pairs. If they can't pair up they just stay in the station. There is no solid police presence. I wonder if he will get in trouble for saying it out loud.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 700LH
Girl cops

Yeah. Because a boy cop or you wouldn't freeze up.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My Granddaughter graduated from the post school a year ago. She was the top shot, best score in all the tests, black belt in martial arts. Had to pull a gun second week on the job and the [bleep] she had to go through for doing it told her to get out of police work. They really tried to get her to stay but she felt the administration threw her under the bus.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Anyone who can leave the job, is doing so. Only those who are close to retirement are staying. Other wise a lot of people are looking for other jobs. Within the 60 days before or after me there have been or will be a dozen people leaving. That is from an agency of 240 sworn Deputies. They (agency is doing nothing to try to get people to stay. Zero incentives to keep experience in the agency. They are working short on patrol shifts and it will cost lives at some point. leave is not being given, so many just call out sick to get a day off. Before I retired i worked 33 days straight. when I was off I was subject to call back if needed. Overtime was no incentive, but there was tons of it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Son is a 19+ year Officer. He is leaving because of the reasons stated above. I support this 100%. Policing has gone down the drain.

Jim

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cs2blue
Anyone who can leave the job, is doing so. Only those who are close to retirement are staying. Other wise a lot of people are looking for other jobs. Within the 60 days before or after me there have been or will be a dozen people leaving. That is from an agency of 240 sworn Deputies. They (agency is doing nothing to try to get people to stay. Zero incentives to keep experience in the agency. They are working short on patrol shifts and it will cost lives at some point. leave is not being given, so many just call out sick to get a day off. Before I retired i worked 33 days straight. when I was off I was subject to call back if needed. Overtime was no incentive, but there was tons of it.

PD's in TX and OK aren't having that problem. Sure, there are some pockets of dissenters, but for the most part, LEO's are more highly regarded.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My advice to young folks thinking of law enforcement as a career is to rethink that choice. I would steer them into the Fire Department. Everybody loves firemen, they are always considered heroes. Firehouses have professional grade kitchens and comfortable bunks for sleepovers. Because of the way firemen are scheduled for work they have more time off work for themselves. They don't leave the firehouse until called so they don't have patrol duties, much less paperwork and seldom do they go to court to testify in a criminal case. And no worry of the need to take a human life and what comes afterward. None of that is true for law enforcement and the pay is the same.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
The city cop who stalked my 16 year old daughter every time he saw her car in town finally got fired. No, it wasn't because he was shaking down the local dope dealers to feed his meth habit, or because I sent the chief a picture I took of him sleeping in his patrol car while on duty- - - - - -they caught him stealing toilet paper from the PD supply room! Did I forget to mention he was black, and politically connected?

When all the good guys get forced out, the only ones left will be the cowards and bullies who hide behind their badges and blue lights.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
FWP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just retired form my department on 12/01/21. Under current policy if you upholstered your taser or a firearm and had it a a low ready position, not pointed at a person. It was still considered a use of force. meaning your body camera turned on to record, You had to write two reports, one for the incident, one for the use of force. Next, the incident had to be reviewed by the use of force committee. They would determine if the force was appropriate or not. Also, they have to look at the frequency of that deputies UOF incidents over the last three year period. The review includes all type of force Taser, ASP, firearms, verbal, and physical. Depending on the number incidents the Deputy could be punished to include termination! This brings to light what the story public does not know about. Most agencies no longer write policy's to support the Deputies they write them to weaponize the Deputies and allow the agency to fire for anything ant any time for just about anything. Yes, the job is very difficult. Freezing on incidents might be understood by some people.

Cs2blue that is a formula to get a cop killed. I was a cop in a big city for 37 years and 13 years with a state agency. I spent most of my time with the PD in an area the DEA called "The Bad Lands". The DEA posted a listed of dangerous assignments and "The Bad Lands" was more dangerous than Columbia or Pakistan. There were a lot of guns and a lot of shootings, sometimes 4 or 5 on a tour.

Whenever you get a cop to second guess his or her decision the bad guy is going to win. Fortunately most of the cops who worked that area were savvy or became savvy real quick.

This bring up the Colorado incident. Many years ago I was working with a Texas Ranger who was riding with our SWAT unit which at the time was called the Stakeout Unit. He was an expert in hand to hand combat. After the Onion Field incident in LA (1963) during which two detectives were kidnapped and assassinated the LAPD wanted to find out if the detectives could have saved themselves. He was asked to participate in the study to review the incident because of his hand to hand combat expertise.

He told me that had the detectives acted quickly and decisively they may have saved them selves but unfortunately that was not the case. He said they did a lot of testing of reaction time using police officers, military people and even Olympic athletes. There was one interesting fact they learned from the reaction time testing. Cops had a pause he referred to as "stop police response" that added seconds to a response. The military participant's response was "bang". There was no hesitation to use force. I suspect the Colorado PO responded as she was trained.

FYI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Onion_Field

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

This truly sad and dangerous , I guess it will only get worse . Enjoy your retirement smile

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (1Longbow, 1minute, 2500HD, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 64 invisible), 2,346 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,175
Posts18,503,209
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.