Home
Posted By: dennisinaz US getting screwed by Japs - 01/08/22
I've been trying to buy a new motorcycle. I went to the 3 dealers within 20 miles that sell Hondas. None have any 2022 motorcycles. I tried to pre-order one
Wouldn't take my money. Crazy times

Europe, Australia and India all have 2022s. None in US
Not just Honda... Toyota sells passenger vehicles with diesel engines in almost all countries of the world... Except the U.S. ... Trying getting a diesel HiLux (Tacoma) in the U.S. Scads of them right across the border in Mexico. Zero for sale in the U.S.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: US getting screwed by Japs - 01/08/22

You pair would do well to place the blame where it belongs...on your government and your corporations, just like every other time.
There waiting to see whether we get rid of Biden and Harris. Build Back Better.
They rightfully don't want to deal with al the emissions bs in the US.

I'd buy a new Hi Lux diesel tomorrow in the USA if I could

Posted By: JSTUART Re: US getting screwed by Japs - 01/08/22
Originally Posted by tikkanut

I like mine, but if I purchase another vehicle it will be an old Nissan Patrol DX Diesel turbo 6 cylinder with coils at both ends.

Like this.

[Linked Image from carsales.pxcrush.net]
Originally Posted by JSTUART

You pair would do well to place the blame where it belongs...on your government and your corporations, just like every other time.

Something tells me this is correct.

Yep. It ain’t the Japanese.
Damn dirty Japs!
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Not just Honda... Toyota sells passenger vehicles with diesel engines in almost all countries of the world... Except the U.S. ... Trying getting a diesel HiLux (Tacoma) in the U.S. Scads of them right across the border in Mexico. Zero for sale in the U.S.

They have several diesel motors in the hilux. The Tacoma doesn’t have any diesel offerings.

Spot on!

Well said!
Blame CARB.

Oh Hell yes! Buddy had a “gray market” hi Lux somehow titled as a Tacoma that came out of S.America about 15 years ago. Think he has it out at his place in Idaho now. Cool as hell.
Wish swfa could just get my replacement scope in. Been waiting over a year. I did just hear that our new accord hybrid has finally shipped and will be here next week. It's made in the US but several parts are still Japanese.

Wish we had a different government that helped support businesses here in the US. Ours is too busy trying to kill off all small and medium business and consolidate everything into one large fascist corporation in each industry that they can control.

Bb
No videos?
I thought that.....

Hmm, lamest thread ever
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Blame CARB.

Even if fuel injected?
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Blame CARB.

Even if fuel injected?

California Air Resource Board or something like that.
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I've been trying to buy a new motorcycle. I went to the 3 dealers within 20 miles that sell Hondas. None have any 2022 motorcycles. I tried to pre-order one
Wouldn't take my money. Crazy times

Europe, Australia and India all have 2022s. None in US

street bike? OHV? ATV?
I'd worry about China a lot more

Please explain why the U.S. emission laws are toyotas problem? If the epa didnt require ultra low sulfur diesel, Def, and other b.s. it would be profitable to sell diesels here for them. But as of now it's probably not worth the headache.

Also to the op, maybe those other countries have their ports open. They probably aren't bogged down with covtard rules, free money incentives not to work, etc.....
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Yep. It ain’t the Japanese.

Freaking commie Dems all want One World government, all the nastynice European Global Warming sign-on governments allow the Hilux, Ford/GM/Dodge know it would be the most purchased vehicle in the US and THAT is why they are not allowed.

Got to keep them Unions happy. JSTURART is spot on.
Boomer responses are the best....
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Wish swfa could just get my replacement scope in. Been waiting over a year. I did just hear that our new accord hybrid has finally shipped and will be here next week. It's made in the US but several parts are still Japanese.

Wish we had a different government that helped support businesses here in the US. Ours is too busy trying to kill off all small and medium business and consolidate everything into one large fascist corporation in each industry that they can control.

Bb

Your doing your part to kill off US business when you buy a hybrid vehicle.

Agree that some portion is inane U.S. regulations like the Big Three funded 25% import tariff on completed pickup trucks. Hence the Japanese trucks are (were?) imported in kit form and "assembled" in the U.S. Toyota finally gave up on making Tacomas in California when CA tightened the regulations on VOC emissions. I think now many of the Toyota Tacoma trucks are actually built in Mexico.

They have several diesel motors in the HiLux. The Tacoma doesn’t have any diesel offerings.
If the HiLux is not the non-US version of the Tacoma, it is PDC... The one visual difference I can see is the HiLux might have a little more ground clearance. Possibly shallower or flat floor pans in the passenger compartment? Regardless, I would be in line to buy a diesel HiLux if it were offered in the U.S. market.

I think the "tell" for Toyota is their work with the fuel cell trucks at the Port of LA. If they can sort out fuel cells in Class 7 / Class 8 hostler trucks, downsizing the technology for Hino / Tundra / Tacoma trucks would make it easy to totally bypass the current diesel emission regs...
Yes. You sit on the floor in a Hilux.
Posted By: RAS Re: US getting screwed by Japs - 01/08/22
I have driven a bunch of Hi-Lux trucks overseas. They are awesome pieces of machinery. If they sold them here, it would be over a year wait.
The problem in this country is govt. control policies whether it be federal, state, or local. They all want to control. If they cant control it or tax it, we can't have it.

With respect to the Hilux you are correct but the bikes meet the new Euro standard which is stricter than ours. There's more at foot here

How are the Mexican prices? I here that everything there is cheaper, or rather big mark up on everything marketed to USA.
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I'd worry about China a lot more

I worry more about Washington D.C.
Posted By: RicG Re: US getting screwed by Japs - 01/08/22
I drive a made in Japan Toyota 4 Runner. It is the bugs nutz!
I blame our government,not Japan.When ISIS formed up under the zero administration,those a-holes where all driving brand new Toyota diesels.I'm sure they were paid for buy us,Thank You John McCain and Lyndsey Graham,in their effort to over through the Syrian Assad regime.
The democrats are my primary concern.

Agree that some portion is inane U.S. regulations like the Big Three funded 25% import tariff on completed pickup trucks. Hence the Japanese trucks are (were?) imported in kit form and "assembled" in the U.S. Toyota finally gave up on making Tacomas in California when CA tightened the regulations on VOC emissions. I think now many of the Toyota Tacoma trucks are actually built in Mexico.

They have several diesel motors in the HiLux. The Tacoma doesn’t have any diesel offerings.
If the HiLux is not the non-US version of the Tacoma, it is PDC... The one visual difference I can see is the HiLux might have a little more ground clearance. Possibly shallower or flat floor pans in the passenger compartment? Regardless, I would be in line to buy a diesel HiLux if it were offered in the U.S. market.

I think the "tell" for Toyota is their work with the fuel cell trucks at the Port of LA. If they can sort out fuel cells in Class 7 / Class 8 hostler trucks, downsizing the technology for Hino / Tundra / Tacoma trucks would make it easy to totally bypass the current diesel emission regs...

They are very close. The taco following the hilux (Toyota truck) in the USA.

What I’ve read, is that the taco is built more for comfort on a passenger car frame/suspension. The Toyota truck was a different frame.

Would love to have a diesel hilux. How difficult is it to buy one in MX and drive it back? Is it legal?

They are that good, the 21 got a bigger turbo, and they go really good now
© 24hourcampfire