Home
Posted By: Seafire Worst DMV in the Country? - 01/18/22
My vote is for Kate Brown's Oregon.....

3 to 5 months to get plates renewed... offices 'closed' due to COVID ( what a friggin lying excuse)

call the DMV's main number.... your current hold time is 3 weeks....both of our Mexican employees are answering their phone as 'quickly' as they can, when they actually care about you people which is NEVER.....

Could go on and on.... but you get the idea....

I really think there is a contest among DemocRats, on how much they can screw up a state.... and Oregon is certainly in the running...

Kate Brown couldn't administer a Chinese Fire Drill.....much less any state agency...

always more money, less service and you wait for their conveniences to get around to serving anyone....

I have ONE vehicle registered in Wyoming... got sent a renewal card ( Business Vehicle)... renewed on line... got my new stickers in 3 days....

another Business Vehicle registered in Oregon... got my renewal notice.... supposedly renewed on line.. they certainly took my money via credit card.... then I get a big 11 x 17 sheet of paper to put in my back window as a temporary tag..... 5 months later, my plate stickers show up....

plenty of methheads tho driving around in vehicles that are stolen and no one cares or bothers them at all....

and if you are an illegal alien or Mexican... the State Police can't detain you for anything evidently... had several troopers tell me that...

DemocRat Heaven......

time to go put up my soap box.... F u c K Oregon DMV.
Paradise!
Michigan’s could probably give you a run for the money. Whitmer shut ours down for Covid but decided that it was such a great idea that she would keep it permanently closed except for by appointment only.
It is 3 to 5 months to get your license renewed here. But we can do the plates by mail.
You walk in to get your license renewed here...and in 20 mins you walk out with an renewed license.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Worst DMV in the Country? - 01/18/22
Lucky here in this part of Cali. They haven't closed our local office. During the height of the Corona crap my wife sent in the check and paperwork to renew a registration. Months and months later...........Nothing.

This past fall I took the thing to the office, where I have never had more than 3 folks in front of me in line. Lady there said "Don't mail it, bring it here. We'll get it done faster and we like seeing and helping folks"

Rural living has its benefits.
Posted By: Mr_Harry Re: Worst DMV in the Country? - 01/18/22
MA used to be realllly bad; forever ago when I lived there.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Worst DMV in the Country? - 01/18/22
Still is.
Posted By: Whiptail Re: Worst DMV in the Country? - 01/18/22

Sucks just as bad here...
Posted By: Mr_Harry Re: Worst DMV in the Country? - 01/18/22
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Still is.

You part o the ol’ Commonwealth there Jag?
Posted By: Huntz Re: Worst DMV in the Country? - 01/18/22
Just had my DL renewed.Took me 15 minutes including eye exam.You can renew your plates at several Grocery stores or at the DMV ,by computer or mail.If you actually go into a big town DMV it will take maybe an hour.
Posted By: kenoh2 Re: Worst DMV in the Country? - 01/18/22
The BMV in our Ohio County used to be staffed with bitter hags with an attitude some thirty years ago.
Much improved now. Very courteous and helpful.
It seems to me, that you've posted about this before ?
Hey John I've decided to see how long I can drive a truck with expired plates just as an experiment. Bought it a year and a half ago with expired out of state plates.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Worst DMV in the Country? - 01/18/22
So bad here I joined AAA just for their DMV services.
I skipped 2020 for most of my vehicles. Think I renewed one truck.

Cops and the dmv didn’t care.
Sure as schit ain’t in a hurry to give this state any money.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Worst DMV in the Country? - 01/18/22
Took right at 7 months to get a title switched. They refunded the registration/plate money that went in with the same batch of paperwork. Neighbor is a state policeman, and said they no longer ask for registration/etc during stops.
Posted By: smarquez Re: Worst DMV in the Country? - 01/18/22
I lost the tag and reg for our travel trailer. Took off for Tulsa for SoCal with the pink in case we got pulled over for it. Never happened. Made the full 2600 miles without anyone noticing apparently. When we got home the renewal notice was in the mail. Wife sent it in and got out new tags and reg but took 2 months.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here is my local DMV. Gone with the wind. Marshall NC. The local gal who ran it got sick 2 years ago, and they closed it down. Two weeks later, someone broke in and stole all the computers. Never has reopened. I been getting licenses there for 25 years.

Last March I had to drive an hour to Barnardsville to renew the license, and I had to wait in line 3 months to do that. Don't just show up at the door in Barnardsville, I tried that. They will kick you out.

Gotta get on the computer, and get your place in line.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You walk in to get your license renewed here...and in 20 mins you walk out with an renewed license.

Same...
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Same...

Did two last Friday here in Virginia... only took about 20 for both... but they did clobber be on cost. Tax, tags, registration et al on two was almost $170... BASTARDS.

WV is much cheaper, but power hookup got kicked until Spring so no physical address yet.
Posted By: Plumdog Re: Worst DMV in the Country? - 01/18/22
I am casting my vote for Colorado. Most unfriendly, unhelpful bunch of career Democrats you will ever encounter. And the fees are outrageous.
Went to a DMV office one time, line was out the door. After awhile, because the line never moved, I went in and saw that the clerks were not doing anything to serve the customers. Asked what was going on, guy snaps back "computers are down, been down all day!" So I snapped back "how about make an announcement so these people don't stand here all day". Dirty Look said Not My Yob Man.
Posted By: Mike78 Re: Worst DMV in the Country? - 01/18/22
I renewed my plates 3 weeks ago. Walking into the office and out, took less than 3 minutes, but DMV doesn't do car tags here.

Driver's license took 20 minutes in 2020, but I could have done it online. There's a reason to live in an area where you are not paying the enemy.
It must be pretty bad down in the Sacramento Valley DMV offices, people are driving 100 to 200 miles 1 way to use the DMV offices in the northern border counties. Not that I think they are that great either.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Worst DMV in the Country? - 01/19/22

Podunk Utah.......

Renewing plates.

Stay away from the first & last days of month

No line......my DMV girl gets ya in & out in 5 minutes
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Worst DMV in the Country? - 01/19/22
Oregon is the worst for anything that our State Government has a say in.

Fûck em....I’m running expired plates until they open up and man their DMV offices.

I also have screen shots on my phone of their DMV Site showing it’s either down ~ try later, or no more appointments available in my locale.

🦫
I quit renewing tags in person when I can do it online for $2.00 extra- - - - -sniveling cowards at the court house make me leave my CCW in the car to enter the place. Still have to go there to get a title transferred, though. When I asked somebody at the property tax office why they were afraid of the taxpaying citizens who pay their salary, I got the stink eye!
Gotta go to Montgomery county DMV tommorow.
Paid off Khans car 2 months ago.
Lien holder finally sent the fugging title..

Transfer that schit into her name.
Let little miss khan go trade in that fugga herself.
Dont wanna listen to me about sitting on that fugga till oct or nov for same model yr trade in.
And banking the 4500 we can save with no car payment till then.
Then sell the fugging thing private sale
And use that money also to her new car.

Bout a 10k downpayment on what the fugg ever she wants I figure
we could have by nov and not touch a cent in the checking account.

Fine
Great
Outstanding

You take your little happy azz and do what the fugg ever.
And when they pull up the vin and start lowballing ya cause of all the times you stove the thing up and wango tango,d the schit outta it in your ohhhh so frequent accidents....

Dont come home saying you only got this amount for trade in all boo boo face about it.

Transferring the title to her.
I wash my hands of it.
I will say to her don't say I didn't tell you so on what you should have done versus what you just did when she gets her new car...

Talked to numbnuts about lease options also using her car as trade in.
Get something she really likes
Lease down payment use diff to lower monthly payment from it.
Turn the fugga in 3 or 4 yrs down the line.
Not taking a huge depreciation hit on new off the lot car...
Wont listen to schit....
Been buying this woman new cars every 3 to 4 yrs since 1993
Stoves everyfughing one of em up
Everyfughing time.
Stupidest accidents possible.
Totally aloof blind melly jelly schit...

Wash my hands of it all tommorow, so if I gotta sit in the DMV for howfuggingever long I gotta, I'm gonna tommorow.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Posted By: slumlord Re: Worst DMV in the Country? - 01/19/22
Yall gonna get some new Rent-A-Center furniture??

😂😂
1/2 mile down the street, John!
I don't enter the premises anymore - as I'd probably "go postal" on the lazy-azz biotches.
"The Warden" has a bit more tolerance, as you know - but even she has urges to go in with her .38 blazing.
So far, that hasn't happened. I try to go to Wagon Mound. (one lady shop) The lady there is VERY capable and helpful.
Posted By: SRPI89 Re: Worst DMV in the Country? - 01/19/22
Midland, TX has to be up there with the worst. 6-8 hour wait most days. For us, it’s worth it to drive 100 miles to another city and wait 30 minutes instead of waiting literally all day for Midland.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Worst DMV in the Country? - 01/19/22
Used to be awful here before covid. My wife and I recently had to renew our DLs and get the new enhanced security version and they renew w/ an option for an appt. if you have a current US passport. 21 minutes for the entire process including photos. There were throngs of 3rd worlders and joggers at the doors being funneled in by security and it was fun to walk past them through a separate entrance and hear their howls of exclusion. Bought an new 4Runner in August and the dealer had a reg. service, no sweat.grin

#learnthesystemandworkit

mike r
Pretty much a walk up here as long as it’s not around the first/end of the month. They do passport renewals there too. Now compare that with Democrat run Schitty Lake Salty (SLC) and it’s the big city back of the line that never moves treatment. There, they have a special line for Dealers and those bastards are in and out in a few minutes while the masses have to wait. I generally just do mine online these days. The new tags show up after a few days.

In Democrat areas, the powers that be purposefully provide schitt services at any government agency you interface with. This is so you see just how badly underfunded and understaffed they are. Gotta raise taxes if you want good services! Then they do and there’s still the same service with more ‘administration’ hired. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Posted By: EdM Re: Worst DMV in the Country? - 01/19/22
Both the Texas "DMV" and Idaho of the same have been painless.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Worst DMV in the Country? - 01/19/22
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Oregon is the worst for anything that our State Government has a say in.

Fûck em....I’m running expired plates until they open up and man their DMV offices.

I also have screen shots on my phone of their DMV Site showing it’s either down ~ try later, or no more appointments available in my locale.

🦫

Agreed with the exception of Marine Board. Everything I have needed from them in the last two years went like clock work. And they were polite , helpful over the phone.
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

Yeah, maybe (definitely). That doesn't get him the victim complex fix for today though.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I skipped 2020 for most of my vehicles. Think I renewed one truck.

Cops and the dmv didn’t care.

Wouldn't fly here. They put plate readers on the cop cars, and quit giving
us plate stickers with a new registration. Said it's not needed, since the
cops don't have to look at the plates anymore.

BS! They quit the stickers knowing folks would forget to renew, and there
wouldn't be a sticker there to remind them.
Extra fines, easy money.

My daughter made a left at the light on a divided highway, a cop was sitting
in the middle at the intersection, on her left. We don't have front plates,
and her rear was only viable after she went behind him.

He immediately pulled out, ran her down and pulled her over.
Ask for her registration, telling her he pulled her over because she was
driving an Impala with a Subaru's plate.

We had just transferred plates in the fall of 2020, and they hadn't went
through PennDOT yet.

As far as driving license centers?
Ours is only open a couple days a week, we share staff with another
center. But they are good. Even taking a hazmat test, and getting the
photo usually only takes about an hour. Less if there aren't many
ahead of me.

The office in Harrisburg that used to do truck apportionment?
They sucked donkey nuts.

Several times we drove 120 miles each way, and payed Tpike tools to get a truck
legal and off running. We filled out the papers to put the required
states on the registration, wrote the check, and then they would sit
down and enter it into the computer and print the new registration.

And they would screw up the state,
they couldnt fix it that day, so we had to go back the next day.
And pay the fee to change the registration.
2 days shot for the guy going down there, an extra day wasted for a truck
and driver.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Yall gonna get some new Rent-A-Center furniture??

😂😂

Yep....
Rent a center dog couch for the man cave.
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Posted By: Seafire Re: Worst DMV in the Country? - 01/19/22
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

yeah, probably the time I spoke about last year when it took 5 months to get just my license stickers...
Is this kind of like a sluttiest whore in the brothel contest?
Originally Posted by 1minute
Took right at 7 months to get a title switched. They refunded the registration/plate money that went in with the same batch of paperwork. Neighbor is a state policeman, and said they no longer ask for registration/etc during stops.

We run into a bunch of state Troopers at our local range, as they shoot there for their practicing requirement... the ones I've talked to, told me not worry about it... because no one at the DMV get a crap about it....

I know one gal in town whose Subaru's plates last expired in 2013 or 2018....

I just don't trust anyone in government in a state ran by democRats, regardless of where its at....

Oregon use to be real good, and real cheap when I first moved here.... no sales tax, plates were $28 for two years....took 5 minutes first time in the morning...

All that changed by Queen Kate with Covid.... plenty less people working at DMV, evidently the rest staying home and just getting paid and racking up their retirement.
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

definitely!
Originally Posted by Seafire

definitely!

Pitchers?
Guess you guys don’t have UMV in the lower 48. Cost is a little higher but in and out. DMV is a nightmare, I’d rather pay a few bucks morel
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Worst DMV in the Country? - 01/19/22

Did it last Friday. 20 minutes max at 4 in the afternoon.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Seafire

definitely!

Pitchers?

Kate Brown in the buff?
Originally Posted by DouginAlaska
Guess you guys don’t have UMV in the lower 48. Cost is a little higher but in and out. DMV is a nightmare, I’d rather pay a few bucks morel

Yup, dmv is a fuucken nightmare here, but you can be in and out of the privately owned UMV in 5 minutes. Kinda telling.
Posted By: Farming Re: Worst DMV in the Country? - 01/19/22
Most people here on the fire would probably agree California has the most jacked up politics in the Country. So it stands to reason it might have the worst DMV. After all it is state government. I can attest after sitting in one for two-four hours on multiple occasions, it’s pretty bad. I can’t imagine it getting much worse.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Worst DMV in the Country? - 01/19/22
wow, makes me appreciate mine

since covid they have installed a computer system that texts you and tells you what person to go to and they put in benches for you to sit down while you wait. Normally takes 15 minutes.

if you don't have everything you need, you go get what you need, come back and they remember your original number and bump you to next in line.
Posted By: Switch Re: Worst DMV in the Country? - 01/19/22
Here in Nevada you can renew on the internet and get yoy new sticker in 3 0r 4 days. BUT i bought a new travel trailer and the wait to go in to the office to register is now over 90 days, hope I can use by summer.We just had a new DMV building built for about 60 million, a reak show piece, but only have 4 more windows than the old one which was shut down. Old DMV built in the 60's, population is up 20 times in our county, added 4 windows. Go figure.
Didn't even occur to me until I reread some of the Covid related posts... do your DMVs require masks or other Rona stuff?
Having to show up at the DMV in this liberal squalor makes my roids swell!
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Worst DMV in the Country? - 01/19/22
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Didn't even occur to me until I reread some of the Covid related posts... do your DMVs require masks or other Rona stuff?

No, but we've been basically mask free the whole time.
I do my tags online. They charge a bit extra to use a CC but it's less than I'd pay for gas to go to their office.
Boats and off road vehicles are now handled by the state parks dept. Just enter it online and a week later you have the stickers.
Posted By: las Re: Worst DMV in the Country? - 01/19/22
By appt only now in AK- usually a 2 month wait. Before covid it was walk-in, and up to 2 hours, depending on the line.

Private "Express" services have sprung up. In and out in minutes, barring a waiting line- usually 0-5. then it might take 30-40 minutes if one has all the documentation lined up. And the extra fee. Worth it. I no longer do DMV.

They might as well close all branches that have Express businesses in town.

You have to LOL at the sloths running the DMV in that cartoon movie - so true!

© 24hourcampfire