-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is this kind of like a sluttiest whore in the brothel contest?

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 1minute
Took right at 7 months to get a title switched. They refunded the registration/plate money that went in with the same batch of paperwork. Neighbor is a state policeman, and said they no longer ask for registration/etc during stops.

We run into a bunch of state Troopers at our local range, as they shoot there for their practicing requirement... the ones I've talked to, told me not worry about it... because no one at the DMV get a crap about it....

I know one gal in town whose Subaru's plates last expired in 2013 or 2018....

I just don't trust anyone in government in a state ran by democRats, regardless of where its at....

Oregon use to be real good, and real cheap when I first moved here.... no sales tax, plates were $28 for two years....took 5 minutes first time in the morning...

All that changed by Queen Kate with Covid.... plenty less people working at DMV, evidently the rest staying home and just getting paid and racking up their retirement.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

definitely!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Seafire

definitely!

Pitchers?

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Guess you guys don’t have UMV in the lower 48. Cost is a little higher but in and out. DMV is a nightmare, I’d rather pay a few bucks morel

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You walk in to get your license renewed here...and in 20 mins you walk out with an renewed license.

Did it last Friday. 20 minutes max at 4 in the afternoon.

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Seafire

definitely!

Pitchers?

Kate Brown in the buff?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DouginAlaska
Guess you guys don’t have UMV in the lower 48. Cost is a little higher but in and out. DMV is a nightmare, I’d rather pay a few bucks morel

Yup, dmv is a fuucken nightmare here, but you can be in and out of the privately owned UMV in 5 minutes. Kinda telling.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Most people here on the fire would probably agree California has the most jacked up politics in the Country. So it stands to reason it might have the worst DMV. After all it is state government. I can attest after sitting in one for two-four hours on multiple occasions, it’s pretty bad. I can’t imagine it getting much worse.

Last edited by Farming; 01/18/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
wow, makes me appreciate mine

since covid they have installed a computer system that texts you and tells you what person to go to and they put in benches for you to sit down while you wait. Normally takes 15 minutes.

if you don't have everything you need, you go get what you need, come back and they remember your original number and bump you to next in line.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Here in Nevada you can renew on the internet and get yoy new sticker in 3 0r 4 days. BUT i bought a new travel trailer and the wait to go in to the office to register is now over 90 days, hope I can use by summer.We just had a new DMV building built for about 60 million, a reak show piece, but only have 4 more windows than the old one which was shut down. Old DMV built in the 60's, population is up 20 times in our county, added 4 windows. Go figure.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Didn't even occur to me until I reread some of the Covid related posts... do your DMVs require masks or other Rona stuff?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Having to show up at the DMV in this liberal squalor makes my roids swell!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Didn't even occur to me until I reread some of the Covid related posts... do your DMVs require masks or other Rona stuff?

No, but we've been basically mask free the whole time.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I do my tags online. They charge a bit extra to use a CC but it's less than I'd pay for gas to go to their office.
Boats and off road vehicles are now handled by the state parks dept. Just enter it online and a week later you have the stickers.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
By appt only now in AK- usually a 2 month wait. Before covid it was walk-in, and up to 2 hours, depending on the line.

Private "Express" services have sprung up. In and out in minutes, barring a waiting line- usually 0-5. then it might take 30-40 minutes if one has all the documentation lined up. And the extra fee. Worth it. I no longer do DMV.

They might as well close all branches that have Express businesses in town.

You have to LOL at the sloths running the DMV in that cartoon movie - so true!

Last edited by las; 01/19/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (bbassi, 10gaugemag, BALLISTIK, beefan, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, 11 invisible), 1,285 guests, and 970 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,230
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.