Home
Posted By: Beaver10 Ren50....Duck Hunt Pictures. - 01/22/22
Got my ass out of bed for my last day of duck hunting. The weather was all wrong (see pictures) and so was the tide. Hit the water with 90 minutes before a low tide of 2.6’ft.

Low tides can make it a smidge sketchy navigating the boat through the small channel to get to where I like to hunt. Even running a pump motor, I still smacked 3 different logs just under the waters surface. All good, the transom held. A prop motor might have suffered a dent or ding on a blade though.

I will definitely need to figure out an alternative route next season on low tides when I switch out my pump motor to a prop. Honda 4 stroke 50hp coming in May, or so they say (see supply chain issues and Go Brandon).

Enough yapping. Here’s the pictures. Killed 6, lost 2 birds to a seam of fast current that rafted my ducks out into the bay. I emptied my Benelli’s guts 3 times without feather or leg dropping on others - complete whiffs.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Geese were abundant....Ducks, not so much.

Waiting for Daffy Duck to fly by.

And here’s the perfect weather for duck hunting ~ Sunny, clear, and little to no wind.

A few that got doomed by believing my duck calling meant safety.

Cool Drake with Jeri Curls...LOL

Beave out...🦫
Is that a bufflehead on the end?
Originally Posted by Mike78

Yes. Drake Buffy.

🦫
That last photo is great Beav !
That pintail have a good sprig?
Posted By: Cigar Re: Ren50....Duck Hunt Pictures. - 01/22/22
Awesome
By yourself ?
Is that one of them Bananni shotguns?
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Yep!
Originally Posted by 19352012

Pretty decent. If it would have be a drake pin, I’d have taken better pictures of it.

🦫
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Yep!

Thanks!

I’m by no means a picture maestro. I actually suck at it. Just caught a good one on the mallard 🦆

🦫
Originally Posted by slumlord
By yourself ?

Yes.

I left without my water wings too. Damn it.

🦫
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Is that one of them Bananni shotguns?

Guilty...M2

🦫
Posted By: 673 Re: Ren50....Duck Hunt Pictures. - 01/22/22
Nice!
Not a bad mixed bag. That has to be interesting hunting tides like that…definitely adds another element to the hunt. We skipped out this morning, had a couple inches of snow last night which turned the roads into a mess and didn’t want to risk towing the boat on ice pack. It’s been a slow season for us in NC, doesn’t seem we have ever gotten a good push of migrating birds.
Funniest non-drake sprig yet...
With the rising sea levels, all of that will be ten foot deeper next season.
Originally Posted by SandBilly
With the rising sea levels, all of that will be ten foot deeper next season.

Just ask Greta.....She knows everything about global warming. And she’s 19. 🙄

🦫
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Pretty decent. If it would have be a drake pin, I’d have taken better pictures of it.

🦫

Non binary?
😳
Nice!!!!
Daffy Duck to fly by🤣🤣🤣🤣
Boom Chakalacka mutha fugger.

All I did today was go to a couple of LGS.

Got to witness a 8 or 9 girl clearing handguns to show customers multiple times
Safe handling.
Clear em to and from.
Carried herself like she has done it many times...
Kudo,s to the kid for that I geuss.....🥴🥴🙄

Momma the FFL holder not their at all...
Phatt fugg mid 20,s older sister in charge for the day I geuss.
She has always been a dullard and dimwitted only reason she has a job is cause its family.

Let 8 or 9 yr kid sister show customers multiple handguns....
Rolling on her own.
Can I show you a gun sir???

Bout 4 of us seeing this totally blown the fugg away as it was happening..

My earlier msg call was returned.
Person said they are gonna go put the fear of god in the dumb fugg owners about this....
Aint gonna fugg em up license or business wise.
Just pay em a official azz reaming visit
Give them a bussiness morality lecture about having 8 or 9 yr olds handling firearms and showing them for sale to customers.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Not a bad mixed bag. That has to be interesting hunting tides like that…definitely adds another element to the hunt. We skipped out this morning, had a couple inches of snow last night which turned the roads into a mess and didn’t want to risk towing the boat on ice pack. It’s been a slow season for us in NC, doesn’t seem we have ever gotten a good push of migrating birds.

I hit some black ice on the way to the dock...Truck, then trailer heading into the oncoming lane. Steered out of it without an issue.

Couple hours later across the bay I hear Police, Fire, and EMS light up and head towards where I lost control. Long story short. When I came through heading back home. A Stater was flagging traffic across from a bad wreck.

Minivan lost control and got T-boned by an oncoming Dodge SUV....I stopped and ask the Stater if they people were ok....He said “No Sir, they’re in bad shape.”

Only difference, I imagine was speed. I was doing 35 MPH because of ice. 2 hours later the sun was up and someone didn’t think that spots on the road still in the shadows can be slick. I’m guessing, but it looked like a 45-50 MPH wreck from the damage.

🦫
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

🦫

Non binary?
😳

It identified itself as Fowl/Hen/Duck...But I’m not really certain what it is.

Lol

🦫

🦫

Non binary?
😳

Lol

🦫

Marilyn Manson Duck???

🦫

Non binary?
😳

Lol

🦫

There’s only one 👩 in that 💼 .
🙊
BTW, good shootin/good pics!
Oh damn...Marilyn Manson is a duck hunter?

Crazy 😜

🦫
Originally Posted by renegade50
Nice!!!!
Daffy Duck to fly by🤣🤣🤣🤣

Safe handling.
Clear em to and from.

She has always been a dullard and dimwitted only reason she has a job is cause its family.

Rolling on her own.

Person said they are gonna go put the fear of god in the dumb fugg owners about this....
Give them a bussiness morality lecture about having 8 or 9 yr olds handling firearms and showing them for sale to customers.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Yes. Drake Buffy.

🦫

you gonna grill, fry, fricasee, bake, broil, or stew it?
Great job Beav.

I went Thursday, the first day well since the Covid. Didnt get too bad but was on 2 Hydroxychloroquine per week plus the other stuff. Got kinda worried the Friday before and went in, got tested neg, got decadron and ab injection. Figured i would test neg as i had poured some betadine in a bottle of sterile saline nasal spray and been snorting it a lot. Jumprd up the D3 to 20,000 and Z Sulphate to 220, jumprd C to 6000, doubled on NAC, 2 Melatonin in pm, doubled selinium and hand held budesonide.

Drove 110 to Prcos at Orla after the last norther dropped temps there to 18 at night hoping it brought some greenheads down.

Covered a lot of river w no ducks before driving up a hill and spotting a flock a third mile up river with binocs. Drove to river and headed up on foot looping in where they had been. Gone. Hauled ass up river swimming after having seen the truck stationary on the hill and me looking st them with binocs through the windshield. Crap.

Start looping up the river through brush and weeds a blowdowns of old salt cedar from helicopter spraying years ago. A bitch.

Finally jump one straggler 50 yards below the main flock of 30 and throw up and spot shoot. Dont know how i missed but hes gaining power, speed and altitude. Put the bead on the tip of his quack and swing with him and KABOOM. He folds in flight graveyard dead but since the first shot missed he had pulled away and fell in the thick schiett across the river. Crap. No rod reel and Lucky 13 gonna get him, and he was Uge.

Crap. A half mile up or down river to a shallow crossing and im already wore about out from looping up river climbing banks and crossing blowdowns to get to river and look for them through the brush.

I get down to the edge and see 70 yds up a little island and shallower. Make it up there, sit in dead grass, pull off the Lacrosses, wool socks, Wrangler insulated jeans, Quail Run finest made medium thick Moreno longjohns and underwear and step in slush ice lining the shore. Wade across with water a little over a foot deep but sinking in mud and silt another foot holding up Heny with one hand and keeping balance with an 8 foot salt cedar staff while pulling out one foot after another.

Got across and worked down stream through the brush and stobs and weeds barefoot and laid the talley whaker grabbers on the big bastid. Uge.

Rested then headed back again. Got sat on the grass and wiped stinky mud off feet and from between toes afrte drying legs and nuts with the Fruit of the Looms. Wrapped my feet in the Quail Runs and waited for some feeling to return. Feels weird trying to pull heavy wool socks on feet you can see but cant feel. Was so worn out it took some doing to pull those LaCrosses up and on over my high instep with heavy wool socks. You'll learn when you get old enough that pulling on tight boots can be an exhausting event.

Was doing well but tired by the time i made it back to the truck. I love Quail Run Moreno longjohns.

Here he is. 44 inches wing tip to wing tip. I was wore out and headed home.

great pictures,I hope to be hunting them next weekend as that is when we were drawn for a blind.

Cool Drake with Jeri Curls...LOL

Beave out...🦫

I'm old enough to think I remember my folks calling that a DA haircut in the 50's.

Short for Duck's Ass, they told me.
that's one heck of a hunt story Jag!
Nice!!!!
Daffy Duck to fly by🤣🤣🤣🤣

Safe handling.
Clear em to and from.

Rolling on her own.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I was gonna stick around and wait at the counter for my turn to ask the little girl if she could have shown me a Gen 5 G34 MOS🥴🥴🥴🙄🙄🙄🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Thanks, Vals. Gettin too old for this stuff.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Ha ha,

yeah, I think about that stuff too.

but sometimes I keep doin' it anyway.

Ha ha,

Got to. Dont know if we'll be able to next year.
Great job Beav.

I went Thursday, the first day well since the Covid. Didnt get too bad but was on 2 Hydroxychloroquine per week plus the other stuff. Got kinda worried the Friday before and went in, got tested neg, got decadron and ab injection. Figured i would test neg as i had poured some betadine in a bottle of sterile saline nasal spray and been snorting it a lot. Jumprd up the D3 to 20,000 and Z Sulphate to 220, jumprd C to 6000, doubled on NAC, 2 Melatonin in pm, doubled selinium and hand held budesonide.

Drove 110 to Prcos at Orla after the last norther dropped temps there to 18 at night hoping it brought some greenheads down.

Covered a lot of river w no ducks before driving up a hill and spotting a flock a third mile up river with binocs. Drove to river and headed up on foot looping in where they had been. Gone. Hauled ass up river swimming after having seen the truck stationary on the hill and me looking st them with binocs through the windshield. Crap.

Start looping up the river through brush and weeds a blowdowns of old salt cedar from helicopter spraying years ago. A bitch.

Finally jump one straggler 50 yards below the main flock of 30 and throw up and spot shoot. Dont know how i missed but hes gaining power, speed and altitude. Put the bead on the tip of his quack and swing with him and KABOOM. He folds in flight graveyard dead but since the first shot missed he had pulled away and fell in the thick schiett across the river. Crap. No rod reel and Lucky 13 gonna get him, and he was Uge.

Crap. A half mile up or down river to a shallow crossing and im already wore about out from looping up river climbing banks and crossing blowdowns to get to river and look for them through the brush.

I get down to the edge and see 70 yds up a little island and shallower. Make it up there, sit in dead grass, pull off the Lacrosses, wool socks, Wrangler insulated jeans, Quail Run finest made medium thick Moreno longjohns and underwear and step in slush ice lining the shore. Wade across with water a little over a foot deep but sinking in mud and silt another foot holding up Heny with one hand and keeping balance with an 8 foot salt cedar staff while pulling out one foot after another.

Got across and worked down stream through the brush and stobs and weeds barefoot and laid the talley whaker grabbers on the big bastid. Uge.

Rested then headed back again. Got sat on the grass and wiped stinky mud off feet and from between toes afrte drying legs and nuts with the Fruit of the Looms. Wrapped my feet in the Quail Runs and waited for some feeling to return. Feels weird trying to pull heavy wool socks on feet you can see but cant feel. Was so worn out it took some doing to pull those LaCrosses up and on over my high instep with heavy wool socks. You'll learn when you get old enough that pulling on tight boots can be an exhausting event.

Was doing well but tired by the time i made it back to the truck. I love Quail Run Moreno longjohns.

Holy fugg..
All that for 1 duck???

You oughta get it stuffed!!!
👍👍👍😄😄😄
BTW, good shootin/good pics!

I missed a pair of Wigeon that strafed me on the outer edge of the decoys. I gave them the 🖕🏾as they left me looking stupid and asking “How’d I miss those?”

🤦‍♀️🦫

Yes. Drake Buffy.

🦫

The plan was to pluck the two mallards and give them the oven treatment for dinner tonight.

That was the plan, until I asked the wife if she wanted duck for dinner?

Her first word was Fûck the second word was No.

Guess she meant it, when she told me at the time I decided to get back into duck hunting, that she hates duck.

🦫

Great job Beav.

Holy fugg..
All that for 1 duck???

👍👍👍😄😄😄

Just wait until you get old there fella.

You might even forget one day and go back where the haints are!

Busy clearing trails and shooting lanes, all of a sudden renegade looks up and sees the Lady Behind the Tree.
Great job Beav.

Jag,

That’s a lot of work for a duck.

Wait, I bought a boat, and decoys, and shells, and another shotgun, and new waders.

Never mind.

😬🦫

Yes. Drake Buffy.

🦫

The plan was to pluck the two mallards and give them the oven treatment for dinner tonight.

Guess she meant it, when she told me at the time I decided to get back into duck hunting, that she hates duck.

🦫

you still didn't answer the question. The only duck in that string of text was a "Drake Buffy".

Ha ha,

That was my answer to my older bro when I texted him this pic of a little "stairway" I climbed down from the plateau above. While carrying a 10lb rifle and a 15-20 lb. day pack. And over 60 at the time, with a bad knee.

Reminds me, I may have to put in for that tag again, it was a fun hunt.

🦫

Non binary?
😳

Lol

🦫

The duck also known as Non-Binary....Also misidentified as a Hen Pintail by yours truly, has been correctly identified.

A young Pintail Drake.

That is all.

🦫

I have a new A400 black, this thread made me think of it and get it out.

Looking for 45 minutes before I found it.

I was skeered…

I hear them pintails are yummy.

Yes. Drake Buffy.

🦫

🦫

you still didn't answer the question. The only duck in that string of text was a "Drake Buffy".

Buffs, get breasted and fried in bacon fat.

🦫

I was skeered…

I’m missing a brand new GunFighterInc holster. I’m pissed, it was a special order. I can’t find it anywhere.

It’s not a A400, but still. Losing, misplacing things is a PITA

Nice shotgun!
🤬🦫

Yep
mmmmn?

buddy of mine says don't shoot them. Not so good.

Next time I get a chance I will try it....................................but I'm not a duck hunter. Only gone once or was it twice?

I'm out of breath and tired just reading it...

Ha ha,

That was my answer to my older bro when I texted him this pic of a little "stairway" I climbed down from the plateau above. While carrying a 10lb rifle and a 15-20 lb. day pack. And over 60 at the time, with a bad knee.

Well at least the scenery was nice. Don't let the old man in!

Yes. Drake Buffy.

🦫

🦫

🦫

Thanks, Beav. Ill remember that for redheads and cans.
Have you tried soaking them in milk and Allegro a day before grilling the fillets?
Great job Beav.

Jag,

Wait, I bought a boat, and decoys, and shells, and another shotgun, and new waders.

Never mind.

😬🦫

All that and then tosses it in a dumpster behind the Captain D’s

I was skeered…

I’m missing a brand new GunFighterInc holster. I’m pissed, it was a special order. I can’t find it anywhere.

It’s not a A400, but still. Losing, misplacing things is a PITA

Nice shotgun!
🤬🦫

I've been lusting after one of those A400s. Nice shotty.
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Ha ha,

Kind of bummed, I had a javelina hunt planned for a few hundred miles NW of that spot starting in early Feb. Had to cancel due to an injured dog, and more importantly Brandon's inflation gas prices. Figured in my truck it was going to cost close to $400 just for gas in my Tacoma, and I can't justify that for the vacation even if I was to be successful.

Saving the money and putting in for elk, deer, or maybe even a sheep as I have a bunch of points on that last one.

Knee has been replaced, so I'm good to go in that respect!
Great job Beav.

Jag,

Never mind.

😬🦫

All that and then tosses it in a dumpster behind the Captain D’s

Gut that SOB, in the fridge a week, fillet off breast meat, slice in strips across the grain, roll in egg and flour and chicken fry. Get the bowl of Ranch Dip and slap yo momma.

Ha ha,

Beautiful. Wish i had ever freaking been there. Thanks for sharing.

🦫

Really? Those diver duck Buffleheads are pretty to look at but taste like mud and rotten fish.

Dog food

Ha ha,

Beautiful. Wish i had ever freaking been there. Thanks for sharing.

Not too far from Sedona.

I prefer where I was to the tourist trap there.

Yes. Drake Buffy.

🦫

🦫

🦫

Thanks, Beav. Ill remember that for redheads and cans.
Have you tried soaking them in milk and Allegro a day before grilling the fillets?

No, I haven’t tried it. I started a thread several months back ~ maybe September or early October! where I asked for ways to cook duck.

I got a lot of good suggestions...TimberRunner is a god with duck. Probably other food as well. Look for that thread. You might appreciate the suggestions like I did.

👍🏼🦫
Seems like I saw a duck once when I was a kid.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Build a pond.

Build it and they will come.

Build a pond.

Does it have to have water in it?

Ha ha,

Kind of bummed, I had a javelina hunt planned for a few hundred miles NW of that spot starting in early Feb. Had to cancel due to an injured dog, and more importantly Brandon's inflation gas prices. Figured in my truck it was going to cost close to $400 just for gas in my Tacoma, and I can't justify that for the vacation even if I was to be successful.

Saving the money and putting in for elk, deer, or maybe even a sheep as I have a bunch of points on that last one.

Knee has been replaced, so I'm good to go in that respect!

I would love to see you on another sheep hunt...Elk would be cool, too.

Hope you draw a tag, G

🦫
Great job Beav.

Holy fugg..
All that for 1 duck???

👍👍👍😄😄😄

[bleep] you. I was intending on getting two.

Im still waiting on the end of the year absence where us dumbfugks were worring about you not knowing we were waiting on our hero to get us pics of a big buck.
Originally Posted by Morewood

🦫

Really? Those diver duck Buffleheads are pretty to look at but taste like mud and rotten fish.

Dog food

I haven’t had that experience....Yet 🥴

🦫
Mmmmm.. mud..

Build a pond.

Jimbo, would need to learn how to properly blow...

a duck call first.

🦫
Mmmmm.. mud..

You see the stuff slummer eats?

#FreezerBurnCirca1982.

Lol

🦫

🦫

Dog food

Dogs gotta eat too....🤷🏽‍♀️🦫
Slum, put a couple plucked good ducks in a pot and boil. Debone the meat and put it in cornbread dressing.

Or, use the juice and make duck and rice.
Great job Beav.

Holy fugg..
All that for 1 duck???

👍👍👍😄😄😄

Im still waiting on the end of the year absence where us dumbfugks were worring about you not knowing we were waiting on our hero to get us pics of a big buck.

I meant it nicely after all you went thru to kill it, with humor added.

I failed on the "banned" buck quest those 3weeks for my 30k post
😔😔😔😔😔
But I also let 3 8,s walk in my hunting areas during that time.
Let em go let em grow.

👍👍👍👍

🦫

Dog food

Take em to the cooler at Ft Lewis.
Posted By: poboy Re: Ren50....Duck Hunt Pictures. - 01/22/22
Way to go Ralph!

🦫

Dog food

Catch and release duck is best....What a specimen! back to the marsh you go little buddy!!!

I hit some black ice on the way to the dock...Truck, then trailer heading into the oncoming lane. Steered out of it without an issue.

Couple hours later across the bay I hear Police, Fire, and EMS light up and head towards where I lost control. Long story short. When I came through heading back home. A Stater was flagging traffic across from a bad wreck.

Minivan lost control and got T-boned by an oncoming Dodge SUV....I stopped and ask the Stater if they people were ok....He said “No Sir, they’re in bad shape.”

Only difference, I imagine was speed. I was doing 35 MPH because of ice. 2 hours later the sun was up and someone didn’t think that spots on the road still in the shadows can be slick. I’m guessing, but it looked like a 45-50 MPH wreck from the damage.

🦫

Saw the mini van maroon colored if it’s the same one on the wrecker. It didn’t look good with the side shoved in a couple of feet
Great job Beav.

Holy fugg..
All that for 1 duck???

👍👍👍😄😄😄

I meant it nicely after all you went thru to kill it, with humor added.

I failed on the "banned" buck quest those 3weeks for my 30k post
😔😔😔😔😔
But I also let 3 8,s walk in my hunting areas during that time.
Let em go let em grow.

👍👍👍👍

God Bless you Rene. I knew you haddit in ya. I know you will getter done or it aint the fughk gettin done.
So glad to see Slummer put the skids to a slammer. Only so much good can hapoen in one year, Rene.
Posted By: buddy Re: Ren50....Duck Hunt Pictures. - 01/22/22
Beaver; What river were you hunting ? I used to hunt the Alsea in early 90`s. Ken
Originally Posted by hillestadj

🦫

Dog food

Catch and release duck is best....What a specimen! back to the marsh you go little buddy!!!

The best post on my thread asking “How to best cook duck”...Was “stomp them into the mud and go home”

Pretty sure it was you....Still hilarious!

😬🦫
Originally Posted by Nestucca

🦫

Saw the mini van maroon colored if it’s the same one on the wrecker. It didn’t look good with the side shoved in a couple of feet

That was the one!

Looked pretty bad.

🦫
Originally Posted by hillestadj

🦫

Dog food

The best post on my thread asking “How to best cook duck”...Was “stomp them into the mud and go home”

Pretty sure it was you....Still hilarious!

😬🦫

Not sayin' I'd do such a thing. Just sayin'...
👍👍👍

That buck slumlord shot played stump the dummy with both of us in 2020.
Glad as fugg he killed him this year and some trailerite baiter around the border didnt.
👍🤘🤘👍👍👍
Originally Posted by buddy
Beaver; What river were you hunting ? I used to hunt the Alsea in early 90`s. Ken

I hunt on the Nehalem Bay, right across from the small town of Wheeler. There’s a few large island marshes there.

🦫
👍👍👍

That buck slumlord shot played stump the dummy with both of us in 2020.
Glad as fugg he killed him this year and some trailerite baiter around the border didnt.
👍🤘🤘👍👍👍

Yep. Slum had me convinced he was only limited to the young bucks as the fence liners had him choked down, Rene.

I know what you can do with those oldsters that will eventually slip through.
Beaver10;
Good afternoon Brother Beav, I'll assume from the fine photos and hunt story that you're doing fine today, at least for the time being.

Thanks so much for sharing the hunt with us, one of the big reasons I like to pull up a log at our cyber 'Fire is seeing how other people hunt in places I've never been.

All the best to you for the rest of the weekend and thanks again.

Dwayne
Originally Posted by buddy

I hunt on the Nehalem Bay, right across from the small town of Wheeler. There’s a few large island marshes there.

🦫

That picture looked awful familiar.

The Nehalem jaws is one of my favorite spots for salmon in the early fall - silvers and 'nooks both.

I dun told you the WX was going to be too nice today for duck hunting, but you made out pretty darn good. Nice mixed bag!

Hwy 20 between Philomath and Eddyville was pretty slickery this morning too. The shady spots were white and glassy.

Beautiful day at the coast.

Build a pond.

Maybe use some to at least make some mud for them?

Plow the snow over there and let it melt?

Doesn't take much, ducks ain't so smart. We've had them fly in to our seasonal creek with some snowmelt in it.

But, there may be some $$$ in it for you, apply for gooberment grants!
Conrad

Spread a 100ft blue tarp on the ground.

Ducks are stoopid
^^^^^

there ya' go Jim.

A TN solution for an Out West problem.

Them TN folks know lots about the uses of blue tarps.
I would like that very much.
Duck eating quality os a function of what they eat and the quality of the water they swim in. Lots of mallards here are hprrible, eating nothing but salmon eggs for months. Bufflehead are usually excellant, sprig too.

Well done! 😎 A lot of people woulda just left that duck where it lay.
Where's the dog?

Build a pond.

Nope! Black plastic works.

Good job beav. We've been iced pretty good but stomped em today. The ice was tough on the yella dog, but he won't stop.

Got a few days left. I'm exhausted and ready for it to be over. But will try to stomp a few more.

Build a pond.

Nope! Black plastic works.

That is crazy!

I’ve never heard of such a thing. But, we get more than enough rainfall in the PNW to make lakes on otherwise dry fields.

Still, very interesting 🤔

🦫
Yeah man

Thought i was bullchitting u bout the tarp
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Good job beav. We've been iced pretty good but stomped em today. The ice was tough on the yella dog, but he won't stop.

Got a few days left. I'm exhausted and ready for it to be over. But will try to stomp a few more.

I imagine you and yellow dog are tired. You’ve been crushing birds all year!

Great stuff !

🦫

PS

Thanks again for the culinary instruction on making duck dishes. 👍🏼
Posted By: RUM7 Re: Ren50....Duck Hunt Pictures. - 01/24/22
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Duck eating quality os a function of what they eat and the quality of the water they swim in. Lots of mallards here are hprrible, eating nothing but salmon eggs for months. Bufflehead are usually excellant, sprig too.

I've heard that from a few people. That mallards in South Alaska taste like old fish. Kinda crazy.
All they eat around here is rice, rice and more rice.
Pretty tasty.

I made some speckled goose breast prosciutto recently.
Pretty good, a little greasy, but good with cheese and crackers.
Ducks are nasty even at the chinese buffet
Posted By: RUM7 Re: Ren50....Duck Hunt Pictures. - 01/24/22

Fresh and medium rare. I disagree.
Never had duck at a Chinese buffet. I stick with the fried cat.
I go by smell

😯

Arby’s Meat Curtain Samwiches you’ll devour and blast outta your ass in 30 minutes, but duck is verboten ?

😂🦫
Originally Posted by RUM7

Fresh and medium rare. I disagree.
Never had duck at a Chinese buffet. I stick with the fried cat.

That right there is the secret to cooking good 🦆. Fresh and medium rare.

I’d always over cooked cooked my ducks. It never once tasted like anything other than liver, and I hate liver.

Medium rare makes them really good.

👍🏼🦫
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

I imagine you and yellow dog are tired. You’ve been crushing birds all year!

Great stuff !

🦫

PS

Thanks again for the culinary instruction on making duck dishes. 👍🏼

Glad they could be put to use.
Nicely done!

No bands?
While hunting ducks this weekend, did duck chorizo scramble on the flat top. Whoa.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Nicely done!

No bands?

🤷🏽‍♀️🖕🏾😂🤣

🦫
© 24hourcampfire