Home
Have you had labs in the last 12 months

The HDL high density

care to discuss?
My HDL is 97, LDL is 41 because I know the secret.
Dokter says I got the good clestrolls and the bad clestrolls. That's about all i followed except he says eat more chikin so that's good cause I like me some Popeyes
Originally Posted by slumlord
Have you had labs in the last 12 months

The HDL high density

care to discuss?

Yes. No.
Mine was 74.
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco

Genetics mostly.
My bad cholesterol was high and my good cholesterol was low. Need to work on that...

That’s phenomenal and congrats

I’d have to see the numbers to believe it though
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
Mine was 74.

Another excellent number

Anything below 40 is frowned upon
Mrs slumlord got hers back today. It was 82

She walks 4-6 miles a day, rides an exercise bike 45-90 mins

When she aint doing either, she is walking in place, gets annoying and creeps people out. Doing that chit on elevators, zoom meetings, etc

Mine was 74.

Genetics mostly.

Shhhhhh! (It's a secret)
I don't know my numbers but I get a complete physical every year with full blood panel and my doc tells me to keep doing what I'm doing. My numbers are great. It must be genetic because I eat anything I want, and all I want.
Originally Posted by hotsoup
I don't know my numbers but I get a complete physical every year with full blood panel and my doc tells me to keep doing what I'm doing. My numbers are great. It must be genetic because I eat anything I want, and all I want.

Mine are decent for what they should or could be. Considering I’m sitting here eating a family bag of Funyuns, killed a Butterfinger and a mountain dew at noon
Wait?!?!?! You mean there’s a bad cholesterol????
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Not bad cholesterol, just too much of a good thing.
Yes 36 should be 40 or higher
Just got labs back, doc didn’t mention anything.

I don’t even see it listed
Just got put on stronger cholesterol meds because apparently we had a little too much brisket, baked beans, and tater salad at Xmas......
HDL 98 LDL 107 , Doc said either I don't eat junk food, or I metabolize it really well.

Great numbers dudes

So where’s all the steak eating, sausage and greasy eggs every morning people’s numbers?

Is that still a thing? Do people still have bad numbers over 300?

What about Triglycerides?

No one gonna post lab snaps?
Present
I think my wife has a copy of mine somewhere.

Here’s mine

I mean, I’m darn near half dead from kidney failure.

But my glucose is 90

And here’s my lipid panel in that sweet spot 10 days aftrr Thanksgiving

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]post images

Yep, it's caused by bacon. So don't eat any more bacon, send it to me for disposal.
The peanut butter pretzels kingston sent me probably aint helping my cause.

Hey!!!!!
WTF!!!!
Epiphany moment.

Kingston you evil fugga!!!!!

😄🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴😄😄😄😄😄
Originally Posted by smokepole

Yep, it's caused by bacon. So don't eat any more bacon, send it to me for disposal.

That my smokey friend ain’t happening! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
And I’m not on statins

I refuse to do statins. I’m about as Alex Jones anti statin as yall are about that magnetic vaccine.
Yes, quite recently! My total numbers have always been pretty high, but when doing the ratio, I was almost out of range to the good side. Over the last 35 years, that ratio has slipped a bit....but, I’m still within the safe zone! Triglycerides are well within range for my age!

Bacon or sausage, potato (medium to large), grated cheese and 3 or 4 large eggs almost every morning!

“Knock on wood”.....no medications taken! memtb
Originally Posted by 270jrk
My bad cholesterol was high and my good cholesterol was low. Need to work on that...

What's bad cholesterol?
Me and Renegade knew some DULLARD that had Triglycerides up i to the 700s (seven hundred)

I laughed when I seen it

Renegade asked him if he ate gravy at every meal

unbelievable and YES I seen his labs. He got put into a remedial program by our Wellness counselor
Originally Posted by victoro

What's bad cholesterol?

low density lipid
LDL

Cmon mr vaccine genius
I had a blood workup today. These days, if mine doesn't clot up in the test tube they call it good.

Great numbers dudes

So where’s all the steak eating, sausage and greasy eggs every morning people’s numbers?

You rang grin

I busted my physical before Thanksgiving over my LDL, it was like 194. They gave me a second chance a week later,, it was over 200. That cost me $14,000.00 dollars for a 40 day gig.

My total was around 300 right after the first of the year.

FYI, if anyone is thinking about going to a no/low carb diet, eating a super sized bag of beef Jerky and a bag of pork rinds every day isn't the way to do it.
Finally

That’s the spirit !!

🤩
What was the $14,000 40 day gig? Repatha? Just started on it.
And I’m not on statins

I refuse to do statins. I’m about as Alex Jones anti statin as yall are about that magnetic vaccine.

I'm with you. My LDL cholesterol has always been high as far as I know but I refuse to take a statin drug. They made me extremely tired the few times I tried them many years ago and they can cause diabetes. I was 79 a few days ago and I'm the healthiest senior citizen I know of. I feel great and take no prescription medications. LDL is the best anti-inflammatory there is for arteries damaged by diet (mainly sugar) and stress. I get checked out by a Cardiologist every year and he agrees with me. I have never had any physical symptoms of cardiovascular disease (including ED).
Just had my labs done last week.

Cholesterol was 151 with an HDL of 39. These numbers are worthless by themselves to know your risk of heart problems. The below link does a much better job of calculating your risk.

I am 2.9%. Calculate yours.

https://www.mdcalc.com/framingham-risk-score-hard-coronary-heart-disease
Originally Posted by victoro

What's bad cholesterol?

low density lipid
LDL

Cmon mr vaccine genius

Turns out I was right about the covid vaccines. They give you zero immunity to covid.
hdl 56, ldl 130
Finally

That’s the spirit !!

🤩

It's actually kind of Roger's fault whistle

A couple of years ago, he was talking about going back to drilling.

I'm reading this thinking how can I consider myself a man of the world having never worked on a drilling rig. So I have to get a job on a drill rig so I can check that off my list.

I get a doctor in SLC and the nurse is checking my history. She ask how many sugary drinks I drink per day. I said somewhere between a half a case and a case of sodas a day.

My new doctor comes in and about [bleep] when he figures out I drink 12 to 24 sodas a day. Then he ask me about my diet grin

I tell him I eat one meal a day and and the rest of the time I eat rice crispy treats. Naturally he is intrigued by this diet and wants to know the thought process behind it.

So I explained that I was living in a man camp and eat a meal before we leave and can eat rice Krispy Treats straight from the package with drilling mud all over my hands.

He's the one that recommended the beef jerky as a healthier alternative. I don't think he had any idea that a $10.00 great value bulk bag from Walmart along with a bag of pork rinds was going to be the foundation for my low carb diet.
Doc didn’t have any concerns, I guess.

All I eat is meat, sometimes with pasta.

Spam
Bacon
Butter
IDC

That’s phenomenal and congrats

I’d have to see the numbers to believe it though

I eat normal but added 5 tablespoons of Avocado oil daily. My docs prescribe it to others now, takes about 6 months to see a big change. I also DO NOT eat nightshade vegetables or fungi. Basically Tom Brady Diet.

My triglycerides are 50.

I do exercise and eat right though.

Basically [bleep] grease will screw you up, the best oil overall is Avocado, second maybe olive oil.

I eat eggs and butter every day.
Even your LDL is astounding.

I’ve never seen an inverse ratio
I dont go out of my way to eat or not eat

One thing, I only eat once a day and that’s usually about 3pm

Today was just an odd day

And according to renegade50 I “only eat poptarts slathered in butter, and not just regular horrific butter but the DREADED salted butter”

LOL

Me and Renegade knew some DULLARD that had Triglycerides up i to the 700s (seven hundred)

I laughed when I seen it

unbelievable and YES I seen his labs. He got put into a remedial program by our Wellness counselor

Fugging 0w20 flowing in him.

🥴🥴🥴😄😄😄
Even your LDL is astounding.

I’ve never seen an inverse ratio

I eat pretty consistently so it was apparent the avocado oil made the difference. I eat about 7 meals per day. 2 small breakfasts (6&9) usually consists of egg tacos, two lunches (12 & 2:30) usually chicken soup, two suppers usually a meat, starch and vegetables. Then something sweet before I brush my teeth and go to bed.

I’m convinced its the amount of unnatural grease that messes folk up.

And according to renegade50 I “only eat poptarts slathered in butter, and not just regular horrific butter but the DREADED salted butter”

LOL

It's 5: 10 am

Some November morning in any year you can pick for the past 12

Twinkie the Kid is chowing on a pop tart slathered in butter and chugging a Mt Dew....
I dont know how his #,s are so good??
And I have seen them numerous times.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😄😄😄🌠🌠🌠

Great numbers dudes

I need to go in get and have labs done.

Been 3-4 years and it was high back then.
HDL 34 LDL 37 Doc says I have no problems
Mine was 74.

Another excellent number

About 6 months ago it was 19, probably the same today. No matter what I do I can't bring it up, went two years on a low fat 12mg a day or less diet and the numbers stayed the same. I'm 58 had a stint put in my LAD at 55. I see many more stints in my future.
I’m due for bloodwork, mine probably sucks!
53 last March.

LDL like 115.

I'm one of the genetically damaged. If not for statins the total would likely be over 300. I've had totals over 300 before the drugs.

My dad had totals over 400.

Diet made zero difference.
Originally Posted by renegade50

LOL

It's 5: 10 am

Some November morning in any year you can pick for the past 12

Twinkie the Kid is chowing on a pop tart slathered in butter and chugging a Mt Dew....
I dont know how his #,s are so good??
And I have seen them numerous times.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😄😄😄🌠🌠🌠

😀😀
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Mine was 74.

Another excellent number

About 6 months ago it was 19, probably the same today. No matter what I do I can't bring it up, went two years on a low fat 12mg a day or less diet and the numbers stayed the same. I'm 58 had a stint put in my LAD at 55. I see many more stints in my future.

I used to read into it that weights and strength training would being up your HDL
i have no idea if that is still valid convention
Nope. Stopped worrying about it after having a calcium heart scan. Even my Statin Nazi doctor had to admit that “ your chances of dying from a heart attack are very low”, after my test result was zero, nada, bupkis. No issues with sugar either, but I’m doing keto to get un-fat, and prevent future trouble. Sugar, in all its forms, is The Devil. Get away from it for a bit, and the craving goes away.

Next blood work, in three months, will tell the tale. Treating a number without looking at the entire picture, is the easy way out, and many doctors take it. I had to pay for that test myself, but it was cheap compared to taking drugs for the rest of my life that made me feel like crap, and also compared to worrying about a number without evidence of other trouble indicators.
The peanut butter pretzels kingston sent me probably aint helping my cause.

Hey!!!!!
WTF!!!!
Epiphany moment.

Kingston you evil fugga!!!!!

😄🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴😄😄😄😄😄

I warned you.

About all of this.
Originally Posted by DryPowder

It's actually kind of Roger's fault whistle

A couple of years ago, he was talking about going back to drilling.

I'm reading this thinking how can I consider myself a man of the world having never worked on a drilling rig. So I have to get a job on a drill rig so I can check that off my list.

I get a doctor in SLC and the nurse is checking my history. She ask how many sugary drinks I drink per day. I said somewhere between a half a case and a case of sodas a day.

My new doctor comes in and about [bleep] when he figures out I drink 12 to 24 sodas a day. Then he ask me about my diet grin

I tell him I eat one meal a day and and the rest of the time I eat rice crispy treats. Naturally he is intrigued by this diet and wants to know the thought process behind it.

So I explained that I was living in a man camp and eat a meal before we leave and can eat rice Krispy Treats straight from the package with drilling mud all over my hands.

He's the one that recommended the beef jerky as a healthier alternative. I don't think he had any idea that a $10.00 great value bulk bag from Walmart along with a bag of pork rinds was going to be the foundation for my low carb diet.

I fückin' literally laughed out loud reading this.

Twice
No, doc won’t run them anymore, says I keep busting the curve.....

Lost some weight between checkups about 4 years ago after going low carb. He got excited, figured that would do it, and he could finally wag his finger and give me a talking to.

Nope. LDL in the borderline low category, HDL borderline high.

Anyone thinking you can improve your cholesterol numbers by eating a low fat diet has been deceived and is going the exact wrong direction: carbs, particularly refined sugars, cause bad cholesterol numbers. Healthy fats (wild game, grass fed beef and dairy, fish, free range eggs, avocados, olive oil) will decrease arterial inflammation, which brings down LDL. Increased anti oxidants (berries, salmon, squashes, anything with deep colors) and green vegetables also provide protection.
(((Cholesterol)))
Originally Posted by Dutch
No, doc won’t run them anymore, says I keep busting the curve.....

Lost some weight between checkups about 4 years ago after going low carb. He got excited, figured that would do it, and he could finally wag his finger and give me a talking to.

Nope. LDL in the borderline low category, HDL borderline high.

Anyone thinking you can improve your cholesterol numbers by eating a low fat diet has been deceived and is going the exact wrong direction: carbs, particularly refined sugars, cause bad cholesterol numbers. Healthy fats (wild game, grass fed beef and dairy, fish, free range eggs, avocados, olive oil) will decrease arterial inflammation, which brings down LDL. Increased anti oxidants (berries, salmon, squashes, anything with deep colors) and green vegetables also provide protection.

Dutch knows what he's talking about.
Had a stroke in late January 2021 didn't take any medications or go to a Doctor....I was very lucky a little memory loss nothing else....usually for stroke patients they keep them in the hospital for a minimum of 4 days I was out in 2....took my Drivers License away for 6 months Doctor gave it back in 10 weeks was waiting for test results to come back....they did many tests was surprised how good I did better than many healthy people that do them..... blood pressure is 121/60 average I only take 3 medications daily and with many trips to Doctors they say I'll be sticking around for a while....going to be 68 in a few months....
Dropped my cholesterol 200 points just what I ate and how much Doctors were very happy....eat only wild game or chicken and have a garden....

I laughed when I seen it

Fugging 0w20 flowing in him.

🥴🥴🥴😄😄😄

1334 here 😳
I don't.

But the doc always says "Your C is way high..... Oh wait, that's mostly good C - never mind".

Whatever that is. And no, I am not giving up eggs, bacon, red meat, (mostly game) or ice cream. I do eat a fair amount of fish, fruits, and veggies. Supper ain't supper without a green salad.
Well, my total cholesterol was 283 yesterday, down from almost 300 right after the first of the year. I was drinking a swallow of avocado oil most days due to this thread, I'll increase that since I'm seeing some results.
study, published in the health journal BMJ Open, examined 19 other studies involving a total of 68,094 people to find out the effect of high LDL cholesterol levels on older people. In almost 80% of elderly people studied, those with higher levels of LDL cholesterol lived longer than those with lower levels.Jun 13, 2016

Now that the corrupt American Heart Association has you taking a statin, they have a butt plug and a dress they want you to wear.
© 24hourcampfire