Home
I put this on the 'alternative to Carhartt' thread but added it here in case anyone else is interested.

This is normally priced at $90. Clearance price on their website is $27, free shipping. Imported but supposedly not from China. Dickies is an old reputable brand found in many farm stores. It has odd looking cuffs, though.
DICKIES COAT

[Linked Image from dickies.com]
Just pulled the trigger. Could not pass up- very cool of you Rockchuck.
Thanks! Ordered one. Can use a better snow blowing/cold weather boating coat. I like Dickies clothes. With their pants, I can point to the label and say "Kiss my Dickies."

Even better, I just got my Christmas season book royalty check, so it was free!
You guys realize Dickies is way more woke than Carhart, right?
thanks for the heads up
Originally Posted by tylerw02
I can't possibly keep up with the politics of every company I buy from.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I can't possibly keep up with the politics of every company I buy from.

This is a side thread from the Carhartt thread where everybody wants to dump Carhartt for "another brand". That isn't helping anybody. From Dickies on webpage:

https://www.dickies.com/faqs.html

The gay cuffs are a dead give away.
nice coat but i need another coat like i need another coat. my wife managed to find me at least 3 carhartts on sale at the local truckload store. i think i am set for coats, hats and overalls for the rest of my life. i guess i am a commie supporter. lol.
I'd like to support conservative companies. However, our local Walmart is in a metal building and my phone loses internet service when inside. When I'm buying a 6 pack of skivvies, I don't have time to run outside to get service to check a website for a politcal statement for each item I buy.
I'd like to support conservative companies. However, our local Walmart is in a metal building and my phone loses internet service when inside. When I'm buying a 6 pack of skivvies, I don't have time to run outside to get service to check a website for a politcal statement for each item I buy.

Why would you be mad at Carhartt for politics, then suggest a company who you don't know theirs? Common sense, man! "Carhartt is a bunch of commies, buy from these commies instead!" If you're going to suggest an alternative, you have an obligation to do your research. You obviously had internet signal when you posted the suggestion!

I don't recall me saying Carhartt was a bunch of commies. That would be saying more than I know.
Hate to see it but Dickies has joined the Woke leftist crowd.
Agree with you, RC.

Instead of this "Boycott them!" litany, I want somebody here to post a complete list of companies that do not sell products made overseas, or made by corrupt unions, or ever supported a liberal cause. I suspect it'd be a damn short list, but I'd welcome seeing it.
Ya cant win for losing on the fire boycott thing.
I'm wearing a similar wrangler wally world coat.
I hope the little buckethead slave labor kids punctured the fugg outta their fingers sewing it up.
👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Here’s one such company
https://originmaine.com/
I don't recall me saying Carhartt was a bunch of commies. That would be saying more than I know.

You offered Dickies as an alternative to those saying that.
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Here’s one such company
I don't see coats on there at all. $30 for a t-shirt? $128 for a pair of jeans? Not a chance.
I don't need it but I just ordered one.

I'll reserve it's use to keeping warm while sniping commies.

The irony.
I don't need another jacket but if they are going to damn near give them away I'm in. Thanks Rock Chuck.

Told my boy to order one and told him to tell his step dad too.
I didn't think the hoopla over Carhartt was about Wokeness, I thought it was about freedom to make your own choice and not be injected with an experimental drug. or lose your job.
Originally Posted by renegade50
I hope the little buckethead slave labor kids punctured the fugg outta their fingers sewing it up.
👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It ain't got those gay sleeves does it?
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by renegade50
👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It ain't got those gay sleeves does it?

I think it does...

😬😬😬🤣🤣🤣
I appreciate the link. I almost bought one until I realized it had a hood. Can't stand a hood on a jacket. Maybe I'll cruise the site and see if they have a non-hooded version.
They do but not at the clearance price. 2/3 off is a deal I couldn't pass up. I'll live with the freaky sleeves. It's just a chore coat.
Yep, pulled the trigger also. Seems like a great deal.
Thanks
Just grabbed one, even if it's junk it's worth 29.00 shipped

Thanks for the heads up
Well done RC. I just ordered 10 to drop off at the local shelter.
I didn't think the hoopla over Carhartt was about Wokeness, I thought it was about freedom to make your own choice and not be injected with an experimental drug. or lose your job.

i think we're beyond that now. according to the campfire collective, carhartt are commies who force their employees to abort their babies for sickle cell research.
Here’s one such company
I don't see coats on there at all. $30 for a t-shirt? $128 for a pair of jeans? Not a chance.

That was in response to RockyR wanting a list of US made goods using us made products
Here’s one such company

I don't know the economics of it, but I'm guessing they are cashing in on the
Made In.... along with the lack of scale.

Every time I hear of US made clothes I check it.
Want to support them. But using Carhart as a base good jeans are $40 or so.
I'd pay more for American, if good quality.

Not 3x as much.
Thanks for the link, been needing a new work coat
Thanks for the heads up RC. I ordered a couple for my nephews.
Originally Posted by LFC

The reinforced cuffs are an excellent feature. They control or eliminate the fraying of the fabric at the edge of the cuff, but then everyone knows that. Carhartt subject to fraying
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by EdM
Well done RC. I just ordered 10 to drop off at the local shelter.

Good on you EdM. I ordered as well.
Ill grab one to throw in the truck for just in case scenarios, but im not sure what size to get. I bought a Dri Duck Cheyenne and sent that bitch back, its built for guys with a beer gut or one of them pregnant he/shes! 45"chest ill go with LG and cross my fingers. Not fond of it hangin over my ass, but for a truck coat that ill prolly never wear wth.
I tried to order a 2xl, but it is unavailable. Did get 2 ordered in xl for the grandsons.
All sizes were available when I posted this. Seems that all the fat guys on 24hr have ordered a dozen.
All sizes were available when I posted this. Seems that all the fat guys on 24hr have ordered a dozen.

LOL

That's ok, VF Corp, owner of Dickies, was also firing their people who weren't vaccinated:

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/nike-fires-unvaccinated-employees/
I ordered a bunch for my guys.. Thanks for the heads up !!
y;all costing me money lol, told wife she said get her one too
I tried to buy a 2xl in slate gray, but when I tried to pay a message popped up that they were unavailable. Oh well, too late to the dance again.
Here’s one such company

Just about everyone in the company hunts... Jocko and Pete Roberts with someone else came out last week and said they are going to start making hunting clothes for 2023 ... This means EVERYTHING with the garment will be made in America with American Products.. From the medal in the snaps ,if it has snaps, to the fabric .. All sourced in America... Problem with me is they don't make 3 xl......
I wear Dickies. Thanks for the heads up. Got 1 in XL
I've had dickies in the past...junk. Zippers don't last.
Originally Posted by LFC

I'm thinking there was a screw up on the sleeve length and that goofy cuff was the fix.
You people do realize there is a huge clearance sale on the site not just that jacket.

No one here can go through their lives without consuming something that isn't from, made buy, sold, promoted and or sourced by some woke multinational conglomerate.
Originally Posted by Cigar
Here’s one such company

Just about everyone in the company hunts... Jocko and Pete Roberts with someone else came out last week and said they are going to start making hunting clothes for 2023 ... This means EVERYTHING with the garment will be made in America with American Products.. From the medal in the snaps ,if it has snaps, to the fabric .. All sourced in America... Problem with me is they don't make 3 xl......

With those prices they they should be able to afford some first class hunts that’s for sure.
Originally Posted by FatCity67
You people do realize there is a huge clearance sale on the site not just that jacket.

No one here can go through their lives without consuming something that isn't from, made buy, sold, promoted and or sourced by some woke multinational conglomerate.

I must have gone to their site this morning as they were putting stuff on clearance. I checked a bunch of items and only that jacket showed a clearance price. Now a lot of stuff does.
I got one before I read all the dickies woke schidt but I guess at that price and free shipping I'm probably costing them money.
Originally Posted by roundoak
Originally Posted by LFC
[quote=tylerw02]You guys realize Dickies is way more woke than Carhart, right?

The reinforced cuffs are an excellent feature. They control or eliminate the fraying of the fabric at the edge of the cuff, but then everyone knows that. Carhartt subject to fraying

Finally, someone that knows what they are talking about regarding the cuffs.
Just heads up, I got a Fedex tracking number showing in the Fedex app already. No email. Supposed to be here 2/10.
Late to the party. Med and 3XL are all that’s left.

You’re ruining the cancel vibe, man.
For those that ordered......check your bank statements. I used paypal to purchase. I was charged 29.30. I was then credited 29.30. So not sure whats up.
They might have run out of your size. Since it's a clearance, they likely won't be getting more in. Mine still shows as order being processed, no refund of the charges.
They might have run out of your size. Since it's a clearance, they likely won't be getting more in. Mine still shows as order being processed, no refund of the charges.

Pretty sure thats not the case, as I posted above I already received Fedex tracking which shows delivery on 2/10. Odd.
Originally Posted by pahick
For those that ordered......check your bank statements. I used paypal to purchase. I was charged 29.30. I was then credited 29.30. So not sure whats up.

They probably think you're a negro and just decided to give it to you.
Originally Posted by DryPowder

They probably think you're a negro and just decided to give it to you.

Works for me lol
Originally Posted by ironbender
You’re ruining the cancel vibe, man.

It's my thing.

My $27.00 was deducted today.
Mine got shipped this morning.
I check my CC account a couple times a week to watch for bad charges. I see that Dickies charged my card as ordered but then REFUNDED 95 cents the next day. I wonder what that was all about.
My actual charge was $28.96 and I got a "Shipped" email this morning. Oddly, the initial purchase showed a total of $30.24, which included Utah state sales tax.
More clearance deals FYI :

https://www.dickies.com/sale
ironically, Dickies are big with the lesbian crowd. Thought i'd throw that out there.

I buy their socks.

(Dickies, not Lesbians)

I put this on the 'alternative to Carhartt' thread but added it here in case anyone else is interested.

This is normally priced at $90. Clearance price on their website is $27, free shipping. Imported but supposedly not from China. Dickies is an old reputable brand found in many farm stores. It has odd looking cuffs, though.
DICKIES COAT

[Linked Image from dickies.com]

Nice looking coat by Dickies. They make quality coats and jackets. It might be my next pick when next I want to shop.
Have always been a fan of Walls

Do I have to drop them?
There used to be a Dickies and a Walls factory
outlet store not far from here where you could
pick up irregulars and uh-ohs for nearly nothing.
I still have a couple of barn/chore coats ( or
whatever they're called this week) that were less
than 10 dollars apiece, and a uniform type jacket
with a XXXXXL label sewn in ( damn who wears
one of those?) bought 2 of those for 5 dollars each.
Used to go buy insulated coveralls every year
from Walls at their outlet. Not quite as cheap,
but way less than the top shelf retail items.
Sometimes needed about 5 minutes worth of
sewing at home, but big woop. Save 30-40 dollars
Originally Posted by Raeford

Do I have to drop them?
Walls is owned by Dickies which is turn is owned by the VF Corp. VF owns a bunch of familiar stuff like Jansport and Northface among others.
Lets face it. Buying straight American is almost impossible these days. It's all owned by these multi-national mega-conglomerates. As soon as a quality small company makes good money, some mega-company will buy them out. Even America's rodeo and western brand, Wranglers, is now owned by an international company.
Have a Carhart insulated vest and a HD hoodie the mopwringer got me years ago. They're both warm and sturdy. Too sturdy.

They are THE most uncomfortable things I've ever tried to wear outdoors. Collar on the vest is like wearing a Conibear around your neck. Can't move my head/neck while plowing snow, with that damn jacket on. Too fookin' stiff. Tempted to take it down to my buddy's and running it through his corn drier, to see if it loosens up. But it'd probably catch afire and ruin hundreds of bushels of corn?

By comparison, borrowed a guy's baby schit brown Dickies insulated hoodie and it was no problem at all to move in comfortably. And less expensive. Got my son a set of Dickies insulated bibs when he worked in construction about ten years ago. Warmer than my camo insulated bibs and he still uses them. They're black, so the Urban League would approve.

No longer get too worked up over "boycotts". Don't buy Leatherman stuff, shop at Dick's, or spend money at the more obvious Libturd retailers. Never owned a pair of Levis. Buy Lee jeans at a local outlet and have for decades.

Here's a phrase RC might endorse as the proper response, if he was just a tad friskier? GFY.
We had a forklift driver at my old job that bought one of those stiff Carhart jackets. It was hilarious when he would sit down on the forklift, the jacket was so stiff that it would ride up to the top of his ears. lol
Wolverine, the boot company, claims that their boots are US made. They also have a line of outdoor clothing but I think it's all imported. I have a coat that's 8 or 10 years old and still has some years of wear left in it. Chinese of course. Its very similar to Carhartt and is about as stiff. It's has quite a few holes and my latest trick was wearing it while changing oil on my diesel pickup. As I pulled the plug, a gust of wind caught the oil and splattered it all over me. The coat is pretty black on 1 shoulder and it likely will never wear off.
Originally Posted by Raeford

Do I have to drop them?
Walls is owned by Dickies which is turn is owned by the VF Corp. VF owns a bunch of familiar stuff like Jansport and Northface among others.
Lets face it. Buying straight American is almost impossible these days. It's all owned by these multi-national mega-conglomerates. As soon as a quality small company makes good money, some mega-company will buy them out. Even America's rodeo and western brand, Wranglers, is now owned by an international company.

Wrangler/Lee were a part of VF until very recently.
My Walls stuff is old[very], guessing it's from when Walls was Walls...I hope.
tube,

Throw your vest in the dryer, on cold fluff.
Let it churn for the max time.
That should soften things up.

If you were a Westerner,
you would wear it in
from the inside!😉
Originally Posted by Rooster7

My $27.00 was deducted today.

Mine got shipped this morning.
I check my CC account a couple times a week to watch for bad charges. I see that Dickies charged my card as ordered but then REFUNDED 95 cents the next day. I wonder what that was all about.

Originally Posted by RockyRaab
My actual charge was $28.96 and I got a "Shipped" email this morning. Oddly, the initial purchase showed a total of $30.24, which included Utah state sales tax.

My account is still showing 29.30 charged, 29.30 credit. Maybe theyll charge me in a few days. Who knows?

And FedEx updated to Wednesday now.

Buying any kind of work or hunting boots that aren't made in China or Vietnam, is nigh impossible. Wore Carolina and Georgia work boots for years, they went ChiCom long ago. Bought a pair of Rocky 800 gram boots at least 20 years ago. China.

Have a pair of Wolverine pigskin light weight waterproof 200 gram boots, that got to be at least 30 years old? Vibrams are barely but a memory for depth. But the uppers are like new. US made. Every pair of Wolverines I've bought in the past 20 years, made in China. But they're all comfy and lasting well.
Boots made in the USA:
Nick’s Boots
West Coast Boots (WESCO)
White’s Boots
Russell Boots (great hunting boots with moccasin toes)
Hoffman Boots (most are made in the USA but not all)

None of these are cheap but they last forever and can be rebuilt because they are sewn and not glued together.
Originally Posted by dubePA
Buying any kind of work or hunting boots that aren't made in China or Vietnam, is nigh impossible. Wore Carolina and Georgia work boots for years, they went ChiCom long ago. Bought a pair of Rocky 800 gram boots at least 20 years ago. China.

Have a pair of Wolverine pigskin light weight waterproof 200 gram boots, that got to be at least 30 years old? Vibrams are barely but a memory for depth. But the uppers are like new. US made. Every pair of Wolverines I've bought in the past 20 years, made in China. But they're all comfy and lasting well.
Maybe 45 or 50 years ago the EPA outlawed the glue used in glue-on soles. It was one of their early regulations after they were created in 1970. There was nothing else that worked so all glue-on boots went offshore. With 1 mindless regulation, the EPA killed the entire US shoe making industry. A rep from Danner told me this. I don't know if anyone has invented a decent glue since then. I sure don't see many US made shoes in the stores.
Back to Dickies. I ordered the coat Saturday. Since then I've had at least a dozen spam emails from them. As soon as the coat arrives I'm blocking their number. They aren't making any friends with their spam.
Originally Posted by dubePA

Maybe 45 or 50 years ago the EPA outlawed the glue used in glue-on soles. It was one of their early regulations after they were created in 1970. There was nothing else that worked so all glue-on boots went offshore. With 1 mindless regulation, the EPA killed the entire US shoe making industry. A rep from Danner told me this. I don't know if anyone has invented a decent glue since then. I sure don't see many US made shoes in the stores.

The EPA has been pivotal in driving many, MANY manufacturing industries offshore.
It's criminal what they've accomplished.
Back to Dickies. I ordered the coat Saturday. Since then I've had at least a dozen spam emails from them. As soon as the coat arrives I'm blocking their number. They aren't making any friends with their spam.

At the bottom of the email click unsubscribe. Never click unsubscribe on true spam, emails you dont have a business relationship with. But in this case youll be fine.

At the bottom of the email click unsubscribe. Never click unsubscribe on true spam, emails you dont have a business relationship with. But in this case youll be fine.
I'm way ahead of you. We'll see if it works. I think some stores sell their unsubscribe list to other spammers.

I'm way ahead of you. We'll see if it works. I think some stores sell their unsubscribe list to other spammers.

Why you should always have 6-7 gmail accounts ...or more.
I need another jacket like I need another hole in my head, but for $27, I ordered one. I've a received an order confirmation email, a shipping conformation email, and one promotional email for something else. Not really any different than any other online order for me - nothing I'd call spam...
Just arrived. It's a heck of a good coat for $29. The black cuffs would look better if they matched the sleeves. It's nylon they put around the cuffs to make them last longer. There are warm elastic cuffs inside. It has 3 inside pockets. It fits very well. The hood fits nicely over a cap. Sometimes hoods don't fit at all.
I'll get some good use out of it.
Mine arrived too. Agreed, it's a great coat for the coin. I'm not wild about the baggy cuffs and may do something about it. I hate cuffs that hang up on stuff when you're working. For $27 I'm not complaining. Tag says made in Bangladesh.
Mine should arrive today. I'll post first impressions.

It arrived. I have to say, I was expecting a more or less light jacket. Nope. This is a HEAVY coat, suitable for ice fishing. I ordered an XL because overseas-made items tend to come in small for that label. Nope again. It's a true XL and I could wear a really heavy sweater under it if I ever needed to. If I ever was planning a trip to Greenland, for example.
Mine arrived yesterday. An XL for me fits perfect. My three sons will receive mediums come Christmas. They are very nice jackets.
Bargain of the year as far as I'm concerned. 100% better than what I was expecting for $29. Wish I'd have bought a couple more.
Received mine today and bargain of the year is an understatement. Thinking about treating it with something for better waterproofing, any thoughts on that ?
I bought 3. I also bought a couple other jackets that I couldn’t pass up.
Web site now says out of stock. Go figure...
Originally Posted by sjc
Boots made in the USA:
Nick’s Boots
West Coast Boots (WESCO)
White’s Boots
Russell Boots (great hunting boots with moccasin toes)
Hoffman Boots (most are made in the USA but not all)

None of these are cheap but they last forever and can be rebuilt because they are sewn and not glued together.

Add Anderson Bean to the list.

And no, not cheap but really only twice as much as some chit Chinese cowboy boots that will fall apart and make your leg itchy with the chit leather.
Got mine today and I will say I am impressed! The flexibility of these jackets is off the charts!

Thanks for posting the link!
Just discovered a deficiency - there's no hook loop to hang it up. That's minor.
© 24hourcampfire