Home
Posted By: Caplock American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
I've worn Wranglers for 60 years but its a gut punch since they went to China. Are there any good quality US made jeans out there that don't have "Catch Me, Fu^k me stitching on the rear pockets?
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
Originally Posted by Caplock
. . . that don't have "Catch Me, Fu^k me stitching on the rear pockets?

Why didn't you just say ghay jeans? :-)

Don't know of any garments that I can afford
that ain't made by some trained monkey
overseas or outside of the country somewhere.
Can't even buy socks and drawers that
are made here. If they were, the worker
doing a minimum wage type job would
want $29.50 an hour to start
Posted By: hanco Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
I didn’t know wranglers are made in China
Posted By: tzone Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
Originally Posted by hanco

Schit dude almost everything is.
Posted By: fburgtx Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
Wranglers were made in Mexico of US fabric. They have recently switched to Nicaraugua. (Not sure if fabric is still USA).

Which Wrangler’s were from China??
Posted By: Nollij Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
The Wranglers I'm wearing right now are tagged Mexico. That doesn't really make me happy either, but I'll take it over ChiCom. I'll watch this with interest, because if it can be done without wrecking my wallet, I'll switch over to decent US made jeans. LC King maybe?
Posted By: damnyankee308 Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
Prison Blues are a great heavy denim like you used to be able to get. I switched from Carhart to them and Wildass Jeans years ago when carhart went to crap.

They are logger style tho and not western. Prison Blues does have a more traditional work jean too. They all have bachelor buttons as well.

Not much else US made i know of.
Posted By: fburgtx Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
Texas Jeans(made in NC). Their cuts/designs look like something out of 1982, though.

$35 a pair...
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
DevilDog jeans made just down the road from me in Zebulon, NC.
Check out Dearborn Denim. They are made in the US. A pair will run around $75
Posted By: scoony Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
There is a company in Bristol Tn that makes jeans. There are others as well. They tend to cost 2-3x Levis and Wranglers.
Posted By: Rigdid Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
I've worn Wranglers for 60 years but its a gut punch since they went to China. Are there any good quality US made jeans out there that don't have "Catch Me, Fu^k me stitching on the rear pockets?

Wranglers are still one of the best US made jean, Carhartt also make good quality jean. I love them.
Posted By: dubePA Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
Been wearing Lee stretch jeans for decades. IIRC, at one time they said made in Honduras of US fabric. Last several years they say Hecho en May-he-co. At least it's in the same hemisphere?

Don't buy anything made in China if I have a choice and every year that becomes more of a challenge. Even Taiwan is a better choice..
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Texas Jeans(made in NC). Their cuts/designs look like something out of 1982, though.

$35 a pair...

Gotta look at these.
Every US Jean I look at are $100+.
That ain't happening for my work clothes.
Get them a bit more than I'm paying for import, we got a deal!
Round House

https://www.round-house.com/
Posted By: BKinSD Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
I buy Brave Star Selvage jeans made in Los Angeles. Great stuff, frequently made of US denim and while pricy, they last.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
LC King (Pointer Brand) made in Tennessee.
Posted By: pullit Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

Got some of their low back bib overalls, I tell you that when you first get them, you could put them in a corner and they would stand their all on their own. Stiff is not the word.
I went to their factory and got some one time. It is like stepping back in history.
Posted By: goalie Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
Had to try a pair of the Devil Dog jeans.

😁
Posted By: gunswizard Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
I wore Levis for years, switched to L.L. Bean and since they cost $50 + I've been wearing jeans from Walmart. Not pricey and they wear well.
Posted By: joken2 Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22

I was a regular Wrangler relaxed fit jeans customer for years, too, but the last couple pair I bought the fly zipper was clearly of lesser qualify and the pull tab on it was noticeably smaller and flimsier. Also, the change/watch pocket was a good bit smaller in both width and depth than it used to be. This time when I bought jeans I went with Rustler relaxed fit jeans, which is also a Wrangler owned product, but cost less. Near as I can tell, other than not having the brass rivets at pocket corners, these Rustler jeans still have the everything I liked about the old original Wrangler branded jeans and are lasting at least as long.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael

Haven’t tried their jeans.

Do have several pairs of overalls.

I wear the duck overalls hunting.
Originally Posted by joken2

I was a regular Wrangler relaxed fit jeans customer for years, too, but the last couple pair I bought the fly zipper was clearly of lesser qualify and the pull tab on it was noticeably smaller and flimsier. Also, the change/watch pocket was a good bit smaller in both width and depth than it used to be. This time when I bought jeans I went with Rustler relaxed fit jeans, which is also a Wrangler owned product, but cost less. Near as I can tell, other than not having the brass rivets at pocket corners, these Rustler jeans still have the everything I liked about the old original Wrangler branded jeans and are lasting at least as long.

Rustlers are made of a thinner material and IME only last about half as long as Wrangles.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
Texas Jeans?
Posted By: sjc Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
Can’t go wrong L. C. King Manufacturing in Bristol, TN. Their entire line is first class.
Originally Posted by pullit

Got some of their low back bib overalls, I tell you that when you first get them, you could put them in a corner and they would stand their all on their own. Stiff is not the word.
I went to their factory and got some one time. It is like stepping back in history.

Originally Posted by pullit

Posted By: dave7mm Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
https://www.allamericanclothing.com...Y7QeoweIRHC2KgIBjDoN6lKoD9hoCd1QQAvD_BwE

Dave
Posted By: bobinpa Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22

Diamond Gusset and /or All American clothing are the 2 brands I wear.

https://www.allamericanclothing.com/

https://www.gusset.com/

Cost more than foreign junk, but last a lot longer too...averages out to the same or better.

Posted By: TBREW401 Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
I have been wearing Duluth flex ballroom jeans for several years. . The newest pair were made in Mexico, couple of other pair were made in Indeonesia.
They ere the best i've ever worn.
Posted By: joken2 Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22

Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by joken2

Rustlers are made of a thinner material and IME only last about half as long as Wrangles.

Not so with the Rustlers I've bought and wear daily now. I keep a couple of old pairs of worn out, ragged Wranglers for painting and other especially dirty jobs and in areas where they didn't get any real wear the material is not a bit thicker that I can tell than my Rustlers. I bought these three pairs of Rustlers close to two years ago, wear a pair almost daily, they have been washed multiple times and so far none are showing any shrinkage, seams separating, worn areas or fading yet. Zippers still work fine, pockets and belt loops same, etc.

As always, though, ... YMMV
Posted By: victoro Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
Originally Posted by hanco

I think they're made in the country with the best bid. I've been wearing the same size Wrangler Cowboy cut slim fit boot jeans ever since the came out with them. A few years ago I bought 3 pairs on Amazon that were cut completely different from the ones I had. It turned out they were made in Guatemala. I ordered 3 more pairs from Tractor Supply thinking they would be made in the USA. I couldn't find out where there made but they were exactly the same. They were cut more like relaxed fit except they had no ball room. I gave them to Goodwill.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
Originally Posted by bobinpa

Diamond Gusset and /or All American clothing are the 2 brands I wear.

https://www.allamericanclothing.com/

https://www.gusset.com/

Cost more than foreign junk, but last a lot longer too...averages out to the same or better.

Diamond Gusset jeans are made right here in Tennessee. About as American as you can get.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
Deleted
Posted By: Gypsy_Wind Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael

4-6mo wait for jeans. 😬

Tough business model!
Posted By: tndrbstr Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
I just bought jeans from "All American Clothing Co." Great fit and very well made. Cost was $69.95 for them delivered. I picked up a couple of fr welding caps and a pair of socks to get me into free shipping. All of it is American made...PHUG those damn Chinese...
About 6 days from order to delivery...
Posted By: skitish Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
allamericanclothing.com

Very well made.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
I’ll stick with my Wranglers.

The only other jeans I have are the Riggs work jeans.
They are made by Wrangler too.
Posted By: GuideGun Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
Jocko Willink's Origin Brand made here in Farmington, Maine.

https://originmaine.com/

They are working on a hunting apparel line too currently
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22

https://www.allamericanclothing.com...-wrangler-rooted-collection-georgia-jean
Posted By: 700LH Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
WRANGLER ROOTED COLLECTION - JEANS MADE IN USA
Proudly made in the USA, Wrangler's Rooted Collection is a limited, premium line of blue jeans that is all American, from the farm to the fabric to the cut and sew operations. Each pair includes 100% American grown cotton milled at the Mount Vernon Mills in Trion, Georgia, then sewn by Excel Manufacturing in El Paso, Texas.

https://www.allamericanclothing.com/collections/wrangler-rooted-collection-made-in-usa
Posted By: BuckHaggard Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
Originally Posted by scoony
There is a company in Bristol Tn that makes jeans. There are others as well. They tend to cost 2-3x Levis and Wranglers.

I've bought some of their jeans nut it's been years and I can't even remember that name of the company, but they were good jeans.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22

Yes and Yes.......Many pairs of their Classic fit jeans in this house, well made and a thick denim build.
You will feel the difference, and wait for the sales and such, 55 a pair is not uncommon.
Posted By: sackett Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
Diamond Gussett
Posted By: atvalaska Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
Wrangler change the models of their jeans..... I told them to fire that engineer .... they're just not the same as like when Walmart had them.... they all went away five years ago ! BTW u can order right from wrangler free to cheap shipping ..return them tho then you pay!
Posted By: HoosierHawk Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
I just checked, the Wrangler jeans I'm wearing were made in Guatemala. The Wrangler shirts I wear for work are made in.......Kenya! I think it's the frist time I've ever seen anything made in an African country other than Egypt or South Africa.

I'd rather have stuff from Guatemala or Kenya than putting money in the CCP's pockets. At least they're both democracies.
Posted By: chesterwy Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
Origin, made in Maine.
Posted By: bobinpa Re: American Made Jeans - 02/07/22
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I’ll stick with my Wranglers.

The only other jeans I have are the Riggs work jeans.
They are made by Wrangler too.

I used to wear them too but they are made in Mexico. I did it because I really couldn't find anything American made, but once I did I gladly spent the extra $20.00 to get USA made.
Posted By: DryPowder Re: American Made Jeans - 02/08/22
You have probably been wearing your pants wrong grin

Posted By: Triggernosis Re: American Made Jeans - 02/08/22
Originally Posted by goalie

😁

You must be a jarhead, yes? 😉
Posted By: fburgtx Re: American Made Jeans - 02/08/22
Originally Posted by DryPowder
You have probably been wearing your pants wrong grin

It would never have occurred to me to EVER try and dress like any of those guys....

They’d have better luck attracting women by simply stapling a paycheck stub to their shirt. Looks and clothes aren’t gonna cut it for that group..
Posted By: gutthooked Re: American Made Jeans - 02/08/22
Thought Duluth made some in America cost a bit more.
Posted By: goalie Re: American Made Jeans - 02/08/22
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by goalie

😁

You must be a jarhead, yes? 😉

I did 4 in the Corps

😁
“History of Jeans”, on PBS, now..

Probably tell us black folks and womenz invented them, instead of ol’ Jewish Levi Strauss..
Yep. Eliza Lucas stole the idea of indigo from black folks!!!! We done forgot the contribution of black folks to blue jeans. Y’ALL ALL RACIST!!!!
© 24hourcampfire