Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I was a regular Wrangler relaxed fit jeans customer for years, too, but the last couple pair I bought the fly zipper was clearly of lesser qualify and the pull tab on it was noticeably smaller and flimsier. Also, the change/watch pocket was a good bit smaller in both width and depth than it used to be. This time when I bought jeans I went with Rustler relaxed fit jeans, which is also a Wrangler owned product, but cost less. Near as I can tell, other than not having the brass rivets at pocket corners, these Rustler jeans still have the everything I liked about the old original Wrangler branded jeans and are lasting at least as long.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael

Haven’t tried their jeans.

Do have several pairs of overalls.

I wear the duck overalls hunting.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by joken2

I was a regular Wrangler relaxed fit jeans customer for years, too, but the last couple pair I bought the fly zipper was clearly of lesser qualify and the pull tab on it was noticeably smaller and flimsier. Also, the change/watch pocket was a good bit smaller in both width and depth than it used to be. This time when I bought jeans I went with Rustler relaxed fit jeans, which is also a Wrangler owned product, but cost less. Near as I can tell, other than not having the brass rivets at pocket corners, these Rustler jeans still have the everything I liked about the old original Wrangler branded jeans and are lasting at least as long.

Rustlers are made of a thinner material and IME only last about half as long as Wrangles.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Texas Jeans?

I am MAGA.
S
sjc Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Can’t go wrong L. C. King Manufacturing in Bristol, TN. Their entire line is first class.
Originally Posted by pullit
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
LC King (Pointer Brand) made in Tennessee.

Got some of their low back bib overalls, I tell you that when you first get them, you could put them in a corner and they would stand their all on their own. Stiff is not the word.
I went to their factory and got some one time. It is like stepping back in history.

Originally Posted by pullit
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
LC King (Pointer Brand) made in Tennessee.

Got some of their low back bib overalls, I tell you that when you first get them, you could put them in a corner and they would stand their all on their own. Stiff is not the word.
I went to their factory and got some one time. It is like stepping back in history.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Caplock
I've worn Wranglers for 60 years but its a gut punch since they went to China. Are there any good quality US made jeans out there that don't have "Catch Me, Fu^k me stitching on the rear pockets?

Diamond Gusset and /or All American clothing are the 2 brands I wear.

https://www.allamericanclothing.com/

https://www.gusset.com/

Cost more than foreign junk, but last a lot longer too...averages out to the same or better.

Last edited by bobinpa; 02/07/22.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I have been wearing Duluth flex ballroom jeans for several years. . The newest pair were made in Mexico, couple of other pair were made in Indeonesia.
They ere the best i've ever worn.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by joken2

Rustlers are made of a thinner material and IME only last about half as long as Wrangles.

Not so with the Rustlers I've bought and wear daily now. I keep a couple of old pairs of worn out, ragged Wranglers for painting and other especially dirty jobs and in areas where they didn't get any real wear the material is not a bit thicker that I can tell than my Rustlers. I bought these three pairs of Rustlers close to two years ago, wear a pair almost daily, they have been washed multiple times and so far none are showing any shrinkage, seams separating, worn areas or fading yet. Zippers still work fine, pockets and belt loops same, etc.

As always, though, ... YMMV

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by hanco
I didn’t know wranglers are made in China

I think they're made in the country with the best bid. I've been wearing the same size Wrangler Cowboy cut slim fit boot jeans ever since the came out with them. A few years ago I bought 3 pairs on Amazon that were cut completely different from the ones I had. It turned out they were made in Guatemala. I ordered 3 more pairs from Tractor Supply thinking they would be made in the USA. I couldn't find out where there made but they were exactly the same. They were cut more like relaxed fit except they had no ball room. I gave them to Goodwill.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by bobinpa
I've worn Wranglers for 60 years but its a gut punch since they went to China. Are there any good quality US made jeans out there that don't have "Catch Me, Fu^k me stitching on the rear pockets?

Diamond Gusset and /or All American clothing are the 2 brands I wear.

https://www.allamericanclothing.com/

https://www.gusset.com/

Cost more than foreign junk, but last a lot longer too...averages out to the same or better.

Diamond Gusset jeans are made right here in Tennessee. About as American as you can get.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Deleted

Last edited by MontanaMan; 02/07/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael

4-6mo wait for jeans. 😬

Tough business model!

Fear the crabcat.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I just bought jeans from "All American Clothing Co." Great fit and very well made. Cost was $69.95 for them delivered. I picked up a couple of fr welding caps and a pair of socks to get me into free shipping. All of it is American made...PHUG those damn Chinese...
About 6 days from order to delivery...

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
allamericanclothing.com

Very well made.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’ll stick with my Wranglers.

The only other jeans I have are the Riggs work jeans.
They are made by Wrangler too.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 02/07/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Jocko Willink's Origin Brand made here in Farmington, Maine.

https://originmaine.com/

They are working on a hunting apparel line too currently

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

https://www.allamericanclothing.com...-wrangler-rooted-collection-georgia-jean

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WRANGLER ROOTED COLLECTION - JEANS MADE IN USA
Proudly made in the USA, Wrangler's Rooted Collection is a limited, premium line of blue jeans that is all American, from the farm to the fabric to the cut and sew operations. Each pair includes 100% American grown cotton milled at the Mount Vernon Mills in Trion, Georgia, then sewn by Excel Manufacturing in El Paso, Texas.

https://www.allamericanclothing.com/collections/wrangler-rooted-collection-made-in-usa

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by scoony
There is a company in Bristol Tn that makes jeans. There are others as well. They tend to cost 2-3x Levis and Wranglers.

I've bought some of their jeans nut it's been years and I can't even remember that name of the company, but they were good jeans.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (1minute, 260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 264magnum, 270cowboy, 58 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,428
Posts18,489,229
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.