Home
Posted By: 1911a1 Texas Governor vote for who? - 02/23/22
I am tempted by Huffines. But am worried of either a planned double cross or unplanned Claytie Williams debacle.

Got a flyer today from a group calling themselves the Conservative Republicans of Texas. with a "sample ballot" of who to vote for.

I'm open to a discourse on who to vote for.

Please let's try to do no personal attacks. (I probably just wasted my time typing that)
What did the sample ballot say about the Governorship?

Abbott is a political windsock rather than a conservative compass.

Huffines talks about eliminating property taxes and closing the border, but he better have a big pair to even try.

West... Isn't a Texan.

Prather has some common sense, but I think they'd chew him up in Austin.
They picked Huffines.
Posted By: MAC Re: Texas Governor vote for who? - 02/23/22
If you vote for Huffines in the primary then you're a making a huge mistake. You need to think big picture and long term. The GOP needs to quit infighting and get solidly behind the candidate that can beat Bobby O'Dork who will be the DEM nominee. The GOP needs someone with statewide name recognition and not some dark horse which means Abbott (and I'm not an Abbott fan but I am a realist). There will be hundreds of millions of dollars in donations flooding TX from CA and NY to support O'Dork. Remember when he ran against Cruz for senate? He nearly won that seat and the DEMs know that! GOP voters will vote GOP. DEM voters will vote DEM. Neither of those 2 groups will choose the Gov. That will be chosen by the independents and they ARE NOT going to vote for someone with no statewide name recognition. The 2022 election is critical and it isn't the right hill to die on.

I grew up in CO which was solidly RED and the GOP did the same thing there that I see TX doing. They fractured to party by going against the known candidates and nominating lesser known candidates. The DEMs capitalized on that and took the Gov mansion and then huge money came in from CA and more than a million people from CA moved to the state. It is now solidly Blue and that happened in 3 or 4 election cycles. If you vote unwisely in this election and let O'Dork win the Gov mansion in Austin then you can kiss TX goodbye!
Posted By: EdM Re: Texas Governor vote for who? - 02/23/22
Originally Posted by MAC
If you vote for Huffines in the primary then you're a making a huge mistake. You need to think big picture and long term. The GOP needs to quit infighting and get solidly behind the candidate that can beat Bobby O'Dork who will be the DEM nominee. The GOP needs someone with statewide name recognition and not some dark horse which means Abbott (and I'm not an Abbott fan but I am a realist). There will be hundreds of millions of dollars in donations flooding TX from CA and NY to support O'Dork. Remember when he ran against Cruz for senate? He nearly won that seat and the DEMs know that! GOP voters will vote GOP. DEM voters will vote DEM. Neither of those 2 groups will choose the Gov. That will be chosen by the independents and they ARE NOT going to vote for someone with no statewide name recognition. The 2022 election is critical and it isn't the right hill to die on.

I grew up in CO which was solidly RED and the GOP did the same thing there that I see TX doing. They fractured to party by going against the known candidates and nominating lesser known candidates. The DEMs capitalized on that and took the Gov mansion and then huge money came in from CA and more than a million people from CA moved to the state. It is now solidly Blue and that happened in 3 or 4 election cycles. If you vote unwisely in this election and let O'Dork win the Gov mansion in Austin then you can kiss TX goodbye!

Precisely my thoughts. I voted yesterday.
Me and the wife voted early and voted for Abbot.

Things just don't seem right to me about someone that i have never heard of running.

Besides the LT.Governor has the real power.
I like Huffines, but the devil you know is better than the one you don't know. I know zip about Huffines. I like Prather, but he has no chance really.

What about other races?
Originally Posted by 1911a1
They picked Huffines.

Huffines or West.

I know too many who are close to Abbott and say hes a Rino. Closed our schools and churches and restaurants. Put many out of business permanently.

We need someone with balls. He has less than Noems in S Dakota.

Both the others will block the border.
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
I like Huffines, but the devil you know is better than the one you don't know. I know zip about Huffines. I like Prather, but he has no chance really.

What about other races?

He worked for years as a state senator for no pay. Even paid his own way to meetings and hotel and travel. Self made business man knows the law and .... hes kinda unreal.
Way back in ’67, William F. Buckley Jr. told interviewer Bill Barry how to pick among candidates in a Republican primary: “I’d be for the most right, viable candidate who could win.”
Hahaha. I love it. Austin Democrats hate him. TFF

https://www.texasdemocrats.org/medi...st-rhetoric-that-drove-el-paso-massacre/
I'm done with Abbott: he's waffled on everything: constitutional carry, child mutilation (medical transgendering), abortion, CRT, you name it.

I already voted early for Don Huffines, the RINO's in Austin hate him and see him as an outsider like Donald Trump.

Abbott has had his turn and he's found wanting, time to take out the trash.

https://texasscorecard.com/state/te...t-for-governor/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

https://texasscorecard.com/state/te...imary-election/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

Texas Right to Life Endorses Candidates—But Not Gov. Abbott—in March Primary Election

https://texasscorecard.com/state/co...s-for-governor/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

Most notably, the group selected former State Sen. Don Huffines as its pick for the gubernatorial race. Huffines is currently part of a field of Republican challengers facing incumbent Gov. Greg Abbott in the hotly contested primary election.

“Don Huffines is a Christian, Constitutional conservative who will finish the border wall, ban all vaccine mandates, and secure our elections,” the group wrote. “He is a successful businessman who knows what it’s like to meet a payroll and have families depend on the decisions he makes. He is pro-free enterprise and strongly anti-communist. He will uphold our traditional family values.”

https://texasscorecard.com/state/re...al-race-theory/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

Abbott has recently faced criticism for allowing Texas’ state agencies to teach CRT to public employees.

https://texasscorecard.com/state/go...-family-pledge/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

As Gov. Greg Abbott repeatedly refuses to act on several GOP priority child protection laws, Texas’ new pro-family organization continues to pressure him and top state lawmakers.

https://texasscorecard.com/state/te...r-2022-primary/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

Texans Uniting for Reform & Freedom (TURF) compiled its 2022 Primary Voter Guide to assess candidates’ positions on toll roads, transportation policy (including accountability and transparency), and property rights.

TURF’s affiliated PAC Texans for Toll-Free Highways used the surveys as the basis for their candidate endorsements.

TTH endorsed two statewide candidates: Don Huffines for governor and Louie Gohmert for attorney general.

https://texasscorecard.com/state/ab...y-voting-guide/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

Early voting for the statewide March primary election began Monday, and Abolish Abortion Texas (AATX) has just released their voting guide, consisting of candidates who pledged to end abortion in Texas.

The names of 73 candidates are included in the guide covering federal, statewide, and state races.

Gov. Greg Abbott’s name is notably absent from the list. However, two of his Republican primary challengers—Allen West and Don Huffines—have signed the AATX pledge.

AATX does note that while West has “promised to sign legislation without exceptions, his website still says he will not tell a woman who has been raped not to have an abortion.”
If I lived there, I'd be voting for Chad Prather.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

What about other races?

He worked for years as a state senator for no pay. Even paid his own way to meetings and hotel and travel. Self made business man knows the law and .... hes kinda unreal.

Just like Donald Trump.
Home school parents are voting for Don Huffines:

https://texasscorecard.com/state/fa...s-for-governor/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

Republican gubernatorial candidate Don Huffines received the endorsement of the Texas Home School Coalition.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HYMR6vNWtdQ&pp=QAFIAQ%3D%3D
https://texasscorecard.com/state/gov-abbott-booed-at-trump-rally/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

Gov. Abbott ‘Booed’ at Trump Rally

After being booed at the trump rally, Abbott chants, "let's go Trump." It was interesting to watch Abbott use Trump's name non stop to prevent from being booed…funny because I stood at the convention in 2016 when Abbott REFUSED to use Trump's name!
huffines is running mostly on closing the border which the governor has no authority to do. That's a federal issue.
Posted By: RL Re: Texas Governor vote for who? - 02/24/22
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I'm done with Abbott: he's waffled on everything: constitutional carry, child mutilation (medical transgendering), abortion, CRT, you name it.

I already voted early for Don Huffines, the RINO's in Austin hate him and see him as an outsider like Donald Trump.

Abbott has had his turn and he's found wanting, time to take out the trash.

https://texasscorecard.com/state/te...t-for-governor/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

https://texasscorecard.com/state/te...imary-election/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

Texas Right to Life Endorses Candidates—But Not Gov. Abbott—in March Primary Election

https://texasscorecard.com/state/co...s-for-governor/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

Most notably, the group selected former State Sen. Don Huffines as its pick for the gubernatorial race. Huffines is currently part of a field of Republican challengers facing incumbent Gov. Greg Abbott in the hotly contested primary election.

“Don Huffines is a Christian, Constitutional conservative who will finish the border wall, ban all vaccine mandates, and secure our elections,” the group wrote. “He is a successful businessman who knows what it’s like to meet a payroll and have families depend on the decisions he makes. He is pro-free enterprise and strongly anti-communist. He will uphold our traditional family values.”

https://texasscorecard.com/state/re...al-race-theory/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

Abbott has recently faced criticism for allowing Texas’ state agencies to teach CRT to public employees.

https://texasscorecard.com/state/go...-family-pledge/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

As Gov. Greg Abbott repeatedly refuses to act on several GOP priority child protection laws, Texas’ new pro-family organization continues to pressure him and top state lawmakers.

https://texasscorecard.com/state/te...r-2022-primary/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

Texans Uniting for Reform & Freedom (TURF) compiled its 2022 Primary Voter Guide to assess candidates’ positions on toll roads, transportation policy (including accountability and transparency), and property rights.

TURF’s affiliated PAC Texans for Toll-Free Highways used the surveys as the basis for their candidate endorsements.

TTH endorsed two statewide candidates: Don Huffines for governor and Louie Gohmert for attorney general.

https://texasscorecard.com/state/ab...y-voting-guide/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

Early voting for the statewide March primary election began Monday, and Abolish Abortion Texas (AATX) has just released their voting guide, consisting of candidates who pledged to end abortion in Texas.

The names of 73 candidates are included in the guide covering federal, statewide, and state races.

Gov. Greg Abbott’s name is notably absent from the list. However, two of his Republican primary challengers—Allen West and Don Huffines—have signed the AATX pledge.

AATX does note that while West has “promised to sign legislation without exceptions, his website still says he will not tell a woman who has been raped not to have an abortion.”

If I thought Huffines could deliver what he says, I would vote for him in a minute. I just don't think he can - just like President Trump had the desire and even attempted to do the things he promised, he was shut down and I think the same will happen with Huffines.

Even if Huffines can win, S Texas is the home of TX democrats and even though they may be "conservative" democrats (oxymoron there) they will oppose tooth and nail anything to do with walls or immigration.

Right or wrong we need someone who has experience with the political game, especially with Texas on the verge of blue anyway. That, whether you like him or not is Gov. Abbott. "Beto" may be a clown and loser, but he is real and TX better respect that challenge and act accordingly. I'm voting for Abbott.
Not governor, but Louie Gohmert needs to be AG.
Originally Posted by bhemry
If I lived there, I'd be voting for Chad Prather.

Not meant to be a negative to you, but I'm glad you don't leave here then. This election is one of the most important state elections in quite sometime. Prather doesn't stand a chance. Conservative republicans better stay together or we will be looking at Texas through blue lenses.
Standing back and thinking about all this, a few things come to mind.

As harshly as Abbott has been criticized, and not unjustly IMO, he's still the best governor Texas ever had. At least in MY lifetime (and sadly so).

I've noted the parallels between Huffines and Trump, they seem to be there. Rand Paul's endorsement carries some weight (again, IMO).

On the other hand, I am a little uneasy with the Huffines connection to big real estate developers. Reckon any dirty money ever passed through his fingers? That's a question, nothing more.

I like West. I think he's the real deal, and anyone who'd stick a pistol in a captured enemy soldier's crotch and pull the trigger to get vital information is not just "okay" in my book. That's someone who's not going to be raising the bet while drawing to an inside straight.

In another matter altogether, I do not believe that Puto O'Puke's "near upset" over Cruz means Texas is going blue. Puto had tremendous support from outside the state, and Cruz basically laid low and had little visibility whatsoever. I noticed that I never saw any Cruz yard signs or bumper stickers...it's as though he just didn't care (not that I believe THAT...just sayin). I think he may have been overconfident but that's just my best guess.

Puto O'Puke is NOT popular anywhere in Texas. They hate him in El Paso because they know him.

I don't believe for a minute the El Puto Chiquito is going to get anywhere near the governor's office, but you can bet yer ass I'll vote...and I'll vote for Bugs Bunny if that's who the republicans put on the ballot.

We'll see if I'm right. wink
Originally Posted by ltppowell

I'll second that. And third it too.
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Puto O'Puke is NOT popular anywhere in Texas. They hate him in El Paso because they know him.

I don't believe for a minute the El Puto Chiquito is going to get anywhere near the governor's office, but you can bet yer ass I'll vote...and I'll vote for Bugs Bunny if that's who the republicans put on the ballot.

We'll see if I'm right. wink

You are right. Beto is Texas's Hillery 2016.

Anybody that runs Republican will win.
Heres the problem, I personally know A HERO CHRISTIAN Dr who has saved my life and who family I was the eye Dr of for decades who has worked Closely with and KNOW ABBOT WELL AND TELL ME HE IS A RINO.

I know he has allowed CRT in our schools and books teaching little boys it's ok to suck COCK.

Clue
Originally Posted by MAC

Agreed. While Abbott has done a few things I don’t like, he’s better than the unknown, IMO.
I believe he’s the only one who can defeat that POS Gun Grabber Gay Beto.
He’s got the biggest Political War Chest of $$$ And the voter recognition.
I don’t believe Huffines can win. And Allen West hasn’t got a snowballs chance in hell.
Originally Posted by RL

Right or wrong we need someone who has experience with the political game, especially with Texas on the verge of blue anyway. That, whether you like him or not is Gov. Abbott.

You did notice that the True Texas Project had a float in Grapevine's Christmas Parade that slammed Joe Biden??

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/article256384352.html

True Texas Project has endorsed Don Huffines.

https://texasscorecard.com/state/true-texas-project-recommends-don-huffines-in-governor-race/

I'm just throwing that out there smile
Heres the problem, I personally know CHRISTIAN Drs who have saved my life and who KNOW ABBOT WELL AND TELL ME HE IS A RINO.

I know he has allowed CRT in our schools and books teaching little boys it's ok to suck COCK.

Greg Abbott is Ann Richard's little brother: duplicitous, conniving, deceiving, scheming. There, I said that smile
Heres the problem, I personally know CHRISTIAN Drs who have saved my life and who KNOW ABBOT WELL AND TELL ME HE IS A RINO.

Greg Abbott is Ann Richard's little brother: duplicitous, conniving, deceiving, scheming. There, I said that smile

Maybe so...and he may be nothing but an actor. But as long as he acts like a conservative (I did NOT say "a PERFECT conservative) while he's in that office in Austin, he's a much better choice that any demoncrap (not that I expect an argument on that point).

Amen. Trumps true and longtime loyal friend Trump is pushing for the job. It's a joy to talk to his office crew on the phone and hes the only one I know of who has visited and cared for the Trumpsters in solitary confinement and essentially illegal confinement and torture under foreign guards in DC jails along with Marjorie T Green.

God bless America, Trump, Texas, Loui Ghomert and US.
Originally Posted by MAC

This is exactly what happened in Oregon in the late 80s and Oregon turned bluer and bluer as the Ds consolidated their power. Only this year have we seen a D vs D fight for governor.
Originally Posted by RL

Right or wrong we need someone who has experience with the political game, especially with Texas on the verge of blue anyway. That, whether you like him or not is Gov. Abbott.

You did notice that the True Texas Project had a float in Grapevine's Christmas Parade that slammed Joe Biden??

https://texasscorecard.com/state/true-texas-project-recommends-don-huffines-in-governor-race/

I did notice as far as the parade, and it was well received as it came through downtown. Do you live in Grapevine? I have been here for over 30 years. Today I split my time between Grapevine and the ranch in S. Texas.

I don't question Huffines intent. I just don't think he can get it done. A few years ago, maybe, but today with all the influx of out of state liberals to TX - especially NTX, our playing field is not the same as it was i.e. look how Fort Worth is changing politically (Dallas has been lost for a while).

Here in the mid-cities we are spoiled and maybe lulled into believing a democratic governor is not possible. I am in S Texas almost as much as N Texas and it is a different world politically. All that said, I just think our best chance to keep Texas mainly conservative is Abbott. Not that Huffines wouldn't make a good governor, but at this point we need someone who is experienced in the "game". Might not go down as smooth as good whiskey but, in my opinion a reality.

And those that have said a republican is a shoo-in - I hope they are right. Personally, I never thought Obama would win either, so I will not be complacent again.
Native born Texican, Okie resident.

If I could vote in Texas, I'd go for Lt. Col. West (ret)

I come to south Texas every year to get away from Okie winters.
I was here last year for the "Deep Freeze"!

As I understand it, Abbott called the EPA for permission to ramp up fossil fuel production. The EPA said, "Sure, but you will have to charge $1500/kwh for everything produced.
Rather than tell the EPA, "We'll work that out later!" and gin up some kwh's, Abbott let Texicans freeze.
I like Greg Abbott, but I don't care much for "Gov" Abbott.
I find him a bit (a lot?) too "wishy washy".

But hey, we have our own problems with Gov. Stitt (R-OK) in Oklahoma. Nice guy, but he's seems "wishy washy" too.

Amen. Trumps true and longtime loyal friend Trump is pushing for the job. It's a joy to talk to his office crew on the phone and hes the only one I know of who has visited and cared for the Trumpsters in solitary confinement and essentially illegal confinement and torture under foreign guards in DC jails along with Marjorie T Green.

Yes, he supported President Trump, as did Ted Cruz, and he has been a stalwart conservative and defender of law and order for decades.

Yes, he supported President Trump, as did Ted Cruz, and he has been a stalwart conservative and defender of law and order for decades.

Ghomert will get my vote as well. A strong AG and Lt. Gov is as important a governor.
Abbott will get re-elected. Then when a new strain of covtard hits he'll again roll over the rights of Texans again. No work, no school, no church..and mask up.

He only took s stand when a Democrat took the Whitehouse and re-election loomed...........
Originally Posted by RL
Originally Posted by RL

I did notice as far as the parade, and it was well received as it came through downtown. Do you live in Grapevine? I have been here for over 30 years. Today I split my time between Grapevine and the ranch in S. Texas.

I don't question Huffines intent. I just don't think he can get it done. A few years ago, maybe, but today with all the influx of out of state liberals to TX - especially NTX, our playing field is not the same as it was i.e. look how Fort Worth is changing politically (Dallas has been lost for a while).

Here in the mid-cities we are spoiled and maybe lulled into believing a democratic governor is not possible. I am in S Texas almost as much as N Texas and it is a different world politically. All that said, I just think our best chance to keep Texas mainly conservative is Abbott. Not that Huffines wouldn't make a good governor, but at this point we need someone who is experienced in the "game". Might not go down as smooth as good whiskey but, in my opinion a reality.

And those that have said a republican is a shoo-in - I hope they are right. Personally, I never thought Obama would win either, so I will not be complacent again.

I grew up in the Mid-Cities, still visit some friends in Grapevine, Mom lives in North Euless off of Glade Rd.
Originally Posted by RL
Originally Posted by RL

I grew up in the Mid-Cities, still visit some friends in Grapevine, Mom lives in North Euless off of Glade Rd.

North Euless around Glade has changed drastically in the last several years. Hwy 157 was a two lane road from Euless to Grapevine. Use to be woods and a couple farm houses. Now Hwy 121 and nothing but rooftops as far as you can see. My Grapevine home is near Grapevine Lake, not too far from Gaylord Texan.
I’m taking a hard look at Huffines. I like Prather. I like West. I have seen Abbott waffle and dither about critical issues too much. He is all over the place on the second amendment.
Originally Posted by RL
Originally Posted by RL
Originally Posted by RL

North Euless around Glade has changed drastically in the last several years. Hwy 157 was a two lane road from Euless to Grapevine. Use to be woods and a couple farm houses. Now Hwy 121 and nothing but rooftops as far as you can see. My Grapevine home is near Grapevine Lake, not too far from Gaylord Texan.

Hall's Grocery was a quaint old store on 157/Glade. Yep it's changed a lot. Willie Nelson held a 4th of July picnic/concert in a cow pasture on Glade about 3/4 mile east of 157 back in 1976.
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Abbott will get re-elected. Then when a new strain of covtard hits he'll again roll over the rights of Texans again. No work, no school, no church..and mask up.

He only took s stand when a Democrat took the Whitehouse and re-election loomed...........

So, you gonna vote for Puto O'Puke instead?
Beto is a warrior for the second amendment now.
Louie would be a dam good A.D.

He's right about Abbott.
Originally Posted by RL
Originally Posted by RL
Originally Posted by RL

Hall's Grocery was a quaint old store on 157/Glade. Yep it's changed a lot. Willie Nelson held a 4th of July picnic/concert in a cow pasture on Glade about 3/4 mile east of 157 back in 1976.

So what does that have to do re a Rino in the state house? I'm always going for more than a Rino.

If the pos abbot gets the nod then I go for the R.

For what its worth, even the workers in the local R party HQ say to hell with Abbot at parties where alcohol flows.
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by MAC

Precisely my thoughts. I voted yesterday.

Right on.

No.

He's right about Abbott.

Of course he is---most likely. I'd bet my last dollar we're all right about El Puto Chiquito, too. Unfortunately, where there's a bad politician there's also a worse politician and probably a downright evil politician too. Sometimes we just have to hold our noses and vote for the lesser of two evils because we're too f*c*i*g lazy to get involved locally and influence things where the rubber meets the road.

He's right about Abbott.

Of course he is---most likely. I'd bet my last dollar we're all right about El Puto Chiquito, too. Unfortunately, where there's a bad politician there's also a worse politician and probably a downright evil politician too. Sometimes we just have to hold our noses and vote for the lesser of two evils because we're too f*c*i*g lazy to get involved locally and influence things where the rubber meets the road.

I'll buy that. The problem with conservatives is that they are conservative. They like the safe bet, even if it means losing "just a little".

Over, and over, and over.
I am thinking I’m voting for Hot Wheels.
I like West but he seems like a carpet bagger to me.
Huffines lies first rattle out of the bag. Telling voters he’s going to deport illegals. Only Feds can do this.
Hot Wheels is not perfect, but we know what to expect. Hasbeen
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Huffines lies first rattle out of the bag. Telling voters he’s going to deport illegals. Only Feds can do this.

Yep.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945

Yep.

Yep. Lies. The POS announced in Nov he was almost closer with blocking the border with sea containers in a few small spots and would have our border wall completed in one month. Well, that was 3+ mo ago and not a word of closure have I heard.

I mean when a large cities R HQ is pissec at him WTH do you need for a clue. Hes too spineless to follow Christy Noem or DeSantis.

Fughkim.

When he has an internationally known and respected MD heading his state governors Health Care task force for 7 years who works with him and he tells you he is a Rino then WTF, you must just like Rinos.
"I like West. I think he's the real deal, and anyone who'd stick a pistol in a captured enemy soldier's crotch and pull the trigger to get vital information is not just "okay" in my book. That's someone who's not going to be raising the bet while drawing to an inside straight."

I'm in agreeance with you. I enjoyed what he had to say at the political dinner I attended with him and several other candidates last month. He's got my vote

He's right about Abbott.

I'll buy that. The problem with conservatives is that they are conservative. They like the safe bet, even if it means losing "just a little".

Over, and over, and over.

This.
Full of fear of losing whst they got.
Its lost many a ball game. Trying to save what they have.

Kids in school with CRT and being taught homosexuality

Well, now i am aware.
In Nov Abbott was on the radio daily a while. Blocking the border would be complete in 1 mo.

Now 3 mo later- not a peep
Posted By: poboy Re: Texas Governor vote for who? - 02/24/22
Abbott
Originally Posted by poboy
Abbott SUCKS
wink
Thanks for al the opinions ! They were all helpful,

I also wish to say I respect everyone's opinion and the valid points they expressed.

Long live the Republic !
Amen.
Suppose we’ll see what we’ll see.
Posted By: TimZ Re: Texas Governor vote for who? - 02/24/22
Really not too concerned about Beto having a solid shot, he is much better known now, and the anti-gun rhetoric won't work here, not to mention the backsliding and waffling........
1911a1: I am not attacking you but I saw today where your current Governor stood up and let it be known he would exonerate the 12 police officers that were trying to maintain order during one of your riots there in Texas.
If I were you (and I am NOT!) I would vote to keep in office your current Governor.
Best of luck whoever gets voted in, down Texas way.
Long live Texas!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Texas Governor vote for who? - 02/24/22
Don't split the vote...
Allen West
Originally Posted by GeoW
Don't split the vote...

Doubt that’ll happen. Unless the West & Huffines supporters refuse to vote for Abbott in the General Election.
Gov Abbott is way ahead of West and Huffines in the Primary Race.
Don't split the vote...

Doubt that’ll happen. Unless the West & Huffines supporters refuse to vote for Abbott in the General Election.

I hope for Texas sake, voters are not that stupid, though, I admit, there's dumb $hits in every party. Surprisingly, haven't seen a lot of Puto O'Pork bumper stickers in San Antonio.
Don't split the vote...

We don't need a repeat of the Ross Perot event that put Clinton in the Whitehouse.
I can't figure out why West would try to run. He had to know he had no chance. He doesn't have much support or funding. Huffines is rich and Abbott has the GOP behind him as an incumbent. Abbott is largely a RINO. After the first multiple homicide in El Paso I believe Abbott and our Pennsylvania Lt Gov. railed against "ghost guns". Abbott decided to have a forum in Austin of all places about gun control. Guess who showed up in mass? Abbott is a dipchit. He has dithered on the border for since Biden took office. He talks a good game but he cannot get the gumption to actually do anything. He reminds me of GWB.
Abbott, Patrick and Paxton
Originally Posted by Stan V

Abbott over Beto for sure.

Patrick showed his colors with some gun rights bills.

Paxton sure pisses off the liberals. That's a good thing. But I have to go with Gohmert over him for who is best for that office.
Don't split the vote...

damn near impossible in a primary...
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Stan V

Abbott over Beto for sure.

Patrick showed his colors with some gun rights bills.

Paxton sure pisses off the liberals. That's a good thing. But I have to go with Gohmert over him for who is best for that office.

This isn't the fall race. Its a primary. Abbott is just another worthless rino that wants to be a pro life time politician. He shut down TX in the scam. He only stands up for anything at election time.

And the early on lawsuit for the tree limb, well if thats correct it just doesn't sit well with me.

What about other races?

Prather seems to be running hot here in La Grange area. Most are tired of abbot as I am. I can't vote so its a non issue but wife will be voting Prather.
© 24hourcampfire