Home
Posted By: ltppowell Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Guaranteed. It probably won't happen until after the midterms, but get ready.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Eighty-one million voters deserve every evil that 's about to befall them. They voted for it. I hope every last one of them choke on it.
Posted By: JPro Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
81 million is a myth.
Posted By: JPro Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
But the recession likely will be real.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Tech
Under Clinton, Bush, Obama ............24 years at 20% gains / yr
Under Trump.....................................4 years of 40% gains.
Under Biden.....................................16 months of 1% gains.

Recession is coming??

Recession is here.
Posted By: flagstaff Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Sadly, I think what is coming our way is gonna be much worse than just a recession.

The simple math is with every man, women and child already owing $90K each just to the national debt, Social Security is going to go unfunded in just a couple years, i am thinking a worldwide financial collapse.

Currently, we are just rearranging deck chairs on a ship that’s going down. So, a recession coming? We will wish it was just that simple.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Baby steps.
Posted By: viking Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Recession? Hell. Hard times is a better term.
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Try a depression that will makes the "great" one look like a good time...
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
DEEP recession.
Posted By: pullit Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
My 401K is loosing money faster than I can put it in.....
Posted By: BobMt Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
DEEP recession.

I think this....08-09 type..I dont think its the end of the world....not the great depression....but a deep recession.

if trump was in I think it would be put off some ...but its going to happen sooner or later no matter who's in....bob
Posted By: LFC Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Originally Posted by flagstaff
Sadly, I think what is coming our way is gonna be much worse than just a recession.

The simple math is with every man, women and child already owing $90K each just to the national debt, Social Security is going to go unfunded in just a couple years, i am thinking a worldwide financial collapse.

Currently, we are just rearranging deck chairs on a ship that’s going down. So, a recession coming? We will wish it was just that simple.

Sad but likely true.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22

PERFECT recap...
Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
DEEP recession.

I think this....08-09 type..I dont think its the end of the world....not the great depression....but a deep recession.

if trump was in I think it would be put off some ...but its going to happen sooner or later no matter who's in....bob

In my humble opinion you seem far removed from what I see in real time daily.

When were you last in a large city, metropolitan area, outside of Montana?

Admittedly, I live in counties with no stop lights and small populations myself... but I am forced to travel some and I go through zombie zones frequently.

It would be good to hear BamBam's perspective... if he has his ears on.
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
If fuel prices keep going up like they have in the past week, it'll be here before you know it.

It'll depend on whether or not we open up production in this country. Unfortunately, the current administration is trying to save the planet by destroying the planet.
Originally Posted by CashisKing

PERFECT recap...

If a lug nut is "stuck"... you use a bigger wrench... it it remains "stuck"... you use a cheater bar... if it remains "stuck"... you use a 6' length of pipe as a massive fulcrum arm.

The nut comes off or the stud shears.

.GOV and the FED have NO TOOLS... They have is NO "fulcrum arm" available to fix this mess. The last two generations (mostly... NOT ALL) have been brainwashed to utter ineptitude.
Posted By: doctor_Encore Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
If the two gas price shocks to the economy in 1972 and 1978 taught us anything is a recession almost always follows such events. At least at this point so far there are no gas lines.

My fear is the price of food or likely the lack of food will trigger a national revolt. My estimated timeline is June for the price of food followed by the lack of food in the fall.
Posted By: RJY66 Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Try a depression that will makes the "great" one look like a good time...

Part of me hopes its so deep and so hard that by 2024, Funnybone will be mailing in a vote for Trump via overseas mail from his troll farm in China.

At some point, this country has got to get its head outta its ass and stop worrying about queers, transvestites, climate change, and all the other various and sundry bullshit that the left pushes.

Otherwise we are liable to go under or get ourselves blown off the map.

Perhaps pain will be the teacher.
Posted By: 673 Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Total economic collapse, mainly because the corruption has been/being exposed. I sure wouldn't want to be a media person responsible for propping up this shyte with their lies, the "weeping and gnashing of teeth" is going to fall on them, there are others.

cash I respect your opinion on this.....I just came back from reno...about 500,000..not real big the amount of construction is off the wall.....I have been in a couple off recessions ..

was in phx when you couldnt find a job......wy when oil was a bust.....seen it real tight here in mt......so in my perspective ....which is how most people gauge a downturn...I think it will be a good one.

but it needs to happen...things are out of control.... so people better hope they have a job.....low interest payments or not....bob
Originally Posted by RJY66
Perhaps pain will be the teacher.

Pain is the greatest teacher there is... but how can it be exacted on those that need to feel it most?

That is the Proverbial question...

I hurt liberals as hard and often as I possibly can... but 95% of you still shop at Amazon.Com... so what am I gaining?
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
If a bad recession is coming how long will it be before we're in a civil war? When it gets right down to it, I'm not going hungry just so I can pay my taxes.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
And of course .....

It will be President Trump's fault in their spin..
That's a given their voters eat up like spoon fed pablum.....
Originally Posted by renegade50
And of course .....

Yep, and that’s the root of the problem. Most of this country is so intellectually lazy and brainwashed by media that they believe whatever they’re told.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
If fuel prices keep going up like they have in the past week, it'll be here before you know it.

It'll depend on whether or not we open up production in this country. Unfortunately, the current administration is trying to save the planet by destroying the planet.

That's even a hoax, they could care less about the environment. Its the greatest fraud scheme ever perpetuated even more so then Covid control, a kindergarten class in the worst school district has more brains then the staff and executives do in the White House.

cash I respect your opinion on this.....I just came back from reno...about 500,000..not real big the amount of construction is off the wall.....I have been in a couple off recessions ..

was in phx when you couldnt find a job......wy when oil was a bust.....seen it real tight here in mt......so in my perspective ....which is how most people gauge a downturn...I think it will be a good one.

but it needs to happen...things are out of control.... so people better hope they have a job.....low interest payments or not....bob

I respect that Bob... and my "shot" was not exactly at you... it was more of a "general shot" at the collective that does NOT fight the bastards on their own turf... every chance they get.

When I fought the Federal Courts over the Judy Duty mask stuff... it was a deliberate fight that willingly took on. I didn't duck it over a medical like half the folks mentioned they did/or I should have.

Hell, even my lawyer (that proofread my stuff for fact-checking) said I had no chance of using CFR (Federal Code... Federal Law) against the CDC recommendations... but I did... and I won...

It it the same fight we must all take on.

If you are a builder... 2x your bid to liberals... or 3x it.

If someone good need help... help them.

If a POS gets a flat tire... stop... pretend like you are going to help them... "borrow" their phone... pull the battery and throw it in a patch of poison ivy... along with their fugging tire iron.

Pain should hurt.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22

I respect that Bob... and my "shot" was not exactly at you... it was more of a "general shot" at the collective that does NOT fight the bastards on their own turf... every chance they get.

When I fought the Federal Courts over the Judy Duty mask stuff... it was a deliberate fight that willingly took on. I didn't duck it over a medical like half the folks mentioned they did/or I should have.

Hell, even my lawyer (that proofread my stuff for fact-checking) said I had no chance of using CFR (Federal Code... Federal Law) against the CDC recommendations... but I did... and I won...

It it the same fight we must all take on.

If you are a builder... 2x your bid to liberals... or 3x it.

If someone good need help... help them.

If a POS gets a flat tire... stop... pretend like you are going to help them... "borrow" their phone... pull the battery and throw it in a patch of poison ivy... along with their fugging tire iron.

Pain should hurt.

This right here!!!!! ^^^^^^^^ Inflict misery at every opportunity.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
The recession-depression is not only real, it is intensional.

As Biden’s energy secretary Granholm has stated, Americans must suffer first, in order to accept the Administrations objective of transitioning away from fossil fuels to Green New Deal climate change initiatives.

Make America a Schit hole third world country, then Americans will be begging for the Government to fix it anyway they can,
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
I'm 60 and spent allot of time around the older folks that actually lived through the Great Depression. None in my family ever had much money but they all knew how to get by. Here where we live, rural podunk area, we help each other. What I don't have my neighbor or friend does and what he needs I am able to help with. I've worked hard over the years to be able to put myself in a place to be able to help someone and enjoy it. I also know who I'll need to turn my back to. These people are the ones that got us here and cannot be trusted. As our friend from Alaska says, "know the enemy in your backyard".

Knowledge is going to be useful. Reverting back to some ways many have left behind may make a big difference between going without or being comfortable. If this thing blows up, and many things are pointing to that, allot of good people are going to need help. Being able to do that will make you of great value. Be careful who you turn to for help though. If you haven't got that figured out now you might want to get busy. Above all I hope our people return to the Godly values our nation was founded on. I try to promote that every day.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
The pro Biden people will be talking about how the Americans willingly went into recession as a sacrifice for Ukraine.
Posted By: ribka Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by renegade50
And of course .....

Yep, and that’s the root of the problem. Most of this country is so intellectually lazy and brainwashed by media that they believe whatever they’re told.

But what about Ukraine and covid? I see the US is giving Ukraine another 14 billion dollars. That will help our suffering
Posted By: 673 Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Originally Posted by Jim1611
I'm 60 and spent allot of time around the older folks that actually lived through the Great Depression. None in my family ever had much money but they all knew how to get by. Here where we live, rural podunk area, we help each other. What I don't have my neighbor or friend does and what he needs I am able to help with. I've worked hard over the years to be able to put myself in a place to be able to help someone and enjoy it. I also know who I'll need to turn my back to. These people are the ones that got us here and cannot be trusted. As our friend from Alaska says, "know the enemy in your backyard".

Knowledge is going to be useful. Reverting back to some ways many have left behind may make a big difference between going without or being comfortable. If this thing blows up, and many things are pointing to that, allot of good people are going to need help. Being able to do that will make you of great value. Be careful who you turn to for help though. If you haven't got that figured out now you might want to get busy. Above all I hope our people return to the Godly values our nation was founded on. I try to promote that every day.

I am your age, and I think likewise, good post.
Posted By: bluefish Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Didn't Heels Up Harris just leave this morning for Warsaw? This will all be fixed up in a jiffy. Not to worry. Right?
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
I don't think our so called leaders will ever admit it but I think they want inflation. It allows them to have their debt and devalue it at the same time on the backs of our declining buying power and lifestyle.
Posted By: BradinVA Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
I do believe there are nefarious people in the wings guiding some things, but I think many underestimate the level of stupid.

I truly believe many of our woes are because there are a LOT of stupid people trying to run things.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
I think we are headed for a crash.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Don't see any way around it from here.

Hell, depression wouldn't surprise me at this point.
Posted By: Daveinjax Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
If the dollar loses reserve currency status it will be Great Depression level bad. There’s a recession on the way for sure. Food prices are going to skyrocket by fall. The price of fertilizer , pesticides , and fuel has doubled or tripled already. Farmers are planting less and going to use less fertilizer and pesticides. Mostly smaller farms that can’t afford to plant and are unwilling to borrow heavily. Less acres planted and lower yields on those planted. War in the Ukraine will wipe out their grain exports. Brazilian exports will be down due to drought. By this time next year basic food staples will be up dramatically.
Originally Posted by BradinVA
I do believe there are nefarious people in the wings guiding some things, but I think many underestimate the level of stupid.

I truly believe many of our woes are because there are a LOT of stupid people trying to run things.

You would be Wrong.

These people are not stupid and certainly not incompetent, they are Agenda Driven and so far they have managed to take over the Media, take control of our Education System, take control of Social Media, take control of our Justice System, take control of our Military and LE, take control of The Legislative Branch AND figured out how to steal a Presidential election .

Not bad for a bunch of incompetent halfwits.

OH, and they have managed to convince over half the country that what they are doing is a good thing.
Originally Posted by steve4102

You would be Wrong.

These people are not stupid and certainly not incompetent, they are Agenda Driven and so far they have managed to take over the Media, take control of our Education System, take control of Social Media, take control of our Justice System, take control of our Military and LE, take control of The Legislative Branch AND figured out how to steal a Presidential election .

OH, and they have managed to convince over half the country that what they are doing is a good thing.

If you say so, but it sure took a lot of stupid people to get us to this point.
Posted By: Stammster Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Wealth is neither created nor destroyed, just transferred.

Who’s got the $80 Billion supposedly lost by the Russian Oligarchs?
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Recession is Coming

Captain Obvious....................

Might happen before the mid-terms or at least get a good start.

Combine gas & food prices, the fact the all the automakers cannot build & sell cars(lots are TOTALLY empty), so eventually there must be some major layoffs & the fact that this administration is totally lost on any policies to fix it, & it's a real recipe for it to be deep & long, at least last until past the 2024 elections.

I cannot believe that the country is willing to stand by & allow one person, with the stroke of a pen, to destroy our energy supply.................especially a demented bastard like who we have in office.

MM
Posted By: Calvin Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Saying a recession is coming is like saying the sun will rise in the morning. Give a year/quarter and stand by your prediction. Folks have been calling for crashes since whenever. Do they happen? Eventually.
Posted By: akrange Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
If a bad recession is coming how long will it be before we're in a civil war? When it gets right down to it, I'm not going hungry just so I can pay my taxes.

Oh yes you will and Your’ll like it..

Hey did ya see Bi is asking Congress for 2.6 Billion for International Gender Equity Programs ..
Then there’s the 14 Billion The Derby Donkey named Mitch wants for the Ukrainian Wealth Transfer Mechanism..
Ya think the Clinton’s got Tipped Off on the Juice and that’s why they started the Clinton Initiative Wealth Transfer Conveyor..
Got to hand it to them Nobody can Stop Them ..
Their Invincible..
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Recession is Coming

Captain Obvious....................

Might happen before the mid-terms or at least get a good start.

Combine gas & food prices, the fact the all the automakers cannot build & sell cars(lots are TOTALLY empty), so eventually there must be some major layoffs & the fact that this administration is totally lost on any policies to fix it, & it's a real recipe for it to be deep & long, at least last until past the 2024 elections.

I cannot believe that the country is willing to stand by & allow one person, with the stroke of a pen, to destroy our energy supply.................especially a demented bastard like who we have in office.

MM

Rule #1 of communication...always speak to the dumbest person in the room.

The "obvious" is obviously not obvious to everyone here.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Originally Posted by Stammster
Wealth is neither created nor destroyed, just transferred.

Who’s got the $80 Billion supposedly lost by the Russian Oligarchs?

Bullchit! Wealth is created. I can create wealth without someone else losing it.

On the flip side, set fire to that boat. That wealth is gone sans insurance.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
But we were all so happy when the Fed started printing money to make the economy seem better and prop up Wallstreet.

It's all fugging fake...you paid for it...and you will suffer the worst.
It is super important that we fight amongst ourselves... and with each other daily...

But NEVER harm a traitor, liberal or snowflake.

That would be kinda like a mean tweet thing.

You would be Wrong.

The only “Stupid” people are those that voted fir this schit and support anything Democrat.
It is super important that we fight amongst ourselves... and with each other daily...

Mean tweets are way worse than 4 dollar gas.

You would be Wrong.

The only “Stupid” people are those that voted fir this schit and support anything Democrat.

I wish they were the only stupid people.
Originally Posted by Calvin
Saying a recession is coming is like saying the sun will rise in the morning. Give a year/quarter and stand by your prediction. Folks have been calling for crashes since whenever. Do they happen? Eventually.

calvin...have you been through a recession?.....how old are you.....pretty much all recessions start out like this....recessions can be worse in some areas more that others...

a reset is coming...I dont go with the doom and gloom crowd.....but alot of people will be hurt......bob
Posted By: efw Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Originally Posted by JPro

IS real

It’s here

Just because the overlords find the timing inconvenient and won’t acknowledge I’d means nothing.

We are in a deep recession and headed into a deep dive all of which has been planned and designed by the build back better great reset green new deal cultists.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Mean tweets are way worse than 4 dollar gas.

its gonna happen trump or no trump....who ever lowered the interest rate so low and kept it there is why for the most part this is happing....bob

calvin...have you been through a recession?.....how old are you.....pretty much all recessions start out like this....recessions can be worse in some areas more that others...

a reset is coming...I dont go with the doom and gloom crowd.....but alot of people will be hurt......bob

I don't see how it can't be worse than 08.

I am sure we used fake money to prop up Wallstreet back then too...but dang...look at us now.

I am sure we used fake money to prop up Wallstreet back then too...but dang...look at us now.

I fished through 08. I know what it will do.

I fished through 08. I know what it will do.

Yeah....well I quit farming and went on tour as a roadie for the Greatfull Dead.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Originally Posted by efw

IS real

It’s here

Just because the overlords find the timing inconvenient and won’t acknowledge I’d means nothing.

We are in a deep recession and headed into a deep dive all of which has been planned and designed by the build back better great reset green new deal cultists.

Yep.
I predict we ain’t seen nothing, yet.
Gonna make the Great Depression look like a fuggin cakewalk.
We lost about 50% of our business. It also reorganized the industry. Strong stayed, over extended/fly by night operators disappeared. Those that survived got rich.

jim and cavlvin........will it be as bad as 08...no way to tell...but I dont think I have ever seen inflation so bad.....my background is construction.....and this looks like a bad bubble to me...bob

jim and cavlvin........will it be as bad as 08...no way to tell...but I dont think I have ever seen inflation so bad.....my background is construction.....and this looks like a bad bubble to me...bob

How have they been financing the construction Bob?

When we find material...we simply can't afford it....or afford to pay 6 percent on it anyway.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

That's even a hoax, they could care less about the environment. Its the greatest fraud scheme ever perpetuated even more so then Covid control, a kindergarten class in the worst school district has more brains then the staff and executives do in the White House.

You would be Wrong.

People keep saying this kind of thing, that the people in charge are stupid? NO they're very smart, they're working at taking over an entire country, and doing a great job, When you're living hand to mouth and they're sitting on a yacht eating the finest cuisine sipping champagne maybe you can re-access who the smart one is.

Geez’US Dude do you know how many products use a Oil Base Ingredient..
150.00 Oil will destroy the World .. 200.00 need I say More.
When Input cost go up prices go Up . At some point the Consumers will stop buying then the Producers stop building then the product that’s out there well the price goes Parabolic..
The Death to America Crowd can’t wait..
In fact for them the sooner the Better
Next Stop .. The Basement..
Posted By: AKA_Spook Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Written in 1919

Lenin is said to have declared that the best way to destroy the Capitalist System was to debauch the currency. By a continuing process of inflation, governments can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens.
(...)
Lenin was certainly right. There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose.
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
In 08 everyone was at the mall. This one will hurt.
Posted By: Trystan Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Its going to happen well before the midterms and it going to make 2008 look like a teddy bear. Your going to see Marshal Law in the US soon. Canada was a neighborly test run
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Originally Posted by 673
Total economic collapse, mainly because the corruption has been/being exposed. I sure wouldn't want to be a media person responsible for propping up this shyte with their lies, the "weeping and gnashing of teeth" is going to fall on them, there are others.

Howdy,

I'd guess 85-90% of the general public wouldn't even consider saying ''something mean'' to these tv mouth-pieces nor their producers/corporation owners. And if someone did, most, would consider it bad/rude.
Say like, if I punched rachael maddow in the mouth knocking out all of her teeth, 3/4 of the people on this board would think I'm a jackass for doing it.

I remember back during the obama regime when the economy was in the crapper, George Stephanopoulos was shopping antique's back east somewhere and people were kissing his asss.
Posted By: Teal Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Originally Posted by Trystan
Its going to happen well before the midterms and it going to make 2008 look like a teddy bear. Your going to see Marshal Law in the US soon. Canada was a neighborly test run

define "soon"
Originally Posted by Trystan

I say probably after the midterms because the FED will hold off the eminent dramatic interest rate hikes until then.

When we find material...we simply can't afford it....or afford to pay 6 percent on it anyway.

jim.....pretty much all my building has been for people that pay cash.....600 ,000 to 3 mill...did one that was around 5 mill.....these are figures before the big run up....low interest rates are allowing alot of people to buy houses at a price that they couldn't have before.....which drives the input prices on houses even higher......which jacks up the houses even more....take away low interest this run up is going to go away........I just sold my house....going to live in a 5th wheel while I build a shop and a ...small cabin.....to live in while I build my house....waiting to see if the downturn will ease up building prices....also I have kind of retired so will be doing as much as I can on my own projects to save money.

the prices of material right now is insane and labor costs.....we need a good recession ....bob
Nice.
Posted By: Daveinjax Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22

All depends on how you want to measure a recession. As far as I know were already deep into a recession. Inflation has been outpacing income for a year now. That’s a contraction of the real economy in my book. The recent fuel price jump is accelerating inflation as we speak. Thousands of small businesses have closed and labor participation rates are down. Some “free” money and monkeying with the data is hiding the results but that scheme is off the rails and will just add to the misery now. Most working people are already feeling the lower standards of living. It won’t be declared an official recession until Wall Street is getting crushed which is now starting. Most recessions are over before they’re ever officially recognized. This one won’t be over quickly. Structurally we’re in a bad place and the normal method of spending our way out is a big part of the problem this time.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
We're already in a recession, we just need to see what's in front of us at this moment.
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Eighty-one million voters deserve every evil that 's about to befall them. They voted for it. I hope every last one of them choke on it.

Yep can't be denied. The giant herd of cattle that is america voted the dumbass into office. Oh looky looky what that got us...........
What’s in Front of US is J Pow Pow next week..
If the Fed raises Interest Rates in face of all that’s happen you know they want to bring Rome Down..
Run for the Door faster than everyone else..
Posted By: logger Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22

You would be Wrong.

I thought voting didn't count.
Posted By: ElkSlayer91 Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
We haven’t had true economic growth for over two decades, and if you think we have, then you are simply relying on the government’s doctored numbers they want you to believe, and don’t know how to run the “true” numbers to discern what the truth is, the “real" GDP +/-.

Last quarter was worse than 1981 rate of inflation. That is how bad this is, and will get worse. This is going to make the 80’s look like the roaring twenties.

You talk about your great great grandparents, well welcome to the Great Great Depression.

True inflation is above 12%. What do you think setting interest rates above 12% to tame it will do with being $30 Trillion in debt? GOOD LUCK servicing the debt. What do you think interest rates will do to borrowing power for businesses to operate or customers to purchase? Hmmm, think that will throw an anchor off the bow, and bring the economy to an abrupt halt? Layoffs don’t allow mortgages to be paid or put food on the table, and we won't even talk about lower fertilizer production and the issues that will bring to the forefront, especially when during the last depression many still lived in the country still, where they had the means to grow some food and most importantly, had the skills to survive.

$30,000,000,000,000.00

Look at it closely. Uncharted waters. That is called passing the Rubicon where you’ll never be able to pay it back, which leads to your currency blowing in the wind.

USA DEBT/GDP = 128%.

Printing money only makes it grow, not retreat, and they won’t stop the printing presses. They can’t, and the FED has zero tools to save the collapse that is here.

Why do you think they want to start WW3 so bad?

When you cut energy availability / production, you cut the ability for GDP growth. For every unit of GDP growth, there is an equal unit of energy behind it. No energy equals zero economic growth. The Global Warming fraud scam is designed to restrict available energy that will in turn choke off GDP. You have to have energy for GDP to occur.

People laughed when I wrote the 32% unemployment article two years ago at the start of this destruction of the economy. https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/14727501/1

Well guess what, it’s now here where people are starting to really “feel it”, and it isn’t going away. We are on the back side of the mountain now, and it’s just a matter of how fast will the snowball roll to the bottom.

Posted By: local_dirt Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22

Problem is, the pieces of schit that really deserve it, the ones flying around the world in private jets, the ones being driven around in armored SUV's, the ones promising mountains of freebees to the useful idiots, won't feel it at all.

We badly need a Purge.
There ain’t that many of Them there’s millions of the Others..
Madd Maxx Next Stop.,
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Problem is, the pieces of schit that really deserve it, the ones flying around the world in private jets, the ones being driven around in armored SUV's, the ones promising mountains of freebees to the useful idiots, won't feel it at all.

We badly need a Purge.

I agree. The democrat voting, .gov employees/non profit working/off the public dole, living in cities, driving EV, taking public transportation won't feel this nearly as hard as us country folks.
Originally Posted by efw

IS real

It’s here

I'm not seeing it yet, but who knows. I just had a meeting last night with some higher ups in the corporate world, and the projects they are planning are mind blowing. I left the meeting with my head spinning.
Posted By: Boarmaster123 Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Economic cycles are a fact of life. Question is when and how bad. The last one was bad and way longer than it needed to be. That so called recovery killed a lot of businesses. Many can survive a couple year recession but when the recovery is slow and long with not much growth for 5 to 8 years the fat tends to wear off.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Originally Posted by efw

IS real

It’s here

I'm not seeing it yet, but who knows. I just had a meeting last night with some higher ups in the corporate world, and the projects they are planning are mind blowing. I left the meeting with my head spinning.

There were many, many 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 finished projects left to rot after the last recession.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
I recently saw an expression: "Recessions are like garage sales for the rich." I don't know about the rich part, but anyone with investible cash should be ok if they have the staying power to outlast it without needing the money. If everything totally goes off the rails for all time, nothing matters anyway. Buy booze and pot and party like it's 1999.
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22

jim.....pretty much all my building has been for people that pay cash.....600 ,000 to 3 mill...did one that was around 5 mill.....these are figures before the big run up....low interest rates are allowing alot of people to buy houses at a price that they couldn't have before.....which drives the input prices on houses even higher......which jacks up the houses even more....take away low interest this run up is going to go away........I just sold my house....going to live in a 5th wheel while I build a shop and a ...small cabin.....to live in while I build my house....waiting to see if the downturn will ease up building prices....also I have kind of retired so will be doing as much as I can on my own projects to save money.

the prices of material right now is insane and labor costs.....we need a good recession ....bob

Bob, do you think many of these people who have bitten off these huge chunks of houses are going to be hurting when things collapse? I think you're doing it the right way - sold your house and now living minimally.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Guaranteed. It probably won't happen until after the midterms, but get ready.

it's always around the corner with a dhimmicrat administration
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
81 million is a myth.

This. More like 65 million.

kwg
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by efw

IS real

It’s here

There were many, many 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 finished projects left to rot after the last recession.

I've been around as a high level techie in the corporate world and I've seen a lot of Ivory Tower educated idiots drive formerly prosperous companies into the ground with their "planning" and "ideas".

If companies simply started with banning all Ivy League graduates from upper level management positions, you'd be thousands of miles ahead in that endeavor. NOT kidding..

We badly need a Purge.

I agree. The democrat voting, .gov employees/non profit working/off the public dole, living in cities, driving EV, taking public transportation won't feel this nearly as hard as us country folks.

Realistically, anyone still voting democrat at this point in our country's history also needs to be part of the Purge.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22

When are the people who created the coup going to be caught and punished ? I truly think we know who the players are. I say we start with them.

kwg

We badly need a Purge.

The ones that really need are the ones that have been voting these idiots in for the last 60 years. Letting someone else teach their kids. Let Uncle Sam be daddy.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
Dark times ahead.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Recession is Coming - 03/09/22
The recession-depression is not only real, it is intensional.

As Biden’s energy secretary Granholm has stated, Americans must suffer first, in order to accept the Administrations objective of transitioning away from fossil fuels to Green New Deal climate change initiatives.

Make America a Schit hole third world country, then Americans will be begging for the Government to fix it anyway they can,

Granholm is a watermelon, green on the outside and red on the inside.

And Hunter Biden's father has nominated a lady for bank regulator who says she will pressure banks not to lend money to fossil energy companies.
Posted By: BobMt Re: Recession is Coming - 03/10/22
Originally Posted by Triggernosis

Bob, do you think many of these people who have bitten off these huge chunks of houses are going to be hurting when things collapse? I think you're doing it the right way - sold your house and now living minimally.

if you keep your job in a recession and make the payments should be fine....if you have to sell thats when a person gets screwed ......bob
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Recession is Coming - 03/10/22

I've been around as a high level techie in the corporate world and I've seen a lot of Ivory Tower educated idiots drive formerly prosperous companies into the ground with their "planning" and "ideas".

If companies simply started with banning all Ivy League graduates from upper level management positions, you'd be thousands of miles ahead in that endeavor. NOT kidding..

I heard one stock service analyst say recently that you could tell which high-flying newer companies were going to crash by identifying the ones that were throwing stupid amounts of money at recent Ivy League MBA grads to get them work there.
Posted By: Teal Re: Recession is Coming - 03/10/22
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

I heard one stock service analyst say recently that you could tell which high-flying newer companies were going to crash by identifying the ones that were throwing stupid amounts of money at recent Ivy League MBA grads to get them work there.

I've been around enough consultants fresh out of school to not trust that either.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Recession is Coming - 03/10/22

We badly need a Purge.

Realistically, anyone still voting democrat at this point in our country's history also needs to be part of the Purge.

Yep. Ought to be a bounty on all those sorry Motherfuckahs. 😡
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Recession is Coming - 03/10/22
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

We badly need a Purge.

Yep. Ought to be a bounty on all those sorry Motherfuckahs. 😡

Switching channels around the Nuez, I see a lot of these idiots justifying the cost of gasoline, saying they're ok with it. You know, Slow Joe's war against the devil Putin and all that. Still with their mask on, BTW.

Let's see how they react to no food. They may be able to absorb the rise in fuel costs, but the Karens and their kids in the back of the mommy van still gotta eat. Should get interesting here in the next month or two.
Posted By: ElkSlayer91 Re: Recession is Coming - 03/10/22
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
We haven’t had true economic growth for over two decades, and if you think we have, then you are simply relying on the government’s doctored numbers they want you to believe, and don’t know how to run the “true” numbers to discern what the truth is, the “real" GDP +/-.

Last quarter was worse than 1981 rate of inflation. That is how bad this is, and will get worse. This is going to make the 80’s look like the roaring twenties.

You talk about your great great grandparents, well welcome to the Great Great Depression.

True inflation is above 12%. What do you think setting interest rates above 12% to tame it will do with being $30 Trillion in debt? GOOD LUCK servicing the debt. What do you think interest rates will do to borrowing power for businesses to operate or customers to purchase? Hmmm, think that will throw an anchor off the bow, and bring the economy to an abrupt halt? Layoffs don’t allow mortgages to be paid or put food on the table, and we won't even talk about lower fertilizer production and the issues that will bring to the forefront, especially when during the last depression many still lived in the country still, where they had the means to grow some food and most importantly, had the skills to survive.

$30,000,000,000,000.00

Look at it closely. Uncharted waters. That is called passing the Rubicon where you’ll never be able to pay it back, which leads to your currency blowing in the wind.

USA DEBT/GDP = 128%.

Printing money only makes it grow, not retreat, and they won’t stop the printing presses. They can’t, and the FED has zero tools to save the collapse that is here.

Why do you think they want to start WW3 so bad?

When you cut energy availability / production, you cut the ability for GDP growth. For every unit of GDP growth, there is an equal unit of energy behind it. No energy equals zero economic growth. The Global Warming fraud scam is designed to restrict available energy that will in turn choke off GDP. You have to have energy for GDP to occur.

People laughed when I wrote the 32% unemployment article two years ago at the start of this destruction of the economy. https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/14727501/1

Well guess what, it’s now here where people are starting to really “feel it”, and it isn’t going away. We are on the back side of the mountain now, and it’s just a matter of how fast will the snowball roll to the bottom.

This is what I was talking about above in the bold. The numbers came out today.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics' Consumer Price Index (CPI) rose 7.9% in February compared to last year, marking the fastest annual jump since 1982. This took out January's previous 40-year high rate of 7.5%, and matched consensus economist expectations, according to Bloomberg data.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/consumer-price-index-cpi-inflation-february-2022-203614415.html

Next month will blow it out even more with this months energy prices going vertical.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Recession is Coming - 03/10/22
Rural west coast the real hits started in 1980 with the savings and loan crisis, then the spotted owl, then NAFTA, then 2008 Obama meltdown...it's just been one hit after another, the rural wood products industry and economy never recovering before the next hit...so just how in hell would we know if it's hard times or not? It's been over 40 years since anyone can remember 'good times'. So let the recession roll baby, we are so used to hard times, we kinda like it. And the good thing about high fuel prices...cuts down on tourism, which never did anything for the local economy anyway, they buy their supplies before they leave the city, fill their gas tanks when they leave the freeway, leave a trail of garbage and toilet paper everywhere...c'mon hard times.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Recession is Coming - 03/10/22
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Rural west coast the real hits started in 1980 with the savings and loan crisis, then the spotted owl, then NAFTA, then 2008 Obama meltdown...it's just been one hit after another, the rural wood products industry and economy never recovering before the next hit...so just how in hell would we know if it's hard times or not? It's been over 40 years since anyone can remember 'good times'. So let the recession roll baby, we are so used to hard times, we kinda like it. And the good thing about high fuel prices...cuts down on tourism, which never did anything for the local economy anyway, they buy their supplies before they leave the city, fill their gas tanks when they leave the freeway, leave a trail of garbage and toilet paper everywhere...c'mon hard times.

About right.

It sounds kinda depressing wishing for hard times so you can still live normally. Did someone chain you up and make you live there for 40 years?
Cheyenne, I made it sound like I'm whining for myself...but that's wrong, family is and has done pretty good over the years. But I look back at the loss of family wage jobs, for political decisions, wrecked and broken families, loss of self respect when good men couldn't buy a job, small towns and businesses gone, schools losing enrollment and it makes me angry. The forest, your forest also, that sustainably served everyone now is pretty much untouchable and for the last 10 years has been burning at a rate of millions of acres a year. Our situation is just the same as the tragedy of the rust belt/steel industry, the war on coal...only on a smaller scale. Like a lot of decisions in my life, why didn't I give up and sell out? I don't really know, there is good and bad. It's hard to just walk away from "home", 3 generations lived and died here. Worked in Alaska for 10 years but that is not easy on a marriage or the kids. Too late now anyway.
I get that, flintlocke. But, the reality is that young people have a lot more opportunities available to them than in the past (especially women), and they don't have to stay where they were born. Some of those things in your post may have accelerated the trend, but small towns were headed for decline no matter what as younger generations head for urban amenities and jobs where they don't get dirty.
You nailed it there, Cheyenne, the kids from these dying communities scatter like quail...and thank God they do, there is nothing here for them unless they inherit a ranch or get good grades and get the hell out with a scholarship. And, look at the bright side, I didn't move to Montana, Wyoming or Idaho, grin, I think the welcome mat is long gone.
Posted By: old_boots Re: Recession is Coming - 03/10/22

Watch the news for mention of Bidumb wanting to initiate a change for everyone to cryptocurrency...
Posted By: WildWest Re: Recession is Coming - 03/10/22
Ole muppett FJB just signed an excutive order for the US to regulate crypto. What could go wrong?? LOL
Posted By: BobMt Re: Recession is Coming - 03/11/22
You nailed it there, Cheyenne, the kids from these dying communities scatter like quail...and thank God they do, there is nothing here for them unless they inherit a ranch or get good grades and get the hell out with a scholarship. And, look at the bright side, I didn't move to Montana, Wyoming or Idaho, grin, I think the welcome mat is long gone.

this is America....move where ever you want somebody doesn't like it tough shhhitt....having said that good people should be welcome anywhere.....bob
Posted By: EdM Re: Recession is Coming - 03/11/22
Originally Posted by efw

IS real

It’s here

That wasn't my experience in my with 30 years with Royal Dutch Shell.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Recession is Coming - 03/11/22
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by efw

IS real

It’s here

That wasn't my experience in my with 30 years with Royal Dutch Shell.

Sample of one.
© 24hourcampfire