Home
Posted By: simonkenton7 How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
The S has hit the F. You have a garden, some egg laying chickens, and a bunch of food in the basement. But there is no electricity. How will you get water?
You have a well? Buy one of these and you will have water.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It has a valve on the bottom. When it goes underwater, the valve opens.

Cool, clear, water.

Posted By: blanket Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
will use the well pump as long as possible, but have one of those as well. Easy to make
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
Jeeze....someone just invented a bailer....
Posted By: steve4102 Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
Lake Superior, has lots.
Posted By: ironbender Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

lolol
Posted By: JGray Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
I'd need over 500' of rope for that to work in my well.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
Great idea!

All I have to do is pull up 375’ of plastic pipe and wire, and the pump of course, then lower that puppy & pull it up full of water.

Think I’ll just run my generator and use the pump that’s down there. It burns maybe a gallon of gas an hour, and can pump a lot of water in an hour. One of those big poly tanks they sell at the tractor store might be a good idea.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Great idea!

All I have to do is pull up 375’ of plastic pipe and wire, and the pump of course, then lower that puppy & pull it up full of water.

Think I’ll just run my generator and use the pump that’s down there. It burns maybe a gallon of gas an hour, and can pump a lot of water in an hour. One of those big poly tanks they sell at the tractor store might be a good idea.

That is right. Pain in the ass to pull that pump.
On the other hand, in a dire SHTF situation, there will be some bad guys with guns out and about, looking for food and other stuff to steal. If they hear a generator running, they will go to the sound of that generator.
Originally Posted by JGray
I'd need over 500' of rope for that to work in my well.

OK. Then get 500 feet of rope. My well needs 210 feet of rope. While you are at it, get a pulley.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
Back in the old days. Well 100 years ago they used similar device. Just a piece of weighted stove pipe with hold drilled in it on 1/2 of other end. Bottom was closed. You just dropped it down well case let it sink and fill up. Pull it back.
Mine only needs 40’ of rope🤣
Posted By: flagstaff Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
At my house in Flagstaff, I have a metal roof, and a rain gutter system that I plumbed to an underground 3,000 gallon metal cistern. A 1” rain gives me about 1,200 gallons. I water purifier/filers from there

When I am in Phoenix, swimming pools and canal systems abound. Have water purifier/filters I brought down with me when I am down there
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
Artesian well here. Just pull the cap.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22

Windmills, we have a few, Rio7

Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Great idea!

On the other hand, in a dire SHTF situation, there will be some bad guys with guns out and about, looking for food and other stuff to steal. If they hear a generator running, they will go to the sound of that generator.

Grandpa’s got guns too, and would rather be shot than die pulling all that stuff out of the ground. Pretty sure the puller used by my well guy has a lot more ass than I do….
Posted By: Houston_2 Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
The Israeli atmospheric water maker is interesting engineering.
Posted By: JeffA Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
This is just one of the reasons they die first.
Great idea!

Grandpa’s got guns too, and would rather be shot than die pulling all that stuff out of the ground. Pretty sure the puller used by my well guy has a lot more ass than I do….
well pumps pull easy with a loader tractor
Posted By: Dutch Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
There's about 3,000 gallons per minute of spring flow within a mile of the farm. We'll be ok......
Posted By: tylerw02 Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
How will I get water? It just boils up out of the pipe in the ground.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
I'll just distill saltwater in my still.
We started clearing all the Ashe juniper off the ranch last year. Almost 1/2 done. Spring are starting up again. When we get the highlands done in the back pasture there are several old springs back there that might just start up again.
The crick..
I've got a tile line that empties in my yard. I'll drink from that until I die of the carcinogens.
Several free-running springs in ther area, plus I've got a 300+ ft. well that's been keeping us supplied for over 40 years. The water comet to within 30 feet of the surface if it's not pumped for a few hours. Back before we got the submersible pump installed and plumbed the house, my son called hoisting up a 6 foot bailer and emptying it into a 5 gallon plastic bucket "running water" when he brought it into the house.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
I have a sump pump pit in the basement. The water gets filtered around the house and ends up in the sump pump pit. The water is pretty clear but some chlorine bleach or boiling should get rid of the bad stuff. Unfortunately, I am 47 miles from the well at the farm. It's a 2 foot drop from the top of the well to the water.

kwg
Posted By: nathanial Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
The river in the back has plenty.
Posted By: akasparky Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
12 volt

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com][Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com][Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org][Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com][Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org][Linked Image from plastic-mart.com][Linked Image from i.dlpng.com][Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Posted By: slumlord Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
I can hit water at 7-8ft with my back hoe here against the limestone bluffs on our place.

We have two wells.

Several surface springs and a year round stream with crawdads and minnows. Clear limestone bottoms on the creek here and for now, no nasty bovines up the hollow.
Posted By: akasparky Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
It's great having a ho
Posted By: rem141r Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
i drink beer so i'm good.
Originally Posted by rem141r

+1. If there’s no beer, I’d rather not survive the SHTF
Originally Posted by blanket
Great idea!

well pumps pull easy with a loader tractor

Left mine in my other pants.

Hell, the Shenandoah is only 15 minutes away. I can take a bath while my Sawyers filters out water for my coffee.
Posted By: Edwin264 Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
We got a well, a stock tank, and a still.
Posted By: Edwin264 Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by rem141r

+1. If there’s no beer, I’d rather not survive the SHTF

LMAO
Posted By: JTrapper73 Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
Have a good spring 100 yards or so behind the house. It’s never went dry. Probably flows 40 to 50 gallon a minute.
It comes out on a big flat rock and there’s a hole that was chiseled in there at some point that is just big enough to scoop a five gallon bucket into.
There’s an old road runs beside it.
An old guy told us people used to stop and get water there when he was a kid back in the thirties. He told us about the hole.
We had always kept the spring cleaned out but after talking to him we started digging and probing around on that big flat rock and found a little depression the size of a cereal bowl.
We kept at it and an hour later had cleaned out a huge “dipping” hole.
This was around 86’ or so.
Over 40 years time and the gravel and clay had packed in there and if the old timer hadn’t told us about it we would have never known it was there.
Posted By: Ben_Lurkin Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
Reservoir is 1/4 mile away. No bailing required.
My brother in Atlanta has a swimming pool. To begin with, Atlanta would be a real bad place to be in a survival situation. Talk about some bad guys with guns that want to come to your neighborhood and take your stuff. One reason I don't live there any more.

But, right now he has a cover on it, so no dead bugs or birds in the water. Certainly you could use that water to flush the toilet, and you could cook with it. I guess you could drink it, it has chlorine in it. Might have to let set overnight to let the chlorine dissipate.
Posted By: rainshot Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
??? good question. Lake I suppose. Don't have a well. We do loose water whenever the electwicity goes out.
Originally Posted by JTrapper73
Have a good spring 100 yards or so behind the house. It’s never went dry. Probably flows 40 to 50 gallon a minute.
It comes out on a big flat rock and there’s a hole that was chiseled in there at some point that is just big enough to scoop a five gallon bucket into.
There’s an old road runs beside it.
An old guy told us people used to stop and get water there when he was a kid back in the thirties. He told us about the hole.
We had always kept the spring cleaned out but after talking to him we started digging and probing around on that big flat rock and found a little depression the size of a cereal bowl.
We kept at it and an hour later had cleaned out a huge “dipping” hole.
This was around 86’ or so.
Over 40 years time and the gravel and clay had packed in there and if the old timer hadn’t told us about it we would have never known it was there.

Bonanza! A massive spring 100 yards from the house. You can't beat that.
Posted By: Hubert Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
my father was a wv Moonshiner, let me know if you need help.
Posted By: HitnRun Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I'll just distill saltwater in my still.

Great idea, no one will ever steal your water supply.
Posted By: Hubert Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
my father was a wv Moonshiner, let me know if you need help.
Originally Posted by Edwin264
We got a well, a stock tank, and a still.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
Great idea!

And this guy with a generator will have a gun as well.

I guess that generator can call em in then I can shoot em and take their guns and ammo.

Win/Win.
The S has hit the F. You have a garden, some egg laying chickens, and a bunch of food in the basement. But there is no electricity. How will you get water?

Cool, clear, water.

No luck Googling Waterboy product information. Do you have a link to the product?
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
A spring and pond on our property
Posted By: kendibs Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
Reservoir. Never lost water. Pressure fed.
https://readymaderesources.com/product/3-well-bucket/

Here is a link to WaterBoy. I bought that WaterBoy 10 years ago, I guess they still are in business.
Posted By: Teal Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
Lake Michigan isn’t likely to dry up
Posted By: Huntz Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
Got a spring fed pond.
Posted By: saddlering Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
I live on a spring fed Lake!
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Cool, clear, water.

No luck Googling Waterboy product information. Do you have a link to the product?
you can make one for about 25 bucks from pvc fittings, pipe, fender washers and a rubber gasket
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
The river is a couple hundred yards, have to cross a crock to get there.
Old fat man gonna get in shape.
Or have a heart attack.
Posted By: MAC Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
Got a river down the road. Water isn't a problem for me.
Posted By: memtb Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
Solar….lots of solar! Properly prepared, life won’t change dramatically! 😉 Solar can provide, water well, irrigation, lights, refrigeration, charging battery powered tools, ect. It will make survival a bit more pleasant! memtb
Posted By: High_Noon Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
I live in the unforgiving Chihuahuan Desert of W. TX. The Rio Grande is pretty much always dry, unless they decide to release water for irrigation. 2 of the 3 aquifers here are brackish - they mix it with water from the lone fresh water aquifer, so the water quality is crap here - it stinks and is foul - full of calcium carbonate and such. Unless I can get a dehumidifier or some such, I'm fūcked. Even if I do, it's extremely dry here, so I'm not sure how much water it would produce. I do have about 30 gallons of filtered water on hand, but that won't last long at all.

I need to move, but my daughter is here.
Posted By: xarcher Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
I have water purification filters/tablets like is used in hiking/camping.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
Lake Ontario.
As long as Champlain is still a few steps away we’ll be ok. Focusing on the solar & wind opportunity this spring. That’s our weak link.
Posted By: logger Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
Our well is 1500' below our house and the water is pumped 900 feet above our house (90 vertical feet) to 4 1700 gallon underground tanks. Float kicks the pump on when water drops below 6,000 gallons in the tanks. Water flows to the house at about 32 psi, and is boosted to 65 psi by our house pump, although we can easily get by with gravity pressure. So we are good for awhile and then there is the creek that runs through the middle of our property.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
JGray: It would need 286' of rope for me to use - I guess I better get started finding this stuff.
Thanks for the heads up.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Does this count? Plus, it is full of self replenishing protein.
[Linked Image]

And about fifteeen yards from my house is a 10 inch diameter, 900 foot deep well with static level six feet below the surface. Flow rate is over 200 gpm with a water temp of 85 degrees F. It would serve well to feed under floor heating coils in a house or shop, or as a source for a heat pump.

Right beside it is a six inch well 150 feet deep with static level of forty feet. We punched it to get cool water to service the house.

The pond is fed from ground water.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
Not enough water is the last thing I'll ever have to worry about
Posted By: rem141r Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
theres an old spring house down in the woods behind the house. water is usually a foot or less deep and it flows year around. used to be a pasture many moons ago. water looks clean but who knows. probably better than a puddle.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
Rain water cisterns, and rain water barrels work.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Rain water cisterns, and rain water barrels work.
needs to be filtered and boiled
Correct Russ, for drinking.
Posted By: stuvwxyz Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22

Having a 36 year career in the industry I can smell opportunity. Using these new bailer by the novice homeowners, I can see dollar signs as they hire me to bring in equipment to remove lost bailer down well.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
Originally Posted by stuvwxyz

Having a 36 year career in the industry I can smell opportunity. Using these new bailer by the novice homeowners, I can see dollar signs as they hire me to bring in equipment to remove lost bailer down well.

laugh

Yep.

It'll happen. Lots.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22

Time to go fishing!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
I'm just going to turn my generator on, and failing that, I have a windmill out back with a 3000 gallon water tank.

This may be better than a bailer... https://www.gunslingerwellpumps.com/

You don't want to drop it down the well either, though. wink
Posted By: Raferman Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22

Time to go fishing!

Who told you there was water in Montana?
A RAM, pump works without electret power.
Windmills still work.
Posted By: Blu_Cs Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/03/22
Originally Posted by RIO7

Windmills, we have a few, Rio7

Awesome pic, Rio
The old hand pumps also work.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I'm just going to turn my generator on, and failing that, I have a windmill out back with a 3000 gallon water tank.

This may be better than a bailer... https://www.gunslingerwellpumps.com/

You don't want to drop it down the well either, though. wink

My water table is stupid high, had thought about putting in a windmill or solar pump for a water trough for the critters, and if needs be the house too. But I'm to cheap to spend the scratch and have someone punch another well.

I have a big year round creek 100 yards or so on NF off my back corner and a pond with a "usually running" creek 20 yards from the house. First place I've ever had where water wasn't an issue.

If I only had enough acres to graze some livestock I'd be happy lol. But unless I find something that can live on skunk cabbage I'm shcit outta luck
Originally Posted by High_Noon
I live in the unforgiving Chihuahuan Desert of W. TX. The Rio Grande is pretty much always dry, unless they decide to release water for irrigation. 2 of the 3 aquifers here are brackish - they mix it with water from the lone fresh water aquifer, so the water quality is crap here - it stinks and is foul - full of calcium carbonate and such. Unless I can get a dehumidifier or some such, I'm fūcked. Even if I do, it's extremely dry here, so I'm not sure how much water it would produce. I do have about 30 gallons of filtered water on hand, but that won't last long at all.

I need to move, but my daughter is here.
''

I have spent many hours in the Chihuahuan Desert, driving the big rig to El Paso. Probably went there 150 times. Went by El Capitan 15 or 20 times, just fantastic! A little bit out of route but I loved to see El Capitan. Beautiful to drive through with a good a/c. A far cry from the rainy mountains here in North Carolina.

Not much water out there.
Do you live in town? How do you get your water?
Yes. I live in town. I get my water from the sink (water utility), but I have the drinking water spigot hooked up to a 2-stage filter.

Yep. El Capitan is indeed cool. I been there many times and climbed it thrice. Fugged up my left knee coming down the last time and my knee's not been the same since.

El Capitan:

Are you in El Paso?
Yes
The river, snow melt water, a 12v pump, a 300+ gallon tote, and several Katadyn base camp filters.
Plus a always full tote on my back patio.
Posted By: Houston_2 Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/04/22

Solar powered Watergen.
Posted By: broomd Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/04/22
Originally Posted by Huntz
Got a spring fed pond.

Yep, same here. Gotta kick the moose out of it sometimes, but it's always there.
Glad we don't live like 99% of the rest of America.

High Noon I got stuck in El Paso for 3 days over the Fourth of July, in 2016. I was at that big Flying J truck stop east side of town. On the night of the Fourth, the fireworks were fantastic! All of El Paso, and Juarez were laid out before us, and the Mexicans were blowing up more big rockets than the Americans did. For 3 or 4 hours it was fantastic!
I live a couple hundred yards from the Willamette River. All you can drink, and all the tootsie rolls you can eat (after a major rainstorm). sick

I also have a couple of 275 gallon food grade IBC totes that I catch rainwater in. I keep bleach, iodine, and fuel on hand for boiling if needed.

It's not a matter of if, but when, we'll get a good enough quake here to disrupt utilities for quite some time. Might as well be as ready as possible I guess.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/04/22
No shortage of water or water sources in Aleutian Hell. The water table at up north house is only 12ft on an underground stream. My house well is hand-driven.
Posted By: MarkWV Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/04/22
Mountain springs everywhere around here. Well at the cabin, spring over the hill from it.
Posted By: CBB Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/04/22
I'll just use a bucket
Plenty nearby
Posted By: JamesJr Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/04/22
90 foot well, only problem is it's sulfur water, but if one is thirsty enough, it's drinkable. I have one of the old fashioned water buckets that I can use to draw water with if it ever gets to that. There are also several springs on my farms, and they run year round. Finding water would be the least of my worries.
Posted By: Fullfan Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/04/22
Sandy by generator, 1000 gal tank of fuel. We good for a while
Posted By: SamOlson Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/04/22
The only water I'm worried about falls from the sky.

We have a river, a creek, multiple wells, and my wife is still hoarding bottled water.

Those f'ing fear monger podcasts....lol
Posted By: Masshunter Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/04/22
I have artisen 120 foot for my house, but have a shallow well point and hand pump for the garden that will work
Posted By: JeffA Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/04/22
Originally Posted by SamOlson
The only water I'm worried about falls from the sky.

We have a river, a creek, multiple wells, and my wife is still hoarding bottled water.

Those f'ing fear monger podcasts....lol

I bet your cows pizz in that river.

You'd better check that link out for the bailer on a rope.
You can buy that chunk of 3 inch PVC AND a 10 inch pulley for just $250.00.
A thirsty man will find that money well spent.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/04/22
I walked down and looked at the recent water hole.

Took a pic for management.

Good spot, ice is pretty much gone.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Posted By: luvrifles Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/04/22
My well overflows year round, top is 3ft above grade. I can siphon if need be. Pond is another option, 1.25 acre and 16ft deep. There is a creek down below that runs most of the year. Water is really no problem.
Posted By: blanket Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/04/22
Get your koolaid packets and iodine tabs ready to drink streams and rivers.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: How Will You Get Water? - 04/04/22
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Great idea!

And this guy with a generator will have a gun as well.

I guess that generator can call em in then I can shoot em and take their guns and ammo.

Win/Win.

Make a recording of the sounds a generator makes.

Keep your freezer stocked with marauders.
If you wanted to use a 4 foot section of pvc pipe to draw water from your well, yes you would need to get the existing pipe out of the way. And I Imagine that would be difficult to do without the equipment that a well drilling company has.

But,you would not need to pull the entire pipe, and the pump from the well. My well is 505 feet deep. But the water is at 210 feet. All we would have to do is pull that 2 inch pipe up, get ten feet out of the well and saw it off. Then pull up ten feet more and saw. Cut the wire. Do that 22 times, and let the pipe go. The pump will go to the bottom of the well, and you will have 10 feet of clearance between the top of the pipe and the water.

With the pump underwater the entire time, it would not be nearly as heavy as a pump out in the air. Not sure but I think 2 or 3 guys could do this by hand.

As for retrieving the pipe and pump, once society had returned to normal, no problem the well drilling companies can easily retrieve a pipe and pump from a well.
water table is close enough here I can drive a point down 30 feet or so and attach a pitcher pump ,and get all I need
Posted By: Squidge Re: How Will You Get Water? - 06/03/22
Bump.
"I never drink water- - - - -fish fornicate in it!"
W.C. Fields
Posted By: stxhunter Re: How Will You Get Water? - 06/03/22
Live next to the ocean and have my own still.
Posted By: gunzo Re: How Will You Get Water? - 06/03/22
A conundrum for me lately. Used to have pool that if left full or at winter level could furnish approx 10K gallons of water. Not potable but that could be fixed. But it's been deactivated, & opened a gap in my supplies. Small branch running through my property but mostly dry. Damming it could be a fix, for a couple grand worth of dozing.

Altering rain gutter downspouts & having a lot of proper containers the best bet in my local as we generally get regular rains.

Water, without plenty of it, a basement full of food & ammo will be left for whoever finds it after you're gone.
Posted By: hookeye Re: How Will You Get Water? - 06/03/22
Lots of water around me, proly all contaminated.
Industrial area fugged whole county.

Rains often here so not worried.
1) three lakes (ponds) on site
2) one well on site
3) air lift pump set up on well now
4) once held a Texas Class "B" Surface Water Production license.

You need to produce 100 gallons/person/day. You can survive on 50, but personal hygiene goes out the window. Of course, nobody will come around you, so you may be safe! 😜
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: How Will You Get Water? - 06/03/22

How much drinking water can you make with that?
Posted By: RUM7 Re: How Will You Get Water? - 06/03/22
A deep well and a river out behind my house.

How much drinking water can you make with that?

Just enough to get drunk enough to not give two [bleep] about running out of water for the apocolypse
I'm about a quarter mile or so from a river that supposedly supplies some of the cleanest water in the country. A few gallons of bleach will go a long ways in purifying it.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: How Will You Get Water? - 06/03/22
I built my wife a 3 acre lake that we live on so she wouldn't miss the ocean. Water is the least of our worries.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: How Will You Get Water? - 06/03/22
A very intelligent young man told me in 1987 that the world will run out of fresh water before it runs out of oil.
Posted By: Steve Re: How Will You Get Water? - 06/03/22
Order cases of the stuff from amazon.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: How Will You Get Water? - 06/03/22
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
We started clearing all the Ashe juniper off the ranch last year. Almost 1/2 done. Spring are starting up again. When we get the highlands done in the back pasture there are several old springs back there that might just start up again.
Wish I could get the BLM to do about 100 sq miles of juniper removal here.

Heck, I bet even doing the 20 sq miles behind our place would start a couple I know of up again.

Ranchers would likely be happy, besides the springs running there'd be more forage. Their cattle are not particularly fond of the juniper.
Posted By: roundoak Re: How Will You Get Water? - 06/03/22
Several springs and some spring-fed creeks on the farms.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: How Will You Get Water? - 06/03/22
I've read, a big cottonwood tree can dissipate 500 gallons of water a day.
Posted By: hotsoup Re: How Will You Get Water? - 06/03/22
I have a 35 acre reservoir here on this farm. Water won’t be a problem. Lots of farms with reservoirs between my place and the 2 closest towns so town folk looking for water won’t make it out to my place. That said, I seriously doubt it will come to SHTF in my remaining years.
Originally Posted by hookeye
Lots of water around me, proly all contaminated.
Industrial area fugged whole county.

Rains often here so not worried.
make a still, pretty simple.
If I distill ten gallons, probably close to that.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: How Will You Get Water? - 06/03/22
My hot tub holds about 400 gallons and my next door neighbors had a hand pump added to the top of their well they said we could use anytime. Also, My f150 has a 7 2 kwatt generator that will run our well pump easy enough.
Posted By: waterrat Re: How Will You Get Water? - 06/03/22
Lake Iliamna,, and our spring,,,,,
© 24hourcampfire