Home
Posted By: memtb Murders at Georgia Gun Range - 04/09/22

It can happen anywhere at any time! Never let your guard down! memtb

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-dead-shooting-georgia-gun-range-83979128
Thieves took the video camera. It'll be hard for leo to determine who did this. Betcha it goes unsolved.
Wow, I have family in Grantville. Coweta county is growing too fast. Build it and they will come.
Originally Posted by memtb

It can happen anywhere at any time! Never let your guard down! memtb

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-dead-shooting-georgia-gun-range-83979128

Sounds like a gun store on a range facility was robbed, rather than the range itself. The range I shoot at, for example, has no main office, let alone gun store. Nothing to rob, other than those who come to shoot at the range. Just about all of us are carrying hot while there, so that wouldn't likely work out too well for the robbers, although I guess it would be easy to get the jump on a shooter, since no one would look twice at someone approaching them with a rifle at the ready.
Wow, sad deal.
Hope they catch the POS and give them more than they've got coming.

When I lived in Florida, two local gunrange's were loaded with scumbag freaks who look like the types who would rob and murder someone.
Memtb: And the "grandson" was also killed - sad!
For a fistful of dollars (I am guessing?) - three lives ended and countless others saddened to the extreme.
FMB!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
google maps street view
May we see justice...
Perhaps an indoor range/rental/store? We have a couple like that around here.

I hope that surveillance camera was backed up to the cloud.
Three people killed for at the most 40K, what a shame.
It was a gun store with an indoor pistol range, and an outdoor rifle range. It is about 30 minutes from me. It sounds like they got a lot of guns too. My first thought is an Atlanta gang raided the place at closing time.
Those green eyed Irish again.
Dammit.... Prayers for the family...
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Murders at Georgia Gun Range - 04/09/22
Groid???
Posted By: memtb Re: Murders at Georgia Gun Range - 04/09/22

Years before I moved to my present location ( 70’s or 80’s), we had a multiple murder at our local outdoor range. It seems that a man from out of town, was frequenting the local range during the morning while some locals were shooting. After several days one of the locals offered the visitor the opportunity to shoot his firearm. He did…..killing those at the range!

Wolves are often disguised by sheep’s clothing! Always live in the “Yellow Zone”! memtb
Originally Posted by Sako76

I was thinking 80K, on the outside. Perps should see Open Range justice. Hang immediately from nearest tall oak or light pole when found.
We were at a local public range some years back, and some old dude about got himself shot by being deaf and stupid. We were at a bench , had the Suburban backed up there, cargo doors open so we could use the back as a sort of range table. Some other guys showed up, started shooting, normal folks, seemed like. So this guy has a Rossi Mare’s Leg in 45 Colt, he just bought. He loads it up, points it downrange, and pulls the trigger. Hammer drops, nothing. Levers a live shell out on the ground, pulls the trigger again. By this time, I am watching him. Levers another round out, pulls trigger a third time, same result. Then he turns toward us, damn gun still pointing straight ahead(at us), and proceeds to walk toward me.

Old man says he needs help figuring out the problem. I tell him in a loud and assertive manner to point the damn thing downrange. He keeps coming, gun still up. I am pushing the wife into the back of the Suburban with one hand, pointing downrange and screaming at him to point the g-damn gun down range. He just keeps coming, gun still leveled. At this point, my hand drops to my pistol and it is coming out of the holster. He is about six or eight feet from me. That is when a younger guy, probably his son, finally comes up behind him and turns him bodily away from me, apologizing profusely. I told him the old man was a whisker from getting shot, and he better learn some safety and get his hearing checked. They went to the other end of the range, and we left. Last time we went to a public range.

The whole time this was going on, my mind was ticking down a list of reasons the old guy might be walking up to me with a loaded weapon pointed at me, and none of them seemed to be able to cancel out the fact that that weapon was loaded, pointed at me and advancing. Probably would have felt horrible later, but that old guy came as close to being shot dead as he could and still walk away. Truthfully, had he had evil intentions, I waited far too long to make the decision, and would likely have been shot, maybe killed. It’s just in that situation, you want to find reasons not to kill the person, rather than assume they are a deadly threat. All that goes away after them ignoring all your communication and they keep approaching, the weapon still loaded and pointed at you. The young fellow saved his life, and none too soon. We found out before we left that the problem with the gun not firing was the crossbolt safety being on. Old fella probably had never seen a lever gun with a safety. Would have made me feel pretty rotten if things had progressed any further.

I was always mindful at public ranges of other folks and potential problems. Known of more than one person killed at a secluded range by criminals who wanted their guns. When you are out there, alone, with a truck bed full of expensive guns, never assume you are safe, never walk to the target unarmed. As rare as it is for such things to happen, they do happen, and they happen because the victim was unprepared.
Yep and the caption leaves arguments against ranges already operating and those trying to open .
Figure there’s a reason for the wording .
Some real fugk heads pulled this off .
Maybe they’ll get robbed and murdered making a sale .
Kenneth
This happens daily now that all the liberal Soros placed DA's let them out of jail free and refuse to prosecute felons.

Daily. mad

Guarantee you it was felons with previous violent crimes let back out on society.
Think….Kudzu. Spreads like crazy and you can’t get rid of it. 🤬
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
This happens daily now that all the liberal Soros placed DA's let them out of jail free and refuse to prosecute felons.

Daily. mad

Guarantee you it was felons with previous violent crimes let back out on society.

This. Unfortunately. They are traitors for sure. Empowering criminals.

I thank God every day that I never have to set foot on public ranges. Though I do so every now and then for an organized match still. But its rare.

And of course I can't get a bench past 600 in TX on the place, but I can in AK pretty easily.

Never let your guard down.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Murders at Georgia Gun Range - 04/10/22
No fighting back, or self defense indicated, almost sounds like a pro hit. Just speculating like everybody else.

40 guns taken at closing time & no witnesses, plus, the thieves/murderers taking the surveillance camera.

Till we know what was taken, it's just a chickenshit robbery.

What was taken might support or dismiss the pro theory.
Lived not far from there for a while. Stopped in once to buy scope rings bases IIRC.

It's a lonely road and not much around it.................

Sad..

Hope they can catch the bastids.....
Rarely do you see the perps take the surveillance equipment during a smash and grab robbery. Time is the enemy. Alot of planning went into this.

I’m going to say the killer/s knew their way around the store. Maybe former customers that spent time learning the layout, especially where the security equipment and cameras were. Maybe former employee with a drug problem.
Odds are the perps have connections to organized crime, as in govt organized crime.
Maybe like those FBI/ Governor Kidnapping types.

Bidets muzzie and antifa anarchists will be needing guns this summer and fall.

Schietts fixing to get real in America.

Its coming
Posted By: GeoW Re: Murders at Georgia Gun Range - 04/10/22
Originally Posted by Sako76

Groid will kill you for a case quarter..
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Groid???

Does it really make a difference?
Prob for the killer(s) is that only a party of one can typically keep it quiet. It may take a while but this case will crack open. Too many serial numbers involved. Hot guns will turn up in use. Somewhere.
Sad
This stinks of a inside job or an acquaintance, like maybe a current or former patron of the range. They stole a bunch of guns and the security system was taken.
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Thieves took the video camera. It'll be hard for leo to determine who did this. Betcha it goes unsolved.

Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs

1. Those guns are probably going to be entered ncic, so theyll at least be able to try and work backwards when they are recovered.

2. The streets always talk, because people can't keep their mouth shut. Especially after someone ices 3 people and gets away with 40 guns.

3. Might not be solved tomorrow or next yr, but eventually someone will have a reason to roll on who did it.
Sad. Prayers for the family; or what's left of it. Hope they catch the perpetrators.
Originally Posted by 348winchester
Wow, I have family in Grantville. Coweta county is growing too fast. Build it and they will come.

My kids and their families live in Newnan.
Daughter is a 911 dispatcher and two of the boys are cops. Knew the victims personally.
They are heartbroken....
Police are VERY determined to find perps. Familiarity with the business layout shows they'd probably been there before.... likely multiple times......
There's a WMA public range two miles from my house.
No thanks!
I'll drive 40 miles to my gun club, just for a greater feeling of safety. Although accidents can happen anywhere, there's much less likelihood of a deliberate act.
https://dailycaller.com/2022/04/11/...urdered-georgia-coweta-gun-shop-robbery/
I sure hope they catch the POSs that did this. I'd be willing to bet my middle nut that the shooters would have still been in jail if sentenced to the max for their previous crimes.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I sure hope they catch the POSs that did this. I'd be willing to bet my middle nut that the shooters would have still been in jail if sentenced to the max for their previous crimes.

That’s the part that kills me whenever [bleep] like this happens and it turns out the perps have a previous history thicker than a metropolitan phone book…
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
We were at a local public range some years back, and some old dude about got himself shot by being deaf and stupid. We were at a bench , had the Suburban backed up there, cargo doors open so we could use the back as a sort of range table. Some other guys showed up, started shooting, normal folks, seemed like. So this guy has a Rossi Mare’s Leg in 45 Colt, he just bought. He loads it up, points it downrange, and pulls the trigger. Hammer drops, nothing. Levers a live shell out on the ground, pulls the trigger again. By this time, I am watching him. Levers another round out, pulls trigger a third time, same result. Then he turns toward us, damn gun still pointing straight ahead(at us), and proceeds to walk toward me.

Old man says he needs help figuring out the problem. I tell him in a loud and assertive manner to point the damn thing downrange. He keeps coming, gun still up. I am pushing the wife into the back of the Suburban with one hand, pointing downrange and screaming at him to point the g-damn gun down range. He just keeps coming, gun still leveled. At this point, my hand drops to my pistol and it is coming out of the holster. He is about six or eight feet from me. That is when a younger guy, probably his son, finally comes up behind him and turns him bodily away from me, apologizing profusely. I told him the old man was a whisker from getting shot, and he better learn some safety and get his hearing checked. They went to the other end of the range, and we left. Last time we went to a public range.

The whole time this was going on, my mind was ticking down a list of reasons the old guy might be walking up to me with a loaded weapon pointed at me, and none of them seemed to be able to cancel out the fact that that weapon was loaded, pointed at me and advancing. Probably would have felt horrible later, but that old guy came as close to being shot dead as he could and still walk away. Truthfully, had he had evil intentions, I waited far too long to make the decision, and would likely have been shot, maybe killed. It’s just in that situation, you want to find reasons not to kill the person, rather than assume they are a deadly threat. All that goes away after them ignoring all your communication and they keep approaching, the weapon still loaded and pointed at you. The young fellow saved his life, and none too soon. We found out before we left that the problem with the gun not firing was the crossbolt safety being on. Old fella probably had never seen a lever gun with a safety. Would have made me feel pretty rotten if things had progressed any further.

I was always mindful at public ranges of other folks and potential problems. Known of more than one person killed at a secluded range by criminals who wanted their guns. When you are out there, alone, with a truck bed full of expensive guns, never assume you are safe, never walk to the target unarmed. As rare as it is for such things to happen, they do happen, and they happen because the victim was unprepared.

Sounds like the young guy saved you a prison sentence.
I hope they catch the bastards!
© 24hourcampfire