Home
Posted By: Armednfree This is cruel - 04/22/22
I know they are vermin and need to gotten rid of, but this is just cruel.

Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
Reprehensible!
I despise feral hogs, but I'd never do anything like that.
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
Originally Posted by martinstrummer
Reprehensible!

I was going to say the same thing.
Here in NC, I'm pretty sure that it would also be illegal to "take" in that manner.
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
I wonder how much was in there? A few years ago a Border Patrol agent in Arizona agent set off a couple pounds of Tannerite for a gender reveal party that started a wildfire that spread to NM. He was ordered to pay restitution with an initial payment of $100,000. Then $500 a month for the next twenty years at which time he’ll go before a judge to determine how much more they’ll hit him for.

He’s not the only one either. There’s a bunch of other examples of people who’ve been charged for doing stupid schidt with it. I wouldn’t screw around with that crap. Especially in the amount needed to take out an entire herd of pigs. .
Posted By: SAcharlie Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22

War is hell.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
dead or deef
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
look at all the ammo saved...
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Reprehensible!

Here in NC, I'm pretty sure that it would also be illegal to "take" in that manner.

Are feral hogs game animals in NC?
Posted By: skeen Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Reprehensible!

No. You can shoot all you want.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
Reprehensible!

I don't think you're right.
Posted By: Daveinjax Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
Not nearly as effective as I would have expected. Needed a bunch of shrapnel in the tannerite. Pigs are a pest and I could care less how they’re killed.
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Reprehensible!

No. You can shoot all you want.

That's what I figured.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
That is not funny....not funny at all.

whistle
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
That is not funny....not funny at all.

whistle

Funniest vid I've seen in awhile.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
Would love to set up a trap like that over a dead moose and do the same thing to a family of grizzlies.

Or a wolf pack.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Would love to set up a trap like that over a dead moose and do the same thing to a family of grizzlies.

Or a wolf pack.

Now you’re talking. 😃👍

Animal rights fruitcakes would lose their F urging skulls… 🤣🤣🤣
Posted By: SandBilly Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
Lol
Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
This kind of stuff is how people who usually don't care or stay out of it end up siding with anti-hunters and laws get changed. Just dumb.
Lol
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
This kind of stuff is how people who usually don't care or stay out of it end up siding with anti-hunters and laws get changed. Just dumb.

It’s not hunting, it’s pest eradication. Big difference.
The same people that are ok with killing month old babies don’t like this?

AAWWWWW.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
When my wife's not home, I catch her cats in a Hav-a-hart trap and pressure wash them.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
When my wife's not home, I catch her cats in a Hav-a-hart trap and pressure wash them.

Ha! That paints quite a mental picture.
Posted By: OldGrayWolf Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
When the enemy breeds like pigs, measures are judged by effectiveness, not kindness or sporting ethics. That tannerite needed a buncha ball bearings as projectiles. No sense getting sqeamish over a few squeals, I have heard worse while loading the bastards into a truck for transport to the slaughterhouse. They start tearing the hell out of your farm, your crop, your living, you will be a lot less squeamish about what it takes to thin them out. Its always the folks who have the luxury of an idealistic view that become offended by the reality of a situation.
Posted By: SAcharlie Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22

LOL
Yep and only say such things when she's away.

They're not even fuzzy and cute. And only goat humpers don't like bacon. Would it be better if they strung them up by their rear legs and cut their throats with a blessed knife so they were kosher/halal? Think they wouldn't scream then?
Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22

They're not even fuzzy and cute. And only goat humpers don't like bacon. Would it be better if they strung them up by their rear legs and cut their throats with a blessed knife so they were kosher/halal? Think they wouldn't scream then?

I didn't say don't eradicate them from a property. Why post videos to go viral of it? Video can't do any good.
Posted By: HawkI Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
Originally Posted by SandBilly

AAWWWWW.

Yeah.

They have standards ya know.

Mask on planes, YES.

Millions of feral illegals warehoused and bussed on your masked dime, maskless. No problem.

Im thinking a couple doses of tannerite at high traffic areas might be a deterrent.
If it helps them to call it preventing an insurrection....

Ha! That paints quite a mental picture.

Sometime you just get so tired of [bleep] that being "kind" doesn't matter anymore. That's where we are with hogs.

I didn't say don't eradicate them from a property. Why post videos to go viral of it? Video can't do any good.

Its got 2.5 million views and I haven’t heard of anyone burning down any malls over it so how bad can it be?

You do have a point there. I don't get why they'd post the video.
Originally Posted by SandBilly

AAWWWWW.

Yup the exact same worthless schitbagz would be the ones to cry about this.
Posted By: HawkI Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22

Because abortion is supposedly a right and no one needs to know how sausage is made....

Honestly, it's because the kind of people blowing up pigs believe that everyone else wants to blow up pigs. It's that microcosm thing.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
How anyone feels about that might depend on how much feral hogs depredations are impinging upon the income they need to support themselves and their family.

9+ hogs eliminated for the cost of some tannerite, might be worth it.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
If the cost of groceries continues to escalate, the wild hog problem will be solved.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
Originally Posted by SAcharlie

War is hell.

Why doesn't this idiotic comment surprise me from this scumbag...
Posted By: Badgerloader Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
Efficient
Posted By: stxhunter Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
No bad way to kill them, I use to set booby traps with tripwires on hog trails hit the tripwire, and get a blast of buckshot.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
The game wardens here shoot at them whenever
the opportunity presents itself regardless of the
angle of the shot or wherever it may hit.
More specifically, they shoot a lot of them in the
a$$ with 22's so they won't lay out in the open.
Fixing fence or filling in deep holes in your hay meadow,
or looking at your expensive trees you planted all
tore up and rooted, you'd be wanting to be rid of
varmint swine however it could be done however
distasteful or unethical it might seem at first.
Compare it to rats raiding your subsistence vegetable
garden, or varmints pulling down your clothesline and
ruining your few pieces of clothing you have
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
Originally Posted by Ranger99
Fixing fence or filling in deep holes in your hay meadow,
or looking at your expensive trees you planted all
tore up and rooted, you'd be wanting to be rid of
varmint swine however it could be done however
distasteful or unethical it might seem at first.
Compare it to rats raiding your subsistence vegetable
garden, or varmints pulling down your clothesline and
ruining your few pieces of clothing you have

Do tell.

Exactly where are these Texas Game Wardens ass shooting feral hogs with .22's?

Being as Texas is vastly private property, and hunting private property without landowner permission is a State jail Felony, just how many game wardens are now felons?

whistle
Posted By: P_Weed Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
I''ve got a case of Helicopter Fireworks, that I'd like to try out on a Herd of Giraffes.
Posted By: KFWA Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
Originally Posted by Bristoe
If the cost of groceries continues to escalate, the wild hog problem will be solved.

that's what I was thinking

how eating those things?

Thats a lot of wasted bacon
Posted By: BuckHaggard Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
I don't have a problem with it. I guess it kills them by scrambling their brain?
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
It is cruel to injure an animal like that. If you want 'em dead, shoot 'em. This practice ought to be illegal.
Posted By: JPro Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
I'm not a fan of hogs, but anything worth shooting is worth trying to put down quickly and humanely. I'll even pop a snake again if I first hit him amidships.
Posted By: JeffA Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Bristoe

that's what I was thinking

how eating those things?

Thats a lot of wasted bacon

Bristoe,

I remember eddybo, member who passed away saying the same thing back during the obama years.
------------------------------------------

I was in a hog hunting lease 18 miles north of panama city beach, florida for 9 years. Out of all the hogs killed, one taste good and a couple were tolerable. If they stink and 95% do, the meat isn't worth eating.
I heard/read the comment 'when cooking it smells like boiling Urine' yeah gross comment but that's exactly what came to mind when cooking it.
So anybody who thinks they're going to fill a freezer with great tasting pork, in my experience, it's not likely to happen. Every member in our lease and others I met said the same thing, the smell while cooking took your appetite. < Just saying.

If they all tasted like the ONE good one I killed/butchered there would be FAR FEWER hogs >fact.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
It is cruel to injure an animal like that. If you want 'em dead, shoot 'em. This practice ought to be illegal.

The blasted hogs weren't left laying there to suffer, they were finished off I'm sure.
Posted By: TnBigBore Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
I know they are pests and I am all for shooting them on sight, but I don't get my kicks watching any animal suffer.
Posted By: rainshot Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
If you've never suffered a platoon of them rooting up your yard you have no idea what it's about.
Posted By: TnBigBore Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
Originally Posted by rainshot
If you've never suffered a platoon of them rooting up your yard you have no idea what it's about.

They tear up everything in sight on our land in Tennessee, crops, lawn, mountain springs, everything. Like I said I will gladly shoot them on sight. I don't even have a problem blowing them up if that is what it takes. I simply don't enjoy watching animals suffer.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
A lot of you have your panties in a wad over a 7 year old video.

I bet the protocol for this sort of thing has been hashed out by now. wink
Posted By: Teal Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
Agreed - there's a difference between killing and eradicating a pest and then doing so to cause suffering of that pest. All that pig is doing is being a pig - it's not malice, it's not evil any more than complaining that a dog barks. They're just doing what they were designed to do - be a pig. It's not personal. I get killing them, I don't get doing so inhumanely.
Posted By: BuckHaggard Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
People that have no problem drowning rats have a problem blowing up feral pigs? I'd rather be the pig.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
After posting the video I think the technique will be used more.
Posted By: MAC Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
Originally Posted by Ranger99

Gonna hoist the BuIIS#it flag on this. I live in TX and I sure as heck haven't heard of this, haven't seen it and don't know any landowners that would allow it. Not even a game warden can shoot a hog on private property without landowner permission.

On a side note, I have shot a lot of hogs in TX and know the problems they bring. But videos like this give a lot of ammo to the anti-hunters who do not differentiate between pest control regarding hogs and deer hunting for meat. To them it is all bad and they will use videos like this against us and only a fool thinks otherwise.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
I see nothing wrong besides he didn't get them all. That's very humane compared to the way some folks around here kill hogs.
Posted By: Crappie_Killer Re: This is cruel - 04/22/22
I don’t care how ones wants to control the population of varmint on their land just don’t post it on the internet for ammunition.
© 24hourcampfire