Home
link to story
Imagine that....a leftist organization doing the right thing by their shareholders.....
I like what Musk said about free speech that is it is someone you don’t like saying something you don’t like. I understand that.
I may not be very smart but some one I know who is said that Musk was going to Open Source the algorithms. That apparently is a very big deal.
Originally Posted by TimZ
Imagine that....a leftist organization doing the right thing by their shareholders.....

They had no choice.... they would have been sued out of existence has they refused his offer
Originally Posted by irfubar

They had no choice.... they would have been sued out of existence has they refused his offer

You can bet they have something nefarious up their sleeves for later though.
Originally Posted by kkahmann
I like what Musk said about free speech that is it is someone you don’t like saying something you don’t like. I understand that.
I may not be very smart but some one I know who is said that Musk was going to Open Source the algorithms. That apparently is a very big deal.

It's a HUGE deal to have them open source and available for audit.
I'd love to be a fly on the wall watching the snowflake meltdown right now in their censorship department.
BlackRock didn't come through.

Haha!
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Holy Crap! Great!
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Maybe, but Musk is a rock star and will make Twitter an even bigger social media site that will be open and honest.
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Maybe, but Musk is a rock star and will make Twitter an even bigger social media site that will be open and honest.

He will have some house cleaning to do

Cool, another SC investigation, marvelous simply marvelous.

^^^^^
I guess I'll join Twitter now.
Love to be a fly on the wall in their board meeting today.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

I might too after the purge takes place. Um, how do you do that?
AWESOME !!
I think I will join Twitter and run off all the good guys.... smile
Get ready for some serious cancel culture.

Killa.
The soon to be ex Twitter board and Musk a their recent meeting.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
My bud just told me about a quote from Elon Musk that said their building in San Francisco would be better served as a homeless shelter.

😆😆😆😆

lolololol

I see what you did there.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Get ready for some serious cancel culture.

Don't worry. You'll be good to go. The LGBTQ community loves dudes in teflon tight spandex.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Good for Musk, I still won't get in a hurry to join up with Twitter
Used to follow DJT until they banned him, could no longer log in. When all is done I will join again.

Been a member for years, but hardly ever check it out.
Originally Posted by skeen

Bwahahaha! grin
Don Jr is still on there.
For some strange reason, I think nothing will change.

There will still be a collection of Indian looking dudes with square nerd glasses and globalist agendas banning peoples’ discussions about ivermectrin

And by the the way, I’m tired of that ‘look’. There’s once of those clones running Google too.
Elon walking into the offices after this closes...

I think this is a bigger win than most people realize.

2016 big would be my estimation.
Originally Posted by Teal
Elon walking into the offices after this closes...

Would love to see him do that....
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Been a member for years, but hardly ever check it out.

I got banned for telling a lesbian she'd chase a rubber dick like a dog if I bounced it down her street.

LOL
I just joined—already made 2 tweets and have 5 followers.

Very good..... millions more will be joining you, and a difference can be made... Musk is going to make a fortune on this, the pent up demand is off the charts and he knows it

Common theme to the comments in the articles I’ve read.
I started my Twitter account 5 years ago just to receive news feeds. It makes it quick and easy to catch the headlines.

Never created a tweet, ain't got no followers.

I'm wondering how a guy goes about paying for a 44 billion dollar purchase like this?

Musk must have really long checks to have room for all the zeros involved.
Originally Posted by JeffA
I started my Twitter account 5 years ago just to receive news feeds. It makes it quick and easy to catch the headlines.

I'm wondering how a guy goes about paying for a 44 billion dollar purchase like this?

He helped start PayPal before it was bought by Ebay for 1.5b in 2002 - I sincerely doubt he writes a cheque for anything

Very good..... millions more will be joining you, and a difference can be made... Musk is going to make a fortune on this, the pent up demand is off the charts and he knows it

Good. He can buy Dominion and open source that pos too.
Has anyone started a liberal suicide watch? This is great!!!

He helped start PayPal before it was bought by Ebay for 1.5b in 2002 - I sincerely doubt he writes a cheque for anything

So ya figure he just pays cash huh?
More like he just jiggles some electrons
Well I now have a Twitter app on my iPhone good Lord they’re pushing a lot of leftist crap for people to follow it will be interesting to see if they start promoting stuff that sane people would want to read

Good question.
Heck, Elon just got a $23 billion bonus for meeting some critical benchmark with Tesla.... I would think he can afford to throw a little of that cash around...

I would love to have been in the board room when the institutional investors sat the board down and threatened them with homelessness from all the lawsuits if they didn't sell to Elon... funny how fast things turned around, isn't it? The thing I like about Elon Musk best is he just doesn't GAF about anything. If he wants to do it, he does, and he doesn't even entertain the thought of failing.

I love his quote on Twitter where said maybe he should buy CNN for a dollar and turn it into a news organization... wink
More like he just jiggles some electrons

That I understand.
Irfubar has it right. Failure to act in the best interests of the shareholders has serious legal consequences for the board of directors.

I'm told that the 11 largest shareholders together own more than 50% of Twitter, and that Musk was paying them visits. That would have been fun to watch.

This has huge consequences. The Left has succeeded in censoring and controlling the narrative. That ends the day Musk takes over.

Just a related comment: This board runs pretty well uncensored. You have to be pretty naughty to get kicked off. We have a lot of really terrific guys here, and some jerks and some idiots. Without freedom of speech, we wouldn't know which was who. I do post on a much more tightly controlled board, and frankly enjoy this one more. It's just more interesting. I think the same will apply to Twitter.
Curious if there was more crying and lamentations at Twitter 2022 or election night 2016?
Be careful what you wish for. Mr. Musk now owns the house and controls the games. He can take it anywhere he wants.
Would really like to see how the left stream media spins this. Too bad I can't stand to tune in to any of them so I'll hafta get it second hand.
Hell, I just might make a Twitter account now.
Originally Posted by Gristle
Hell, I just might make a Twitter account now.

I wonder if a guy could start a meme thread, like the one we have. That will explode heads for sure
Originally Posted by KyWindageII
Be careful what you wish for. Mr. Musk now owns the house and controls the games. He can take it anywhere he wants.

This from a Biden voter. Hilarious

His stated purpose was to stop the idiots who owned the house and controlled the company to the left.

Musk owning Twitter upsets the dems more than Russia invading Ukraine. We've seen posted here over and over that if it upsets the left, it has to be good- except for this apparently.

LOL
Originally Posted by Sheister
Heck, Elon just got a $23 billion bonus for meeting some critical benchmark with Tesla.... I would think he can afford to throw a little of that cash around...

I would love to have been in the board room when the institutional investors sat the board down and threatened them with homelessness from all the lawsuits if they didn't sell to Elon... funny how fast things turned around, isn't it? The thing I like about Elon Musk best is he just doesn't GAF about anything. If he wants to do it, he does, and he doesn't even entertain the thought of failing.

I love his quote on Twitter where said maybe he should buy CNN for a dollar and turn it into a news organization... wink

he also sold all his homes... big ones..
My speculation is that Twit and Truth will merge, OR, Trump will be invited to join the Twitter board almost immediately.
Maybe I’ll join and post a FJB meme everyday until he’s gone
Trump says he won't rejoin Twitter...

https://www.newsmax.com/finance/str...tter-truth-social/2022/04/25/id/1067165/
Musk is a libertarian. He has been in arguments on Twitter with Elizabeth Warren, Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, and others. His huge Mars rocket at Boca Chica, Texas is being held up by the FAA over environmental concerns. He was going to launch the orbital test of this thing in December, but it has been delayed due to some turtle or something that lays their eggs on the beach near where the launch tower is. Anyway, Biden was going to give GM tax credits for union made electric cars. Musk's Tesla is not union. They voted it down a few years ago. Tesla makes about 90% of the world's electric cars. Tesla has a factory in Freemont, California and Austin Texas, as well as Nevada. He also has a factory in China and Germany. His Falcon 9 rocket will pass Soyuz in total successful launches in a couple of months. Soyuz has been around since the 1960's. Falcon 9 has only been launching since around 2012. Falcon 9 also has had over 115 straight successful landings of it's booster.
Originally Posted by DMc
My speculation is that Twit and Truth will merge, OR, Trump will be invited to join the Twitter board almost immediately.

Doubtful, there are some topics they don't see eye to eye on.

Elon Musk Quits Donald Trump

Trump Tells Fox News He’ll Stay Off Twitter Even If Ban Lifted

Just no love left between them.
GM spends 4b a year on marketing/advertising.

Tesla spends 0.

Consider this 11 years of marketing spend brought forward.
Springcove you don’t know me and I don’t know you. You have no idea who I voted for and it would be the same as me saying you voted for Obama and Hillary.
You people are why I seldom comment anymore. You would rather spout childish crap.
I fear that Musk doesn’t want to just own the libs, he want to own us all.

No matter what he does with it, it will be better than the left has done.
Springcove you don’t know me and I don’t know you. You have no idea who I voted for and it would be the same as me saying you voted for Obama and Hillary.
You people are why I seldom comment anymore. You would rather spout childish crap.

You don't post anymore because you are a liberal and have had your azz handed to you over and over here... the fact you can't see Musk would be a better steward of free speech over the woketards that run it now shows what a fool you are
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
Musk is a libertarian. He has been in arguments on Twitter with Elizabeth Warren, Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, and others. His huge Mars rocket at Boca Chica, Texas is being held up by the FAA over environmental concerns. He was going to launch the orbital test of this thing in December, but it has been delayed due to some turtle or something that lays their eggs on the beach near where the launch tower is. Anyway, Biden was going to give GM tax credits for union made electric cars. Musk's Tesla is not union. They voted it down a few years ago. Tesla makes about 90% of the world's electric cars. Tesla has a factory in Freemont, California and Austin Texas, as well as Nevada. He also has a factory in China and Germany. His Falcon 9 rocket will pass Soyuz in total successful launches in a couple of months. Soyuz has been around since the 1960's. Falcon 9 has only been launching since around 2012. Falcon 9 also has had over 115 straight successful landings of it's booster.

Correct. The problem with libertarians is that they can't be bought easily, whether they are wealthy, or not. The establishment hates them. President Trump is largely libertarian.
Now he needs to disrupt Farcebook.
I am curious to see how Mr. Musk changes the selection process for moderators... "My understanding", Twitter has a global pool of mod's that represents their constituency. Given that 2/3rd's of Twitter users are outside the U.S., by default, 2/3rd's of the mods are non-U.S. and by default have sand in their manginas about anything PRO-U.S. If you read more than a couple paragraphs of TWTRs online policies, it quickly becomes obvious that much of the content was written by ESL individuals. Add in a hard left leaning selection process for U.S. based mods, and you have the current situation where the LIEberal Left and the NWO can easily control the narrative...

Wondering how many Left Leaning mods will bail voluntarily? Versus, wait for some type of severance package? Should be interesting to watch...
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Now he needs to disrupt Farcebook.

He'll let Facebook keep spiraling to it's death.
There is nothing there of interest.
Musk said he should buy CNN for a $1 and maybe make it into a news company.
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
Musk said he should buy CNN for a $1 and maybe make it into a news company.

There might not be enough there to work with.
Originally Posted by Springcove

This from a Biden voter. Hilarious

Correction, a Biden voting Covtard........

250,000 Americans dead and y’all still praise and absolve our loser President. It’s time to put him behind us and move on.
Musk is a steward of himself not free speech.

Fugk off you worthless sack of schit.

They did it reluctantly because they had no choice at this time, and not out of some change of heart.... I'm sure the Klaus Schwab bunch will try to get him out somehow.........Elon will weaken their hold on the sheeple around the globe.
this is how its going

Originally Posted by reivertom

They did it reluctantly because they had no choice at this time, and not out of some change of heart.... I'm sure the Klaus Schwab bunch will try to get him out somehow.........Elon will weaken their hold on the sheeple around the globe.

Seems as though the left has been bleeding money for the past several years.... maybe they are wearing a little thin?
Originally Posted by KFWA
this is how its going

Robert Reichaaa is a 4' tall leftist with penis envy.... wink
[Linked Image]
The Left is going berserk because they're terrified of the idea that one of their top censorship tools in their propaganda arm may be at stake.

As long as a companies comply with the Leftist agenda, they are protected as private companies and can make their own decisions on how they run their company. Violate any of their agenda items and what would he say? What would he say if a transgender freak show was banned? What would he say if BLM was banned? They're all a bunch of hypocrites and have no moral authority to point their fingers.
Musk said he is not concerned with the economics of Twitter.

"Having a public platform that is maximally trusted and broadly inclusive is extremely important to the future of civilization. I don't care about the economics at all,".
this is how its going

This azz hat Reich guy hasn't gotten it right ever…..
Originally Posted by Geno67

🤣🤣
Originally Posted by Geno67
Musk said he is not concerned with the economics of Twitter.

"Having a public platform that is maximally trusted and broadly inclusive is extremely important to the future of civilization. I don't care about the economics at all,".

This is looking good. I hope the deep state doesn't knock him off.
Geno,

Those are good.

LOL
Originally Posted by denton
Irfubar has it right. Failure to act in the best interests of the shareholders has serious legal consequences for the board of directors.

I'm told that the 11 largest shareholders together own more than 50% of Twitter, and that Musk was paying them visits. That would have been fun to watch.

This has huge consequences. The Left has succeeded in censoring and controlling the narrative. That ends the day Musk takes over.

Just a related comment: This board runs pretty well uncensored. You have to be pretty naughty to get kicked off. We have a lot of really terrific guys here, and some jerks and some idiots. Without freedom of speech, we wouldn't know which was who. I do post on a much more tightly controlled board, and frankly enjoy this one more. It's just more interesting. I think the same will apply to Twitter.

Maybe musk should hire ric bin to moderate Twitter
All joking aside.

Musk has said that all twitter jobs are safe for 6 months. Employee compensation will continue apace for 12 months. No promises after that.

Any changes being made to the platform going forward must be mission critical and approved by a VP.

He's being a lot nicer than I would.

There are a lot of employees who think it is probably a good thing. Those would generally be the ones doing the actual work.
Originally Posted by dassa

Maybe musk should hire ric bin to moderate Twitter

Now dat's what I'm talkin' 'bout.
There is a guy on Youtube that makes videos about companies and their history, he is called Company Man. Very educational

He put one out about twitter a few days ago and in it he was showing the stock price fluctuation on twitter.

Basically if you bought twitter when it IPO'd you'd be breaking even today

That is why the board had such a fiduciary responsibility to the stock holders. No one that was in it early was getting rich.

Musk is going to have his hands full with this platform, they've only had a couple of profitable years.
There is a guy on Youtube that makes videos about companies and their history, he is called Company Man. Very educational

He put one out about twitter a few days ago and in it he was showing the stock price fluctuation on twitter.

Basically if you bought twitter when it IPO'd you'd be breaking even today

That is why the board had such a fiduciary responsibility to the stock holders. No one that was in it early was getting rich.

Musk is going to have his hands full with this platform, they've only had a couple of profitable years.

He's stated that he's not interested in Twitter for its profitability but for the value it brings as the "world's town square" a place to freely exchange thoughts and ideas. And by extension - where your thoughts and ideas will need to be defended if you decide to spout off.
The emotionally and intellectually fragile sheep need mommy, they want to take their ball and go home.

Sara Gonzales celebrating early...

https://twitter.com/SaraGonzalesTX

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Sara Gonzales celebrating early...

https://twitter.com/SaraGonzalesTX

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Dude, she's going hard in the paint. laugh
She is actually wrong about systemic racism.

There is systemic racism against blacks....it's just that it comes from Liberal Whites.
Tucker showed a clip of a Democrat Party hack on MSNBC. The network calls those people "reporters." Anyway, the reporter struck fear in the audience when it was revealed that if Musk takes over Twitter, a major candidate of a political party might end up getting censored and a major political story that could impact the election may be suppressed until after the election. And that would destroy democracy. Can't make this schit up.
tell me more I am interested in details PM if you want to
Martin
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson

Hahahaha.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
She is actually wrong about systemic racism.

There is systemic racism against blacks....it's just that it comes from Liberal Whites.

I think this is spot on.
Originally Posted by martin1011
tell me more I am interested in details PM if you want to
Martin

Are you trying to get a date with LD?
It’s almost as if the democrats are losing an important weapon in their arsenal as they pursue their destruction of America. I only have to look at who is losing their mind over this acquisition to realize that this is wholly a good thing! If the ultra liberals and government goons hate this then I love it. They’re already projecting their crimes onto the hypothetical presumption of what Musk “could” do to them, the very SAME things that they’ve done to POTUS Trump and millions of conservatives is what they’re worried might happen to them. Truly soulless criminals that are devoid of any moral guidance, scumbags that have collectively withdrawn from the civilized social contracts guided by ethical principles and instead have gone “rogue” self-deciding that their ends justifies their means….by ANY and ALL means.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
It’s almost as if the democrats are losing an important weapon in their arsenal as they pursue their destruction of America. I only have to look at who is losing their mind over this acquisition to realize that this is wholly a good thing! If the ultra liberals and government goons hate this then I love it. They’re already projecting their crimes onto the hypothetical presumption of what Musk “could” do to them, the very SAME things that they’ve done to POTUS Trump and millions of conservatives is what they’re worried might happen to them. Truly soulless criminals that are devoid of any moral guidance, scumbags that have collectively withdrawn from the civilized social contracts guided by ethical principles and instead have gone “rogue” self-deciding that their ends justifies their means….by ANY and ALL means.

Nothing terrifies the Left more than losing power and control over propaganda.
When almost all the complaints come from the Left and he isn't even a Democrat, it's probably a good thing.
I read somebody’s comment earlier today that said it’s rather interesting that the Far Lefties aren’t even saying they’re afraid they’ll be censored or silenced, but are vocally terrified that the other side will get to speak their minds. Says a lot about their ethics, but also says a lot about how protected and coddled that group has been. Same kind of mindset that was outraged at civil rights laws, not because the new laws would restrict them personally, but because they would remove existing restrictions from someone else and they didn’t like it.
Read some comments from Hollywood types like rob reiner, what a bunch of idiots, cant stand it when the other side might get a voice.
© 24hourcampfire