Home
except apparently 4 buyers!
https://markets.businessinsider.com...payments-energy-gazprombank-putin-2022-4
Four European natural gas buyers have already paid Russia in rubles for supplies, complying with the country's demand to pay in its official currency, Bloomberg reported Wednesday.

This development emerged as Russia halted gas supplies to Poland and Bulgaria on Wednesday, spurring a 28% surge in European gas prices. Russia's Gazprom said the reason for the stoppage is that both countries didn't pay for supplies in rubles, an order President Vladimir Putin put forth last month.

The report didn't mention which four European buyers have made ruble payments. But Austria, which gets 80% of its gas from Russia, said Wednesday that deliveries are continuing unrestricted, according to Reuters.

Additional cutoffs — as a result of failure to meet Moscow's rubles-for-gas requirement — are unlikely until the second half of May, Bloomberg said, citing a source close to Gazprom.

Separately, the report said 10 European companies have opened accounts at Russia's Gazprombank as a means to meet Putin's payment demands. No company names were mentioned in the report.

Under a special mechanism, a requirement for companies wanting to receive Russian gas is that buyers should open special accounts at Gazprombank. These would allow for foreign currency to be converted to rubles for settlements.

Europe depends on Russia for around 40% of its gas supplies, but Moscow's demands have changed this trade dynamic. After Russia demanded payment for gas in rubles, some European governments said this would amount to a breach of contract and would avoid sanctions.

Germany is especially reliant on Russian energy, particularly the natural gas that's shipped directly through the Nord Stream pipeline network. The Bundesbank has warned that cutting out Russian gas would plunge Germany's economy into recession.

The European Union is considering an embargo on Russian energy, and says it wants to reduce its dependence on the country for imports. EU diplomats have said Gazprombank has been exempt sanctions so far so that gas imports can continue, the Wall Street Journal reported.

The Russian bank has also managed to escape the ban on the financial-messaging infrastructure SWIFT, which was aimed at cutting off Russia's economy from the rest of the world.

"So far, Russia has halted supplies to relatively small European countries, probably with the intention of sending a message to bigger countries, like Germany and France," Walid Koudmani, chief market analyst at financial brokerage XTB, told Insider.

"While the sudden interruption of Russian gas exports to Europe will have significant repercussions for the European economy, it will also be a blow to Russia as the country cannot replace exports to the EU with exports to other customers due to inadequate infrastructure," he added.
Well, if we just finally went to war directly against Russia we wouldn't be having any more compromised elections like in 2016 - Hillary Clinton said so. Don't be afraid of the nukes.....
I wonder why the Rube is trading above its Normal Currency Band..
Could be … Hahahahaha
It appears J. Burns has folded his tent and left camp..... Houston2 is still here, maybe he will set us straight? lmao
Let Russia break their agreements... and in return EU countries will sue them for breach of contracts.
Even USSR under Stalin paid their bills...

Contracts says Euro or Dollar.... can't decide you suddenly want payments in rubble or carrots.
Originally Posted by akrange
Could be … Hahahahaha

Look at volume... there isn't any. Nobody buying rubble..

Once they have used up their saved up Euro/US to prop up their currency it will plummit.
I'm not much on buying rubble myself.
Originally Posted by irfubar
It appears J. Burns has folded his tent and left camp..... Houston2 is still here, maybe he will set us straight? lmao

Glad Burns left, what a fuggin clown.
Originally Posted by Northman
Let Russia break their agreements... and in return EU countries will sue them for breach of contracts.

Contracts says Euro or Dollar.... can't decide you suddenly want payments in rubble or carrots.
You can't sue companies when their government changes policy. laugh

LOL!
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

He is that......and camuglia had to reluctantly pull his nose out of Burns' asss because of it.
That there is funny JG
Could be … Hahahahaha

Once they have used up their saved up Euro/US to prop up their currency it will plummit.

The Burning Bush has re-engineered itself..
Poland better gets some Rubes quick..

You can if you have the product and they want it! Let them sue and then try to enforce it. They still won't have any gas.
Originally Posted by 45_100

You can if you have the product and they want it! Let them sue and then try to enforce it. They still won't have any gas.

no one is suing anyone and yes, the are buying energy with rubes or not getting any. Bank on it.
Could be … Hahahahaha

Well, Northman, I’d have to say that the Russian Ruble does indeed have mega value and not just the Russians’ perception of its intrinsic value.
According to the WSJ Renault is in talks to sell their total Russian Business venture for 1 Ruble. One Ruble.

Poland doesn’t have to have Russian gas. Long ago they set up their LNG facilities and will soon be operating on the Baltic Pipe system (gas from Norway) as will the Netherlands and other European countries that want it as the line is a bi-directional with feeders.

One of Russia’s very biggest banks just went into default and the 30 day grace period for Russian bonds debts payments is right around the corner. Those are predicted as being a 95% chance of default.

All things considered, y’all Putinistas are really looking great with your Russian support.

Heh!
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by 45_100

no one is suing anyone and yes, the are buying energy with rubes or not getting any. Bank on it.

Wrong.
Could be … Hahahahaha

74 Rubles = 1 usd$ or something like.013 cents. Yeah, akrange , that Ruble is blistering ass right on along and on a meteoric rise, ain’t it?

like every subject you have zero clue , and in this case how these contracts work

Walt you should stick to your expertise. child grooming
Could be … Hahahahaha

hey economic genius how is the US dollar and the euro fairing against the rouble the past few weeks?
Originally Posted by ribka
Could be … Hahahahaha

hey economic genius how is the US dollar and the euro fairing against the rouble the past few weeks?

Well it’s all the way up to.13 cents so I guess there’s so much that can be said about that.

Let me know when you stock up on this currency of the future, the Ruble.

You can buy it OTC if I understand correctly and I believe that I do.

Let us all know how you do with it.

Unlike so many here, John Burns appears to have a life outside of banging on a keyboard and living at The Campfire.

Jmo

Did Flave run him off?😆
Originally Posted by Houston_2

Unlike so many here, John Burns appears to have a life outside of banging on a keyboard and living at The Campfire.

Jmo

Unlike you, Old Toot.
Hey all you Currency Traders ..
Is the Russian Gas turned off in Poland yet..
I need to know the Trade For Tomorrow..
Could be … Hahahahaha

Well it’s all the way up to.13 cents so I guess there’s so much that can be said about that.

Keep your shorts On .. I do like the idea of the Gold Backed Rube .
This could be Tugg a War for bit ..
You do know when something Trades above it’s Range it just that ..
Nothing More .. Nothing Less ..
Of course if your a Drama Queen..
Hahahaha ..
Could be … Hahahahaha

Keep your shorts On .. I do like the idea of the Gold Backed Rube .
This could be Tugg a War for bit ..
You do know when something Trades above it’s Range it just that ..
Nothing More .. Nothing Less ..
Of course if your a Drama Queen..
Hahahaha ..

No shortage of drama here for sure.
Could be … Hahahahaha

The ruble has climbed since 4/23.
Hmmmm.........Looks like someone is buying in rubles. Also looks like someone else is going to freeze in the dark.

The Rube Cube..
This is going to be a very interesting few weeks in the FOREX Markets..
Go Long ..
74 Rubles = 1 usd$ or something like.013 cents. Yeah, akrange , that Ruble is blistering ass right on along and on a meteoric rise, ain’t it?

Tell us all how that affects Forex trading?
Where are other major currencies at now, like the Renminbi? How is trade with that country going?

You are a regular PHD in Economics. We are all waiting for your insight. /sarc
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ruble has fully re-stabilized...

This is a 1 year chart...
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Where are other major currencies at now, like the Renminbi? How is trade with that country going?

Remember, this is the same guy that had "sticker shock" when he discovered that weed killer is subject to inflation.
Got my Glyphosate yesterday @ wholesale prices... and had Walmart deliver my fertilizer with FREE SHIPPING... $14.47 on 10-10-10 on #40s

Love Walmart or hate Walmart... matters not to me...

But a promise you... there is NO PROFIT in delivering 320 pounds of fugging fertilizer... which in some small way is a help to small business.
Originally Posted by CashisKing

And how is it stabilizing......??

Because they are burning all their foreign reserves trying to prop it up.

Russians are paying are near 400 rubels pr $1 if they want to exchange their currency.
Not 74...

I’ve not done anything with FOREX but would appreciate your sharing what all you know about it.

There may be some pearls of wisdom in what you might can lend.
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Cash that chart does put it into a perspective of sorts.

But I’d ask all of the well versed rest of the Putinistas here, with the Ruble being backed by gold (as more than a few have touted here), then why is the Ruble so low versus these worthless, fiat euro and usd$ Currencies that the gas sales contracts specify?

I’ve not done anything with FOREX but would appreciate your sharing what all you know about it.

I asked you first. I'm being a student to your *obvious* brilliance here.
Houston_2 is no smarter now than he was under his original handle, Old Toot is he?
Here's how you tell the "real" value of a currency. You go on a big game hunt in Bumfuqk, Africa. While you're there, there's a rebellion and you have to bribe your way out of the country. What currency do you want in your wallet, USD, GBP, Euros or Rubles? The way that I listed them is the order of which I would want them.

Buy Rubes, Thank me later. Z

Originally Posted by UPhiker
Here's how you tell the "real" value of a currency. You go on a big game hunt in Bumfuqk, Africa. While you're there, there's a rebellion and you have to bribe your way out of the country. What currency do you want in your wallet, USD, GBP, Euros or Rubles? The way that I listed them is the order of which I would want them.

I'd have had Euros in the #2 spot but other than that, and given the current climate of political disinformation, you are spot on for now.

You'd likely get you wallet emptied and your throat slit in any instance.

Here's how you tell the "real" value of a currency. You go on a big game hunt in Bumfuqk, Africa. While you're there, there's a rebellion and you have to bribe your way out of the country. What currency do you want in your wallet, GOLD....... USD, GBP, Euros or Rubles? The way that I listed them is the order of which I would want them.

fixed it for you
Here's how you tell the "real" value of a currency. You go on a big game hunt in Bumfuqk, Africa. While you're there, there's a rebellion and you have to bribe your way out of the country. What currency do you want in your wallet, GOLD....... USD, GBP, Euros or Rubles? The way that I listed them is the order of which I would want them.

fixed it for you

Better Still!
Any of you Putinistas buying Russian bank stocks?

VTBR, SBER, GAZP?

I hear that they’re loaded up with Rubles and are backed up by gold.

VTBR, SBER, GAZP?

If the ruble is backed by gold, then it will last long after the (formerly) Almighty fiat Dolla has crashed and burned.
Houston2 will be along shortly.... to spew the swamps narrative.... wink
Nobody? Hmmm...

https://markets.businessinsider.com...l-gas-ruble-payments-eu-sanctions-2022-4

There's two choices. Pay in rubles or freeze in the dark. Europe has brought this on themselves. There's a third choice; drill for their own damn oil & gas, but they're too deeply immersed in their green garbage nonsense, they can't change. Preferably, I'd just as soon watch them freeze in the dark.
Originally Posted by stevelyn

There's two choices. Pay in rubles or freeze in the dark. Europe has brought this on themselves. There's a third choice; drill for their own damn oil & gas, but they're too deeply immersed in their green garbage nonsense, they can't change. Preferably, I'd just as soon watch them freeze in the dark.

And there are a whole lot of Americans that think we should do everything like Europe. miles

Yeah, cause all of the experts get their news about Russia from a YouTube channel named "The Dive with Jackson Hinkle."

"Jackson is a political commentator and YouTube streamer, whose commentary focuses on anti-imperialism and other leftist topics."

"Information that has been crucial to understanding and opposing US imperialism has long been blacked out from the corporate media. However, with the emergence of online media, or “new” media, previously hard to find information is more readily accessible for many more people. Jackson Hinkle often highlights issues of war in peace and has recently discussed Cuba, Palestine, Syria, and more."

"Jackson Hinkle is the host of The Dive with Jackson Hinkle, self described as a, “populist-left perspective on news and political commentary. We are the leftist independent media that CNN doesn’t want you to hear.” In 2019 Hinkle ran for City Council in San Clemente California. As an environmental activist he has fought against unsafe nuclear waste storage and for greener sources of power for his community in Southern California."

https://masspeaceaction.org/event/a-discussion-with-jackson-hinkle/

LOL. The US is literally at War with Russia and that makes you and a bunch of others on here Jane Fonda.
Originally Posted by milespatton

And there are a whole lot of Americans that think we should do everything like Europe. miles

Americans in name only..
Their really Dirt People plagued with remorse over the Useless Existence..
That’s what happens when your the most Heavily Medicated Society in Human History..
Millions that will trade the Constitution and its protections for Serfdom..
The rest of US are badly Out Numbered..
Their bring in reinforcements from the Border to Help in the final push over of the Republic ..

I,I,I say Thar we got US a Bipartisan Agreement ..
That’s all that Matters no Matter the Outcum..

VTBR, SBER, GAZP?

Here ya go John, from your own people:Rubes Baby!
The funniest thing about that is that it shows the Ruble has gained more against the dollar than any other currency!

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
The funniest thing about that is that it shows the Ruble has gained more against the dollar than any other currency!

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Well Funny, but not hahaha funny.
My biggest fear at this point is that Vlad and JoJoes handlers are in this together ?
I know, tin foil hat stuff, right?

Oh by the way, Z is now officially (over night it seems) " a symbol of far right extremism"
To help Europe not freeze in the dark I am willing to burn more coal and rubber tires to increase global warming on their behalf. Other than that screw them. Edk

Where's the "Like" button?
© 24hourcampfire