Home
Posted By: ldholton Why Facebook and Twitter? - 05/03/22
Personally I'm not on and never have been on Twitter but it's made the news lately a lot. Facebook many people don't trust and I get that but the reason to be on it is to watch the local news and such and get in touch with your local peoples and their comments you can figure out who is the liberal b****** in the neighborhood get names and addresses and when s*** hits the fan you know who to knock on the door and eliminate first.
I put my profile on Facebook years ago at the suggestion of the girls I worked with. It never really did anything for me, and I haven’t logged in in probably 10 years or more .
Wifey does it, but neither of us do Twitter.
Other than reading Free Republic and American Thinker, it’s 24 Hr Campfire and reading about history.
Truth is there are some days I don’t bother with computers at all. Summer’s getting here, and if it’s decent, I’m outside or working.
7mm
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Why Facebook and Twitter? - 05/03/22
No twitter whatsoever, facebook, the hunting lease i was in , in florida, a guy started us a private website that we communicated through. I never went outside of our hunting page, until a couple of months ago. I mentioned it here, best friends sister realized she was working with an ex-girlfriend of mine and told me to look at her page. I did, she's all faked up now teeth/boobs/hair/+, couldn't care less.

Then a couple of weeks ago I looked at my brothers facebook page, he told me of our lifelong friend, Susan passing away. Then I read that her husband had passed away a couple of months before and recognized some of the names of folks sending condolences.
People I have known all my life, must have spent 3-4 hours spiderwebbing, one friend would lead to several more. Seeing old friends on there and what they had been doing etc., I see the draw to it.
Seeing people who were 10 +/- years older/younger than me that I hadn't seen in 40 years was fun, seeing them 70/50 year old was weird.

I understand people staying on facebook where they can stay in contact with their friends/family.

Saw some distant cousins and their kids something I couldn't have seen anywhere else. Cell phones have made a lot of people lose contact with one another, no phonebook to look them up like the old days.

Originally Posted by ldholton
Personally I'm not on and never have been on Twitter but it's made the news lately a lot. Facebook many people don't trust and I get that but the reason to be on it is to watch the local news and such and get in touch with your local peoples and their comments you can figure out who is the liberal b****** in the neighborhood get names and addresses and when s*** hits the fan you know who to knock on the door and eliminate first.

Put the bottle down.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Why Facebook and Twitter? - 05/03/22
You just worry about montanee.
Posted By: deflave Re: Why Facebook and Twitter? - 05/03/22

What's your question?
It's a cesspool that helped install the pedophile.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Why Facebook and Twitter? - 05/03/22
Zuckerburg circumvented our electoral donation rules to the tune of $400M+ in 2019, to get Brandon elected.

If this^^^^ isn't enough to make any true Patriotic American get off of Facebook nothing will.
Posted By: deflave Re: Why Facebook and Twitter? - 05/03/22
Originally Posted by 280shooter
It's a cesspool that helped install the pedophile.

It became a cesspool that helped install the pedophile.

The concept of Twitter and Facebook is the strongest step toward free speech the world has ever seen.

That's why it was infiltrated and taken over so quickly.
Fakebook has Marketplace... and that is an excellent platform for buying and selling chit.

What kinda chit?

I buying a 2001 Isuzu Trooper this week (manual and in excellent condition for $2k).

Bought a 22RE Yota 4x4 (1986) for $700.

Local guy is selling a new/never installed 40' x 60' Quonset hut metal building kit for $11k asking. If I get it for $10k that is $4.17 per SF. https://www.steelmasterusa.com/lp-bing-steel-buildings/

Sold a 790 Deere there for stupid money... Bought a 655D hoe there for a great price.

The list goes on and on.

-------------------------------------------

Actual Fakebook... It is a complete and utter joke.
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Fakebook has Marketplace... and that is an excellent platform for buying and selling chit.

What kinda chit?

I buying a 2001 Isuzu Trooper this week (manual and in excellent condition for $2k).

Bought a 22RE Yota 4x4 (1986) for $700.

Local guy is selling a new/never installed 40' x 60' Quonset hut metal building kit for $11k asking. If I get it for $10k that is $4.17 per SF. https://www.steelmasterusa.com/lp-bing-steel-buildings/

Sold a 790 Deere there for stupid money... Bought a 655D hoe there for a great price.

The list goes on and on.

-------------------------------------------

Actual Fakebook... It is a complete and utter joke.

I get it Cash, but if not us then who?
Originally Posted by Raeford

I pollute Fakebook with 24HC memes constantly...

I wear out Fake fact checkers for recreation... Zuck ain't making a dime on exploding heads.
Posted By: shootem Re: Why Facebook and Twitter? - 05/03/22
Ever seen Zuckmsef moving on foot to a venue, or anytime he must be without cover. There is a multitude of security surrounding him. The only access is from above, if that. And he never looks comfortable.

There are reasons.
My FU Fakebook ad running at the moment... just because I like being a dick sometimes.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I wear out Fake fact checkers for recreation... Zuck ain't making a dime on exploding heads.

Every 'click' is how the justify charges to advertisers.

Every 'click' is how the justify charges to advertisers.

I get that... BUT advertisers are walking away constantly.

Fakebook is an "empty sack" for any business with 1/2 a brain.
I just can't do it Cash.
Costs me profits, this I know but I just can't do it.
I just can't do it Cash.
Costs me profits, this I know but I just can't do it.

I respect that...
Originally Posted by deflave

What's your question?

His thread title was the question, and his post was his response to his own question. Damn dolt.
Amazon is the REAL monster in the room...

Walk away from Amazon NOW!
And don't forget about YouTube...

YouTube is owned by your best and most trusted internet pal...

Guess
Posted By: Raeford Re: Why Facebook and Twitter? - 05/04/22

Amazon is supposedly going to pay up to $4K for employee abortions for those in states where they will be banned possibly.
Posted By: benchman Re: Why Facebook and Twitter? - 05/04/22
I go hardly anywhere at all. Facebook lets me stay in touch with friends. Anxiety is a b#tch.
Posted By: Teal Re: Why Facebook and Twitter? - 05/04/22
I was on FB to stay in contact with Navy friends and family all over the place. It's dying as a place to do business. Tik Tok from a pure business stand point will end up passing FB.

I'm on Twitter because I can do business there - network, discuss and learn, establish relationships. Same for LinkedIn. They're much more "real time" than waiting for quarterly reports or analysis of events 2 months ago.
Originally Posted by benchman
I go hardly anywhere at all. Facebook lets me stay in touch with friends. Anxiety is a b#tch.

Don’t want to get personal, but I hope you are getting some help for that. I know too many people that suffer it. It is real and it is a bitch
Posted By: Geno67 Re: Why Facebook and Twitter? - 05/04/22
Only way for someone like me to keep up with friends and family scattered across the globe. I also use marketplace since craigslist sucks now but marketplace sucks pretty bad too - especially the search parameters. As soon as a competitor that actually works comes on line, I'll drop it.

Amazon is supposedly going to pay up to $4K for employee abortions for those in states where they will be banned possibly.

Awesome... I'll put 3 in my cart.

Thanks
Posted By: efw Re: Why Facebook and Twitter? - 05/05/22
Never been on either but agree w/ Deflave on both.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Why Facebook and Twitter? - 05/05/22
The liberal commies are happy happy 24campfire types aren't on facebook/twitter, they don't have to hear your lies about how President Trump was great. Or anything right/conservative/nazi.
I'm on FB and Twitter
Originally Posted by moosemike
I'm on FB and Twitter

COMMIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: Why Facebook and Twitter? - 05/05/22
When I heard about what Musk was doing I went ahead and got myself signed on to Twitter as an experiment. It only took me a few days to get permanently canned.
Ellen will let back on if you send him a PM
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: Why Facebook and Twitter? - 05/05/22
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Ellen will let back on if you send him a PM

Hard to do that when they won’t let you log on.
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by moosemike
I'm on FB and Twitter

COMMIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No but I do like to fight with them and those are the best venues for it
!
I know my reply is a bit late, but I wanted to chime in and share my two cents! I never really got into Twitter, just not my thing. But I'm definitely active on Facebook, but not for any political showdowns and scandals though! I'm all about keeping things positive and friendly!
Posted By: fburgtx Re: Why Facebook and Twitter? - 08/21/23
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

What's your question?

His thread title was the question, and his post was his response to his own question. Damn dolt.

It’s a “24HCF Virtue Signal”. Instead of the Lib folks saying “I’m atheist! I’m a minority! My kid’s transgender! I’m vegan!”, folks on here say: “I haven’t watched TV in 16 years!! I’ve got a 18-year old Toyota Tacoma with 375k miles! I was cutting 3 cords of wood with my Stihl MS361 last week!”
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Why Facebook and Twitter? - 08/21/23
Originally Posted by fburgtx

What's your question?

It’s a “24HCF Virtue Signal”. Instead of the Lib folks saying “I’m atheist! I’m a minority! My kid’s transgender! I’m vegan!”, folks on here say: “I haven’t watched TV in 16 years!! I’ve got a 18-year old Toyota Tacoma with 375k miles! I was cutting 3 cords of wood with my Stihl MS361 last week!”

Oh
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Why Facebook and Twitter? - 08/21/23
Originally Posted by phillipevans
I know my reply is a bit late, but I wanted to chime in and share my two cents! I never really got into Twitter, just not my thing. But I'm definitely active on Facebook, but not for any political showdowns and scandals though! I'm all about keeping things positive and friendly!

GFY!!
Only liberal American hating, teenage female, commies use Facebook !
The only reason I use it is
connecting with friends and family
or seeing how old girlfriends turned out
or staying in contact with other Alpha male hunters
or looking at pics of grandkids
or.................

Because: phone, email, text, snail mail, etc. dose'nt exist, and I'm to busy for that anyway.
Originally Posted by fburgtx

What's your question?

Not disagreeing with you, fburgtx, but the 361 is a ladies saw. 😜

Has anyone told you to go fugk yourself yet?

Why the harsh greeting, Paul?? Certainly you don’t get those Hooters skanks to send you dirty pics talking to them like that!
Posted By: BKinSD Re: Why Facebook and Twitter? - 08/21/23
Twitter is a hoot but FaceCrap, Ive never had a page and have no intention of participating in that [bleep] show
Posted By: deflave Re: Why Facebook and Twitter? - 08/21/23
My youngest calls Facebook “The mom app.”

LOL
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Wind

Why the harsh greeting, Paul?? Certainly you don’t get those Hooters skanks to send you dirty pics talking to them like that!

Harsh?
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Why Facebook and Twitter? - 08/21/23

Top of page slowpoke.
Posted By: Teal Re: Why Facebook and Twitter? - 08/21/23
I like Twitter for threads like this - MACV-SOG
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Why Facebook and Twitter? - 08/21/23
Friendly? You need to see the Viking dinner guy.

But Amazon still has Burris FF II 4.5-14x42 scopes for $129. And I only have six so far. I might need more.
My Old Facebook profile is all about staying connected with family and friends, sharing good vibes and updates. But recently, I also started a new profile to spread the word about the services I offer for my business. Gotta keep up with the time. It's been a cool way to connect and share in a different way.
My Old Facebook profile is all about staying connected with family and friends, sharing good vibes and updates. But recently, I also started a new profile to spread the word about the services I offer for my business. Gotta keep up with the time. It's been a cool way to connect and share in a different way.

Oh Oh Oh, please do tell us about your business.

Lol. 😀
Oh, you are a businessman? What do you say we meet up at quaint little Viking food restaurant and get to know each other better?
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Why Facebook and Twitter? - 08/24/23
Scammers thrive on FB.........

Twitter too I'm sure
© 24hourcampfire