Home
Posted By: JimHnSTL Stanley cup thread? - 05/11/22
I didn’t see one out there, if not let’s hash it out here. If there is already a thread started then I’ll move to it. Either way, Let’s Go Blues
Don't worry, the Wild gonna fold as usual.
Posted By: Mr_Harry Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/11/22
I got tossed from the S&W forum over one of these.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

...and as expected the Wild got pounded 5-2.
Posted By: JHM Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/11/22
I went to a fight one time and a hockey game broke out…
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/11/22
Are the Pens or Hurricanes still in the hunt?
Posted By: PrimeBeef Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/11/22
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Are the Pens or Hurricanes still in the hunt?

Yes to both.
Posted By: elkcountry Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/11/22
This is the year of the Avalanche!!
Posted By: Dess Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/11/22
Originally Posted by elkcountry

Hope they can follow the example of the DU Pioneers who won the D1 College Hockey championship.
Posted By: hanco Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/11/22
Do hockey players kneel?
Posted By: elkcountry Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/11/22
Hanco

NO! They are about the only league that didn’t give in!!

Originally Posted by hanco
Do hockey players kneel?
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/11/22
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Posted By: RufusG Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/11/22
They paused the playoffs that year in honor of George Floyd.
Avalanche for the win

Although the Oilers orange jerseys are the best in the League
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/11/22
Don't worry, the Leafs gonna fold as usual.

Fixed it for you. Last time the Leafs got a cup I was 6yrs old. <ho hum>

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: basdjs Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/11/22
Pittsburgh Pens!
Posted By: Skankhunt42 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/11/22
Originally Posted by basdjs
Pittsburgh Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/11/22
Been watching the Tampa leafs series and a few others. Best time of the year for hockey
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/11/22
Some did. It was short lived
Playoff hockey rules!

Every evening I disappear into my man cave with beers and put on hockey.

Tonight its Labatt Blue
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/12/22
Its either the Oilers or the Flames for me, I normally hate them.
No Canucks this year, but I like McDavid, I figure he is the most exciting player today. The Kings seem to pull through and win, great Hockey series, head butting too..LOL
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/12/22
IF the Note pulls off this series then Colorado will be an almost impossible series to win. I just want them to play their best and not tank.
Posted By: Shag Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/12/22
Hawks ain't in it so I'm gonna ride with the Hurricanes!!
Posted By: elkcountry Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/12/22
Originally Posted by SandBilly

[quote=SandBilly][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I do remember a few players kneeling but the league caught so much crap for it they shut it down almost immediately!

Regardless, HOCKEY RULES and the NFL can go suck an egg!!
Posted By: RatherBHuntin Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/12/22
Let’s go blues. We want the cup again (but don’t have the team to get it this year). Just wish we had a player like Kaprizov
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/12/22
We have kin folk in Tampa and during a recent discussion about the Bolts and their history I was beside myself to be reminded that they have been in the league now for about 30 years. Time sure flies. This is nothing to do about the cup but in general hockey talk I did find myself stunned that it had been so long.
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/12/22
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by basdjs
Pittsburgh Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Pens are in deep schidt.........

Third-string goalie (who has done AMAZINGLY well) and, now, no 87.............
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/13/22
The note is up 3/0 in the second but too much time left to celebrate
Posted By: Shag Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/13/22
Oilers Kings in a serious battle!
Posted By: clwg97 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/13/22
LGB! Blues fan for life here! I moved from about an hour south of St. Louis to Rolla for Engineering school then to Memphis for work, sucks the only way for me to get any games is to have ESPN plus. We don’t do the cable TV stuff.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/13/22
Some really good hunting and fishing near rolla. What kind of engineering do you do?
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/13/22
Everyday I get closer to a Flames-Oilers series in round 2...one more win each and two teams who genuinely hate each other and all their kin may go at it LOL.
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/13/22
Originally Posted by 673
Everyday I get closer to a Flames-Oilers series in round 2...one more win each and two teams who genuinely hate each other and all their kin may go at it LOL.
The same with Leafs vs Boston in round 2 if they both don't choke.

It will be a very watched series where TO needs to get rid of some ghosts.
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/13/22
Originally Posted by 673

Even a Pens fan can appreciate that one !!! I'd love to watch it !!!
Nothing better than a game 7

Saturday gonna be brutal, I gotta go stock up on Labatts
Posted By: deflave Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/13/22
Panthers Capitals in 20.
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/14/22
The Pens jumped out3-1 and surprised EVERYONE..............and now looking like 1st round roadkill again.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/14/22

It's a MN thing... smile
Posted By: johnw Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/14/22
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
I didn’t see one out there, if not let’s hash it out here. If there is already a thread started then I’ll move to it. Either way, Let’s Go Blues

Available in assorted styles and colors.

Stanley Cup
Posted By: Shag Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/15/22
Fk Boston! Canes baby! What a game ! Next
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/15/22
Originally Posted by Shag

But, more importantly................ Fk Brad Marchand.
Originally Posted by Redneck

It's a MN thing... smile

The only reason to watch Minnesota sports is for the comedy.
Originally Posted by Yoder409

Haha, yea but if your gonna be a hockey player you might as well live in everyones head rent free.

Oilers totally dominating despite the score...
holy crap! nothing like game 7 hockey!
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/15/22

Haha, yea but if your gonna be a hockey player you might as well live in everyones head rent free.

He's a tremendous player, but too much rat in his game for me. Always a factor in the game, though.
Posted By: deflave Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/15/22
Panther's game six was pretty good.

With some horrible officiating.

Panthers moving on.
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/15/22
Originally Posted by Pahntr760

He's a tremendous player, but too much rat in his game for me. Always a factor in the game, though.

Yeah. He's got skills. But his total void of ANYTHING resembling a civilized human being negates that. He's a piece of schidt and he shows it CONSTANTLY. I couldn't stand him BEFORE the Jarry incident. How he has not been pulped by EVERY team's pugilist is a mystery.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/15/22
Lightning for the hat trick.

Dean
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/15/22
Oilers get er done, dominated....I hope the Flames win tonight...sorry Dallas, like ya, but want to see the Flames-Oilers. I am cool with Dallas winning because I hate the Flames, but Oilers-Flames will feature a number of line brawls.

McDavid....14 points in 7 games, hope he stays healthy smile
Posted By: BeanMan Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/15/22
Originally Posted by elkcountry

Preach it Brother!
Posted By: BuckHaggard Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/15/22
There is nothing more intense than a game 7 in the NHL. Hurricanes baby.
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/16/22
Oilers-Flames.......Oilers in 7....a dream come true. Whoever comes out of this series is going to be pretty beat up, starts wednesday.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/18/22
Well if the Note some how advances after Colorado (doubtful but hope it goes at least 6) they would play what ever beat up team comes out on top from Oilers/Flames.
I as a fan would prefer the flames.
Posted By: clwg97 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/18/22
Down 2-1 Lets Go Blues in this 3rd period!
Posted By: Spud Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/18/22
Well they did...unfortunately there was a 4th period...
Posted By: deflave Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/18/22
Panthers looked strong in the 2nd but ended up with a good sodomizing.

Ouch.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/18/22
Couldn’t stay up to see the whole game so had disappointment for breakfast
Posted By: smokepole Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/18/22
Avs looked really good, it wasn't as close as the score would indicate. Blues had a few moments but I predict a blowout in game 2.
Posted By: TRnCO Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/18/22
Hard to bet against the Avs right now. 5 and 0 in the playoffs and looking good.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/18/22
Pulling for the Rangers since my Bruins got eliminated but I don't believe anyone is going to beat the Avalanche. I don't like St Louis or Colorado but it's hard not give the AV's credit where it's due, no SC for Canada once again. lol
Posted By: Spud Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/18/22
Originally Posted by smokepole
Avs looked really good, it wasn't as close as the score would indicate. Blues had a few moments but I predict a blowout in game 2.
Tough to win when you're out-shot 13-zip in OT, knew Binnington would be tough though...wish Avs had him. They would be unbeatable for sure. Blue line guys stepped up for Avs.
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/19/22
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Pulling for the Rangers since my Bruins got eliminated but I don't believe anyone is going to beat the Avalanche. I don't like St Louis or Colorado but it's hard not give the AV's credit where it's due, no SC for Canada once again. lol
Did you forget about the Oilers and Flames? which is about to start, right now... game 1...gonna be good.
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/19/22
Originally Posted by 673
Did you forget about the Oilers and Flames? which is about to start, right now... game 1...gonna be good.

Zero defense or goaltenders were present in Alberta tonight!
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/20/22
Most boring game I have seen where 15 goals were scored, no hate, no real hitting, horrible goaltending.
Hopefully it gets back to Alberta hate tonight.

The blues and avalanche was a great game last night, I like both teams, but the blues get the edge from me.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/20/22

Was I right, or what?
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/20/22
The panthers will not recover from that loss, it is one thing to loose but to loose with less than a second to go in regulation time is devastating.
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/20/22
Perron sure had game last night.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/20/22
I don't know what the numbers are here, but in Canada less than 8% of kids play hockey.
That is not good for the future of the sport.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/20/22
Originally Posted by 673
Lol....................neither one of those teams is making it to the finals without a good defense, St Louis or the AV's will roll right over them.
Posted By: patbrennan Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/20/22
Originally Posted by granitestate1
I don't know what the numbers are here, but in Canada less than 8% of kids play hockey.
That is not good for the future of the sport.

Problem there being the sport is too expensive for a lot of families and also takes a big commitment in time from the family.
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/20/22
Originally Posted by 673
Lol....................neither one of those teams is making it to the finals without a good defense, St Louis or the AV's will roll right over them.
Maybe so, but the flames were 5th overall and 4th in goals against. I think the team to beat is going to be TB, even though their stats don't show much, they come in when its clutch time.
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/21/22
Anyone watch the Connor McDavid show last night?....He skates through the entire team with the puck about 5 times every game. Its hard to believe without seeing it, but he makes some of the best players on the planet look like fools. The best player I have ever seen.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/22/22
Im RVing in Branson MO for the summer so my second favorite are the Blues, they could upset they apple cart against they Avalanche
They won the cup just a few years ago.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/22/22
Blues are in a hole late in the third.down 3-2 with 2 min
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/22/22
Kadri is a prick, I can't believe nobody punched him out, Binnington looked like his knee was hurt pretty bad, not the first time Kadri has done that. Great game.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/22/22
I was curious to others perception of that play. As a blues fan I’m going to say we were robbed with a cheap shot. But it is playoff hockey and things step up a big notch but I still think it was a cheap play. Reminds me of the year Cujo got taken out and had he not been injured I’m convinced the blues would have gone deep.
Thats Kadri's game, he will never escape that stink, great player though. That is the risk a team takes when you have a guy like that on the team, I would feel alot better if someone tuned him....and that is the trouble today, no consequences.
Think Dave Semenko, or Bob Probert.
Posted By: pinotguy Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/22/22
I was curious to others perception of that play. As a blues fan I’m going to say we were robbed with a cheap shot. But it is playoff hockey and things step up a big notch but I still think it was a cheap play. Reminds me of the year Cujo got taken out and had he not been injured I’m convinced the blues would have gone deep.

OK, here's an Avs fan's take: Unfortunate result to a hockey play. The St Louis D (Rosen) and Kadri were engaged prior to the collision and were in pursuit of a loose puck. Don't feel it was intentional, just two players that ended up headed toward the net. This wasn't a cheap shot, the hit Kadri put on Faulk last year was. Kadri has a history, no question, and it will follow him for the rest of his career. He's an FA after this season and it will be interesting to see where he lands. I suspect any number of teams would want him on their rosters.
Posted By: pinotguy Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/22/22
Originally Posted by 673
I would feel alot better if someone tuned him....and that is the trouble today, no consequences.
Think Dave Semenko, or Bob Probert.

Like Todd Bertuzzi on Steve Moore style consequences?
Posted By: Bows Up Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/22/22
That makes two of us. We could be cheering for the Canes come the playoffs for some time.
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/22/22
Originally Posted by pinotguy

OK, here's an Avs fan's take: Unfortunate result to a hockey play. The St Louis D (Rosen) and Kadri were engaged prior to the collision and were in pursuit of a loose puck. Don't feel it was intentional, just two players that ended up headed toward the net. This wasn't a cheap shot, the hit Kadri put on Faulk last year was. Kadri has a history, no question, and it will follow him for the rest of his career. He's an FA after this season and it will be interesting to see where he lands. I suspect any number of teams would want him on their rosters.

Unbiased Pens fan here, and I concur. It was a fast play on the puck that resulted in a bad collision. Kadri, for a change, had no ill-intent on that play.
Posted By: clwg97 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/22/22
As a blues fan I can't believe NO ONE jumped on Kadri after that. There wasn't a penalty and I guess they didn't want to take one, but defend your dang teammate come on guys! After the Barbashev his on Girard I figured something was coming but didn't expect that. I also don't think Kadri had "ill intent" on the hit but regardless there should have been a scrap over that!
Originally Posted by pinotguy

I don't think Kadri did it intentionally, it is the game he plays and as you point out, but consequences have to follow that kind of play, that's hockey, always has been.

Bertuzzi should of never played another game, like Moore never did.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/22/22
Originally Posted by clwg97
As a blues fan I can't believe NO ONE jumped on Kadri after that. There wasn't a penalty and I guess they didn't want to take one, but defend your dang teammate come on guys! After the Barbashev his on Girard I figured something was coming but didn't expect that. I also don't think Kadri had "ill intent" on the hit but regardless there should have been a scrap over that!

I'm not surprised that neither team wanted to take a penalty. Regular season yes, but this was a key game for both teams to advance.
I just heard Girard is out for the rest of the year...spleen. It looked like a concussion by the blood from his nose, but I guess he really got compressed into the boards, that's too bad.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/22/22
I just read that he had a broken sternum. That play to me was worse than the collision with the goalie, but what do I know?

Kadri was tied up with the defenseman, if you watch the replay you can see him turn his skates and try to slow down before he got there. Barbashev checked Girard's head into the boards.
Posted By: Dess Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/22/22
Cheap shot with the intent of hurting someone is bush league. If you intentionally injure someone, your minimum suspension should be the length of time they are out. If it's career ending, so be it.

Av's fan, but the Doug Draper hit by Claude Lemieux was egregious too and he should have been tossed until Draper recovered and then served additional time.

Bertuzzi should have never played again. Vancouver putting a bounty on Moore was criminal. Scott May and Marc Crawford were culpable too.

All sports have a risk of injury, but sucker punches are BS. Throwing at the head of batters, vicious face mask, and so on need to stop.
I think what has happened in Hockey is they have unintentionally interfered with the natural law of how shyte works. You run a guy, someone drops the gloves etc...now you run a guy, the players look up at the clock to see if there are any penalties.

Gordie Howe was one of the dirties players ever, his favorite infraction was an elbow, not driving someones head into the boards, Gordie Howe dropped the gloves often.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/22/22
Tampa Bay for the sweep?
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/23/22
Tampa Bay for the sweep?
Missed that one today, but looks that way.
Watching the McDavid show right now, not even halfway through the game and he has about 6 highlights, 2 points and the Oilers are up 3-0. Just when you think he can't step it up...he does.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/23/22
Well the part of me that still is sour on the whole incident is how he claimed he was pushed.
Hell he took out the blues player so they both could take out the goalie. Then he can sit back and claim victim. Im not sold just yet it was an accident. Even if it wasn’t, protocol says the note should have done something.
Well the part of me that still is sour on the whole incident is how he claimed he was pushed.
Hell he took out the blues player so they both could take out the goalie. Then he can sit back and claim victim. Im not sold just yet it was an accident. Even if it wasn’t, protocol says the note should have done something.
You know he ain't sorry about taking out what really is the ace for the blues, Binnie's exellent.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/23/22
Originally Posted by 673
You know he ain't sorry about taking out what really is the ace for the blues, Binnie's exellent.
It’s not the he ain’t sorry issue, it’s the I still think he he knew exactly what he was doing and did so with the intent to achieve the end result and knowing he could some how pass it off as an unfortunate event.
They just said Binnie is out for the rest of the year.
Posted By: 270cowboy Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/23/22
Originally Posted by 673
It’s not the he ain’t sorry issue, it’s the I still think he he knew exactly what he was doing and did so with the intent to achieve the end result and knowing he could some how pass it off as an unfortunate event.
Luciic knew exactly what he was doing tonight on Miller that was intentional to achieve the end result no one else involved
My opinion on the Kadri incident was hard nose playoff hockey
Girard hit was clean playoff hit
Posted By: 270cowboy Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/23/22
Miller came back & finished the game
Mike Smith is his name. Lucic isn't known for cheap play, Kadri is.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/24/22
SWEEEEEP
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/24/22
TB looks tough to beat going forward.
Everyone wants to destroy Kadri over on the other one lol.
Posted By: BeanMan Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/24/22
Playoff hockey is tough. Kadri was pushed while going after a loose puck in front of the net.
Posted By: BeanMan Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/24/22
Bad news: your goalie is out for the rest of the season. Good news, the rest of your season is very short.
Posted By: BoltactionMan Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/24/22
Originally Posted by BeanMan
Bad news: your goalie is out for the rest of the season. Good news, the rest of your season is very short.

Ugh, the my Blues played they're all gonna be out for the rest of this season. Typical Blues playoffs, come out in a big game and just lackluster play.

It's what made 2019 so special, they kept showing up. I will not give up hope, if they come to play they can roll three on any team. But ya gotta show up.

KC
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/24/22
Aren't you all glad that the NHL is on the inclusion and tolerance train? Personally I'm getting sick and tired of having to listen to this [bleep] during these NHL broadcasts, nobody gives a crap that Kadri is a muslim, dude is a known thug and dirt bag and his ethnicity has zero to do with it. Hockey was the one sport that you could watch without having to listen to these idiots talking about racism and tolerance and whatever other "ism" they can include in their "analysis" of todays game. OK, rant over.

Looks like it's going to be a Lightning/Av's SC final but I'd much prefer to see the Rangers and Av's go at it myself.
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/25/22
One more win and the Oilers are off to the western conference final.
Posted By: BoltactionMan Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/26/22
We live to fight another day. Go Blues. Ya showed some heart

KC
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/26/22
Originally Posted by BoltactionMan
We live to fight another day. Go Blues. Ya showed some heart

KC
I almost post about this comeback in the Miracle thread that is going on right now.
Posted By: BoltactionMan Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/26/22
Two comebacks in 5 minutes just might qualify! Go to work for Game 6 and see what happens.

KC
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/27/22
It looks like the fat lady hasn’t sung for the blues
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/27/22
Its fitting McDavid scores the winner, moves the Oilers to the western conference final.
The Blues or the Av's......
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/28/22
It looks like the fat lady hasn’t sung for the blues
I was at the game, it pains me to say but the much better team won tonight.
It’s as simple as that.
Posted By: Shag Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/28/22
Growing up back in 80's as a Blackhawks fan those games were brutal and amazing. I completely dislike the blues. Sorry man. I jumped outta my seat with joy ate 5.6 seconds left>>>> smile
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/28/22
Growing up back in 80's as a Blackhawks fan those games were brutal and amazing. I completely dislike the blues. Sorry man. I jumped outta my seat with joy ate 5.6 seconds left>>>> smile
Hey no hard feelings I feel the same way about the black hawks. God I love the old days when they played at the old Arena and when the Blackhawks were in town there were more fights in the stands than on the ice.
Posted By: Shag Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/28/22
Hell yea! What a great time it was to fall in love with the greatest sport on earth...
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/29/22
I hope the canes put the rangers out of there misery tonight.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/30/22
The way both teams have been playing it's anybody's game. I am rootin for the Canes
I am not really a basketball fan but the great Bill Russell played in 10 game sevens and was 10 and 0, that is something whether you are or not.
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/30/22
Well, looks like I'm rooting for the Rangers lol.
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 05/31/22
Oilers and Av's gonna start soon....Up front I hate the Av's and hope Kadri gets a concussion in the 1st period...that is all. laugh
Avs in 5! Maybe 6 but the Avs are going to take this series! The Oilers don't have enough defense! Go Avs!!
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/01/22
who ever wins this round will be so beat up they will have nothing left in the tank against the lightning.
who ever wins this round will be so beat up they will have nothing left in the tank against the lightning.

No way! Especially if the Avs can win in five. They will get plenty of rest. It will be the lightning that has to deal with the altitude and home ice advantage that the avs will have. That's if the can make it past the Rangers. The Rangers are a tough good balanced hockey team!! I'll bet the Rangers and the Lightning series will go to a game seven!
The goal count in this game is through the roof and it is only the second period.
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/01/22
Not sure what to make of it, Keith looks like an old man out there, Mackinnon is a beast, I wish he would cut that out.
Holy Hockey Game Batman! The AVS did it! GO AVS!!!!
84 shots on net and 14 goals I have never seen anything like it, good game I hope the goalie is allright from a stick caught in his mask in they other nights game.

I had to hold off from taking a leak until intermission, I was afraid to miss any of they action.
This should be an interesting match up, two totally different styles of playing.

Go Bolts
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/02/22
I am going for the Rangers in this one.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/02/22
Originally Posted by 673

If you could oniy see the shocked look on my face. LOL
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/02/22
LOL, I have always liked the Rangers, I saw them 50 years ago play the Canucks smile
Originally Posted by 673

I'm for the Rangers too! The only reason is, my buddy in Florida is a Rangers fan. So if the Rangers make it and the Avs make it, we can talk [bleep] to each other! (And the Avs are going to make it!)
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/02/22
TB once again will take it. God I hope not. AV's are good but don't think they can do it.
Why is it a shot that hits the goal post or cross bar is not considered a shot on goal, talk about an oxymoron or a contradictory of terms.
Why is it a shot that hits the goal post or cross bar is not considered a shot on goal, talk about an oxymoron or a contradictory of terms.

Because a shot on goal is a shot that would go in and score if it's not blocked. A shot that hit's the post would not score a goal no matter what.
Rangers looking good!
home ice advantage
A little more defense tonight from both teams!
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/03/22

Kid got a goal but it had heat. Went in and bounced out. No goal. Even the other team argued. Refs can be blind or not watching the puck. Don't know
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/03/22
I’m rooting for a Tampa and Avalanche final with the Bolts pulling off a three peat
[bleep] AAA!!
The Avs are living rent free in the heads of the Oilers!!
The AVS smoked them like a big free bag of weed! I love it!!
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/03/22
The Av's fans seem pretty ghey. laugh
Originally Posted by 673
The Av's fans seem pretty ghey. laugh

I'll just change this. I don't want this thread to go south!
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/04/22
Go Rangers! grin
Posted By: Marshhawk Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/04/22
Not a big hockey fan but my Wife used to work for Mark Burish sp? Whose Son Adam played for the Blackhawks when they won the Stanley Cup in I believe in 2009/2010. When it was Adam's turn to have the Cup for the day his Father had a BIG get together at their"Cabin" on Lake Wisconsin. Cabin was an understaement. 4000 to 5000 sq foot log cabin.
They had about 20 members of the Wisconsin marching band show up and play. So my Wife and I went over and checked out the Cup and she took a picture of me touching the Cup. Some of his teammates were there and all the girls wanted them to take their shirts of for a picture. Well the ladies hockey team was there and I looked at my Wife and said HI Honey how about equal rights and all that and have the girls take their shirt off? It took about a week for the swelling to go down.
The real story was there were so many early to mid 20s hot women there I am lucky I did not break my neck. You can imagine with all the money there in possibly single hockey players and business people.Gold diggers looking I imagine.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/04/22
I know the rangers are good but I actually thought TB would kill em in this series. Glad I was wrong.

Rangers D is tight.
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/04/22
I’m rooting for a Tampa and Avalanche final with the Bolts pulling off a three peat

Same.

Trouba and Zibanejad sook deek. The Oilers are the Av's bitches..................
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/04/22
Rangers look great, exellent goaltending.
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/05/22
Hoping for a better showing from the Oilers tonight.
Posted By: 270cowboy Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/05/22
Nice cheap shot
By Kane the Goon
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/05/22
Kane got the major. Benefits of home ice, AV's can't do squat so far against the oilers
Binnington says....I hope Kadri is going to be ok.

Yeah, me too.
Posted By: Spud Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/05/22
TOI for Kadri 37 secs. Yeah he's doing fine...
Posted By: 270cowboy Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/05/22
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Kane got the major. Benefits of home ice, AV's can't do squat so far against the oilers
2 to1 =squat I guess
Funny, kinda. When nurse tipped it in for the AV's benefit. My daughter giggled and said "I've done that before"

3 games to 0 and the Avs can't do squat! You sound like Wayne Gretzky! That is [bleep] funny!!!
The Av's are too much for the Oilers, good game tonight...good for the young goalie Francouz , he was exellent. The best game yet...sigh..
Posted By: smokepole Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/05/22
I thought Smith played a heck of a game. Forty years old, the guy is a stud.
Posted By: BoltactionMan Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/05/22
I was thinking the Oilers would have done better against the Avalanche. The games have been better but this is a deep hole to climb out of.

Rangers have been the story of the playoffs so far.

KC
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG

3 games to 0 and the Avs can't do squat! You sound like Wayne Gretzky! That is [bleep] funny!!!

That was in the beginning of the game. I was referring to the oilers defense. Luckily they picked it up. Can't see the oilers taking the last 4 games of the series.

Let's see if the rangers can beat TB again today.
The Oilers seem to have a a problem on keeping the puck out of the net, Smith and Keith are almost done, they also need more depth up front, that may just be the experience lacking for some of the younger guys, this is good experience for them.
Ken Holland (GM) has only been with the team a couple years, I believe he will make the corrections needed for the team to be a contender.

They aren't winning 4 straight, Mackinnon is a total beast, a pleasure to watch and different from other players.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/05/22
Originally Posted by 673
They aren't winning 4 straight, Mackinnon is a total beast, a pleasure to watch and different from other players.

Reminds me of Forsberg back in the day, but MacKinnon is more of a beast and faster.
Originally Posted by 673

Reminds me of Forsberg back in the day, but MacKinnon is more of a beast and faster.
One of the commentators said about Nathan....."he looks mad when he is stick handling" lol, I never noticed but he is slamming his stick on the ice when stick handling or calling for the puck.
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by 673

One of the commentators said about Nathan....."he looks mad when he is stick handling" lol, I never noticed but he is slamming his stick on the ice when stick handling or calling for the puck.

My daughter is the same way. I make her buy her sticks and I'll cover the rest of the gear. Kinda hoping that would make her take it easy. Nope. Keep 2 extras in the trunk.

Gotta love the passion
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/06/22
those last second game winning goals have got to hurt.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/06/22
Yeah but rangers are still in it though
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/06/22
I missed the game, pizzed me off, never assume a start time, snivel..
I hope the Avs get out the brooms tonight!!
Posted By: BeanMan Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/06/22
^
Posted By: colorado bob Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/06/22
At least we have something to Cheer about------Rockies suck as usual
Posted By: smokepole Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/06/22

If they sweep, that would be a lot of lost revenue.

Being at home, I'd look for a lot of calls to go the Oiler's way this evening. Just sayin.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/06/22

Being at home, I'd look for a lot of calls to go the Oiler's way this evening. Just sayin.

Yeah, at +/- $2.3 million per game, probably higher in the postseason.

Not to mention it means less HOCKEY for us fans to watch. I have a friend who hopes every series goes 7, thinks summer doldrums are going to be long enough as it is.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/06/22
Originally Posted by 673
I missed the game, pizzed me off, never assume a start time, snivel..
No DVR set to record the series?

I missed one or two of the earlier ones, what with the games being shown on about 6 different channels it seems. Besides the odd start time, the fact it was on USA or some oddball for sports channel, it really pissed me off some.

Now that we're down to the Conference games, it's been pretty easy to keep track of and unless the game goes over 3 OT periods I should have it covered with the DVR.

Sorry to hear you missed it.
I hope the refs are fair tonight. We have all been there when your not only playing the other team, your playing the refs.

Daughter has one game like that and one of her teammates was talking to the ref for a bit. Then, bam, Benny got 2 minutes. Asked her what he was talking about and Benny was trying to explain to the ref how hockey was played.

Laughed my ass off on that one.
Posted By: JediWing19 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/06/22
Anyone but the dam avs!!!!😖🤢👎
Posted By: BeanMan Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/06/22
Originally Posted by JediWing19
Anyone but the dam avs!!!!😖🤢👎

Must be a Deadwings Fan. Go Colorado Avalanche!
Deadwings....dang that hurts. I'm a redwings guy but don't have faithin any Detroit team. Go AV's

You hit the nail on the head! But so far the AVS are beating the Oilers and the refs. The refs aren't even trying to hide the fact they are freaking cheating. It's [bleep] obvious! GO AVS!!!

Gretzky has the personality of a [bleep] bobble head doll. I sure liked him a lot better as a player than an announcer!
Posted By: 06hunter59 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/07/22
Overtime!
Get the brooms out.
Oilers would be a better team with 6 skaters and Smith on the bench where he belongs.
Mike Smith is a bum.
As bad as the AVS are beat up, I'd sure like to see them win tonight and have some time to heal up. Some of the Oiler players are beat up too. I mean they can hardly skate and still out there getting it done. No matter who you are rooting for, you have to respect all their players except for Kane. He's just a piece of shiitt!
They did it!! Go AVS!!!
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/07/22
You can only feel so sorry for they oilers, they had a two goal lead going into the third period let one slip and then got back the 2 goal advantage. With 0nly 11 min to kill and still could not do it, they should have changed the goalie when he had his temper tantrun.

Av's VS Bolts
Posted By: TRnCO Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/07/22
pretty awesome come back and still un-defeated on the away games in the play offs. Pretty impressive. Go Avs..
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/07/22
Talk about taking wind out of sails.
Avs are very impressive.
Anyone betting against them to take it all?
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/07/22
I am not wavering from Tampa bay Lightning, they have more than proven themselves over the past few years.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/08/22
Lightning up 1-0 with a little help from a St. Louis boy.
I really want the Rangers to win, but I hope it goes to game seven and the Rangers win in triple overtime!
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/10/22
Are those crickets I hear in the background, Tampa did what they do best score with a little over a minute left not enough time for the
rangers to shake it off and regroup. The Lightning take it in tampa on Saturday night.
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/10/22
I hate Tampa, but gotta hand it to them, Stamkos gets into a fight lol.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/11/22
Any predictions, come on I can't be they only lightning fan on this fourm.
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/11/22
I am preparing to watch this game, hoping for a Rangers win, gonna be tough, should be a great game.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/12/22
TB is gonna finish it tonight.

That way the Avs can beat them for the cup
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/12/22
Lets not kid ourselves the Rangers did not play like there season depended on it, congrats Lightning.
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/12/22
Exellent game, Tampa was the better team....superb goaltending all around,,the Av's and Tampa is gonna be good.
Honestly, im surprised the rangers lasted this long. I was rooting for the rangers but TB just outplayed them.
Posted By: duck911 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/12/22
Colorado opens as huge -180 favorites.

TBL +155.

Small bet on TBL already placed. Avs may well win, but this line is WRONG.

Best goalie in the world and 2 time defending cup champs against a team that's been sitting around for days and doesn't have near the goaltending.

I think this goes 6 or 7 games.
It will be done in 5. Hoping it's AV's
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/16/22
I hope neither team wins. laugh
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/16/22
I know the game is already started but I expect they av's to win this one, with the home Ice advantage and also being well rested with some of the battle scars healed.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/16/22
AV's are playing good. Unfortunately when TB gets pissed they play better.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/16/22
Burky for the win!!
How about those Avs! I hope they sweep them!
Posted By: TRnCO Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/16/22
keep bringin' it Avs. Lookin' good so far.
They are going to have to play alot better than that to win the cup, they av's should never had alowed that game to go into over time. the way they were playing that could have been anyones game. It was good to see Brayden point back on they ice.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/16/22
The good thing is, they didn't play their best and still won. Made Vasilevsky look human.
He is not human I thought it was well known that he's a Russian Cyborg. LOL
The Lighting is the team that is going to have to change things up. They can't skate with the Avs. They look slow against the Avs. But they are a hell of a team with a hell of a coach. They will come up with a great game plan against the Avs. I hope the Avs are up to it!
Posted By: gutthooked Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/16/22
Avs all the way
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/18/22
So being the true fan I am oppose to a fair weather one, I say the Lightning take this one tonight.
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/19/22
If Tampa can score five quick ones they are right back in it.
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/19/22
Like watching porn................. The Bolts are taking it up the arse HARD.
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/19/22
Originally Posted by 673
If Tampa can score five quick ones they are right back in it.

Yeah, bad game for sure! But you can't count them out in this series. I think it is time in this game for damage control and work on the next one. IT is a 7 game series for a real good reason.

Still hope for an Avs cup hoist, though.
Its pretty good hockey, but lame on hate, the essence of hockey.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/19/22
I want the Ava to sweep. They’re about halfway there.
Yikes, and now a shorty to go down 6-0!
I could of stopped the last one, and started a fight too ffs...
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/19/22
Touchdown AND extra point................

Let Bolts win one in Tampa so that the Avs can raise the cup on home ice.

Let Bolts win one in Tampa so that the Avs can raise the cup on home ice.

Good point but I would rather have the sweep!
If Tampa's goalie keep standing on his head, the Avs are screwed!
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/19/22
Tampa can't compete with the the AV's speed. When Tampa does quick passes, they do fine, they think for a split second and they are slammed.

Tampa had home ice now and that should help.

I think Tampa is realizing they aren't playing the rangers in this series.
I know the Rangers went up 2-0 on Tampa and Tampa came back and won. But the Rangers didn't go up 2-0 like the Avs have gone up 2-0. The Avs have freaking dominated. Go Avs!!
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/19/22
Yeah that was hard to watch.
AV's are showing that the goalie for Tampa ( can't and won't even try and spell his name) is human.
I know the Rangers went up 2-0 on Tampa and Tampa came back and won. But the Rangers didn't go up 2-0 like the Avs have gone up 2-0. The Avs have freaking dominated. Go Avs!!

Game 1 was close. Game 2 was embarrassing for TB. Tampa was actually tiring out on the ice.
Posted By: BoltactionMan Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/20/22
I guess TB came back the last series; but I'm not sure they can master this speed. Gotta figure out away to slow them down but it is a daunting task.

KC
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/20/22
The next game will define if they still have what it takes.
Posted By: Jcubed Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/20/22
Colorado looked unstoppable.
Posted By: clwg97 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/20/22
I hope the Avs Sweep them. The Blues took 2 from the Avs and had a chance to take 3 and send it to game 7. I wish the blues had a goalie all series, but it is what it is. I still feel like the Blues played them the best out of any series they Avs have played.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/20/22
Being back at home with their backs against the wall I wouldn't be surprised if TB comes out blazing, they can't afford to let the AVs get a lead right off the bat.

They didn't get this far by being pushovers.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/20/22
What I want to see is some stanley cup caliber hockey which I have yet to see, although some of they earlier series conferences did display that.
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/20/22
What I want to see is some stanley cup caliber hockey which I have yet to see, although some of they earlier series conferences did display that.
Its been pretty lame hockey thus far, little hitting, no hate, even the Oilers/Flames series was disappointing...... fast skating, high scoring is what they wanted when they changed the game for the viewers they wanted to attract. The iffy penalties really bring down the compete in many of the players because they are afraid to take a penalty for basically FA.
I hope Tampa comes out tonight, I don't care who wins at this point, I just want to see playoff Hockey.

Some people, like Bettman screw up everything they are involved with.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/20/22
Originally Posted by 673
Its been pretty lame hockey thus far, little hitting, no hate, even the Oilers/Flames series was disappointing...... fast skating, high scoring is what they wanted when they changed the game for the viewers they wanted to attract. The iffy penalties really bring down the compete in many of the players because they are afraid to take a penalty for basically FA.
I hope Tampa comes out tonight, I don't care who wins at this point, I just want to see playoff Hockey.

Some people, like Bettman screw up everything they are involved with.

I've been telling my HOCKEY buddy over on the coast the same thing, too many run and gun "playoff" games this postseason. I did like most of the NYR games, at least they kept scores relatively low and played some D. Rangers let that EC series get away from them. They had Vasilevsky figured out, shoot high blocker A LOT, and then seems in their last couple of losses they forgot that.

I'm surprised with TBL and their inability to play D in this series so far. They had some good games, but even with Vasilevsky, a team can't keep giving up odd man rushes and breakaway. I'm also amazed Cooper hasn't tried his top line much against the McKinnon group. I look for some changes once they get back to Tampa, but I'm no longer holding out for a 7 game series.

The weenie penalties are such a drag for this old time NHL fan. And, I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but it looked like a whole lot of missed calls last night against the Avs. Starting with the first missed call in which an Avs forechecker hooked and spun a TBL guy trying to get out of the corner which led to the McDonaugh penalty and the first goal after the Avs kept the puck in the zone.

When, probably not "if", the Avs win, look for your favorite team to try to add "skilled, offensive minded" D men through trades and draft picks, so they have 4 or so like Colorado does. The winning theory will switch to keep the puck in the O zone at all costs and we don't have to worry about defense as much.

As much as he helped the Lightning the past few years, somehow I think getting Point back might not have been the best thing for the team. He hasn't accomplished much since he came back. He better step up tonight.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/20/22
Hockey sux bigly.... Only thing worse is soccer... JMHO..
Posted By: gwrench Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/20/22
I'm rooting for the Avs but I will be surprised if Tampa doesn't have a big push back at home.

I prefer it by a huge margin over the NBA. At least in hockey, when someone scores it means something.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/20/22
We here are sorry the game is too fast for you to follow.

You probably like baseball and American football with a break every 20 seconds or so, that way the players don't get exhausted.

This is the general feeling of HOCKEY fans towards those who think it "sux"

Posted By: 06hunter59 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/20/22
Can't wait!
I love Playoff Hockey.
I'm rooting for the Avs but I expect the Lightning to bounce back tonight. If not, get the brooms!
Originally Posted by Valsdad

You probably like baseball and American football with a break every 20 seconds or so, that way the players don't get exhausted.

You ever notice how the players are still breathing hard during intermission interviews, five minutes after play stopped?

Our oldest played when he was a young kid. Never ended a game or practice without being drenched in sweat. He went through a brief phase when he didn't eat meat, but once he started playing hockey that changed. After about a month on the way home from practice he just said "dad, I'd really like a hamburger." I think his body was telling him if he was going to bust ass playing hockey, veggies weren't gonna cut it.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/20/22

You ever notice how the players are still breathing hard during intermission interviews, five minutes after play stopped?

Our oldest played when he was a young kid. Never ended a game or practice without being drenched in sweat. He went through a brief phase when he didn't eat meat, but once he started playing hockey that changed. After about a month on the way home from practice he just said "dad, I'd really like a hamburger." I think his body was telling him if he was going to bust ass playing hockey, veggies weren't gonna cut it.

Daughters spring league killed her if they were lucky they had 2 kids on the bench for a shift change. Very small team. Time for a change up, all 5 hauled ass to the pit but only 2 at the most were relieved.

Was actually comical. They actually kicked a$$ considering they were going up against teams with 20+players and we were playing ironman.

She ate and slept alot
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/20/22
Originally Posted by clwg97
I hope the Avs Sweep them. The Blues took 2 from the Avs and had a chance to take 3 and send it to game 7. I wish the blues had a goalie all series, but it is what it is. I still feel like the Blues played them the best out of any series they Avs have played.
Not to mention the Note lost the first game in overtime. Don’t get me wrong, hands down the Avs are the better team but St Louis can be right back there next year if owners and management make just a couple of key moves. My .02.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/20/22
Originally Posted by 06hunter59
Can't wait!
I love Playoff Hockey.
I'm rooting for the Avs but I expect the Lightning to bounce back tonight. If not, get the brooms!

Tonight is gonna set TB' chance 3pete. Gonna be a good game.
Posted By: gutthooked Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/20/22
Should be the best game of series tonite, but the bolts have a mountain to climb...
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/21/22
Lets all hate this guy lol.
Posted By: 06hunter59 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/21/22
Good first period. Both teams seem to be playing chess and just showing spurts.
2nd should be great!
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/21/22
Originally Posted by 673

I'm in. smile
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/21/22
The Av's should of won tonight, and would have if it were not for outstanding goaltending, incredible really.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/21/22
Originally Posted by 673
The Av's should of won tonight, and would have if it were not for outstanding goaltending, incredible really.
That's TB's ace in the hole. When he plays well they win. And he played well last night.

That was a playoff HOCKEY game if you ask me. Just what's necessary at this time of the season. Have to have a hot goaltender. Have to come back and say "OK, you guys got us good in your barn, we're not going to let it happen in ours". TB made a couple of adjustments, including the flip pass out of the D zone keeping those dangerous Avs D men on their toes. That Colorado forecheck killed them in Denver, they had to figure a way to break it. Avs cannot risk letting the Lightning get many odd man rushes or breakaways on their "average" goaltending corps. Not with the players on TB.

Now, hopefully more of the same, except I expect Avs to push back really hard to get that third win under their belts. That Francouz guy can play pretty well at times and might be the difference.

Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by 673

I'm in. smile

Maybe not hate, but sticking our tongues out and saying Nanner Nanner Nanner, our sport is better than yours is OK
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/21/22
I picked Av's in five..... probably wrong but fun guessing .

Who thiks TB wins Game 4 ?

Was thinking the ice looked slick but Tampa in summer with humidity....no wonder. I only watched a few minutes late. Maybe they mention that.
Likely gives them an edge- BUT - the altitude has to help Av's at home. Heck , likely helps them away too.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/21/22
Hockey didn't die with the covid?
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/21/22
Yes my prayers were answered that game was stanley cup caliber, it was somewhat of a close game when it was 3 - 2 tampa and they AVs still could have salaged it when it went 4 - 2 but not after that. Yes the Lightning will take game 4
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/23/22
They AVs are putting they injurd goalie in cast and all??? Go Lightning
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/23/22
Well the Avs got it done again and are up 3:1 with two games at home. It is an uphill battle to say the least for Tampa. I don’t see them pulling it off but if they do it will be epic.
I did not see that one comming the way it ended they were just out of steam in they end. The goal in the first 30 seconds at the start of the game gave me hope. Not to be
Posted By: TRnCO Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/23/22
holy cow, the Lightening ran out of steam and the Avs caught their second wind in OT. Dang good game.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/23/22
They AVs are putting they injurd goalie in cast and all??? Go Lightning

News to me, where did you see that?
Mark Messier Chris Chilios and they other guy were talking about it in the pregame segment.
Which goalie were they talking about?
Posted By: 06hunter59 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/23/22
That was a great game!
The Avs really showed their speed in Overtime! Wow! 2 posts before the GWG! Unbelievable pass and play for the game winner!
Fun series!!
No question, watching Stanley Cup Playoffs OT is the best!
Only thing better than overtime is double or triple overtime!
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/23/22
Great game.
Not sure, but why after this many years the rules seem ambiguous?
There was 6 guys on the ice for the Av's at the time of the ot goal....it is open to a different interpretation every time there is 6 on the ice.

Also, when the Av's goalie's mask came off is also open to interpretation in each instance........... continue to play or blow the whistle?
"There was 6 guys on the ice for the Av's at the time of the ot goal"

I did not realise that how can you right that wrong, it totaly changes everything.
No it doesn't. The rules allow for that, but one of the six needs to be within 5 feet of the bench and not involved in the play. Any of the 4 refs on the ice can call that and none said they saw a violation.
Posted By: TRnCO Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/23/22
yeah and there were a few other "missed" calls last night. Did they matter in the out come of the game, only those on the losing end think they might have made a difference.

Did the "6 men on the ice" matter or did it make a difference on how the game ended, probably not.
Posted By: packrat77 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/23/22
I saw a screenshot of the Av's with 6 on the ice, Tampa had 7 at the same time. Of course they were close to the bench.
I think tonight is the night! Let's go AV'S!!!!!
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/24/22
No it doesn't. The rules allow for that, but one of the six needs to be within 5 feet of the bench and not involved in the play. Any of the 4 refs on the ice can call that and none said they saw a violation.
5 feet from the bench? lol, I was unaware of that rule. Sounds ambiguous.

As I stated previous, I hope neither team wins as my teams are out of there or never were in the playoffs to begin with.
Originally Posted by TRnCO
holy cow, the Lightening ran out of steam and the Avs caught their second wind in OT. Dang good game.

One of the main reasons the Lighting ran out of steam is because they were skating in slush all night. The Lighting plan to slow down the AV'S backfired on them! The ice will plenty fast tonight.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/24/22
When the Redskins (remember them) had Joe Gibbs as a coach and John Riggins running the ball the grounds crew at RFK used to use a lot of sand in the turf, it slowed down the teams with speedy wideouts and favored the running game.

The players called the field "the beach." Looks like the same stuff happens in hockey.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/24/22
Which goalie were they talking about?
They were talking about a skater, not a goalie.

Kadri, the OT goal scorer if I'm not mistaken.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by 673
5 feet from the bench? lol, I was unaware of that rule. Sounds ambiguous.

As I stated previous, I hope neither team wins as my teams are out of there or never were in the playoffs to begin with.
Don't know if it's written in the rules, but that's been a deciding factor in the "too many men" calls for awhile now.

Not only that, there can be no attempt by that player to play the puck, and as a matter of fact I've seen them call it when one of the team passes the puck to another player but it ends up hitting the player going off the ice.

It's a bit ambiguous as you say, but it allows play to continue better.

Sharks lost a game in OT to Ducks when the player going off was still on the ice going off at their bench door at the red line, player coming on was entering at the offensive blue line and got a breakaway. Planned play on the faceoff. Deemed legal. Dude going off never left the ice even

https://www.espn.com/nhl/recap/_/gameId/401350030
Posted By: BeanMan Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/24/22
There’s a screenshot from above showing the Avs with 6 players on the ice at the time of the score. Tampa had 7 in the same screenshot.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/24/22
Extra guys were within legal lim of the pit were they were deemed "retired from play". Besides, it wouldn't have made a difference.

Can't wait to see how TB does tonight in CO.
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/24/22
There’s a screenshot from above showing the Avs with 6 players on the ice at the time of the score. Tampa had 7 in the same screenshot.

MacKinnon was, by definition, not "on the ice." And the 7 Bolts is a moot point as they were defending and 2 guys were in the same "retiring player" situation as Mac. The bellyaches some have over this is hilarity. Same as those crying over Makar's goal last series when they don't understand what delayed offside is.

FWIW, this is not an attack toward you or your comment, but a clarification, I hope, of the situation.
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/24/22
Should be a good game, got a couple buddies coming over, should be here any minute! laugh
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/25/22
The Avs seem to have more in the tank than the Bolts. 10 more minutes or regulation, maybe another OT game!? Fun series to watch, for sure.
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/25/22
Off to Tampa for game 6! I'd be willing to bet it goes 7 games now. I don't see COL winning, at least not easily, in Tampa.
Tampa just won't go away! There is a reason they won the cup the last two years. This thing ain't over till it's over!
Posted By: BeanMan Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/25/22

MacKinnon was, by definition, not "on the ice." And the 7 Bolts is a moot point as they were defending and 2 guys were in the same "retiring player" situation as Mac. The bellyaches some have over this is hilarity. Same as those crying over Makar's goal last series when they don't understand what delayed offside is.

FWIW, this is not an attack toward you or your comment, but a clarification, I hope, of the situation.

No offense taken, I think it’s hilarious Tampa was whining when they were just as guilty. A non-foul
Posted By: smokepole Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/25/22
Tampa just won't go away! There is a reason they won the cup the last two years. This thing ain't over till it's over!

I'd say they've got the momentum now, going back home.
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/25/22
Well....

Tampa has done what only one other playoff team has done so far.

St Louis beat the Avs twice and nearly a 3rd
Here we go! Come on AVS!!!
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/27/22
Hope they do better than friday
Hope they do better than friday
Me Too!!
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/27/22
It’s game on
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/27/22
It'll go to game 7
Posted By: smokepole Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/27/22
Vasilevsky looks tough. They need to inundate him to get a goal.
One of TB's strategies seems to be bitching at the refs.
Posted By: 06hunter59 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/27/22
I've been watching Hockey over 50 years.
This is one of the best I've ever seen!
And I have no horses in this race.
Blackhawks are my team.
Go Avs!
1st period over 8 minutes without a whistle!!
Posted By: 06hunter59 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/27/22
Kadris beard looks like the trash can at the Brazilian Wax Studio.
Posted By: gutthooked Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/27/22
Phil was just polishing up the cup
They did it! Way to go AVS! The respect for the Lighting team is huge. What a team!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/27/22
The Traveling Cup is Cool we saw it in Dryden, Ontario.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/27/22
my traveling Stanley thermos is pretty cool, too....
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/27/22
Well done Colorado, just wish Stan Kronkie wasn’t the owner
Posted By: TRnCO Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/27/22
way to go Avs. What a season and especially, what a play off season. Only one loss on the road is impressive. That last game was a nail biter....but the better team came out on top..
Posted By: SKane Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/27/22
Avs had the right recipe of youngsters and OG's.

Boy, they sure put a lot of pressure on the opponents – seemed like they spent the entire playoffs in the opponents zone.
Posted By: 673 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/27/22
The Av's were the better team and it was a well earned victory. Congrats.
Well done Colorado, just wish Stan Kronkie wasn’t the owner

Plus 1. The local TV blackout is a dumpster fire.

Glad to see Gabe Landeskog get his name on the cup, he's a class act.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/27/22
I was a little disappointed with the ending of such a good game. First, with the official making that "judgement call" that it wasn't icing, forcing another rush up the ice. Then the Lightning had a chance at the blue line to dump it deep and didn't, that kind of ruined a pretty well played game..

I had no desire for one team to win the Cup over the other, I really wanted to see a Game 7 between these two teams. The outcome wasn't that important to me. Either the Champs win a third Cup, or the New Kids (and a few old timers) take it away.

I think it was a class move by Landeskog to hand the Cup to Johnson, and then for it to be passed to Cogs. Props for being so respectful, especially to a guy who just joined the team.

And Makar will be special to watch for a very long time.

Quote of the day from the interview about it being a copycat league....."Find another Cale Makar".

Waiting impatiently for next season.
OH, no comments about the Avs denting the oldest trophy in North American pro sports? eek
OH, no comments about the Avs denting the oldest trophy in North American pro sports? eek

They weren't the first and they won't be the last.
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/27/22

This happens multiple times, every year. Also, that was the Presentation Cup, not the official and historical Permanent Cup.

This happens multiple times, every year. Also, that was the Presentation Cup, not the official and historical Permanent Cup.
Interesting. I figured it happens now and again, especially when dudes bring it home to party with the hometown pee-wee team they played for. Personally never saw it happen during the presentation though.
Posted By: gutthooked Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/27/22
It'll prolly buff out....
Originally Posted by gutthooked

Gary Bettman's old man is a TV repairman - he's got an ultimate set of tools....he can fix it.
Originally Posted by SKane

Gary Bettman's old man is a TV repairman - he's got an ultimate set of tools....he can fix it.
TV repairmen know about Bondo?
Originally Posted by SKane

TV repairmen know about Bondo?

laugh
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/27/22
Covid robbed the crowd of its right to boo the Commish.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Stanley cup thread? - 06/28/22
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Covid robbed the crowd of its right to boo the Commish.

Of all the pro sport commissioners he has got to be the worst of them.
© 24hourcampfire