Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No it doesn't. The rules allow for that, but one of the six needs to be within 5 feet of the bench and not involved in the play. Any of the 4 refs on the ice can call that and none said they saw a violation.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
yeah and there were a few other "missed" calls last night. Did they matter in the out come of the game, only those on the losing end think they might have made a difference.

Did the "6 men on the ice" matter or did it make a difference on how the game ended, probably not.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I saw a screenshot of the Av's with 6 on the ice, Tampa had 7 at the same time. Of course they were close to the bench.

Don't believe everything you think.

You ain't learnin' nothin' when you're talking.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think tonight is the night! Let's go AV'S!!!!!

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
No it doesn't. The rules allow for that, but one of the six needs to be within 5 feet of the bench and not involved in the play. Any of the 4 refs on the ice can call that and none said they saw a violation.
5 feet from the bench? lol, I was unaware of that rule. Sounds ambiguous.

As I stated previous, I hope neither team wins as my teams are out of there or never were in the playoffs to begin with.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TRnCO
holy cow, the Lightening ran out of steam and the Avs caught their second wind in OT. Dang good game.

One of the main reasons the Lighting ran out of steam is because they were skating in slush all night. The Lighting plan to slow down the AV'S backfired on them! The ice will plenty fast tonight.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
When the Redskins (remember them) had Joe Gibbs as a coach and John Riggins running the ball the grounds crew at RFK used to use a lot of sand in the turf, it slowed down the teams with speedy wideouts and favored the running game.

The players called the field "the beach." Looks like the same stuff happens in hockey.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Which goalie were they talking about?
They were talking about a skater, not a goalie.

Kadri, the OT goal scorer if I'm not mistaken.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 673
5 feet from the bench? lol, I was unaware of that rule. Sounds ambiguous.

As I stated previous, I hope neither team wins as my teams are out of there or never were in the playoffs to begin with.
Don't know if it's written in the rules, but that's been a deciding factor in the "too many men" calls for awhile now.

Not only that, there can be no attempt by that player to play the puck, and as a matter of fact I've seen them call it when one of the team passes the puck to another player but it ends up hitting the player going off the ice.

It's a bit ambiguous as you say, but it allows play to continue better.

Sharks lost a game in OT to Ducks when the player going off was still on the ice going off at their bench door at the red line, player coming on was entering at the offensive blue line and got a breakaway. Planned play on the faceoff. Deemed legal. Dude going off never left the ice even

https://www.espn.com/nhl/recap/_/gameId/401350030

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
There’s a screenshot from above showing the Avs with 6 players on the ice at the time of the score. Tampa had 7 in the same screenshot.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Extra guys were within legal lim of the pit were they were deemed "retired from play". Besides, it wouldn't have made a difference.

Can't wait to see how TB does tonight in CO.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by BeanMan
There’s a screenshot from above showing the Avs with 6 players on the ice at the time of the score. Tampa had 7 in the same screenshot.

MacKinnon was, by definition, not "on the ice." And the 7 Bolts is a moot point as they were defending and 2 guys were in the same "retiring player" situation as Mac. The bellyaches some have over this is hilarity. Same as those crying over Makar's goal last series when they don't understand what delayed offside is.

FWIW, this is not an attack toward you or your comment, but a clarification, I hope, of the situation.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Should be a good game, got a couple buddies coming over, should be here any minute! laugh

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
The Avs seem to have more in the tank than the Bolts. 10 more minutes or regulation, maybe another OT game!? Fun series to watch, for sure.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Off to Tampa for game 6! I'd be willing to bet it goes 7 games now. I don't see COL winning, at least not easily, in Tampa.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tampa just won't go away! There is a reason they won the cup the last two years. This thing ain't over till it's over!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
Originally Posted by BeanMan

MacKinnon was, by definition, not "on the ice." And the 7 Bolts is a moot point as they were defending and 2 guys were in the same "retiring player" situation as Mac. The bellyaches some have over this is hilarity. Same as those crying over Makar's goal last series when they don't understand what delayed offside is.

FWIW, this is not an attack toward you or your comment, but a clarification, I hope, of the situation.

No offense taken, I think it’s hilarious Tampa was whining when they were just as guilty. A non-foul

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
Tampa just won't go away! There is a reason they won the cup the last two years. This thing ain't over till it's over!

I'd say they've got the momentum now, going back home.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Well....

Tampa has done what only one other playoff team has done so far.

St Louis beat the Avs twice and nearly a 3rd

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here we go! Come on AVS!!!

Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1minute, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 52 invisible), 2,265 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,283
Posts18,505,153
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.