Home
Posted By: Fireball2 Gun Show Math - 05/21/22
I made a discovery today about an exciting new math used at gun shows.

I'd taken a shotgun as trading stock, just in case I saw something worth dickering over. After walking around a bit and seeing plenty of unsold $150 primers I came to a table with a pretty little 50th Anniversary 10/22. Interesting gun. Looking it over I noticed two pretty deep dents and some muzzle powder residue from firing. Dealer is a guy I avoid like the plague because he's such a prick. He looked very gaunt like he was dying of cancer, so I figured maybe he'd have a little humility as he realized his end was nigh. Who knows, maybe he's trying to save his widow the trouble of dealing with his crap after he's gone?

He said the Ruger was NIB. I told him it was used. He said he bought it from the original owner. I said exactly, it's used, by definition, not to mention it's been handled and damaged, and fired.

But, I was still interested so I handed him my shotgun and said "trade me out of it". He wanted $500 for the Ruger and $150 per/1000 primers.

"What do you want?", he asks.

I told him I wanted $1350 for it. He offered me a used 10/22 and 2000 primers. LOL

I told him 5000 primers, the 10/22, and a bunch of 22 mag ammo. None of which I need btw, but wth, it's all fun and games.

He rolled his eyes and ranted and raved. You'd think I'd spent the night corn-holing his mother by his reaction.

"The 10/22 and 3000 primers is $1150!", he counters.

I'm doing to math in my head- $500+$450=$1150. And that's IF I agreed to pay those prices, which ain't happening.

"Your shotgun has no resale value. I can't get $900 for it."

"So why would you want it?" seemed like a reasonable response to his assessment. He had no answer for that.

We went back and forth a few more times and it was obvious he was high on his meds so I left.

Not the first time I've been insulted but never quite so blatantly.

I told my buddy after we left if I was an azzhole I would have told him "I'll just wait for whatever is killing you to finish it's work then I'll pick all this up for pennies on the dollar at your widows auction."

But I'm not an azzhole. Not yet anyway.
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Gun Show Math - 05/21/22
Fireball,

"Gun show math" sounds like an excellent counter punch to offset Antique Roadshow
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Gun Show Math - 05/21/22
That is exactly why I don’t do gun shows anymore.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Gun Show Math - 05/21/22
Just like buying a truck tractor equipment I don't care what the price tag says if cash gets the price close to where it needs to be we might deal. Or if I'm trading something I'm worried about the difference.p
Posted By: saddlering Re: Gun Show Math - 05/21/22
Was at a swap meet today, old farmers, old engines,ect. Old guy had some fishing stuff, camping stuff. Was a small 8"x8" dove tailed wood box inside was a new cartridge case mouth tool, 2boxs of large rifle primers, 100 per box and a box of 40-50 small pistol primers and some stuff I don't know what it is! Had ten bucks on it, I offered 5, old guy said fine. Told the wife there's $25.00 in primers alone, and I can use the wood box!
Posted By: JakeDog Re: Gun Show Math - 05/21/22
That is fascinating.
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Gun Show Math - 05/21/22
Speaking of high priced "gun stuff" ....

I know I am not alone here who puts stuff away and then, over the years, forgets "squirreling" it into some dark, forgotten corner. Today, I was going through some stuff I hadn't looked at for quite some time and lo-and-behold, discovered 24 boxes of 9 mm WW SXT NIB cartridges I had completely forgot I had. Voila!! Was that like finding gold nuggets or not?

Didn't really matter as I had plenty of 9 mm FMJ and HPs I could use anyway, but I thought I ought to look through everything tomorrow and see what other "hidden treasures" I might have stowed away in some dark corner. grin

Have a great weekend, boys and girls. Attend your local gun show and find some great deals. wink

L.W.
Posted By: pullit Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22
I have learned some people you can deal with, some you can not
Posted By: Jason280 Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22
Maybe I missed it, but what kind of shotgun? Makes a difference...
Posted By: WMR Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22
Originally Posted by Jason280

Don’t confuse the issue by asking for the relevant information. After all, the gun show guy was the Ahole here, remember?
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22
You learn what gunshows to go to and which ones to avoid. Some small town ones in Or and WA are good to go. Some in Portland at the expo, not so much. The Jackson Armory and Holliday inn collectors west ones are good. Some guys are A holes and they are the one that are fun to fu ck with. Got to learn that too. Math in general is usually quite simple.. Even some shops are fun to deal with. There are pricks, learn to prick back..
Posted By: deflave Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22
Known cantankerous ass but looks like maybe he’s dying so let me try to get some schit I don’t want and then I’ll complain about how rude people are to me.

Makes a lot of sense.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
You learn what gunshows to go to and which ones to avoid. Some small town ones in Or and WA are good to go. Some in Portland at the expo, not so much. The Jackson Armory and Holliday inn collectors west ones are good. Some guys are A holes and they are the one that are fun to fu ck with. Got to learn that too. Math in general is usually quite simple..
Most people learn.

Fireballz does not.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22
"That is a very deal for you my friend."

Said Tuco
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22
Originally Posted by Fireball2

I'd taken a shotgun as trading stock, just in case I saw something worth dickering over. After walking around a bit and seeing plenty of unsold $150 primers I came to a table with a pretty little 50th Anniversary 10/22. Interesting gun. Looking it over I noticed two pretty deep dents and some muzzle powder residue from firing. Dealer is a guy I avoid like the plague because he's such a prick. He looked very gaunt like he was dying of cancer, so I figured maybe he'd have a little humility as he realized his end was nigh. Who knows, maybe he's trying to save his widow the trouble of dealing with his crap after he's gone?

He said the Ruger was NIB. I told him it was used. He said he bought it from the original owner. I said exactly, it's used, by definition, not to mention it's been handled and damaged, and fired.

But, I was still interested so I handed him my shotgun and said "trade me out of it". He wanted $500 for the Ruger and $150 per/1000 primers.

I told him I wanted $1350 for it. He offered me a used 10/22 and 2000 primers. LOL

I told him 5000 primers, the 10/22, and a bunch of 22 mag ammo. None of which I need btw, but wth, it's all fun and games.

He rolled his eyes and ranted and raved. You'd think I'd spent the night corn-holing his mother by his reaction.

I'm doing to math in my head- $500+$450=$1150. And that's IF I agreed to pay those prices, which ain't happening.

"So why would you want it?" seemed like a reasonable response to his assessment. He had no answer for that.

We went back and forth a few more times and it was obvious he was high on his meds so I left.

I told my buddy after we left if I was an azzhole I would have told him "I'll just wait for whatever is killing you to finish it's work then I'll pick all this up for pennies on the dollar at your widows auction."

You’re a grade a self righteous fûcking prick. Based on this post alone.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22
Originally Posted by WMR

Don’t confuse the issue by asking for the relevant information. After all, the gun show guy was the Ahole here, remember?

Apparently, the mission was to be an ahole. Mission accomplished.
Originally Posted by WMR

This will be good.

Book it.

LOL
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22
Some gunshow guys the guns are irrelevant, it's the opportunity to be an azzhole that's their reason for being there. I just keep walking past those kind, don't gratify them by engaging them in conversation because the outcome is already known.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22
Any N frame Pachmayrs there?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: GAGoober Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22
Traded a couple of old used Tachistoscopes for a vintage Marbles knife at a gun/knife show years ago. Old guy asked, What’s a Tachistoscope?” I explained and he agreed to the trade.
Posted By: GAGoober Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22
Haggling & negotiating is part of the experience of trading at a gun show or any swap meet. You meet and deal with all types. It’s part of the game. If you run into someone you don’t like or some deal that doesn’t add up it’s no big deal. No need to make a post about it to everybody about your dilemma. Billy Goat is right.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

You’re a grade a self righteous fûcking prick. Based on this post alone.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22

Dealer is a guy I avoid like the plague because he's such a prick.

That seems to be not quite the case.

Sounds like a fun time though….🙄
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22
95% of these gun show threads go one of two ways.

Posters complain how someone tried to screw them or how they stole something for a great price. Guess it just depends on who its happening to.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
That is exactly why I don’t do gun shows anymore.

Not going to gun shows is probably the best way to not get anything. If the guys in the gold rush days only went where nougats laid on the ground, we would never have had any gold reserves…
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22
Cash value
Trade value
Trade value is up above cash value most times.
Ratio of what it was bought for versus what it is selling for.
Profit margin and the abilty to be flexible within it.
Potential of up profit in a trade for an item versus the item a seller has that you as a buyer wants and the item you have to trade for it

It's all part of negotiating.
Bringing up points.

Leaving some meat on the bone isnt a bad thing.
Some have a huge aversion to that above.
But most gun show sellers in this day and age are weasels also
Who dont even hunt or shoot and are in the game to work the climate.
Not all of them are that way, but many are...

Some see the up value, some refuse too cause they are hardheaded and so set in their ways they dont wanta be " beat".
Throw in seller age with that.
Sometimes it is just best to move on down the aisle.
And just saaay fugg it.
Dude will be back at the next 3 4 or 5 shows trying to sell the same items...
Many of these sellers have been trying to sell the same items for a looooong time.
Their table is more of a show and tell twilight of their life event at the gunshows with their pricing and mentality of negotiation.
They gotta win.
We have all seen those tables....

But if either side is trying to squeeze every penny they can.
The deal probably aint happening.

Gunshows are dead to me after the Murfeesboro show several weeks ago.
Had enough..
Had about a 13 14 yr hiatus from em.
Then started going to em again around summer 2017.
This last 4 or 5 years of going to them has plummeted from the initial novelty and some deals to be found to a place to advoid

Even the sheer humanity value of going to one has degraded.

YMMV blanket statement......
Posted By: fburgtx Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22
Gun show buyers—“This show sucks! Nobody will sell me a Rem 700 BDL for $250!!”

Gun show sellers—“This show sucks! Nobody will buy my Rem 700 BDL for $1500!!”
Posted By: reivertom Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22
I see quite a few people working in gun shops and at gun show tables that act like they would rather be shoveling cow barns out. I always wondered why they are in a business that hate so much.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22
Shoulda just thrown in the .38 Souper and closed the deal.
Originally Posted by reivertom
I see quite a few people working in gun shops and at gun show tables that act like they would rather be shoveling cow barns out. I always wondered why they are in a business that hate so much.

Please refer back to the OP.
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22
I'm hoping that with the passing of the boomers we'll see gunshows go the way of the dodo or boomer. Maybe then libtards will stfu about the "loophole".

They all suck. Just crabby old timers sitting behind banquet tables with garbage displayed for astronomical prices.

Most have more jewelry, jerky, purses, and popcorn than guns. They are schiet shows.
Posted By: JohntheElectrician Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22
Gun shows are hard. I generally don’t go because I’m not educated enough on grading and values of most used guns to know what is fair. I can generally recognize a screaming good deal or a way overpriced item.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22
The title of the thread is "Gun Show Math". This same dealer had 22 mag ammo at $35 a box. Local gun shop has it for $20, all you want, and the gunshop is owned by nice people that talk respectfully to their customers.

Unlike the internet where cowards hide behind anonymity and take potshots at others with no consequences, in person men negotiate and reason to come to a place of agreement or they part ways. But some gun show sellers are a different lot. Some of them as has been pointed out are miserable SOB's.

No reasonable person will accept "$500 + $450 (3x$150)= $1150". Some dealers are so outlandish in their position there is no reasonable ground to even start a negotiation from. Like trying to purchase a used car priced so many thousands too high you never get to what is even a reasonable amount in the negotiation. Anyone that's done anything in this life knows exactly what I'm talking about.

I would be glad to leave some meat on the bone for any dealer on a trade deal, that's expected, but don't try to tell me $950 is $1150 and your outrageous prices are above reproach. I've sold big blocks of firearms to two dealers in the past and left many thousands on the table for their trouble, as I said it was expected, but I never felt disrespected, talked down to or abused.

The bigger picture if you're in a people business it might behoove you to have some people skills.
Posted By: Rifles And More Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22
"Unlike the internet where cowards hide behind anonymity and take potshots at others with no consequences"

This is what you've done to this dealer in your made-up story. On top of that, you wished a miserable death on him and then claim you are not an [bleep]. You should really review your tough-guy stories before you post them.

Some customers are not worth the time...
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22
I was at the Tulsa gun show several years ago looking at a used bi-pod on a table. The price was set at "new" and I was talking the price over with my wife. The guy behind the table took exception to our discussion and started yelling at us to get the F away from his table. The guy must have been having a bad weekend but dang!!! Most of those guys price their stuff to where they can't even pay for their table rent imo
Posted By: Rifles And More Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22
Ok - I see you only use biodegradable trash on the other thread - some street cred gained back.
Posted By: WMR Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22
The title of the thread is "Gun Show Math". This same dealer had 22 mag ammo at $35 a box. Local gun shop has it for $20, all you want, and the gunshop is owned by nice people that talk respectfully to their customers.

Unlike the internet where cowards hide behind anonymity and take potshots at others with no consequences, in person men negotiate and reason to come to a place of agreement or they part ways. But some gun show sellers are a different lot. Some of them as has been pointed out are miserable SOB's.

No reasonable person will accept "$500 + $450 (3x$150)= $1150". Some dealers are so outlandish in their position there is no reasonable ground to even start a negotiation from. Like trying to purchase a used car priced so many thousands too high you never get to what is even a reasonable amount in the negotiation. Anyone that's done anything in this life knows exactly what I'm talking about.

I would be glad to leave some meat on the bone for any dealer on a trade deal, that's expected, but don't try to tell me $950 is $1150 and your outrageous prices are above reproach. I've sold big blocks of firearms to two dealers in the past and left many thousands on the table for their trouble, as I said it was expected, but I never felt disrespected, talked down to or abused.

The bigger picture if you're in a people business it might behoove you to have some people skills.

I get that the guy made an adding error to come up with $1150. You could have simply pointed that out and gone on from there. You never did mention what shotgun you were selling. What was the best offer you got for it? Did you trade it or take it back home?
Originally Posted by Rifles And More
"Unlike the internet where cowards hide behind anonymity and take potshots at others with no consequences"

This is what you've done to this dealer in your made-up story. On top of that, you wished a miserable death on him and then claim you are not an [bleep]. You should really review your tough-guy stories before you post them.

+1 but I like this line better:

....... in person men negotiate and reason to come to a place of agreement or they part ways.

And then go bitch about it on the internet, and throw in some stuff they'd never say to the man in person.
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
I'm hoping that with the passing of the boomers we'll see gunshows go the way of the dodo or boomer. Maybe then libtards will stfu about the "loophole".

They all suck. Just crabby old timers sitting behind banquet tables with garbage displayed for astronomical prices.

Most have more jewelry, jerky, purses, and popcorn than guns. They are schiet shows.

If you live in Laredo your entire life is a schit show.

And if you think libtards will ever STFU up about gun sales you’re a dumb fugk.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22
"What I've got in it."

Now this idiot is gonna lecture folk on “people skills.”

LOL

Can’t make this schit up.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Gun Show Math - 05/22/22
I’m not seeing what the problem is.

For a nominal fee I can go around and inspect close-up a greater number and wider array of firearms etc than can be found in most LGS’s. One thing that bugs me over the counter is that usually the price tags are too small to read from a distance, not a problem at Gun shows.

Folks see cranky Ol’ Pharts I see original Texans with a history, often a cool history. Over the years prob’ly most of my gun purchases have been from gun shows, comparably-priced but hard to find at LGS.

Too pricey, don’t buy it, and I can leave with a $10 cone of roast cashews if I want 🙂

...and Oh Lort, why didn’t I invest in Enfields back when they were practically giving ‘em away?
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Gun Show Math - 05/23/22
LOL
Posted By: ldholton Re: Gun Show Math - 05/23/22

But I just read said I'm a young disrespectful piece of s***.
The other post put up by the same person says the same thing.
Posted By: skfullen Re: Gun Show Math - 05/23/22
I've been at gun shows and been on both sides of the table.

It's a hobby and I enjoy MOST interactions. I've had perplexing/troublesome conversations with dealers, and with customers. For the most part, if you are respectful you are treated the same way in exchange. And if you aren't you can always just leave a dealer's table, or ignore the customer on the other side. It's really not rocket science.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Gun Show Math - 05/23/22

No straw purchase, Amigo. But I dance for you.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Gun Show Math - 05/23/22

I know quite a few "boomers," including some who've posted on this thread such as Shrapnel--and also good friends of his, such as Deflave. In fact, I'm a "boomer," a year older than Shrapnel.

Used to get pissed about old farts (even older than me and Shrap) showing up at all the local gun shows with the same batch of pre-'64 Model 70 Winchesters, with the same high price tags. But eventually I realized that they didn't really want to sell. They were paying for a table so they could bullschidt with other rifle loonies, and if they didn't sell anything, so what?

That said, I don't go to many gun shows anymore, and long ago quit paying for a table or two. Part of the "problem" (if there is one) is the Internet has been making them obsolete--with rare exceptions like the really big ones.

But one of the problems with today's gun shows is also the up-and-down prices paid during buying panics, like the one we're experiencing right now--though like all the past panics it also seems to be easing, at least in some areas. I also go to local garage/yard sales often enough to observe the pricing patterns there. Went to one that advertised a bunch of shooting stuff a couple years after the Obama Rimfire Ammo Panic, and found a pile of rimfire ammo with what were obviously "gun show" prices from the Obama era. I just walked around and walked out.

But anybody with something to sell in America is still able to put the price they want on it. Whether they can sell it at that price is another question--along with whether they can add.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Gun Show Math - 05/23/22
I always put out a few good deals at the show when I do one just to make somebody's day. Last show it was an excellent shape hardly fired 788 in 22-250 for $350 and a Springfield xde like new in the box for $300. I don't put a price on a few items I'm willing to give a good deal on so if a decent person asks I give them a deal. Other things I want what they're worth but I'll discount it for bulk.

When I sold silver I was always the cheapest by at least $1 an ounce. Sometimes the other dealers would just send someone over to buy me out and I'd go home early. I just did them to hang out with a few friends that did. I can only handle doing one about every 5 years now. I meet all types at the shows but usually make a new friend or two. You have to take the bad with the good I guess.

I need to do another one soon because I need to get rid of a dozen or so guns and I'd rather not ship them.

Bb
I've been on both sides of the table too. Never treated anyone disrespectfully as a seller. Got no patience for jerks is my problem.
Come to think of it, if you have problems with me, it's probably because YOU are a jerk.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Gun Show Math - 05/23/22
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

I know quite a few "boomers," including some who've posted on this thread such as Shrapnel--and also good friends of his, such as Deflave. In fact, I'm a "boomer," a year older than Shrapnel.

I always have a chuckle whenever an all knowing Gen x-er uses boomer as an epithet.

As if one has a choice in when or where he's born.
Posted By: deflave Re: Gun Show Math - 05/23/22
Come to think of it, if you have problems with me, it's probably because YOU are a jerk.

If anybody wondered what entitled looks like, I found you a peep hole.

LOL
Posted By: deflave Re: Gun Show Math - 05/23/22
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

No straw purchase, Amigo. But I dance for you.

LOL
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Gun Show Math - 05/23/22

I have no problem with you... you are a special child of God.

...and your posts are rich and fertile soil where many seeds are laid.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Gun Show Math - 05/23/22
in any trade you have to first find someone who really wants your trade item ,if not you are screw to start with. there are still great bargains to be found at gunshows. almost every gun and i own came from a gunshow and all of them were bought at prices that i can make money on anytime i want.

if you thought he was to high on primers then you shouldn't have tried to trade him at all.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Gun Show Math - 05/24/22
Originally Posted by smokepole

I always have a chuckle whenever an all knowing Gen x-er uses boomer as an epithet.

Yup. Proud Boomer here. While they’re waiting for me to die off, I’m having a blast doing what I want, when I want, all day every day, while they slog off to the salt mines to pay for my SS, praying for the weekend.😜
Posted By: centershot Re: Gun Show Math - 05/24/22
Kind of what the classifieds are for me.........a daily gunshow, but with some actual good deals on occasion.

Last actual gun show I went to had primers for $200/1000 and Fed Automatch 325 packs for $50. All I bought a hot dog and coke from the local high school fund raiser.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Gun Show Math - 05/24/22
I go to watch the guy with the headset microphone do the wok demonstration every 15 minutes.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Gun Show Math - 05/24/22
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Yup. Proud Boomer here. While they’re waiting for me to die off, I’m having a blast doing what I want, when I want, all day every day, while they slog off to the salt mines to pay for my SS, praying for the weekend.😜

Funny. I feel the same way.

PS- You only left out the where and with whom..

smile
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Gun Show Math - 05/24/22
I used to be proud of my gun deals and car deals.

As I get closer to the grave, I am less inclined to take advantage of people with ordinary negotiating skills.

I might still get selfish in real estate deals.
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: Gun Show Math - 05/24/22
I speculate and think the description provided by the OP is THE very scenario which explains why most of these vendors are at the gun show. This interaction is their hobby and is the fodder for the discussions the venders have amongst themselves as they tear down their tables.
Posted By: deflave Re: Gun Show Math - 05/24/22
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
I speculate and think the description provided by the OP is THE very scenario which explains why most of these vendors are at the gun show. This interaction is their hobby and is the fodder for the discussions the venders have amongst themselves as they tear down their tables.

I have zero doubt that somebody somewhere is talking about how stupid Fireballz is.
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: Gun Show Math - 05/24/22
Originally Posted by deflave

I have zero doubt that somebody somewhere is talking about how stupid Fireballz is.
That caught me off guard Trav. It's one time where I could actually type "LOL" and it would be literal.
Posted By: Sheister Re: Gun Show Math - 05/24/22
My buddy and I call it the "I don't want to sell it price" for guys who just like to show up and use their wares to lure guys in to BS with for a little while. I've met a lot of older guys (like me) at the gun shows who were a hoot but I would never buy what they were selling at the prices they had marked. Once in a while you will find that old guy with the prices you thought were high and by time you got done talking either your idea of his high prices has changed or he has come down enough to make a deal... and so it goes.... I've bought most of the guns the last few years at gun shows and online- split about 50/50, but doing the deal in person gives me a bigger reward to be able to talk to the person and hold the item in my hands before plunking down my cash.

As to the ignoramus who thinks calling us boomers is a slur- I assure you most of us boomers take it as a badge of honor. It wasn't easy getting to this age to become a cantankerous old fart and many of us take pride in our arrival. Some of our acquaintances weren't so lucky. Also, we've seen an awful lot that the younger generation is missing out on because they have their noses stuck in their phones all day while the world passes them by... My hope is anyone using this as a derisive term lives to be a boomer and looks back to see how foolish they sounded....
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Gun Show Math - 05/24/22
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Funny. I feel the same way.

PS- You only left out the where and with whom..

smile

There are a couple of restrictions on the “with whom”. No dancing girls, ex-wives, or Happy Ending Technicians allowed, singly or in combination.
Originally Posted by Sheister
My buddy and I call it the "I don't want to sell it price" for guys who just like to show up and use their wares to lure guys in to BS with for a little while. I've met a lot of older guys (like me) at the gun shows who were a hoot but I would never buy what they were selling at the prices they had marked. Once in a while you will find that old guy with the prices you thought were high and by time you got done talking either your idea of his high prices has changed or he has come down enough to make a deal... and so it goes.... I've bought most of the guns the last few years at gun shows and online- split about 50/50, but doing the deal in person gives me a bigger reward to be able to talk to the person and hold the item in my hands before plunking down my cash.

As to the ignoramus who thinks calling us boomers is a slur- I assure you most of us boomers take it as a badge of honor. It wasn't easy getting to this age to become a cantankerous old fart and many of us take pride in our arrival. Some of our acquaintances weren't so lucky. Also, we've seen an awful lot that the younger generation is missing out on because they have their noses stuck in their phones all day while the world passes them by... My hope is anyone using this as a derisive term lives to be a boomer and looks back to see how foolish they sounded....

Sheister, the clowns that call us boomers thinking it's an insult don't understand how hard we're laughing at them. They still don't understand that their mortality is looming and that many of them will not make it to where we are. Secondly, Jealousy is a very powerful human emotion.
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Gun Show Math - 05/24/22
My hope is anyone using this as a derisive term lives to be a boomer and looks back to see how foolish they sounded....

Originally Posted by hillestadj
My hope is anyone using this as a derisive term lives to be a boomer and looks back to see how foolish they sounded....

Actually not. What I believe he's trying to say is he hopes they live long enough to be a boomer. Unfortunately, many of them will not. Us boomers still alive have long lists of friends and acquaintances that did not make it this far.
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Gun Show Math - 05/24/22
How can one born outside of the Baby Boomer generation become a boomer?
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Gun Show Math - 05/24/22
Landlord logic coming right up
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: Gun Show Math - 05/24/22
Originally Posted by CashisKing
...and your posts are rich and fertile soil where many seeds are laid.

Sounds like a line from that old joke (how sh|t happens)

And the Managers went unto their Directors saying,
"It is a vessel of fertilizer, and none may abide by its strength."

And the Directors spoke among themselves saying to one another,
"It contains that which aids plants growth, and it is very strong."
Posted By: Sheister Re: Gun Show Math - 05/24/22

I take it metaphor isn't your strong point?

Continue sucking air.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Gun Show Math - 05/24/22

Haven't you seen the TV commercials for Progressive, the ones about becoming your parents?
Posted By: smokepole Re: Gun Show Math - 05/24/22
Originally Posted by deflave

Yes but that most likely has nothing to do with gun shows.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Gun Show Math - 05/24/22
Paulcovtard got his tention ho thread.

Dirtball2 ain't gonna be ignored.

Surprised Db2 hasn't figured out a way ta work 2 wheels inta his ho act.
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Gun Show Math - 05/25/22

I take it metaphor isn't your strong point?

© 24hourcampfire