Home
Including a helicopter that's been making a low figure eight over us for an hour now. Multiple Sheriff's squad vehicles slow driving around and around, down this street, then up the next, then over again.

I was walking my dog when this was going on, and thought to wave one down to ask, but decided to try a google search for my town and police activity on my iPhone, but nothing came up. Is there an easy way to figure out what's going on short of calling the Sheriff's Department? I guess I should get one of those police radios.
Gator got loose.

It’s Florida.
TRH check here.

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/stid/12
My concern is an escaped desperado, or two, or three.
Paybacks are hell for dissing my "Polex" smile
You can bet "Florida man" is involved.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Paybacks are hell for dissing my "Polex" smile
Oh, so it was you. grin
Always makes one feel secure when they provide no information/warning to the neighborhood in question.
A group was formed in this area a few years ago due to significant number of burglaries and had worked well with Sheriff's office.

Well except when the two from Alabama dumped their first car here, was towed and impounded, and no one even knew who it belonged to for over a week.
Originally Posted by smokepole

lolololol
Uh-oh. A Republican has an unpaid parking ticket. Find him!
Originally Posted by smokepole
Almost invariably. grin
Surely your local PD has a non-emergency number you can call...
Just walk out in the street with a donut in your hand, one of them will stop and you can ask him
Have you been using an ISP?
A crack down on shower guns.... grin
I sure don’t miss living in Jax ! I think you’re down in Orange Hades but same difference as living on the Westside. I had the helicopter over my house all the time and fleets of police cars running up and down the street every couple of days. They chased one Dan into my back yard in the wee hours of the morning once. Tazed the chit out of him and the dog ate his arse up ! I came out my back door to see what all the noise was about and the cops screamed at me to go back inside. I didn’t appreciate them ordering me around in my own home but it wasn’t worth the fight.
Don't call in.

Look stuff up online or listen to dispatch calls on the radio. When you call in you are tying up personnel that may be needed during a critical incident.

Imagine having a dispatcher miss a phone call from a victim (who only has a few second window to make a call), or solid info coming in on another line because they were tied up on another line. That happens.
Amber alert?
last time that happened in my neighborhood a bear came thru
They're looking for a Jan.6 protester.
Hell i thought everyone had choppers flying over their place, and Cops And Border Patrol, driving around counting ILLEGALS. Rio7
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Amber alert?
Do you subscribe to Amber Alert? I have thought that people who would kidnap children would subscribe so they would get a heads up on when law enforcement had realized the kid was gone. Not saying you would kidnap a child.
Originally Posted by Hastings
Amber alert?
Do you subscribe to Amber Alert? I have thought that people who would kidnap children would subscribe so they would get a heads up on when law enforcement had realized the kid was gone. Not saying you would kidnap a child.
No, you sound like one of those title 18 and title 42 violating federal employees that sow disinformation and commit defamation. How many times have you been sued in your personal capacity Hastings?
I disabled my amber alerts

Lil Ray-Ray getting ‘kidnapped’ by his biological dad isn’t always such a bad thing. And I dayum sure don’t need to know about it at 2:27 AM
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
My concern is an escaped desperado, or two, or three.

Remson did pen that open letter to the FBI, they are probably raiding the neighbors house that you have been stealing internet from grin
Originally Posted by Remsen
That exact scene came to mind while on my walk.
Amber alert?
No, you are just one of those title 18 and title 42 violating federal employees that sow disinformation and commit defamation. How many times have you been sued in your personal capacity Hastings?

LOL, happy going all Perry Mason. Look up the definition of defamation happy. And by the way, Hastings is one of the most level-headed guys on here, if you get on his wrong side, you earned it.
Originally Posted by RIO7
Hell i thought everyone had choppers flying over their place, and Cops And Border Patrol, driving around counting ILLEGALS. Rio7

George Strait flies over every once in a while.
Originally Posted by rainshot
LOL.
Originally Posted by 3584ELK
Surely your local PD has a non-emergency number you can call...

Not.

You tie up dispatcher and other resources during an emergency.
Originally Posted by slumlord
I disabled my amber alerts

Lil Ray-Ray getting ‘kidnapped’ by his biological dad isn’t always such a bad thing. And I dayum sure don’t need to know about it at 2:27 AM
Same.
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
They chased one Dan into my back yard in the wee hours of the morning once. Tazed the chit out of him and the dog ate his arse up ! I came out my back door to see what all the noise was about and the cops screamed at me to go back inside. I didn’t appreciate them ordering me around in my own home but it wasn’t worth the fight.
Same exact thing happened to me about 12 years ago. I was in my house with my elderly Pitbull (sick with cancer at the time), and I heard outside what sounded like police radio chatter. I thought I was imagining it at first, but then it happened again. I opened my front door and there's a [bleep] of cops just outside my front fence, all tacced up, ARs, etc., and a police dog with handler. They motion for me to go back inside, then they all jump the fence and run into my backyard shouting commands to drop the weapon, get down on the ground, etc..

Apparently, my next door neighbor (who had recently been burglarized twice in one year, and finally got a burglar alarm system hooked up to the police) had just been burglarized again, and the silent alarm alerted police, who came immediately to investigate in large numbers (I know, surprising).

So they caught a three boy (15-17 year olds) team (three youths of African origin, as they say in Australia). One of them, however, ran and jumped my fence from my neighbor's backyard to enter my backyard and hide under my shed, which is why the cops were running back there. They caught all three, and they served a few years in jail.

I sure regretted agreeing to give the police my phone number, because for about five years I'd get automated calls from the police at all hours of the night (even like 3:00 AM) updating me on the status of all three of them, and no way to opt out. They said it was because I was listed as one of the victims, since it was a criminal trespass into my backyard.

Anyway, it occurred to me at the time of the incident, that had my dog been in the yard, instead of in his bed sick that day, they'd likely have shot him, because he would not likely have approved of a strange dog jumping the fence into his yard.

Winner, winner......
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Gator got loose.

It’s Florida.

Gator McKlusky broke out of jail I'm thinkin'.
One cold rainy night I heard a knock on the door at about 2AM. Got up and lo there was a Sherriff's deputy standing there asking if everyone was all right. I said yeah but you look like you're up against it walking around at 2AM checking people. He said "had any trouble with your phone"? Yeah I sez the cable's wet. That's it he replied. When that happens the phone mutilates digits and somehow gets a 911 call with no answer. We have to come out to check.
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by RIO7

George Strait flies over every once in a while.

He looking for ranch hands???
Amber alert?
Not going to say he wouldn’t kidnap a child either.
Originally Posted by ironbender
Amber alert?
Not going to say he wouldn’t kidnap a child either.

Careful!

He'll sue your ass off for defamation of an unknown troll! laugh laugh
2 nights ago we had a military helicopter flying so low I thought he was landing on the front lawn. An hour later another one came over lower and my wife said her chair was vibrating and the rotor wash was coming through the window….at 3am. 🙄
sorry man......

just another day in Podunk

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
stream water off the 11K' mountain is at 37*

perfect to keep beer cold

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Probably feral negroes on the loose.
Was a Ruckus involved?…
Must have a desperado on the run
........Either that or somebody spoke up at the local school board meeting.... That's now domestic terrorism.
Scanner radio app...it's free for your phone.
did you try running out into the street and firing a shot in the air? nows a great time to tell the local patrol makin his rounds about the crazy eyed negro in the green truck
Amber alert?
No, you sound like one of those title 18 and title 42 violating federal employees that sow disinformation and commit defamation. How many times have you been sued in your personal capacity Hastings?
Actually I was sued twice for defamation during my career. In neither case was I found guilty or liable for damages. In one case I charged a local nut case for killing a deer unlawfully, a doe when only antlered bucks were legal. And since he killed the deer in question the judge said that the case being mentioned in the local news was not defamation. The other was a convicted child molester that blocked a road I was trying to go down and I told him to get his ass out of the way that I wasn't scared of him like those little girls he had molested. Again, since I didn't accuse him of something false that case was thrown out without a trial.
Nighborhood

Very clever.
Originally Posted by High_Noon

where the hell is that LIKE button
Originally Posted by LeakyWaders
Cool. Thanks. I will look into it.

Have you found out what’s going on?
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Have you found out what’s going on?
Nope. It stopped going on a couple of hours after my opening post.
This started yesterday and it’s still going on in your hood?

Where do you live....Mayberry?

🦫
Originally Posted by tikkanut

LOL ! Floriduh Feral Negroes. 😜
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by tikkanut

LOL ! Floriduh Feral Negroes. 😜

remember......

saw a negro once passing through Podunk....

Knew he was a tourist....seemed like a nice guy.......

Arkansas plates
Originally Posted by Beaver10
This started yesterday and it’s still going on in your hood?

Where do you live....Mayberry?

🦫

Started about 11:30 AM this morning (well, that's when I went outside and first noticed it), and lasted a couple of hours. I live in a small neighborhood just north of a one-traffic-light rural town in north/central Florida.
Actually..........

just last week

Just north of I 70 MP 99 exit...middle of BFE

Saw an outta state box truck stopped in the middle of the 2 lane road...hmmmm

Pulled up along side.....

Young negro asks.......hey man ? have any water or coolant ? Hmmmmm

50 fuggin miles from nowhere......loaded SA Hellcat w/15 rd mag in under my shirt

Sure man....gave him a gallon of coolant & a mechanic phone #

This stretch of I 70 from MP 56 to MP 155...watch UR azz......

Stay alert !!
“They” we’re just measuring how long it would take to hit 24hourcampfire. Future reference.
Amber alert?

I’m sure crappy hamper has all the rules memorized for finding I mean hearing about kids.
Lived in a neighborhood til I was 17. Would never do it again.
Nice being able to piss in the yard and shoot guns off the deck.
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Lived in a neighborhood til I was 17. Would never do it again.
It's not exactly that type of neighborhood. More the rural version of one. The family across the street has like fifty acres behind their house, and they hunt deer on it with rifles. See what I mean? Not a cookie cutter type of neighborhood. Each house and property varies wildly. Just a couple of blocks north of me is where the cattle ranching starts. I can hear cattle from my front porch. The cops patrolling around were County Sheriff's Office Deputies. We don't have a police force, other than them.

Those were my 2 biggest requirements when we were looking for houses 10+ years ago. I figured that if those were my 2 requirements then my wife would take care of the stuff she’d be choosing anyway. 😂

Those were my 2 biggest requirements when we were looking for houses 10+ years ago. I figured that if those were my 2 requirements then my wife would take care of the stuff she’d be choosing anyway. 😂

I like the way you fellers think.

I like the way you fellers think.
Where else would you allow yourself to live?
© 24hourcampfire