Home
Posted By: shootem The Infamous Open Door….. - 05/31/22
Never mind multimil $$$ budget items. Doors can be wired with alarms. Door not shut for selected time, then audible/visual alarms. Legitimate movement of bodies thru the door, alarms disabled while coded key within range. That is, there must be an authorized key holder within say Bluetooth range. That puts the authority figure in close proximity to the door. What did I miss?
Posted By: Tarkio Re: The Infamous Open Door….. - 05/31/22
Our small rural school has all doors closed and locked.

I don't get it either.
Too simple
We visited my wife's aunt in a nursing home, they run a tight ship.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: The Infamous Open Door….. - 05/31/22
Schools, governments, and people can do everything right 99.9% of the time and it only takes that .01% for the bad guy to get lucky. Like a teacher going to her car to get her cell phone and propping a door open. That was about the dumbest move I have ever seen by trained "professional". Next to waiting 40 minutes in a hallway.

kwg
Kids in the high school where I taught for 20-somwthing years learned to wedge textbooks, or even pebbles into the door jambs to keep the panic bars from locking the doors to outside entry. City fire codes prevented disabling fire exits, and the school had over 100 fire doors. Kids would disable the automatic locks to let their drug pushers roam the halls disguised as students. Try controlling 3000+ high school brats sometime!
In a free society the only real defense is the individual being ready to fight back. Locks, doors and bars can all be defeated by a determined attacker.
Any time a locked door is the shortest way between point A and point B, people are gonna prop it open.

Only way to stop it is have an alarm.
IMO,
1) An armed SRO should open the school for business each morning.
2) An armed SRO should also shut the school down every afternoon.
3) There should be a armed SRO on school grounds AT ALL TIMES! If a SRO wants/needs to leave the school grounds, it is their responsibility to see that their vacancy is covered.

Not sure about other states or other cities.
It is the responsibility of the school district to hire/pay their SRO.
The SRO is "licensed" under the local PD. (the same way a RN can treat a patient under a doctors medical license)

Harrold ISD in north Texas has had armed teachers and bus drivers for about 10 to 15 years now. Harrold ISD is 45 minutes from the nearest law enforcement office.
Nobody knows who or where armed staff is.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Any time a locked door is the shortest way between point A and point B, people are gonna prop it open.

How about a school district policy? You block a locked door open, you're fired!
Originally Posted by Moto_Vita

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Schools must be run that way!!! Otherwise who ever blocks the door is involved in the crime, wittingly or unwittingly.
Timeline of the shooting.

https://areaocho.com/timeline/
I don't remember seeing it mentioned
anywhere, but it was probably the "smoker's door "

Some years ago my mother worked at a
nursing home, and that was what the employees
did, prop a door open for the benefit of those
that could sneak back for a couple of puffs.
That stopped when a few of the elderly people
decided to waltz on out to who knows where.
Then they had a detector of some kind that sounded
an alarm when one of the special bracelet wearing
residents would try to pass. An elderly woman
defeated that by stripping everything from her
body, bracelet clothes underwear and all and
running naked out the door and out through the
neighborhood

More than a few places I've worked had
" smoker's doors" propped open when they
were supposed to be securely locked.
Those sliding security grates too.
Some schools have an open campus with multiple buildings. Kids travel between buildings each hour when the bell rings. Not as easy as it sounds to keep all doors locked and guarded. Warmer climates typically have schools like this. The Uvalde school may have also been this way. Schools I attended in California were like this back in the day.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: The Infamous Open Door….. - 05/31/22
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Kids in the high school where I taught for 20-somwthing years learned to wedge textbooks, or even pebbles into the door jambs to keep the panic bars from locking the doors to outside entry. City fire codes prevented disabling fire exits, and the school had over 100 fire doors. Kids would disable the automatic locks to let their drug pushers roam the halls disguised as students. Try controlling 3000+ high school brats sometime!
It was only 1500 in my case and we only had about 20 doors to watch.

kwg
Originally Posted by rickt300
In a free society the only real defense is the individual being ready to fight back. Locks, doors and bars can all be defeated by a determined attacker.
Agree 100%. Seems as though most teachers are liberal, and wouldn't be armed if they had the option. I have a half sister that's a teacher and I know she wouldn't tote a handgun. She sure complained about citizens having (weapons of war). I told her perp could have done same thing with a pump shotgun and his pockets full of shells.
Posted By: JPro Re: The Infamous Open Door….. - 05/31/22
I've said the same thing for years. Grandpa's 100yr-old Model 12 shotgun with no plug is plenty deadly when you know you aren't going to run into anybody else with a gun. So is a 150yr old lever gun. It's not the availability of the equipment that's the problem, but instead the disturbed mind with evil intent. We all know that.
Posted By: 700LH Re: The Infamous Open Door….. - 05/31/22
https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-sc...closed-door-gunman-entered-propping-open

BeyondWords
A lawyer for a Uvalde teacher that the Texas Department of Public Safety says left a door ajar just before a gunman entered Robb Elementary School is contesting that timeline, saying that the teacher actually closed the door as she called 911 when she saw there was an active shooter.

Looks like from that article, the teacher accused of leaving the door propped opened has “lawyered up”.
He or she probably needs a armed bodyguard if they still reside in Uvalde.
The problem is everybody is chirping about gun control. "Sensible Gun Control". There is no sensible gun control. Why not focus on hardening the schools? That won't help either because we've lost our culture. This didn't happen fifty years ago. There was the Whitman attack at UT in Austin from the bell tower. With all the maniac agenda items the democrats and atheists push like gender identity, LGBT, abortion, etc. life is becoming less important. Antifa and BLM kill with impunity and the media blames it on everybody but the perp. We need to be rid of the democrat party and most republicans holding office now.
The City of Uvalde and the CISD & CISD Police have stopped cooperating with Texas Rangers investigating...

It seems when the DPS shed light on the timelines and who was in charge of everything, they have shut up, stopped cooperating and lawyered up.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/uvalde-texas-police-school-shooting-cooperation

Uvalde, Texas police cooperating with state in school shooting probe, district PD chief not responding

Pete Arredondo, the Uvalde school district police chief, has reportedly not responded to Texas Rangers in two days for a follow-up interview.

While the Uvalde, Texas police department and local school district police have cooperated with state Department of Public Safety investigators into the massacre that killed 19 children and two teachers at an elementary school and the law enforcement response, the chief of the school police has not responded to a request for a follow-up interview.

The Uvalde Police Department and Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District police force have been talking to authorities, a Texas Department of Public Safety spokesman said.

Local authorities have come under pressure since a Friday press conference in which Steven McCraw, the head of the Texas Department of Public Safety, said the delayed police response to the mass shooting was "the wrong decision."

Pete Arredondo, the Uvalde school district police chief, has not responded to Texas Rangers in two days for a follow-up interview from his initial statements following the shooting, a DPS spokesperson told Fox News in a statement.

"The Uvalde Police Department and Uvalde CISD Police have been cooperating with investigators," the statement said. "The chief of the Uvalde CISD Police provided an initial interview but has not responded to a request for a followup interview with the Texas Rangers that was made two days ago."

Arredondo reportedly made the decision to not immediately confront suspected shooter Salvador Ramos, 18, at Robb Elementary School during his rampage last week. Authorities waited in a school hallway for nearly 50 minutes before breaching a classroom door.

McCraw said that Arredondo thought the situation had transitioned from an active shooter to a barricaded subject, and that they had time to wait for tactical equipment and keys to unlock the classroom's door.

The police response as well as the flow of inaccurate information by law enforcement in the days after have generated criticism from parents of the victims as well as officials who had praised authorities immediately afterward.

Lt. Gov. Patrick told Fox News on Saturday that law enforcement's choice not to immediately confront the shooter was a "bad decision, and that decision cost lives."

"No one mentioned the fact that there was this 45 minute-to-an-hour hold by the chief of the police of the school district while there were still shots being fired," Patrick said.
It sounds like a lawyer's dream.
All a lock does is keep an honest person honest.
Originally Posted by kwg020
Schools, governments, and people can do everything right 99.9% of the time and it only takes that .01% for the bad guy to get lucky. Like a teacher going to her car to get her cell phone and propping a door open. That was about the dumbest move I have ever seen by trained "professional". Next to waiting 40 minutes in a hallway.

kwg
Too fat to walk around the building to get back in.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

kwg
Too fat to walk around the building to get back in.

Wouldn’t surprise me. The evening news said the teacher went outside to get food.
Hopefully it wasn’t for a damn smoke break.

How do fire a student?
Did the classroom have shatterproof windows?
As a retired state trooper and now a school police officer , something is not right w this. In my school the teachers just don’t walk away from their class rooms and open doors. Every door in my building has an alarm that is sent to no less than 3 ppl when the door is open. Lots happened here I can not understand.
Posted By: gunzo Re: The Infamous Open Door….. - 06/01/22
The door... amongst so many other details... stink up the whole scenario.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
It sounds like a lawyer's dream.

It sounds like a Federalo's dream.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: The Infamous Open Door….. - 06/01/22
FullFan--maybe the teacher didn't have a class that period or was on a "prep period".
Now they are saying the door wasn’t propped open, it was shut - but not locked. Seems like some CYA stuff going on.
Surprising. Secure doors generally will lock to prevent outside entry but allow exit from inside for fire code etc. Doubt the door could be opened from the outside unless the latching mechanism did not engage, i.e. the door was never really shut. It couldn’t shut without locking.
Posted By: 45_100 Re: The Infamous Open Door….. - 06/01/22
Originally Posted by Stammster
Now they are saying the door wasn’t propped open, it was shut - but not locked. Seems like some CYA stuff going on.

It is harder to hit a moving target.

Still no word on who that dumb fugk teacher was.
Originally Posted by 45_100
Originally Posted by Stammster

It is harder to hit a moving target.

Lying. Trying to keep that teacher from getting killed.

He should be stoned to death.
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Schools must be run that way!!! Otherwise who ever blocks the door is involved in the crime, wittingly or unwittingly.

Bingo!!!

Even stupid ass teachers could figure that out.
Posted By: 700LH Re: The Infamous Open Door….. - 06/01/22
How do we know if the door was open or not?

LE has lied so their say so is worthless.

kwg

Its no coincidence that 0.01% schiett keeps happening over and over again.

So what if the freaking door didnt close and lock, if the cops had charged in less kids would have bled out.
Why were the cops told to stand down with kids calling and shots being fired. Such stupidity isnt a coincidence, its planned and fabricated.
They have manufactured excuses to protect the teacher and SRO.
Where is video of the back door?

How did perp know to go to the back door and no others? He didnt even try the front door.

Just for once try and take the 40,000 ft view and connect sone dots.

There are NO COINCIDENCES
Originally Posted by Fullfan
As a retired state trooper and now a school police officer , something is not right w this. In my school the teachers just don’t walk away from their class rooms and open doors. Every door in my building has an alarm that is sent to no less than 3 ppl when the door is open. Lots happened here I can not understand.

Well, dont disagree with the MSM and official BS line.
Youll be classified as a conspiracy theorist.

Not me. I think a martian just happened by and opened that door.
Im.thinking someone is going to get to the truth about this and i think some folks are going to be found to have had some relatives get some huge unexplained cash advances, as did the perp.

Like his last and later deleted Tweet said

"The Biggest Opps"

"Kids be scared irl".

A blind hog would consider that a clue.
The liars in charge can't get all their lies about the shooting and response to mesh. They are on their 3rd try now. How did a high school kid working part time afford that much equipment? He had 2 ARs, and one was a top dollar rifle, 1600 rounds of ammo and body armor. Was he planning this for months and saving up? If so, is there any evidence he did?

They pat you down for your “church piece” ?
Originally Posted by slumlord

They pat you down for your “church piece” ?

[Linked Image from ]

Great ol weeeestern with Robert Mitchum ( i think ).
Posted By: Chisos Re: The Infamous Open Door….. - 06/01/22
Originally Posted by gunzo
The door... amongst so many other details... stink up the whole scenario.

I'm leaning toward the school and/or the teacher got complacent as it was said they have experienced at least 43 lockdowns this year due to Bidens wetback invasion coming through Uvalde.
Why weren't all the doors to the classrooms locked? They kept the police out, but not the shooter.
The govt or the govt is paying someone to capture ,collect, listen and track everything everyone does. They know who everyone is. They know who is a criminal and who is dangerous. They don't care or they would do something about it. They only want to further their agenda. Eliminating guns in the hands of citizens. for what they are planning for later is on the agenda.
And protecting children is a great excuse for restricting guns.
If they cared about school children School busses would have seat belts.
If they cared about children Abortion wouldn't be their Rallying cry. Formula would be available.
I could care less if a teacher propped the door open or not. The fact is that the crime was committed by a bad guy who broke a whole schnaggety of laws to finish his act.

If the teacher was paid to do this....then things change.

Every school has panic bars and windows close enough to them to operate from the outside. When I priced ballistic glass for our facility and the prevailing wage to install it....you're looking at several thousand dollars per windows. A window to the office with a pass through in ballistic glass is close to a new truck with the total costs.

It's simple,

We start hanging these perps up in town square the same day they do this chit and let the birds clean the carcasses. These guys do this because they're scared and seeking attention. They can get that attention in town square.
Originally Posted by high_country_
It's simple,

We start hanging these perps up in town square the same day they do this chit and let the birds clean the carcasses. These guys do this because they're scared and seeking attention. They can get that attention in town square.
Yes, give them the attention and the fame they seek. Good plan.
Open door or not still..
First .. mass shootings defined as:
FOUR or more shot and killed in a single event [incident], at the same general time and location, not including the shooter," differentiating between mass shooting .

Found discrepancies in the odds of being in a mass shooting or killed in a mass shooting I should say , anywhere from one in 4 million to one and 100 million.. in the US
This was in the US. Also the odds of being struck by lightning in the US is 1 in 500,000...
Bingo! There's a reason the right to keep and bear arms was thought important enough to be number two in the Bill of Rights. It was well understood that an armed society was a peaceful society.
Posted By: joken2 Re: The Infamous Open Door….. - 06/01/22
The only possible way I can see for dealing with an 'open door/window' with a (hopefully) quick response is an electronic sensor at each and every door/window connected to a manned central location with audio and a visual floor plan 'map' that shows exact locations of every door/window and alerts showing location of any not closed securely and locked.
Originally Posted by Longbob
Why weren't all the doors to the classrooms locked? They kept the police out, but not the shooter.

There was an end-of-year awards ceremony that morning, many attending parents picked up their kids afterwards. We know that one teacher left his room open so parents and kids could pick up backpacks etc before they left. We also get that the classrooms the shooter occupied were connected. Maybe one of them was that room.

We also hear now that the infamous outside door was one used commonly by parents picking up/dropping off kids. On that day maybe it was left unlocked.

Time should tell.
Posted By: las Re: The Infamous Open Door….. - 06/01/22
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Agree 100%. Seems as though most teachers are liberal, and wouldn't be armed if they had the option. I have a half sister that's a teacher and I know she wouldn't tote a handgun. She sure complained about citizens having (weapons of war). I told her perp could have done same thing with a pump shotgun and his pockets full of shells.

I was at a local teacher/classified inservice couple decades back, and the local LEO addressing this subject said, to effect, "lock down and cower".

At the time there were no SRO in the schools.

"Quote: "We can be here in two minutes."

For once in my life I kept my mouth shut and did not point out that:

1. In two minutes, I can fire and reload a bolt action or pump firearm at least a dozen times. Probably closer to 20. How much additional time is it going to take the cops that arrive in whatever time frame to gain intel, get organized (wait for backup???), and access the shooter? Semi-autos with even 10 round magazines with extra mags carried, puts that into the several dozens of shots , minimum. Ditto bolt actions with extra "clips". smile

I was not reassured. Several years later we had a potential wild parent situation. All 5 doors in the small school I was at were kept locked. I suspect the principal, a former Miss Alaska, hunter, and shooter, may have had a piece on campus, against district policy. I suspect she may have suspected the same of me. It was never discussed.

Against school district policy, ya know? It came to nothing, however.

Unless there is an armed person at hand, the quickest the perp can be stopped is likely no less than 10 minutes under the above conditions.

That's a lot of shooting time!

IMO, the proper response to the Virginia Tech shooter was for everyone to attack as soon as he came through the clasroom door, with thrown.books, cell phones, backpacks, and in person. Panic and passivity just didn't cut it.
Posted By: Teal Re: The Infamous Open Door….. - 06/01/22
I'm not sold on "armed SRO in the school helps" on this. You had an entire armed DEPARTMENT and they waited. And while you could ask someone on an interview "you willing to go in?" - you never know just what they'll really do when the shots come.

It's a solution but it's not a silver bullet with a guarantee - all I'm saying.

The reality is - too many shooters are "known to LEO" before this happens. Too often things that are mental illnesses can't be called that because "it's discriminatory" - well yeah, it should be. Call a spade a spade.
Posted By: 45_100 Re: The Infamous Open Door….. - 06/01/22
Originally Posted by Teal
The reality is - too many shooters are "known to LEO" before this happens. Too often things that are mental illnesses can't be called that because "it's discriminatory" - well yeah, it should be. Call a spade a spade.

It does seem like most of these murderers are known to law enforcement and "on the radar".
© 24hourcampfire