Home

When I heard he was looking for a specific MD, this was my first thought.
Wonder why he didn't just go buy some heroin off the street. The other day I heard on the radio that you can become addicted to opioids in 5 days. I've had one shot of Demerol in my life and I can see why someone could fall in love with that stuff.
Not me!

God, I hate opioids. Codiene, and percocet pack up my bowels like concrete. A tiny bit of morphine gives me haucinations from Hell.

Loaded up on morphine, I could almost believe a Happy Camper diatribe.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Not me!
God, I hate opioids. Codiene, and percocet pack up my bowels like concrete. A tiny bit of morphine gives me haucinations from Hell.
I can't take opioids either. Stop me up also. That Demerol shot 40 years ago gave me visions and the 15 minute ride home from the ER seemed like 2 hours in a euphoric cloud. At one point I was floating above a huge herd of horses.
I've never gotten addicted to opioids, and have used them for injuries several times.
Not me!

None of those do a thing for me. Even my doctor was amazed. Gave me enough to hook an entire trailer park - never really touched the pain and I didn't have any "craving" for it at all. All it did was make me feel like crap, not high.
that S&W 40 is a good gun. so I've been told.
Opes make me mean as hell and keep me awake feeling mean.

Do as little as possible of em when prescribed for pain after a operation.
Originally Posted by Teal
Not me!

None of those do a thing for me. Even my doctor was amazed. Gave me enough to hook an entire trailer park - never really touched the pain and I didn't have any "craving" for it at all. All it did was make me feel like crap, not high.

Yeah, "feel like crap" and not be able to crap.... a bad combination.

The shooter passed a background check to buy firearms, he maybe didn't know any illegal sources for narcotics. No excuse for what he did but we have a very broken pain management system. It went from docs having to always ask for a 1 to 10 pain rating and then prescribe for "patient comfort" to unless it's terminal cancer you have to be very tight fisted with pain meds.... Not good for either honest patients in real need or the docs trying to treat them.
Not me!

Pretty much the same for me. If Motrin or Aleve won’t help it, I’ll just hurt.
The federales had this guy hopped up on something, this much we know.
Have had to do the Vicodin route a few times with my bad back. Secret for me is taking colace once a day. I didn’t do that the first time and got locked up. Trying to push out a loaf of bread with a herniated disc is no fun.

Clyde
No we don't "know that". Ever had severe back pain?
Everybody that does this chit has a motive ....but being " pain meds" and being black gives him an excuse?

Sweep this one under the rug or get some white kid to pull such a stunt to be a better part of the agenda.
Fentanyl is amazing stuff
Not me!

I would love to be high, pain free and not have to worry about explosive diarrhea the 12 miles between the mexican dive and the home kohler.

There are those times I would desire to run Mr Earl and Mrs Edna Earl off into the deep ravine for doing 32 mph in a 55.
Opes cork me up, dont do much else.
Morphine just makes my stomach slightly funky.
Dealt w nasty pain for 3 yrs straight.
Kinda got used to it, since it was constant.

Off and on, reckon nobody adjust to that.

Thankfully mine ended after 3 yrs.

Now i just have old age/ arthritis BS. Annoying, only OTC that works, allergic.

So i just tolerate it. Thinking about seeing a rhumatologist
Steroid shot in shoulder had me cranky w headache yesterday. Dunno if that normal.
Arbys resolves any ill effects of Opiate Induced Constipation.

That or Golden Corral double frosted carrot cake
The new treatment model for people with extreme pain, chronic or acute, is a failure that not only hurts the patient but it hurts society as well. With an open border and illegal drugs flowing into this country like water every single day there’s absolutely NOTHING that the doctors are doing that’s positive. Restricting one’s access to medication that’s needed doesn’t prevent addicts it CREATES them! The ability to obtain fentanyl is at historic highs. It’s readily available, cheap and much more powerful than most people need yet it’s oftentimes the “only alternative” when they’re dealing with extreme pain and the doctors are ignoring the needs of their patients. If someone is faced with extreme pain and their choices are deal with the pain and days upon days of not sleeping or buy some fentanyl and get some relief and sleep because your doctor is ignoring you….that ain’t much of a choice.

Until we decide to protect our border and stem the flow of drugs coming across the southern border all the drug laws and policies are worthless window dressing. The government is creating and feeding addicts.
Originally Posted by hookeye
Steroid shot in shoulder had me cranky w headache yesterday. Dunno if that normal.

Prednisone is famous for causing crankiness in patients.
I thought it might be a worthwhile reason like taking a family member off the organ recipients list for not having a Covid shot.
I can see it coming now, new red flag "pain"
Originally Posted by renegade50
Opes make me mean as hell and keep me awake feeling mean.

Do as little as possible of em when prescribed for pain after a operation.

Gotta drink vodka with them to take the edge off. So the neighbor says.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by hookeye

Prednisone is famous for causing crankiness in patients.

I had a weeks worth scrip for Prednisone a handful of years ago. Once that stuff ramped up I felt like superman, felt 30 years younger. I understand Pred is risky for the heart though.
Ive been on the pred daily for 6 years

It’s amazing Im not an ass hole already

Ren50 be calming me down here in town…calm the fugg out dude you takin chit too serious. 🤜🖕🏼🤛💀💀💀
The new treatment model for people with extreme pain, chronic or acute, is a failure that not only hurts the patient but it hurts society as well. With an open border and illegal drugs flowing into this country like water every single day there’s absolutely NOTHING that the doctors are doing that’s positive. Restricting one’s access to medication that’s needed doesn’t prevent addicts it CREATES them! The ability to obtain fentanyl is at historic highs. It’s readily available, cheap and much more powerful than most people need yet it’s oftentimes the “only alternative” when they’re dealing with extreme pain and the doctors are ignoring the needs of their patients. If someone is faced with extreme pain and their choices are deal with the pain and days upon days of not sleeping or buy some fentanyl and get some relief and sleep because your doctor is ignoring you….that ain’t much of a choice.

Until we decide to protect our border and stem the flow of drugs coming across the southern border all the drug laws and policies are worthless window dressing. The government is creating and feeding addicts.

Stop making sense.

Not allowed any more.
Originally Posted by slumlord

Is that what makes you so mean?

I'll put in a request that you be sorta forgiven for your daily meanness.

Um, can we get a survey? cool
Arbys resolves any ill effects of Opiate Induced Constipation.

That or Golden Corral double frosted carrot cake

let's not forget the combo plate with a double order of refries instead of rice and refries.

and another secret to avoid feeling constipated and bloated...............

wild greens. Y'all down South prolly got some poke salad and such, Out West we have the wild lettuce and dandelions.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Where's the wild hickory nuts?

Ren50 be calming me down here in town…calm the fugg out dude you takin chit too serious. 🤜🖕🏼🤛💀💀💀
No one is supposed to be on Prednisone long term. Too many serious side effects. I was on it and it really helped me. But they couldn't keep me on it
The problem with our pain management is that it’s being run by the federal government through the DEA. We”over” treated pain at one point when the medical profession encouraged doctors to give out pain pills like candy at halloween and now the DEA will pull a doctor’s license and put them in prison if the patient isn’t in agony.
For me the whole need to get a prescription of medicine needs to go away. If you’re an adult you’re responsible for yourself. Get professional advice or wing it. The only role the government should have is regulating for purity. We’ll never succeed in stopping addictions. Drugs , gambling , adrenaline , you name it.
Dave, Excellent post. 👍
Gooberment restrictions killed those people.

I have someone close to me that lives in pain, it's unbelievable what hoops and costs they have to go thru to get prescription meds
This guy was a lunatic, it's about much more than pain pills.
The guy accused the doctor of screwing up his back surgery, had nothing to do with medication or prescriptions.

Phil
Originally Posted by moosemike
No one is supposed to be on Prednisone long term.
What about renal transplant patients…?
Originally Posted by Teal
Not me!

My experience as well. Pain meds are mostly ineffectual. The only thing that helps is to put me to sleep and hope the pain goes away while I'm under.
silver lining he got back at the medical community that has been [bleep] patients over for decades

i mean really, a doc lets a pt die, no big deal...but we are supposed to be outraged by a dude whacking a couple of quacks?
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Where's the wild hickory nuts?
Dude,

you've been up this way, or at least nearby in NV.

Only hickory trees I've seen around here are in the city park.
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
The problem with our pain management is that it’s being run by the federal government through the DEA. We”over” treated pain at one point when the medical profession encouraged doctors to give out pain pills like candy at halloween and now the DEA will pull a doctor’s license and put them in prison if the patient isn’t in agony.
For me the whole need to get a prescription of medicine needs to go away. If you’re an adult you’re responsible for yourself. Get professional advice or wing it. The only role the government should have is regulating for purity. We’ll never succeed in stopping addictions. Drugs , gambling , adrenaline , you name it.
Dave, Excellent post. 👍

You dudes are starting to sound a bit too "Libertarian" for some folks around here. shocked

(I'm not one of those folks, wink )
Originally Posted by gitem_12
silver lining he got back at the medical community that has been [bleep] patients over for decades
I mean really, a doc lets a pt die, no big deal...but we are supposed to be outraged by a dude whacking a couple of quacks?
That's one way of looking at it. Bet it caught the attention of the rest of the doctors there.
I sure wish I still had a buddy that worked for a med supply delivery place.

Gettin a bottle of nitrous dropped off for Football Sundays sure helped ease the pain if our team lost...................

and made us really happy when they won.

I sure could use some of that at night after a hard evening working the weed whacker or splitting maul.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I've never gotten addicted to opioids, and have used them for injuries several times.
I took a heavy dose of Hydrocodone every day for 3-4 years and quit it cold turkey without any problem. miles
Originally Posted by Hastings
I mean really, a doc lets a pt die, no big deal...but we are supposed to be outraged by a dude whacking a couple of quacks?
That's one way of looking at it. Bet it caught the attention of the rest of the doctors there.

I hope it catches the attention of legions of the arrogant foucks.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Gettin a bottle of nitrous dropped off for Football Sundays sure helped ease the pain if our team lost...................

I sure could use some of that at night after a hard evening working the weed whacker or splitting maul.
Hard difficult is that pussy pine crap to split anyway? 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🤡🤡

won't do any good. they know they are a much more protected cass than blacks.
Do as you wish, but nitrous occupies the same space on red blood cells as oxygen. Add N2O, decrease O2. That’s the reason for the head buzz. Oxygen starvation aka dying. FWIW. YMMV.
Jesus? Oh! Hey Jesus!! laffin

Hard difficult is that pussy pine crap to split anyway? 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🤡🤡

Juniper bub, juniper.

But, the pine I had delivered came already split. Wonderful idea!

And, I'm helping the Economy, donchano.
Originally Posted by shootem
Do as you wish, but nitrous occupies the same space on red blood cells as oxygen. Add N2O, decrease O2. That’s the reason for the head buzz. Oxygen starvation aka dying. FWIW. YMMV.
Really?

Damn, so alla them times I was in the dentist chair and they was givin me the happy gas I coulda seen the Pearly Gates?
won't do any good. they know they are a much more protected class than blacks.
Yes, it is exceptionally hard to win a malpractice case against a doctor but I'll bet this shooting spooked their mule. It is hard to protect yourself against a man in so much pain or addiction that he wants to die and kill whoever he blames for the problem.

You can blame big pharma, the pill mills etc. the pill mill clinics doctors were writing over 40,000 scripts a year. Amounting to well over 2 million pills. That’s OxyContin.. It was the states that finally cracked down on this, implementing database so addicted oxy users couldn’t drive all over town filling the script.
The hospitals themselves (especially the ER’s) were just as complicit as Big Pharma was. They were wanting ‘5’s on the Press-Ganey surveys that they were sending out to all of the patients at all costs; and if that meant giving opioids to all of the patients that demanded them in order to get those ‘5’s then that’s what the hospital administrators pressured the doctors (especially the ERMD’s) to do. It was all about the money. Not only to Big Pharma, but also to the hospitals, and to the doctors who worked in em’ (especially in the ER’s). Better patient satisfaction surveys influence reimbursement.
79S, I agree with you too. There’s enough blame to go around but I believe the bulk of the blame lies with politicians and big Pharma. Lawyers and irresponsible lawsuits don’t help anything except lining the pockets of ambulance chasers.
https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amend...pect-black-male-between-35-40-years-old/

There is a picture of a crazy looking Black guy here but the story says "not identified."?
Isn't blaming big pharma for drug abuse akin to blaming gun manufacturers for shootings because they make and promote what the public wants?
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

But.....but...drug use is a victimless crime....
Originally Posted by ingwe

Yep. “Those Folks” will be along shortly! 🤪🤪🤪
Been on and off hydrocodine the last 10yrs for a bad back. Major accident 12-7-20 and been on it every day now. Some days more some days less. Tried the oxy stuff and it doesn't work. I function fine but in daily pain. I do get edgy when it's about 36 hrs without a pill though. I'm trying my best to wean myself to the bare minimum. I put a lot of 18 hr days in farming and ranching.
Originally Posted by 700LH
Isn't blaming big pharma for drug abuse akin to blaming gun manufacturers for shootings because they make and promote what the public wants?

If you read about the marketing campaign Perdue pharma did. You have a different outlook on big pharma. They used this

In 1980, the New England Journal of Medicine published a four-sentence letter written by Jane Porter and Hershel Jick, M.D., describing addiction-related outcomes for the Boston University Medical Center’s patients who had been prescribed opioids. The letter states that out of the 11,000+ patients who received opioid medications, only two of them ever developed a dependence on the drug, and only one of these was a ‘major dependence’.

My back I really bad. L2 and L3 are going to be fused to already fused L4 and L5.
The pain I'm in is horrible.
When my back started acting up again last August, it was diagnosed as my IT band down my left leg.
Wrong .....
I was eating ibuprofen like candy.
Then an x ray showed my real problem.
I was given Tramadol (sp?). It did really nothing for me.
The day of my mri, the doc stopped me from working, and prescribed 5mg of oxtcodone every 4 to 6 hours, as needed for pain.
I've been on it almost 2 months now.
It doesn't make me loopy or high. It just makes the pain go away.
My feet and lower legs are swelled up, and I'm stupid now.
I only take a pill when the pain starts to get bad. I'm not to point I get antsy after 4 hours or watch the clock.
I'm making sure I don't get addicted to them.
It's a low dose, but from what they say. I can still get hooked.
Hope not....
I had a fall and landed hard on my butt 10 plus years ago... lots of back pain but the imaging didn't show anything that could be repaired. For 6 or 7 years I took a camping mattress when going to visit. Just couldn't sit up in a chair for more than a few minutes.

If I got propped up just right I might last a few hours traveling over straight roads. Went to see a new grand nephew about 4 years ago that was beyond my range. The pain level spiked and getting narcotic pain meds and a second opinion became a priority.

Traveling 3 hours to see a neurosurgeon was less than pleasant. When the nurse took my blood pressure her eyes got big and she said "we have a problem". My wife is a doc and told her my BP runs in the normal range but not when I was in severe pain from traveling.

After imaging done with a contrasting dye it turned out that I had a broken vertebrae a chunk of it was just floating around in there bumping up against my spinal cord at will. The neurosurgeon was impress with how little narcotic pain meds I'd used all those years....

There is a joke about the hypochondriac that finally died and they put, "See I told you I was sick" on his grave stone. I loved that punch line. They plucked out the floating bit of bone and put me back together with super glue. I'd say overall pain level is down maybe 60%. I still don't lift much or pull on stuff but over all life is better.

I sure wish the initial imaging had found the problem but medicine is not an exact science. If something just isn't working out invest in a second opinion. Leave the AR at home though.
Took 1 once after a 4 wheel wreck broke a bunch of bones. Never took anything after back surgery and hip replacement.
Wonder why he didn't just go buy some heroin off the street. The other day I heard on the radio that you can become addicted to opioids in 5 days. I've had one shot of Demerol in my life and I can see why someone could fall in love with that stuff.
I had cancer surgery in 1987. For 3-4 days I was given Demerol for the pain…..to this day I hate pain medications but I’d take an IV and a 55 gallon drum of Demerol.

After surgery I had 2 days of morphine, they took me off that and put me on Demerol because it was making me aggressive with the nurses, I was out of my head with that stuff and I don’t remember it.
Originally Posted by MarkWV
I had cancer surgery in 1987. For 3-4 days I was given Demerol for the pain…..to this day I hate pain medications but I’d take an IV and a 55 gallon drum of Demerol.

After surgery I had 2 days of morphine, they took me off that and put me on Demerol because it was making me aggressive with the nurses, I was out of my head with that stuff and I don’t remember it.

I made them take the Moriphine Drip away when I had back surgery. Made me hallucinate like crazy.

The Demerol was great stuff when I was passing a kidney stone ! 😬
Neurontin (gabapentin) is an anti-epileptic medication used to treat seizures. It is also used to manage chronic pain without narcotic medications.... One of the side effects can be a kind of disinhibition where the social filter between what you think and what you actually say out loud goes away.

Because my wife is a doc and she knew about this I didn't get in trouble for saying whatever I felt like saying to whoever I felt like saying it too... fortunately I didn't get beat up or shot while adjusting to the medication. I made a deal with my wife to rethink what I might be saying out in public when she pulled on her ear.....

It was kind of fun while it lasted
I like back in the early 2000s when they give you all the opioids you wanted I took what I needed and then kept the rest ...took them on hunting trips for years ! ...hell I don't remember using them up ..people getting hurt on hunting and snow snowgo trips used them up !
Pain can't be measured as,such, just ask on a scale, everyone has different threshholds. Wife has had L1 to L5 fused, multiple hips. There is no way she will ever be pain free. Oxycodone has to b e renewed every month
What we don't know is uf the surgeon did screw up. The official guideline now seems to be 3 days Pain med. Also no way to know If shooter followed protocol on exercise and not lifting
Been prescribed opioids type meds a few times and never could tell it really done much more than a good dose of Tylenol or leave never had the desire for more. Even had more pain shots and never had the desire for more either.
Now some of that stuff they put you out with, I've heard the same stuff that killed Michael Jackson, I could get used to that helps you sleep real good. LOL
[
Now some of that stuff they put you out with, I've heard the same stuff that killed Michael Jackson, I could get used to that helps you sleep real good. LOL[/quote]

I was chatting up the anesthesiologist just before getting my gallbladder taken out. I asked him what kind of drug he used. I don't remember the name of it now but it was the same one Jackson killed himself with. I mentioned that (I get real talkative when I'm nervous). He said, "yep you really need to know what you are doing with it. It's a bad choice for a recreational drug...".

He promised I would not wake up while in surgery and that yes I would wake up after the procedure.... I thought about asking him for a pinky swear but the drug must have taken effect before I could formalize the conversation grin
[
Now some of that stuff they put you out with, I've heard the same stuff that killed Michael Jackson, I could get used to that helps you sleep real good. LOL

I was chatting up the anesthesiologist just before getting my gallbladder taken out. I asked him what kind of drug he used. I don't remember the name of it now but it was the same one Jackson killed himself with. I mentioned that (I get real talkative when I'm nervous). He said, "yep you really need to know what you are doing with it. It's a bad choice for a recreational drug...".

He promised I would not wake up while in surgery and that yes I would wake up after the procedure.... I thought about asking him for a pinky swear but the drug must have taken effect before I could formalize the conversation grin[/quote]

Oh definitely you know colonoscopy like maybe 30 minutes or so I guess best 10 or 12 hour sleep I ever had LOL
Originally Posted by shootem
Really?

Damn, so alla them times I was in the dentist chair and they was givin me the happy gas I coulda seen the Pearly Gates?

laffin more. No, you were probly safe because one of y’all was still straight. Helps if it’s the one running the flow meter.
Michael Jackson's quack doctor OD'ed him on Propaphol- - - -AKA "Milk of Amnesia" in the anesthesiology business. It's lights out almost instantly once it hits the IV, but just a little too much, and you don't wake up. With all the deadly drugs in the world, it's amazing that they can't find something to put serial killers out of their misery. Enough Fentanyl comes across the border every few hours to clean out every death row in the country.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Michael Jackson's quack doctor OD'ed him on Propaphol- - - -AKA "Milk of Amnesia" in the anesthesiology business. It's lights out almost instantly once it hits the IV, but just a little too much, and you don't wake up. With all the deadly drugs in the world, it's amazing that they can't find something to put serial killers out of their misery. Enough Fentanyl comes across the border every few hours to clean out every death row in the country.

Maybe you're on to something here but the Democrats will never go for it
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Don't think pain meds for someone who just had surgery makes him a lunky.
He promised I would not wake up while in surgery and that yes I would wake up after the procedure.... I thought about asking him for a pinky swear but the drug must have taken effect before I could formalize the conversation grin

He might have started you off with a little Versed. I’ve had a goodly amount of that in my too many episodes of anesthesia. Milky looking. You can watch it coming in the IV and feel it hit. And that’s the last thing you feel for a while. Or the last you remember anyway. I’ve even tried to fight it to see if I could. Next thing I know I’m in recovery. But there’s no sleep like it.

Crazy eyes.... sounds like no real legal problems prior to this....
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Don't think pain meds for someone who just had surgery makes him a lunky.

Of course not Roger. He was probably already a Junky. I’ve lived with severe back pain for the last 20 years.
I know how bad back pain can be. Never once did I shoot anyone for some “pain meds”. 🤪

I also lived on Hydracodine for 2 years before and after my back surgery. 4 to 5 pills a day.
Never once was I “addicted. Told the Doc I didn’t want any more of them one day. Hated the damn side effects. Couldn’t sleep. They just made me jumpy and anxious. And always constipated. Threw them away one day and never looked back. I hated taking them. They numbed the pain, but didn’t make it go away.

Guess some folks might have an “addictive personality.”” Or the just love the “feeling” it gives them, and they can’t get enough. I believe some folks choose to be addicts.
© 24hourcampfire