Home
Since Jiff recalled their peanut butter there has been a run on the remaining brands of peanut butter. I was to the third supermarket this evening and their shelves were empty, not a jar to be found.
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Since Jiff recalled their peanut butter there has been a run on the remaining brands of peanut butter. I was to the third supermarket this evening and their shelves were empty, not a jar to be found.

COVTARDS don't deserve peanut butter.

Enjoy, lard ass.

LOL
My wife said she cant find it anywhere.
Originally Posted by ihookem

You better giving it to her more at home, then.
Was at Costco today. The shelves were packed full of peanut butter, mixed nut butter, and almond butter. Tried the mixed nut butter a couple of months ago, it’s crap. Save your money.
Originally Posted by ihookem

Ask her if she understands production and demand.

Like I do with many things, I keep a good stock of peanut butter. This recall will not affect me. You are a slow learner.

Try Nutella, your dog probably won’t know the difference.

Salmonella is apparently quite common in stored peanut if they get damp. My Wife worked for CONAGRA when their Peter Pan plant had to shut down and recall product because of Salmonella back in 2006. She had been to the plant in Georgia and said that it appeared to be as clean as a hospital operating room.
The foodbank hooks me. Plus they had a 10 for $10 a couple times in the last year at the kroger

I probably got 25-30 jars. And if it expires, so what….I’ll just dump it off in a donation bin. Circle of life

Foodbank PB is creamy, I hate creamy. Creamy is for old wabigoons and meth moufs
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Salmonella is apparently quite common in stored peanut if they get damp. My Wife worked for CONAGRA when their Peter Pan plant had to shut down and recall product because of Salmonella back in 2006. She had been to the plant in Georgia and said that it appeared to be as clean as a hospital operating room.

Not to mention you're a f a g and scared to death of everything.

LOL
Originally Posted by slumlord
Foodbank PB is creamy, I hate creamy. Creamy is for old wabigoons and meth moufs

Shut your mouth
It's "Jif".
Ah hell! a gang I used to work for been doin some contract jobs at the plant in question. One of them [bleep] refused to wear a head net or something.

My jar that is included in the recall is 2/3rds gone & I haven't had the schits any more than usual. It'll be OK.
Probably you are in an area where the recalled lots were.
It's friggen peanut butter.

who gives a flyin.................

nasty nasty baby scheidt lookin' stuff anyway.

I wish it would all go away forever.
I like Skippy creamy but I could live with any of them. I don’t like the ones that require a high torque Milwaukee drill with paddles for mixing the peanut butter enough to make a single sandwich but I could make due.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Shameful.
How many hospitlizations and deaths, so far? I would bet none.

First “save” I had as a lifeguard the little girl threw up her PB&J as I was giving her artificial respirations and it didn’t ruin my love of PB&J’s. I remember as a 16 year old kid thinking “I hope this doesn’t ruin me for PB&J’s”. 😁

It’s my desert island sandwich. It has everything needed to sustain life, Liberty and the pursuit of something else to eat besides PB&J’s.
I buy the kind you have to stir. No shortage. Go figure.
Not here.
In this [bleep] up pandemic world we are worried about jid
I like PB and eat quite a bit - the natural kind that one has to stir for quite a while to get the oil mixed with the good stuff.

I don't eat Jif and am not certain that it is peanut butter. But, it lasts. In 2000 I bought two jars of Jif - one for each garage - handy bait for rodent traps. It works well.

When we relocated, I brought both of those jars down here - one for each garage. Still use that Jif as bait - looks and smells same as it did 22 years ago. What is in that stuff?
The recall must be a couple of weeks old, because about ten days ago, I went grocery shopping, and there wasn't a single jar or Jif. I asked the lady next to me who was grabbing some Skippy for her small children if she knew what was up with no Jif. She told me about the recall. There was plenty of Skippy, and organic premium brands, though. I wonder if those are all gone now.
Damn skippy
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan
I buy the kind you have to stir. No shortage. Go figure.

Costco has pallets of it too.
Best not get a wad of thick, gooey peanut butter hung in your throat as I highly doubt the Heimlich or anything else could dislodge it.
Originally Posted by CCCC
I like PB and eat quite a bit - the natural kind that one has to stir for quite a while to get the oil mixed with the good stuff.

I don't eat Jif and am not certain that it is peanut butter. But, it lasts. In 2000 I bought two jars of Jif - one for each garage - handy bait for rodent traps. It works well.

When we located, I brought both of those jars down here - one for each garage. Still use that Jif as bait - looks and smells same as it did 22 years ago. What is in that stuff?
Try it, Paul!
It's obvious the preservatives WORK!
Live forever!
smile smile smile
And how about eggs? Only things left on the shelf at my supermarket were $8 a dozen!
And how about eggs? Only things left on the shelf at my supermarket were $8 a dozen!

When we relocated, I brought both of those jars down here - one for each garage. Still use that Jif as bait - looks and smells same as it did 22 years ago. What is in that stuff?

Rodent bait!

That's about the only good use I've ever found for the stuff.

Out in the woodshed is where it belongs all right. Not in my house. But, it's not 1940 anymore and I can't forbid the wife to bring it home when she goes shopping.

At least she's learned to warn me before a kiss if she's partaken of the nasty stuff.
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy

This have anything to do with it?
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...tion-plants-destroyed-under-biden#UNREAD
One brand, dozen pack, and the rest of the area was empty.

$5 at the Grocery Outlet no less. Probably go out of date this weekend.
That peanut butter will go directly to your butt and stay there!
So your dogs will get a break?
Just got back from HEB, 90 bucks for the stuff to cook a pot roast, a case of beer, and a pack of hamburger.
This many eggs are just waiting to be collected in the nest boxes of my hen house everyday.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Then you never had a peanut butter and mayo sandwich.... Mmmm, MMMM!! laugh laugh
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
This many eggs are just waiting to be collected in the nest boxes of my hen house everyday.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Chickens are really hard around here. You've got to surround it with an electric fence to try and stop the bears, but many times they will take the shock and tear it down just to get to the chickens.
Chickens are really hard around here. You've got to surround it with an electric fence to try and stop the bears, but many times they will take the shock and tear it down just to get to the chickens.
You just need a good rooster. grin

CCCC:
Good morning to you sir, I trust that you and yours are doing well and you're getting the weather you all need.

Please note that this is a guess on my part, so that said here's what I know about that - as they say.

As my personal tastes in peanut butter changed throughout life, that is to say going to more all peanut types, I noticed that in my role as "rodent killer and trapper/shop and life trouble shooter" that my usual go to for mouse traps worked less well. For clarification, ever since I was quite young, it was my chore to deal with unwanted rodents and general yard pests. I'm told and read in the Good Book that we're all given some gifts in life and one of mine apparently is a proficiency at removing unwanted and problem pests.

When I found that the mice didn't take to the 100% peanut butter which again is my "go to" bait of choice, I began to read the label on the other brands and in most cases the second ingredient listed was sugar.

The light went on - even for a Canuck redneck it is possible from time to time for that to happen - contrary to popular belief.

Sugar doesn't really deteriorate quickly, well if at all in some cases and it's my guess that the amount of sugar in the 22 year old Jiff is sufficient to keep it that way.

Nowadays when I'm baiting the trapline in the garage for mice, the bait of choice is whatever 100% peanut butter I've got open mixed with powdered sugar with about a 2:1 ratio of sugar to peanut butter.

Since you're a fellow rodent trapper, I'll add that I always tune the release with the bait loaded onto the trip pad so it'll let go with the first rodential samplings of my sugary confection...

Did I happen to mention I hate most rodents, but especially mice and rats? Hate is of course a strong word and I use it deliberately here.

Hope that was useful for you or someone out there. Hopefully also the peanut butter shortage for those who are experiencing it is the worst thing they encounter.

All the best and God Bless.

Dwayne
not uncommon, but don't know about a bear.

Well I had some of that recalled Jif, grandson's favorite brand, I have both skippy and Jif in the food storage cabinet, bought the 4lb can, not jar, a few months ago, I like to have a year's supply and now making it two year's supply of food stored away.

The can isn't opened and wouldn't have been for some time, I have 6 other jars to go through first. I filled out the recall claim so I guess they send me some coupons.

creamy...

I also use it for rodent bait, caught a twof'er...

I hate that my life is a disappointment to Valsdad, I like golfing, miracle whip and peanut butter...

Kent

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by stxhunter
not uncommon, but don't know about a bear.

Thats a bad azz chicken right there even the dogs are scared of it.
Sorry for those who enjoy PB that cant get it. I will probably be ok.
Dwayne, thanks. I think your sugar thought is on the mark. Normally I would not mess with most rodents if they don't try to invade my stuff. But, some persist.

The biggest deal with the garages and rodents is the old trucks and an even older Corvette. I accumulated older Chev and GM trucks for quite a while and the "fleet" grew oversized - so have been steadily downsizing those.

BUT - mice and pack rats will be the bane of any such enthusiast if you give them the slightest opening. Can't let them in - ruined carpet, stored "food", chewed seats and wiring, pulled insulation for nests, etc. Beside that, I am highly allergic to their urine (even when dried, and the little no-bladder villains dribble that everywhere they go) - SO - all out war most of the time until the last relic is gone.

And, thanks for the insights.

P.S. Also figured out that for getting pack rats in the much bigger traps, fruit works really well - and for staying power/stickiness, prunes are very good - they love 'em.
CCCC;
Thanks for the kind response sir, I appreciate it.

My goodness I hear you on the vehicles parked all over. We're rural so we have our daughter's surplus YJ project as well as a couple that are ours. Rodent damage to vehicles is common in our part of BC and on your Vette or my 40th Anniversary Mustang they're not welcome for sure.

For pack rats we've found fruit worked too and I shall remember the prune option.

The first time we had pack rat issues a chap told me to find a 5' tube or chunk of stove pipe big enough that the trap would work still, put the fruit in the center and a baited rat trap on either side of the fruit, again in the center of the pipe. Apparently they love running in the tubes/pipes?

We found some square plastic tubing the correct size and it worked well for our BC packrats anyways sir.

Before leaving this topic, I will say that I also used the icing sugar and peanut butter blend for them, so I'm remotely on topic, but not really. wink

All the best.

Dwayne
© 24hourcampfire