Home
Details to be announced later today.

Ought to be interesting. Whatever it contains it won’t be enough to satisfy the rabid House of Representatives. They’ll kick it back then it’ll get down to the finer points of exclusions.
Gee can't wait for solutions that won't solve anything.
I want to see all of my legislators prosecuted for violating Article 1, section 16 of the Maine State Constitution.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/12/politics/senate-gun-safety-agreement/index.html

Sources involved in the talks said the agreement outline includes providing funding to incentivize states to implement "red flag" laws, an expansion of mental health services by growing a 10-state pilot program for behavioral health services to all 50 states, allowing juvenile records to be searched during background checks for those under 21 years of age, and funding for school security measures. It would also change the background check system to better crack down on criminals who evade that system by using smaller "hobbyists" to illegally buy guns.

The agreement is not expected to include a number of provisions pushed by President Joe Biden and gun control advocates, namely a renewal of the so-called assault weapons ban and raising the age to purchase semi-automatic rifles from 18 to 21.

I wonder what that entails.
They are gonna go after the 80%lowers.
Luckily democrats are on record as saying they don't want our guns.
All they need is to ban private gun transfers and they have achieved gun registration.

When they pass Red Flag laws they can take your guns from you, at any time, without due process.
Originally Posted by Squidge

Sources involved in the talks said the agreement outline includes providing funding to incentivize states to implement "red flag" laws, an expansion of mental health services by growing a 10-state pilot program for behavioral health services to all 50 states, allowing juvenile records to be searched during background checks for those under 21 years of age, and funding for school security measures. It would also change the background check system to better crack down on criminals who evade that system by using smaller "hobbyists" to illegally buy guns.

The agreement is not expected to include a number of provisions pushed by President Joe Biden and gun control advocates, namely a renewal of the so-called assault weapons ban and raising the age to purchase semi-automatic rifles from 18 to 21.

My guess is it entails some form of a more universal background checks for anyone wishing to lawfully transfer ownership of a firearm to another person.
Being announced on fox they have an agreement !
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
They are gonna go after the 80%lowers.

Buy 'em while you can:

https://www.ammoland.com/2022/06/anderson-am15-lower-receiver-5-pack/#axzz7W0xOzpxf

Gun Deals: Anderson AM-15 No Logo Lower Receiver Multi-Cal 5-Pack $37.99 Each
Already got a couple just sitting around.
This ^^

kwg
Me2
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123

My guess is it entails some form of a more universal background checks for anyone wishing to lawfully transfer ownership of a firearm to another person.
Sounds like it would make selling/gifting a firearm to a family member to have to go through an FFL.
The GOP seems intent on killing the Red Wave.
"Today, we are announcing a commonsense, bipartisan proposal to protect America’s children, keep our schools safe, and reduce the threat of violence across our country. Families are scared, and it is our duty to come together and get something done that will help restore their sense of safety and security in their communities," the group of senators said in a press release on the announcement.

The senators include: Chris Murphy, John Cornyn, Thom Tillis , Kyrsten Sinema, Richard Blumenthal, Roy Blunt, Cory Booker, Richard Burr, Bill Cassidy, Susan Collins, Chris Coons, Lindsey Graham, Martin Heinrich, Mark Kelly, Angus King, Joe Manchin, Rob Portman, Mitt Romney, Debbie Stabenow, and Pat Toomey

"Our plan increases needed mental health resources, improves school safety and support for students, and helps ensure dangerous criminals and those who are adjudicated as mentally ill can’t purchase weapons. Most importantly, our plan saves lives while also protecting the constitutional rights of law-abiding Americans. We look forward to earning broad, bipartisan support and passing our commonsense proposal into law," the senators continued in their group statement.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-bipartisan-framework-gun-control
Cornyn led the Senate republican part of this as appointed to by Mitch.
Originally Posted by 700LH
"Today, we are announcing a commonsense, bipartisan proposal to protect America’s children, keep our schools safe, and reduce the threat of violence across our country. Families are scared, and it is our duty to come together and get something done that will help restore their sense of safety and security in their communities," the group of senators said in a press release on the announcement.

The senators include: Chris Murphy, John Cornyn, Thom Tillis , Kyrsten Sinema, Richard Blumenthal, Roy Blunt, Cory Booker, Richard Burr, Bill Cassidy, Susan Collins, Chris Coons, Lindsey Graham, Martin Heinrich, Mark Kelly, Angus King, Joe Manchin, Rob Portman, Mitt Romney, Debbie Stabenow, and Pat Toomey

"Our plan increases needed mental health resources, improves school safety and support for students, and helps ensure dangerous criminals and those who are adjudicated as mentally ill can’t purchase weapons. Most importantly, our plan saves lives while also protecting the constitutional rights of law-abiding Americans. We look forward to earning broad, bipartisan support and passing our commonsense proposal into law," the senators continued in their group statement.

FULL details to follow.
Bipartisan means democrats and RINOS
Originally Posted by saddlesore

I’d like to hear Trump’s comments on the final edition that gets passed.
laugh laugh for sure .............
Yet people will keep voting for these clowns..
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Why? He's supported assault weapon bans AND using the no fly list to block gun sales. Not to mention he thinks bump stocks are machineguns.
I don’t recall democrats ever once supporting pro gun legislation but those cuckservite republicans have no problem occasionally supporting gun grabbers.

I use the terms democrat and republican as a catchall but really mean constitutional conservatives on one side and everyone else on the other. We have very very few constitutionalist in elected office.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
All they need is to ban private gun transfers and they have achieved gun registration.

When they pass Red Flag laws they can take your guns from you, at any time, without due process.
Correct on both counts.
Originally Posted by Borchardt
This.
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Why? He's supported assault weapon bans AND using the no fly list to block gun sales. Not to mention he thinks bump stocks are machineguns.
Yep.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Borchardt
This.
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Yep.

100% I support Trump but he is a bit soft on the whole "Shall not be Infringed" part!!
Clarifies the definition of a "federally licensed firearms dealer"????

https://www.axios.com/2022/06/12/senators-reach-gun-safety-deal

Details: The proposal includes an under 21 enhanced review process, which means buyers under 21 will be required to undergo an investigative period to review juvenile and mental health records, including checks with state databases and local law enforcement. The deal also:

Clarifies the definition of a "federally licensed firearms dealer": Cracks down on criminals who illegally evade licensing requirements.

Penalizes straw purchasing: Cracks down on criminals who illegally straw purchase and traffic guns.

Supports state crisis intervention orders: Provides resources to states to create and administer laws that help ensure deadly weapons are kept out of the hands of individuals whom a court has determined to be a significant danger to themselves or others.

Invests in children and family mental health services: Major investments to increase access to mental health and suicide prevention programs.

Protections for victims of domestic violence: Convicted domestic violence abusers and individuals subject to domestic violence restraining orders will be included in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System.

Funding for school-based mental health and supportive services: Invests in programs to expand mental health and supportive services in schools, including: early identification and intervention programs and school based mental health and wrap-around services.

Funding for school safety resources: Invests in programs to help institute safety measures in and around primary and secondary schools, support school violence prevention efforts and provide training to school personnel and students.

Invests in telehealth resources: Invests in programs that increase access to mental and behavioral health services for youth and families in crisis via telehealth.
These supposed 10 "Republicans" that went along with this can kiss my lily white azz! Why the phugg does "our side" continually feel the need to compromise with the commie libs?? They certainly dont return the "favor"!!!! Some tall trees and short ropes are needed more than ever these days!
MOLON LABE!
Originally Posted by marktheshark
These supposed 10 "Republicans" that went along with this can kiss my lily white azz! Why the phugg does "our side" continually feel the need to compromise with the commie libs?? They certainly dont return the "favor"!!!! Some tall trees and short ropes are needed more than ever these days!

The GOP has never been on your side. Its about time you and most on here realize this
“ You ain’t seen Nothing Yet “

Roll Them or They Roll You
Originally Posted by akrange
“ You ain’t seen Nothing Yet “

Exactly, ak.

What we presently are seeing is only the tip of the iceberg.
well, that didn't take long.
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Yet people will keep voting for these clowns..

But...but... you HAVE to vote for them! They're better than the democrats!

Ugh.

I need someone to explain to me how any of those things would have stopped any of the last 15 mass shootings.

It's a funding bill and a sneaky way to get "Red Flag Laws" passed. It's about doing away with "Due Process" where gun owners are concerned. It's about a way to purchase a citizens "due process" from a politician.
Originally Posted by 12344mag

I need someone to explain to me how any of those things would have stopped any of the last 15 mass shootings.

It's a funding bill and a sneaky way to get "Red Flag Laws" passed. It's about doing away with "Due Process" where gun owners are concerned. It's about a way to purchase a citizens "due process" from a politician.

Wait until we see the final version and it’ll most likely be far worse than you described.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
MOLON LABE!

Which booster you on?

LOL
Originally Posted by 700LH

Translation:
We have to do something, even if it’s wrong.
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I don’t recall democrats ever once supporting pro gun legislation but those cuckservite republicans have no problem occasionally supporting gun grabbers.

I use the terms democrat and republican as a catchall but really mean constitutional conservatives on one side and everyone else on the other. We have very very few constitutionalist in elected office.
This !

Wait until we see the final version and it’ll most likely be far worse than you described.

The devil is in the details.

Translating this framework into text will be difficult, and the details will be crucial to the deal's success.

"This IS an agreement on principles, not legislative text. The details will be critical for Republicans, particularly the firearms-related provisions. One or more of these principles could be dropped if text is not agreed to," a Republican aide involved in the negotiations tells Axios.
"Red Flag Laws" = Legal Gun Confiscation in disguise.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

I feel safer already.

The devil is in the details.

Translating this framework into text will be difficult, and the details will be crucial to the deal's success.

"This IS an agreement on principles, not legislative text. The details will be critical for Republicans, particularly the firearms-related provisions. One or more of these principles could be dropped if text is not agreed to," a Republican aide involved in the negotiations tells Axios.

Thanks Squidge.
The senators include: Chris Murphy, John Cornyn, Thom Tillis , Kyrsten Sinema, Richard Blumenthal, Roy Blunt, Cory Booker, Richard Burr, Bill Cassidy, Susan Collins, Chris Coons, Lindsey Graham, Martin Heinrich, Mark Kelly, Angus King, Joe Manchin, Rob Portman, Mitt Romney, Debbie Stabenow, and Pat Toomey.

Team Obstruct Inc. And we wondered why Trump could not get legislation passed. Oh yea, I forgot it was his tweets and his personality. NO way could it have been any of the people listed here.

Most of the Rino's in the uni-party that are voting for this more than likely will not be running for re-election.

From what I can see Texas, North Carolina, Missouri, Louisiana, Maine, South Carolina, Ohio, Utah, and Pennsylvania keep re-electing these fuggin elitist Rino's.

If you voted for any of them, then you are part of the problem. Shame on you for lifting up these tyrants.

I wonder how many Democrats are going to vote no, probably none because they vote in lock step 99% of the time. While everyone keeps voting for their conscious, and Orange man is bad this is the result and the Government you get.
A lot of these points that were agreed to in principle are extremely vague. We'll have to see what language is in the actual bill. But I'd say there are a lot of items that will likely infringe on the 2nd Amendment in a variety of ways. Most red flag laws have no due process and are likely unconstitutional. The item about straw purchases may be a backdoor way to reduce the number of FFL's. As I recall, the Clinton and Obama administrations tried to reduce the number of FFL's years ago.

Overall, we don't really know what this will translate to, but most of it will probably not be good.
You know when anything includes the phrases "Gun Safety" or "Common Sense"... It has neither.
Pat Toomey was the darling of "The Religious Right" when he ran
the first time. Pretty much under the radar untill the last few years.

What ensued is so obvious its disgusting.

He announced he was steping down from the Senate seat to
"Persue his career in The Private Sector". At 60 years old?

Since then, he has acted in ways that would embarrass McCain or Romney.

Now, we will end up with an avowed progressive Leftest dope smoker,

or,

The Trump endorsed, Turkish Muslim, friend of Oprah from New Jersey.
Originally Posted by EIB0879
Originally Posted by Fireball2

I feel safer already.

Yep, I guess that we should.

After all, “You don’t need God, you have us democrats “

Nancy Pelosi circa 2006.
Richard “ Rambo “ Blumenthal.. War Hero .
That’s are Ace in the Hole ..
The Rest of them crawl on their Bellies..

Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do TO you . . .
Originally Posted by Otter
Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do TO you . . .

Choices in elections ain’t that great.

It’s become more of a choice of voting against as opposed to voting for.

Correct on both counts.
Your forum postings will be scrutinized for support for our Marxist utopia and social compliance. Your social credit score will determine if you can buy or possess firearms…or a bank account. That social credit score will also be used to determine if you can travel. Might not be allowed to buy food if it gets too low. Your low social credit score for holding beliefs of constitutional rights and limited government will lower the score of anyone who does business with you or associates with you. They’ll get a warning and need to leave and cut all forms of interaction with you. Red Flag laws are just the tip of the iceberg our constitutional representative republic is running into hard.
Gee can't wait for solutions that won't solve anything.

Not to mention anything that applies to me, which I won't comply to.
That wouldn't happen without Republicans.

Be careful what POS republican you vote for.
Would a red flag law have saved Naomi Judd from suicide?
Looks like the details are out. Nothing to see there, as expected.....
Didn't think much would come of their discussion. Still don't trust them. Curious what's in the small print? How many billions is this feel good bill gonna cost?
Doesn't RINO hunting season open in November? "Classified as vermin- - - - -open season 24/7- - - -no limit!"
Originally Posted by Epishemore
Would a red flag law have saved Naomi Judd from suicide?

Doubt It.
People hell bent on killing themselves find a way no matter what.
As sure as the Yellow Star if you let them Institute National "Red Flag Laws " Standards you should expect the same Treatment from Mordor on the Potomac..
These are Bought and Paid for Nazi's and there Cum'n ...

Originally Posted by rockinbbar
You know when anything includes the phrases "Gun Safety" or "Common Sense"... It has neither.

@ Clarifies the definition of a "federally licensed firearms dealer": Cracks down on criminals who illegally evade licensing requirements.

@ Penalizes straw purchasing: Cracks down on criminals who illegally straw purchase and traffic guns.

@ Supports state crisis intervention orders: Provides resources to states to create and administer laws that help ensure deadly weapons are kept out of the hands of individuals whom a court has determined to be a significant danger to themselves or others.

@ Invests in children and family mental health services: Major investments to increase access to mental health and suicide prevention programs.

@Closes the “boyfriend loophole”— provides protections for victims of domestic violence: Convicted domestic violence abusers and individuals subject to domestic violence restraining orders will be included in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System.

@ Funding for school-based mental health and supportive services: Invests in programs to expand mental health and supportive services in schools, including early identification and intervention programs and school-based mental health and wrap-around services.

@ Funding for school safety resources: Invests in programs to help institute safety measures in and around primary and secondary schools, support school violence prevention efforts and provide training to school personnel and students.

@Invests in telehealth resources: Invests in programs that increase access to mental and behavioral health services for youth and families in crisis via telehealth.

Funding bill is all it is.

Fugging Carpet Baggers.
Mitch McConnell can't wait to give away more of our constitutionally protected rights.

@ Clarifies the definition of a "federally licensed firearms dealer": Cracks down on criminals who illegally evade licensing requirements.

@ Penalizes straw purchasing: Cracks down on criminals who illegally straw purchase and traffic guns.

@ Supports state crisis intervention orders: Provides resources to states to create and administer laws that help ensure deadly weapons are kept out of the hands of individuals whom a court has determined to be a significant danger to themselves or others.

@ Invests in children and family mental health services: Major investments to increase access to mental health and suicide prevention programs.

@Closes the “boyfriend loophole”— provides protections for victims of domestic violence: Convicted domestic violence abusers and individuals subject to domestic violence restraining orders will be included in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System.

@ Funding for school-based mental health and supportive services: Invests in programs to expand mental health and supportive services in schools, including early identification and intervention programs and school-based mental health and wrap-around services.

@ Funding for school safety resources: Invests in programs to help institute safety measures in and around primary and secondary schools, support school violence prevention efforts and provide training to school personnel and students.

@Invests in telehealth resources: Invests in programs that increase access to mental and behavioral health services for youth and families in crisis via telehealth.

Fugging Carpet Baggers.

So basically, pass a law that enforces past laws. Cool

House won't go for it.
Originally Posted by TreeMutt
Worse. Midnight SWAT raids on homes of gun owners, no warning. SWAT will be told that you are armed, crazy, and dangerous, according to a judge's ex parte determination. The victim will not even know anyone accused him of being unstable, let alone afforded his day in court to face his accuser (due process) as a shield against tyrannical police action against him. During the raid, his dogs will be shot on sight. The victim may assume he's being the victim of a home invasion robbery, and respond with a gun in his hands, in which case he will be shot on sight, too, along with his dogs.
Worse. Midnight SWAT raids on homes of gun owners, no warning. SWAT will be told that you are armed, crazy, and dangerous, according to a judge's ex parte determination. The victim will not even know anyone accused him of being unstable, let alone afforded his day in court to face his accuser (due process) as a shield against tyrannical police action against him. During the raid, his dogs will be shot on sight. The victim may assume he's being the victim of a home invasion robbery, and respond with a gun in his hands, in which case he will be shot on sight, too, along with his dogs.

I can only hope that someone can manage to take out a few of these lar enfarcement officers before they die.

Fugging Carpet Baggers.

So basically, pass a law that enforces past laws. Cool

House won't go for it.

I also believe that The House will punt this right back to them and tell them to “get serious “.
“Provides funding to states that enact red flag laws.”

In ‘Murica we call that bribery. Enacting an infringement on a God given right doesn’t require any funding.
I will admit, this is better than what the house wants. They want to ban.
Originally Posted by philgood80
“Provides funding to states that enact red flag laws.”

In ‘Murica we call that bribery. Enacting an infringement on a God given right doesn’t require any funding.

No matter what's actually passed, our rights will be stepped on
Just tack on a provision that anyone using a gun in any crime gets mandatory 50 years. Libs will see this as racist and shoot it down.
How many of Repugnants are Leaving the Senate ..
3 of them ..
The Derby Donkey named Mitch picked people aligned with this Shenanigan because they don’t have any Skin to Loose..
Dirty Donkey ..
Then we got Katherine Hepburn Reliable Panhandler .
Oh and Ms Lindsay.. Gulp Gulp
Is SC state Bird the Sap Suck’a ..
Geez can he walk the Streets in Columbia..

Details to be announced later today.

Ought to be interesting. Whatever it contains it won’t be enough to satisfy the rabid House of Representatives. They’ll kick it back then it’ll get down to the finer points of exclusions.

Are you closely aligned with joe biden and the democrat party on this issue, like you are on Ukraine?
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by marktheshark

The GOP has never been on your side. Its about time you and most on here realize this

Easy does it there big fellow, many folks around here can`t handle that kind of honesty...
Makes me glad I voted for Mary Landrieu when Cassidy beat her. She had a good voting record excepting that sellout on Obama Insurance. Cassidy voted to impeach Trump. Our problem is Republicans. If they were just as good at fighting against Democrats as vice versa Donald Trump would still be president.

No, they can't, just ask me. Be holy hell to pay.
Originally Posted by kwg020
This ^^

kwg
oh happy friggin Day!

Friggin sell out Republicans...give the democRATS NOTHING... EVER!
FL has a Red Flag Law signed by DeSantis.

Is what you posted above happening in your state of FL.
WTF is the "Boyfriend loophole" And why didn't they close the "Gun show Loophole" They been talking forever about the gun show loophole and how it needs to be closed.
Why haven't they done it??? Could it possibly be because it's NEVER existed?
I googled the "boyfriend loophole" Basically, any PERSON can say you were aggressive towards the or they are intimidated and BOOM, your guns are confiscated. Sort of like , let one person accuse you of being a pervert, etc and you're guilty until proven innocent - and according to the Supreme Court, you cannot PROVE innocence...
After thinking overnight about the whole thing, I have come to the following conclusion (take it for what it’s worth!):

-The Senate will kick the house deal back because Sinema and Manchin would never go along with it.
-The House will reject the senate’s proposal because it “doesn’t go far enough.”

Both houses of congress and their marketing dept (the MSM) will blame conservatives and the NRA. All so they can keep power in Nov. They seriously couldn’t care less about securing schools or protecting kids. They just have to have control. Anything to distract from what they’ve done to the economy.

In the end we will probably get an EO from Joe!
There is no "reasonable gun control", that is a nonexistent platitude. The 2nd Amendment exist to protect a political right to replace an existing government by destroying it if necessary. Giving up that right is a submission to slavery.
Red Flag laws will likely become weaponized right out the gate. Not too good!
Originally Posted by steve4102
Since the MSM and the courts approve, you're not going to hear about it.

If you want to know what it's like, just YouTube "Police Raid Wrong House," and you will get a clue what it's like. These get reported. "Correct" raids (those approved of by the establishment) don't get released to the MSM, and you don't see the video.
Originally Posted by worriedman
There is no "reasonable gun control", that is a nonexistent platitude. The 2nd Amendment exist to protect a political right to replace an existing government by destroying it if necessary. Giving up that right is a submission to slavery.
Read my signature line.
"Bi-partisan" means one RINO supported it, right?
Originally Posted by grouseman

Correct....

BUT

If just one DEM sides with the Rs AGAINST something it is NOT Bi-partisan opposition.... for some 'unknown' reason. That would be known as Republican obstruction.
heard shumer or some other democrat claim this morning on the radio ,it isnt what we want ,but it is a good first step ...i hear this after every new gun law ,they have been saying first step since the 70's. They are implying there are no gun laws before this ,.and if just first step ,just how far do they want to go? of course we know that answer
Originally Posted by rem shooter
heard shumer or some other democrat claim this morning on the radio ,it isnt what we want ,but it is a good first step ...i hear this after every new gun law ,they have been saying first step since the 70's. They are implying there are no gun laws before this ,.and if just first step ,just how far do they want to go? of course we know that answer
We do, indeed.
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Red Flag laws will likely become weaponized right out the gate. Not too good!

Mayocorkus has plans surrounding this Provision..
That’s why it There..
All the other stuff is just puff a disguise..
Mordor on the Potomac knows the animals are restless…
Giving Psychopaths like Mayo and Mary Poopin these powers will keep the animals under control so they can get back to their Fraud …

Originally Posted by grouseman
This time 11 did, including the Turtle. And more of them will vote for it. Pathetic result of the 17th Amendment which killed the Republic. Prior to that the state legislatures appointed Senators to the US congress, that tripe made senator the hardest job in the land to lose as they get to "bring the bacon home"!

It was the death of the United States, and the birth of the federal government in charge of everything.
I could go along with raising the purchasing age of semiautos to 21. Bi-polar and schizophrenia show up in a person in their late teens and early 20's.

Red flag laws do not allow due process. I would hope this would be removed. If you are going to have red flag laws it should be by 2-3 witnesses, with one outside the immediate family who knows the person is violent. Can't have a mad wife or girlfriend only, but must have someone else to witness the person in question. Must be a witness not just hearsay.

Magazines are not the problem, mental health is. Age 21 might help here. However, I believe if a person as a teen shows signs of mental illness, a danger to themselves or others, this should carry forward after 18 to place these teens on a no gun buy list. Their violent juvenile record should carry forward. Since 1966 all school shootings have been by people 18 or under. Keeping these dangerous teens from buying a gun at least until they are 21.
I find it interesting how they say they are going to access juvenile records to evaluate firearm purchases.

That won't fly.
Clarifies the definition of a "federally licensed firearms dealer"????

Details: The proposal includes an under 21 enhanced review process, which means buyers under 21 will be required to undergo an investigative period to review juvenile and mental health records, including checks with state databases and local law enforcement. The deal also:

Clarifies the definition of a "federally licensed firearms dealer": Cracks down on criminals who illegally evade licensing requirements.

Penalizes straw purchasing: Cracks down on criminals who illegally straw purchase and traffic guns.

Supports state crisis intervention orders: Provides resources to states to create and administer laws that help ensure deadly weapons are kept out of the hands of individuals whom a court has determined to be a significant danger to themselves or others.

Invests in children and family mental health services: Major investments to increase access to mental health and suicide prevention programs.

Protections for victims of domestic violence: Convicted domestic violence abusers and individuals subject to domestic violence restraining orders will be included in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System.

Funding for school-based mental health and supportive services: Invests in programs to expand mental health and supportive services in schools, including: early identification and intervention programs and school based mental health and wrap-around services.

Funding for school safety resources: Invests in programs to help institute safety measures in and around primary and secondary schools, support school violence prevention efforts and provide training to school personnel and students.

Invests in telehealth resources: Invests in programs that increase access to mental and behavioral health services for youth and families in crisis via telehealth.

Odds are good that "Clarifies the definition" will mean some sort of limit on the number of firearms a person can "transfer" , even privately, per year before needing an FFL. Again, another step toward registration.

How they intend to enforce it (Operation Fast and Furious types??) will be problematic at best.
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
I could go along with raising the purchasing age of semiautos to 21. Keeping these dangerous teens from buying a gun at least until they are 21.

If they are that dangerous, then they shouldn't join the military or vote until age 21 either, right?
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
I could go along with raising the purchasing age of semiautos to 21. Keeping these dangerous teens from buying a gun at least until they are 21.

If they are that dangerous, then they shouldn't join the military or vote until age 21 either, right?

Or perhaps even worse.............................

making babies.

Mandatory birth control, male and female, for all under 21.

Continues until at least 25 if unemployed/unemployable.
" allowing juvenile records to be searched during background checks for those under 21 years of age"

I agree with that. No way that record should magically disappear when you turn 18. Many of my inmates had real crimes well before 18. The question I have is otherwise how can the military look into a juvenile record.
Originally Posted by czech1022
Mitch McConnell can't wait to give away more of our constitutionally protected rights.

While he keeps his heavily armed bodyguards and entourage.

Fughin sinister lying rino pig.
Originally Posted by bowmanh
A lot of these points that were agreed to in principle are extremely vague. We'll have to see what language is in the actual bill. But I'd say there are a lot of items that will likely infringe on the 2nd Amendment in a variety of ways. Most red flag laws have no due process and are likely unconstitutional. The item about straw purchases may be a backdoor way to reduce the number of FFL's. As I recall, the Clinton and Obama administrations tried to reduce the number of FFL's years ago.

Overall, we don't really know what this will translate to, but most of it will probably not be good.

You summed it up very well.

The vagueness is intentional and the House will refine it. If Schumer was satisfied, there’s a big signal to watch closely what follows.

What is presently on intended bill is far from comprehensive.
Jmo
He’s afraid of All of his Countrymen..
His Sins are Many …
Just like the Rest of Them..
Now they need to Bribe State Legislators to get an Insurance Policy..

Red flag laws will allow the govt to determine what is dangerous behavior. Soon, it will be anyone who doesn't support them and won't fall in line with their far-left agenda will be considered a threat to the democracy (they don't use the word republic). So conservatives (Christians and non-Christians) are in their targets, and their goal is to make it legal for them to confiscate our guns. It is coming.
Originally Posted by bludog
Red flag laws will allow the govt to determine what is dangerous behavior. Soon, it will be anyone who doesn't support them and won't fall in line with their far-left agenda will be considered a threat to the democracy (they don't use the word republic). So conservatives (Christians and non-Christians) are in their targets, and their goal is to make it legal for them to confiscate our guns. It is coming.
Precisely.

If you want to know what it's like, just YouTube "Police Raid Wrong House," and you will get a clue what it's like. These get reported. "Correct" raids (those approved of by the establishment) don't get released to the MSM, and you don't see the video.
Does this mean “yes” and it’s time to get on the Never-DeSantis Train?

Does this mean “yes” and it’s time to get on the Never-DeSantis Train?
He inherited it. I doubt he would have signed it if it came across his desk.
© 24hourcampfire