Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I don’t recall democrats ever once supporting pro gun legislation but those cuckservite republicans have no problem occasionally supporting gun grabbers.

I use the terms democrat and republican as a catchall but really mean constitutional conservatives on one side and everyone else on the other. We have very very few constitutionalist in elected office.
This !

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Squidge
https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/12/politics/senate-gun-safety-agreement/index.html

Sources involved in the talks said the agreement outline includes providing funding to incentivize states to implement "red flag" laws, an expansion of mental health services by growing a 10-state pilot program for behavioral health services to all 50 states, allowing juvenile records to be searched during background checks for those under 21 years of age, and funding for school security measures. It would also change the background check system to better crack down on criminals who evade that system by using smaller "hobbyists" to illegally buy guns.

The agreement is not expected to include a number of provisions pushed by President Joe Biden and gun control advocates, namely a renewal of the so-called assault weapons ban and raising the age to purchase semi-automatic rifles from 18 to 21.

I wonder what that entails.

I need someone to explain to me how any of those things would have stopped any of the last 15 mass shootings.

It's a funding bill and a sneaky way to get "Red Flag Laws" passed. It's about doing away with "Due Process" where gun owners are concerned. It's about a way to purchase a citizens "due process" from a politician.

Wait until we see the final version and it’ll most likely be far worse than you described.

The devil is in the details.

https://www.axios.com/2022/06/12/senators-reach-gun-safety-deal

Translating this framework into text will be difficult, and the details will be crucial to the deal's success.

"This IS an agreement on principles, not legislative text. The details will be critical for Republicans, particularly the firearms-related provisions. One or more of these principles could be dropped if text is not agreed to," a Republican aide involved in the negotiations tells Axios.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
"Red Flag Laws" = Legal Gun Confiscation in disguise.

"an armed society is a polite society"
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Luckily democrats are on record as saying they don't want our guns.

I feel safer already.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by 12344mag
https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/12/politics/senate-gun-safety-agreement/index.html

Sources involved in the talks said the agreement outline includes providing funding to incentivize states to implement "red flag" laws, an expansion of mental health services by growing a 10-state pilot program for behavioral health services to all 50 states, allowing juvenile records to be searched during background checks for those under 21 years of age, and funding for school security measures. It would also change the background check system to better crack down on criminals who evade that system by using smaller "hobbyists" to illegally buy guns.

The agreement is not expected to include a number of provisions pushed by President Joe Biden and gun control advocates, namely a renewal of the so-called assault weapons ban and raising the age to purchase semi-automatic rifles from 18 to 21.

I wonder what that entails.

I need someone to explain to me how any of those things would have stopped any of the last 15 mass shootings.

It's a funding bill and a sneaky way to get "Red Flag Laws" passed. It's about doing away with "Due Process" where gun owners are concerned. It's about a way to purchase a citizens "due process" from a politician.

Wait until we see the final version and it’ll most likely be far worse than you described.

The devil is in the details.

https://www.axios.com/2022/06/12/senators-reach-gun-safety-deal

Translating this framework into text will be difficult, and the details will be crucial to the deal's success.

"This IS an agreement on principles, not legislative text. The details will be critical for Republicans, particularly the firearms-related provisions. One or more of these principles could be dropped if text is not agreed to," a Republican aide involved in the negotiations tells Axios.

Thanks Squidge.

IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
The senators include: Chris Murphy, John Cornyn, Thom Tillis , Kyrsten Sinema, Richard Blumenthal, Roy Blunt, Cory Booker, Richard Burr, Bill Cassidy, Susan Collins, Chris Coons, Lindsey Graham, Martin Heinrich, Mark Kelly, Angus King, Joe Manchin, Rob Portman, Mitt Romney, Debbie Stabenow, and Pat Toomey.

Team Obstruct Inc. And we wondered why Trump could not get legislation passed. Oh yea, I forgot it was his tweets and his personality. NO way could it have been any of the people listed here.

Most of the Rino's in the uni-party that are voting for this more than likely will not be running for re-election.

From what I can see Texas, North Carolina, Missouri, Louisiana, Maine, South Carolina, Ohio, Utah, and Pennsylvania keep re-electing these fuggin elitist Rino's.

If you voted for any of them, then you are part of the problem. Shame on you for lifting up these tyrants.

I wonder how many Democrats are going to vote no, probably none because they vote in lock step 99% of the time. While everyone keeps voting for their conscious, and Orange man is bad this is the result and the Government you get.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
A lot of these points that were agreed to in principle are extremely vague. We'll have to see what language is in the actual bill. But I'd say there are a lot of items that will likely infringe on the 2nd Amendment in a variety of ways. Most red flag laws have no due process and are likely unconstitutional. The item about straw purchases may be a backdoor way to reduce the number of FFL's. As I recall, the Clinton and Obama administrations tried to reduce the number of FFL's years ago.

Overall, we don't really know what this will translate to, but most of it will probably not be good.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You know when anything includes the phrases "Gun Safety" or "Common Sense"... It has neither.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pat Toomey was the darling of "The Religious Right" when he ran
the first time. Pretty much under the radar untill the last few years.

What ensued is so obvious its disgusting.

He announced he was steping down from the Senate seat to
"Persue his career in The Private Sector". At 60 years old?

Since then, he has acted in ways that would embarrass McCain or Romney.

Now, we will end up with an avowed progressive Leftest dope smoker,

or,

The Trump endorsed, Turkish Muslim, friend of Oprah from New Jersey.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by EIB0879
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Luckily democrats are on record as saying they don't want our guns.

I feel safer already.

Yep, I guess that we should.

After all, “You don’t need God, you have us democrats “

Nancy Pelosi circa 2006.

IC B3

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Richard “ Rambo “ Blumenthal.. War Hero .
That’s are Ace in the Hole ..
The Rest of them crawl on their Bellies..

Roll Them or They Roll You

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do TO you . . .

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Otter
Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do TO you . . .

Choices in elections ain’t that great.

It’s become more of a choice of voting against as opposed to voting for.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
All they need is to ban private gun transfers and they have achieved gun registration.

When they pass Red Flag laws they can take your guns from you, at any time, without due process.
Correct on both counts.
Your forum postings will be scrutinized for support for our Marxist utopia and social compliance. Your social credit score will determine if you can buy or possess firearms…or a bank account. That social credit score will also be used to determine if you can travel. Might not be allowed to buy food if it gets too low. Your low social credit score for holding beliefs of constitutional rights and limited government will lower the score of anyone who does business with you or associates with you. They’ll get a warning and need to leave and cut all forms of interaction with you. Red Flag laws are just the tip of the iceberg our constitutional representative republic is running into hard.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Gee can't wait for solutions that won't solve anything.

Not to mention anything that applies to me, which I won't comply to.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
That wouldn't happen without Republicans.

Be careful what POS republican you vote for.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Would a red flag law have saved Naomi Judd from suicide?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Looks like the details are out. Nothing to see there, as expected.....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Didn't think much would come of their discussion. Still don't trust them. Curious what's in the small print? How many billions is this feel good bill gonna cost?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Doesn't RINO hunting season open in November? "Classified as vermin- - - - -open season 24/7- - - -no limit!"

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1minute, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 2500HD, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 60 invisible), 2,336 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,175
Posts18,503,209
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.