Home
Posted By: Pappy348 Deadly pet collar - 06/18/22
Don’t know if this has been posted, but JIC…..

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/flea-collar-correlated-with-2-500-pet-deaths
Posted By: bbassi Re: Deadly pet collar - 06/18/22
I have 3 dogs wearing them right now and they have for years. I've heard of this supposed issue but our vet recommended them and we've had no issues with them.
Posted By: deflave Re: Deadly pet collar - 06/18/22
Straight to the source of infestation.

I like it.
Posted By: miguel Re: Deadly pet collar - 06/18/22
We have used them on our dogs for 5 or 6 years. Never had an issue with them, but I’m wondering now.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Deadly pet collar - 06/18/22
No doubt. Just like the Chinese chicken flippers, some dogs are susceptible, some not. Might help someone dealing with something they can’t figure out.

Our goldfish refuses to wear any sort of adornment, so we’re good here.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Deadly pet collar - 06/18/22
I suspect different dogs react differently to different stuff.

I have an Australian Sheppard that had his eyes get really cloudy/loss of vision over chicken based food... who would have known?

Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: basdjs Re: Deadly pet collar - 06/18/22
This information has been out there for a while. There are a lot of fake “Seresto” collars being sold on the internet due to the cost of the legitimate collar and I suspect many of the issues are because of that. A Google search will help find ways to tell the difference between fake and real. I’ve used one on my dogs for many years without problems, but I always buy them from a vet or reputable pet drug supply store that purchases them directly from the manufacturer.
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: Deadly pet collar - 06/18/22
The dermal drops, collars and dips are all pesticides.
Just like people, dogs detox mechanisms are usually adequate in their prime years. That decreases with age. A geriatric dog can't be expected to handle the constant doses of pesticides in it's blood stream and every organ 24/7.

Example, someone brought their dog to me because it's hind legs were paralyzed. They were using some brand of drops. They followed my advice and the dog started to recover. Then they decided to use a flea collar later. It had paralysis again and eventually died.

There are safer ways to reduce fleas and ticks.
Posted By: Tesoro Re: Deadly pet collar - 06/18/22
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Just like people, dogs detox mechanisms are usually adequate in their prime years. That decreases with age. A geriatric dog can't be expected to handle the constant doses of pesticides in it's blood stream and every organ 24/7.

Example, someone brought their dog to me because it's hind legs were paralyzed. They were using some brand of drops. They followed my advice and the dog started to recover. Then they decided to use a flea collar later. It had paralysis again and eventually died.

Best way to reduce fleas and ticks, plus dogshit on lawn is to own cats!
Posted By: tater74 Re: Deadly pet collar - 06/18/22

Is there anything that you cannot do?

Oh, that's right.you are unable to tell the truth.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Deadly pet collar - 06/18/22
Originally Posted by Tesoro

Yea,then you have cat crap in all the flower beds, neighbors kids sand box, and cat spray on the doors
Posted By: org_Rogue_Hunter Re: Deadly pet collar - 06/18/22
Seresto collars never worked for my Setter. I give her HeartGard and NexGard.
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: Deadly pet collar - 06/19/22

That's one way for sure. Except my next door neighbors cat likes to fertilize my lawn too. Between that and the dogs, I get the benefits of a lawn care company. I just wish they could be trained to mow like sheep and goats.
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: Deadly pet collar - 06/19/22
Originally Posted by tater74

Is there anything that you cannot do?

Oh, that's right.you are unable to tell the truth.
Spud.
Who are you? And why is it again that I should care what you think?
Oh, it must be that you are too important to help others with their pets.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Deadly pet collar - 06/19/22
Laughing ^^^ 😂🤣😂🤣😂
Happy Cockroach asking someone who they are!
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: Deadly pet collar - 06/19/22
Why take a chance? There are other means. Most Vets know little about biochemistry.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Deadly pet collar - 06/19/22

Definite cause and effect. Did you publish your findings?
Posted By: BFaucett Re: Deadly pet collar - 06/19/22

Just to be sure get the right kind of cat. grin

Posted By: WhiteTrash Re: Deadly pet collar - 06/19/22

I would take shît in my yard over a box of shît and piss in my house any day.
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: Deadly pet collar - 06/19/22
My eldest had us buy flea collars for two small dogs.
Since we were at the vet and they sold them and suggested those Seresto collars.
We got home and I forgot about the collars. Just before bedtime (10pm) I put their collars on them and stuck them in their kennel for the night.
About midnight, I hear one of the dogs gagging.
By the time I got to the kennel, he puked up a pile of foamy crap in a puddle of diarrhea in the kennel floor.
FINALLY got that cleaned up and the other pooch began circling and pooped his own puddle! Yikes!
Finally got both outdoors and they pooped and puked several times.
Couldn't think it was anything but the collars, sovwe snatched them off.
The pooping and puking stopped almost immediately.
FINALLY got the kennel cleaned up ... AGAIN ... and returned the two to it.
Other than scared witless both may be dead by morning, the remainder of the night they rested peacefully with no more puking or pooping!
Went back to the vet the next day and requested a refund on (IIRC) $75 worth of useless, poisonous dog collars and bought them some Trifexus tabs. Worked great and no residual effects.

I won't use Seresto ever again!
Posted By: hookeye Re: Deadly pet collar - 06/19/22
Originally Posted by WhiteTrash

Cat box is in garage, put in a little door ( on my door to garage ). Was maybe an hrs work and 25 bucks.
Problem solved
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Deadly pet collar - 06/19/22
First heard of this last year after 5-6 years of using. Had 1 dog that would get a rash so we used something else on him but when we heard of this we switched to bravecto (little brownie looking thing), seems to work good.
Posted By: las Re: Deadly pet collar - 06/19/22
Originally Posted by hookeye
Originally Posted by WhiteTrash

Cat box is in garage, put in a little door ( on my door to garage ). Was maybe an hrs work and 25 bucks.
Problem solved

Get a cat like this, and you won't have dog problems. Putting a flea collar on it may be problematic...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
© 24hourcampfire