Home
Every time my wife goes out of town my girls want me to cook. I typically split the cooking duties with my wife anyway, but they want me to try out new things when she is gone. A few years ago I tried Chicken Cordon Bleu and they liked it. That was tops of the list this week. Hoping to try out the new smoker later this week.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Had to make skin on mashed taters too!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Mine is out of town until next Sunday. I get supper out of a window usually
Experiment nights were always interesting growing up. Might be badass, or peanut butter sandwiches might be what's for dessert.
I'm the cook here since I am now un/self-employed. No chicken Cordon Bleu. Red beans and sausage, chili (with beans of course), gumbo, grilled beef, stew, or soup. Sometimes scrambled eggs. My bride leaves at 7AM and gets back by 7PM if we're lucky and there's no C-section to attend. We aren't picky or inventive with food.
Looks good to me…..
I travel for 15 years for work (3-4 nights every week). 6 years ago I came back home to run the family business. My schedule is MUCH better now and I cook most of the meals. The kids each picked out recipe books for me for Father’s Day. I really enjoy it and by what everyone says I’m actually pretty good.

Tonight I did chicken and pineapple skewers that were marinated in coconut milk for the wife and my little girl. My son and I ate chicken and jalapeño skewers with a honey glaze.

But on occasion I’ll try something that turns out nowhere near good. Usually edible though 😂😂😂

Edit to add my wife fried us up some green tomatoes out of the garden. Man they were good. We rarely eat fried anything.
Originally Posted by Joshm28
I travel for 15 years for work (3-4 nights every week). 6 years ago I came back home to run the family business. My schedule is MUCH better now and I cook most of the meals. The kids each picked out recipe books for me for Father’s Day. I really enjoy it and by what everyone says I’m actually pretty good.

Tonight I did chicken and pineapple skewers that were marinated in coconut milk for the wife and my little girl. My son and I ate chicken and jalapeño skewers with a honey glaze.

But on occasion I’ll try something that turns out nowhere near good. Usually edible though 😂😂😂

Edit to add my wife fried us up some green tomatoes out of the garden. Man they were good. We rarely eat fried anything.

Those skewers sound good. If we eat anything fried it’s in the air fryer. Tonight’s meal was baked.
We airfried the tomato’s. Made a hell of a mess though 😂. Good thing about me cooking is she does the cleaning.
you dont eat much
Originally Posted by Tesoro
you dont eat much

My scale would disagree!!!
I do all the cooking my wife does all the clean up. We both like it that way. I'm very good with alot of things { meat lots of ways and fish} I ;ike to cook and she doesn't, works for us. Got a freezer full of elk. Good to go.
Philgood80,

Looks good, looks like my Grannys green beans and mashed taters, although she stuck with the Kentucky fried chicken style since she was from Kentucky.

I like to make -hybrid- meals, vegetable soup X with chili.
And crazy pizza's, big deep dish cast iron pan, thin pizza crust [store bought] jimmy dean sausage/black label maple bacon/black angus ribeye/hordes of cheese/strawberry & pineapple slivers/ragu meat flavor sauce.
I think it weighs about five pounds. Made the little girls next door one for Christmas another for New Years, first time they gave me the ''I thought you said was a pizza'' look.
© 24hourcampfire